Page 50 of 109 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Electric Lighter View Post
    No its usually because the next boss has harder checks then the previous one. Its why more people kill shriekwing then sire.

A lot of people who kick and scream for better gear can't really cope that its just envy. They want something that they can't obtain and it irks them.
    Nah dude, its delusional, nobody cares about your gear. People only care about THEIR gear. It's a wet dream of "wannabee elitists" that somehow thinks other people admire their gear in cities constantly inspecting them.

While reality is, since MoP the only ever random whispers I got was about... mounts I was sitting on. Nobody gave a flying fuck about my mythic gear.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Nah dude, its delusional, nobody cares about your gear. People only care about THEIR gear. It's a wet dream of "wannabee elitists" that somehow thinks other people admire their gear in cities constantly inspecting them.

While reality is, since MoP the only ever random whispers I got was about... mounts I was sitting on. Nobody gave a flying fuck about my mythic gear.
    Right we agree. I just don't want them to destroy the entire structure of the game in a made frenzy to improve their gear.

I suppose it could be this though I admit I am skeptical how many new players wow honestly brings in at this point. Out of any other massively multiplayer game it has a ton of barriers for new players. It costs money to buy, it has a subscription and it has a cash shop like a free to play game.

It could be a new generation but I suspect its just the usual suspects.
    It does, not as many as more famous games, but it does, they are just low term and the subscription is the problem, and the savior at the same time.

WoW requires some responsibility/commitment towards other human beings after a certain point ,the younger generations are not that.

Net cafe culture allows me to view tons of people as they grow up with games, many, many people play WoW over a course of an expansion, reality is, 90% of them have no business playing it, its not for them, but its "A game thats being played" or "Has been played for so many years, must be something about it".

And you can always check reddit/wow forums etc, to see the whole "New player need friends" spam, and so on, so on.

But, most of them treat it as single player, very few understand the concept of it, and seek extra "knowledge" and "help", so eventually they reach a point where single player ends, they ask "What do now". they dont like the answer--> Complain or unsub.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    What exactly is stopping you doing exactly that in Shadowlands? If you don't like organised group content, then there's always been a limit to what you can accomplish. Disorganised group content is still around in the form of LFR and Heroic dungeons, and these together with world quests make up a decent level of progression. If you want to push yourself, then M+ exists at whatever level you feel you can manage. I've comfortably pugged M+ up to +5s on a 196 character with very little RIO score.
    The limit was never that low though. As I keep mentioning I was able to earn decent gear through the one activity I consistently played and enjoyed throughout every expansion; random battlegrounds. Now, the game is essentially telling me that I am not allowed to play those until I thrust myself into the thick mire of terror and depression, namely all of the forms of organized group content. The places where I can get yelled at and put down for not being perfect, the places where we are not people but numbers, the places where i'm probably not going to get invited to anyway because who wants to play with a struggling scrub like me?

I just do not at all feel welcome in this game anymore.
    Last edited by Tadkins; 2021-04-03 at 06:37 PM.

No idea, I'd rather the raid just give me all the loot I want week 1 and then I only have to worry about prog and rekills.

Quote Originally Posted by Tadkins View Post
    The limit was never that low though. As I keep mentioning I was able to earn decent gear through the one activity I consistently played and enjoyed throughout every expansion; random battlegrounds. Now, the game is essentially telling me that I am not allowed to play those until I thrust myself into the thick mire of terror and depression, namely all of the forms of organized group content. The places where I can get yelled at and put down for not being perfect, the places where we are not people but numbers, the places where i'm probably not going to get invited to anyway because who wants to play with a struggling scrub like me?

I just do not at all feel welcome in this game anymore.
    What's changed in Random BGs exactly? I don't PvP, so I'm not clear what changed with the reward structure in Shadowlands.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    What's changed in Random BGs exactly? I don't PvP, so I'm not clear what changed with the reward structure in Shadowlands.
    The limit of gear I can get is 200 in SL. Whereas back in the day I could earn good conquest through randoms, albeit at a slower rate next to a rated PvPer which was totally cool.

And that basically means just about everyone will be able to crush me except others in my situation. Of course we're not allowed to choose who we fight so all I get to look forward to every game is warming the graveyard. And getting yelled at by my own faction for taking up the slot a M+ player could have had.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    It does, not as many as more famous games, but it does, they are just low term and the subscription is the problem, and the savior at the same time.

WoW requires some responsibility/commitment towards other human beings after a certain point ,the younger generations are not that.

