Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Lost and How I Met Your Mother.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

15+ Year Old Account
    Scrubs comes to mind, the first time I watched it it was already kind of meh, but the show just keeps making a point about how sad everything is with mostly lackluster humor. The walking dead was even more disappointing, the first season was fine, but went downhill in season two, season 3 was okayish but then it got really bad, and quit when negan was supposed to show up, luckily I had spoilered myself, and didn't wanna see that shit unfold, hard pass from then on. always wondered how it was possible for that show to keep running with so many saying it's shit.

for movies, it has to be the avatar the last airbender movie, it shouldn't exist, and the men/women responsible for it hitting theaters should be fired, still feel bad for the actors though. The mortal combat movie also really sucked, how that went through to production is a mystery to me. the 2004 catwoman movie, it's offensive in how bad it is, and I still want my time back and no, halle barry does not compensate for how bad it is.

honourable mentions: the cats movie, didn't see it, but every bit of media surrounding it, and the commercials really made it look like a disgustingly off-putting movie, I think I'd rather stub my toes continuously against furniture for it's runtime than to have to watch that.
    'Something's awry.' -Duhgan 'Bel' beltayn

'A Man choses, a Slave obeys.' -Andrew Rayn

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    pacific rim, uprising
    You may or may not want to avoid Pacific Rim: The Black. It's a fair bit better than Uprising, and the animation style and jaeger v kaiju action is mostly good, but I felt the human element to be a bit lacking. Might improve in Season 2.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

Quote Originally Posted by Ayirasi View Post
    You may or may not want to avoid Pacific Rim: The Black. It's a fair bit better than Uprising, and the animation style and jaeger v kaiju action is mostly good, but I felt the human element to be a bit lacking. Might improve in Season 2.
    I started watching episode one and so far I'm enjoying it, stopped cause I realized that I really need to pay full attention to it. but I also had absolutely zero expectations for it, so there is only one way to go here - up. I probably had too many expectations for Uprising, which is why it was so disappointing for me.

The Predator was aggressively bad. I dunno what went wrong but damn that stunk.

TV show? Probably post cancellation Futurama.

I mean, I would have to say The Last Jedi.
    The Rise of Skywalker was doomed after that one. There could not be a single person to save episode 9 after the disaster that was the Last Jedi.
    And I remember getting super hyped with my friends from the trailers.

To go for a non-mainstream answer:
    The Predator was a big fail. I expected something at least close to the original (or the sequel) but no. Keegan Michael Key making decade old internet jokes was old the first time he did it in the movie. The rest was just not Predator.

10+ Year Old Account
    Modern Battle Star Galactica - strictly because of the ending/epilogue
    It is an amazing show up until the ass-pull of an ending.

It's got to be The Last Jedi. An utterly nonsensical bag of pure, rancid liquid shit, and the worst Star Wars movie ever made. The Rise of Skywalker was doomed because of the alienation and division TLJ stirred within the fan base, but I still enjoyed it as a Star Wars movie a million times more.

Recently, it was Altered Carbon season 2. It's like the interns took over with half the budget.

Star Wars the Force Awakens - it was just such a big hyped up event and then we got a reboot of Episode 4. What a load of horseshit.

Also the later seasons of Game of Thrones.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

10+ Year Old Account
    As common as this probably is the biggest disappointment for me was the last couple seasons of Game of Thrones. The last season being the most disappointing.

I started watching the show when it had already ended so I knew that the ending was gonna suck but oh boy how much it DID suck once I got there.

7+ Year Old Account
    By far, the biggest disappointment for me: The Lord of the Rings Trilogy - what a fucking shit show.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably either The Dark Tower movie (I love the books) or the TV adaptation of The Passage. Such a fun series with some interesting ideas and then someone decided to only cover the first act of the first book. It was just all the set-up with none of the payoff.

Penny Dreadful. A truly amazing show ruined by the creator/head writer because after 2 seasons he decided he didn't want to work on it anymore and rushed season 3 into an awful series finale.

