Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Best/worst computer brands.

If you don't feel like building your own computer and would rather get a prebuilt, What are the best major computer brands? The worst?

10+ Year Old Account
    Why are you asking after you bought one? https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...puter-any-good

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've had some success with rigs from xidax
    I've been burnt twice by cyberpowerpc

5+ Year Old Account
    The 9 Best Custom PC Builders of 2021
    https://techguided.com/best-custom-pc-builders/

Origin PC (Alienware lol, founded by former alienware employees)
    Xidax - most expensive of them, followed by Origin
    MainGear
    CyberPowerPC - cheapest option
    iBuyPower - main competitor to Cyberpowerpc, started same time as them 1998, 99, Cyberpowerpc's more expensive brother
    Digital Storm
    Falcon Northwest
    NZXT BLD - linus sebastian worked at NZXT now he does Youtube videos
    AVADirect
    Last edited by monkfailz; 2021-12-02 at 03:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by monkfailz View Post
    The 9 Best Custom PC Builders of 2021
    https://techguided.com/best-custom-pc-builders/

Origin PC
    Xidax
    MainGear
    CyberPowerPC
    iBuyPower
    Digital Storm
    Falcon Northwest
    BLD (by NZXT)
    AVADirect
    That might be true if you don't care about price, because *holy fuck* Origin is overpriced.. As is Maingear, but slightly less so.
    Linus Tech Tips has a "secret shopper" series buying computers from different OEMs, some included on that list, and go over what they get.

If you plan to go really custom and money isn't a thought with it than MainGear and OriginPC are the two I have done upgrades in and saw quality. Most importantly I saw they actually put the parts into them that you paid for. You would be surprised how often these pre-built places tell you they are putting in an "Asus Strix 3090" and you end up with the most off brand 3090 money can find off ebay (you remember, back when video cards existed). The guys that are most notorious for that are IBuyPower and CyberPowerPC from my experience.

But if you are buying off the shelf systems already assembled and looking for best bang for the buck then you probably are going to be looking at iBuyPower and CyberPowerPC. The systems will work. They will have powerful hardware. It just won't have greatness but lets be honest greatness isn't often required. Just expect them to run a little hot. Expect them not to have a ton of effort put into them. Know that the reason its often a great deal is not a lot of elbow grease is being put into them.

If I really had to recommend one it probably would be BLD by NZTX. The parts will be what they say. It is just customizable enough to not screw it up if you are a novice. The price isn't insanely marked up. Now it won't be anything flashy but it will get the job done. I would say it is the closest thing you will run into that has that "home built" feel to it while coming out of a box. So everything will be easy to work on and repair/upgrade when needed. Unlike a lot of these places that use custom cases, parts, or stuff so much shit into a little case its often a nightmare to work on.
    Last edited by Low Hanging Fruit; 2021-04-03 at 02:07 PM.

If you wanna buy a decent prebuild you're going to overpay at least 1.5x, that's the reality of the prebuild market.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    If you wanna buy a decent prebuild you're going to overpay at least 1.5x, that's the reality of the prebuild market.
    Usually yeah. Right now however, no.

Quote Originally Posted by Viikkis View Post
    Usually yeah. Right now however, no.
    And not 1.5x as much, since for instance NZXT’s BLD service charges MSRP + 100$ (50 build, 50 shipping).

Quote Originally Posted by CastletonSnob View Post
    If you don't feel like building your own computer and would rather get a prebuilt, What are the best major computer brands? The worst?
    For me the worst is: MSI. had so many problems with them. My pc shop ( only changed to it last year) i go to also has the same problem. All the motherboards that failed they hang on the ceiling....guess what brand they are.

HP was the worst for me. Used 2 of their laptops. Both of them overheating to melt itself. NEver ever again. They could not last more than 2 years and these laptops were not for games. Just some word excel stuff you know which you can use at work. FUck their retarded design.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Cyberpower PC is hit/miss with customer service and QC. I bought a 10700f and 3070 prebuilt. I had to return it because BSOD, weak power supply, and shipping damage. The expanding packaging knocked out a cable. The cooler managed to get loose as well. The whole thing was a mess. Luckily they paid for shipping back and no restocking fee. YMMV.

I've had multiple great experiences with both CyberpowerPC and Avadirect. No frills but they built exactly to my specifications and any time I've had to warranty it was quick and zero hassle.

I had an absolutely horrible experience with Digital Storm and would not recommend giving them any business.

Long story but I ordered a ridiculously expensive build from them and it had a critical design flaw in their custom water cooling system. Not only were they unable to fix it, they replaced it with something much cheaper and lower end despite the fact that they continue to sell new builds with the same parts they claim they couldn't use to fix my PC! On top of this, they charged me 450$ to ship it back to them on my dime (this was within warranty window and a defect in their custom parts) and it tooks months to get it repaired and returned back to me.

Their customer service was incredibly rude on the phone, telling me if I wasn't happy with paying for shipping or waiting months I should "fix it myself". It gets even richer, the lower end replacing water cooling parts then later also failed. This time they refused to fix it unless I covered the full cost of the repairs because it was out of the warranty window which apparently isn't from when the repairs were done the first time around but from when I originally purchased the PC!

0/10 these guys at Digital Storm suck bad.

all depends from your work on PC. For example, bloggers, IT specialsits have mackbooks and windows devices. Same as me. Recently I have already created website and implemented secure certificate ssls.com for its protecting.
    Last edited by kamuidesu; 2021-05-17 at 10:09 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I bought a custom build from Ibuypower to get a 3070 (needed several upgrades anyway so figured wth just get a whole pc.)

I didn't like the wire management but I was going to take the whole thing apart and reassemble anyway so that wasn't a big deal. Also they put the AIO radiator as a front intake instead of a top exhaust, it's not wrong per say I just prefer my radiator on top. The price was decent considering the current market I probably paid $200-$250 more than I would have building it myself (assuming I could find a msrp 3070).

One big issue was I couldn't pick my GPU brand. I ended up with MSI which is fine, I just didn't want Gigabyte because I just have the worst luck with them.
    Last edited by Amsden; 2021-05-18 at 02:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Why are you asking after you bought one? https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...puter-any-good
    you 2 seem to have some history LOL

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    you 2 seem to have some history LOL
    Well he had made another similar thread as well before the one I linked. Just recognized the name

Thank you so much for making a list of worst computer. You can purchase Best Gaming PC here.

I'm confused, is this about brands like MSI or prebuilt brands like IBuyPower

10+ Year Old Account
    Avoid HP and dell stuff, they normally loaded with non-standart proprietary hardware. Hate proprietary stuff.