Steven Universe was also ruined by it's 'bonus' season, Steven Universe Future.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Just off the top of my head:

Pacific Rim:

I recall they really hyped up all the various mechs that appeared and how each country had its own team and so on. Then in the film, all those teams basically get their asses kicked and don't do much. They have so little impact I wonder why they even bothered to introduce them. I suppose their idea was to say "hey look the USA bot is so good, even all these other robots were useless where it wasn't!"...but all I ended up feeling was disappointment. I think I felt the same for uprising but thinking about it, I really can't remember much about it (Other than annoyance/disappointment that the 1st films hero didn't return)

Lost:
    I remember catching an episode when my Dad was watching and getting really intrigued and stayed with it for a bit. Then when walt was written out of the show and all the various reports about had the showrunners say "yeah he got too old so we just wrote him out"...that's when I realized I wasn't watching a show with a preplanned story and pay off. it was something that was just written episode to episode, but it PRETENDED it was all preplanned (to suck in folks like me).

Heroes-
    Season 1 was interesting and they setup a few mysteries I was looking forward too seeing the pay off for. Given the shows name and the premise of people having superpowers, I figured they were aiming to have the main cast become, you know, super heroes. (Plus you ahd the character Hiro claim this was sim aim as well)

Then we got to...season 2 I think it was, and the various mysteries started getting paid out with what felt like, to me, cheap cop outs (Example: In S1 a guy predicts the future with paintings. One shows Hiro holding a katana in front of a t-rex. Interesting, I thought. I wonder what kind of scenario this will lead too. The pay off? He's in a museum one day, holds an old sword, climbs a ladder and holds said sword in front of a t-rex statue and then I believe he puts it back and that's it. So a cop out. *sigh*), it also became obvious that the characters were clearly NOT ever gonna be super heroes, and I started to realise despite the shows name that wasn't ever really it's goal. A more accurate name for the show would have been "some people get powers. Meh"
    Possibly the writers strike hurt this, but I doubt it.

Disney Star Wars-
    It started out kind of promising with the 1st film and rogue one, but dropped in quality so poorly after that. IMHO, I feel the mistake here was not preplanning the storyline, instead going with a "we'll have a new director and each film and they can take there story where they like!" sort of deal. Such a bad bad bad bad bad idea. That's the kind of thing kids do for a game on a forum, not whole you should approach something you expect to be a related trilogy of films!

Mandalorian has helped the brand recover, if they're smart they'll hopefully avoid disney trilogy timeline stuff. They should eitehr stick with original trilogy era stories, or just go later or earlier, IMHO.
    Last edited by Icaras; 2021-04-03 at 09:04 AM.
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Last Jedi.

Gravity, probably worst movie in the last decade, well previous...

10+ Year Old Account
    The whole DC cinematic universe, with a special mention to Suicide Squad.

INTRODUCING!
    The man that can climb anything!
    The man with a knife that has a unicorn plushie addiction!
    The lady with brain damage that screams and bonks things with a baseball bat!
    A guy with a gun!
    A guy with a boomerang!
    A man painted like a crocodile!

aaaannnnddd

The worst rendition of the Joker ever conceived by man!

All united in a squad to defeat a demigod that can vaporize things with his eyesight! Who will win?! My money is on the guy with the boomerang!

That movie was so freaking atrocious it was not even funny. I saw it two weeks before it got released in my home country. I wanted to warn everyone to stay away but they threatened me if I spoiled anything, so I just let them ruin their day by watching it.

Maze Runner
    The first movie was trippy and mysterious. Well established characters and a clear goal. The two sequels were... putrid. No maze runners anymore, just a postapocalyptic landscape with zombies. B o r i n g. What a shame.

The Crimes of Grindelwald
    As much as I love Johnny Depp, he is a finished actor imo. Just cannot make different facial expressions anymore. Just a confusing movie, I think I have read somewhere that you can know more if you read an external source or something? The scene when they all meet and everyone starts talking about the drowned kid is the pinnacle of WTF. I stopped understanding a single thing and I consequently stopped caring.

The last Star Wars trilogy
    Goes without saying. Hot garbage. I was mildly irritated by it before really getting into the Star Wars world. After rewatching the previous trilogies + Solo/Rogue One, I think back to the latest trilogy with burning rage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    The whole DC cinematic universe, with a special mention to Suicide Squad.
    Academy Award winning Suicide Squad. That's probably the biggest disappointment of all.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

I would say game of throne season 8.