Net cafe culture allows me to view tons of people as they grow up with games, many, many people play WoW over a course of an expansion, reality is, 90% of them have no business playing it, its not for them, but its "A game thats being played" or "Has been played for so many years, must be something about it".

And you can always check reddit/wow forums etc, to see the whole "New player need friends" spam, and so on, so on.

But, most of them treat it as single player, very few understand the concept of it, and seek extra "knowledge" and "help", so eventually they reach a point where single player ends, they ask "What do now". they dont like the answer--> Complain or unsub.
    Then the answer is to push them to unsub. To try an change the game to cater to that would just shatter it.

Then the answer is to push them to unsub. To try an change the game to cater to that would just shatter it.
    Shadowlands is doing a great job at pushing casual players to unsub. FFXIV has seen an increase in "WoW refugees" and that game is currently in the lull between the last patch and the next expansion. Servers are suddenly having queues where they didn't a few months ago.

FFXIV subs have pretty much skyrocketed since SL launched
    Last edited by Echocho; 2021-04-03 at 07:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Echocho View Post
    Shadowlands is doing a great job at pushing casual players to unsub. FFXIV has seen an increase in "WoW refugees" and that game is currently in the lull between the last patch and the next expansion. Servers are suddenly having queues where they didn't a few months ago.
    When you say casual do you mean only ever does lfr and plays for the story or casual as in not a lot of time?

To be honest wow is a pretty terrible story book game. I can see a lot of draw in having them go to a game they will enjoy more. Just like how most people who beat FF end game join wow.

You can have different mmos do different things better and cater to different people.

To be honest wow is a pretty terrible story book game. I can see a lot of draw in having them go to a game they will enjoy more. Just like how most people who beat FF end game join wow.
    I've always loved the story of WoW, since Warcraft 1. Played every game and I own multiple books.

So it is a bit depressing being driven out of this game.

Im about to become a elder scrolls online one myself soon if blizzard doesn't give a better patch for 9.2 yep you heard me i have zero interest in 9.1 one mega dungeon won't cut it i seen only one thing i like about it the rest sucks ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker1 View Post
    Im about to become a elder scrolls online one myself soon if blizzard doesn't give a better patch for 9.2 yep you heard me i have zero interest in 9.1 one mega dungeon won't cut it i seen only one thing i like about it the rest sucks ass.
    ESO is a great choice. It does things very differently from FFXIV and I'd say it's the superior solo experience. If you want to queue up for dungeons and raids with other people and have a rewarding gear tread mill as a casual player I'd say that FFXIV is a better game.

That being said I absolutely love the couch gaming of ESO on my Xbox, the character progression is great, there is a LOT of content to do that doesn't really feel mundane at any point, all of it feels fun. The random battlegrounds are actually super fun in that game too. The gear progression is more horizontal which fits that game perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Tadkins View Post
    I've always loved the story of WoW, since Warcraft 1. Played every game and I own multiple books.

So it is a bit depressing being driven out of this game.
    You made a hundred odd posts about systems you don't understand in a game you never played. Is it wrong if I genuinely think everyone would be better off with you driven off?

10+ Year Old Account
    How long do you think they would continue to have a job if they blatantly and expressly pushed players to unsubscribe from their game? I dont think you understand what the purpose of world of warcraft is... I mean to some degree I wish they would be more blatant because then they could be fired and people like you would be shit out of luck because whoever replaces the current crop of developers would have to do a 180...
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    Same ilvl may be. 20 ilvl above (with the today metrics) I don’t think so. Today, given a roughly equivalent skill, a 220 PvE dude with zero res would beat a same class/spec 200 toon with resilience 8-9 times on 10, I have little doubts about this.
    Tbh @Tadkins was playing a decently geared rogue in BC PvP. It is entirely possible that fully PvE geared toons died during the initial stunlock. Add random stun from mace autoattacks (if talented), and GG.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Tbh @Tadkins was playing a decently geared rogue in BC PvP. It is entirely possible that fully PvE geared toons died during the initial stunlock. Add random stun from mace autoattacks (if talented), and GG.
    Yup. Orc rogue, Vengeful Gladiator armor + Merciless Gladiator maces, talented mostly in Combat with mace talents (forgot all the details, been a decade after all xD). Killed plenty of folks with that. PvE people would almost melt like butter. My gametime in BC was all basically random BGs, daily quests and ganking people in said daily quest areas.

It wasn't the greatest time for me both in the game and in RL (lots of heavy stuff was going on there) but all things considered there were some good parts about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbro View Post
    Theres no strawman, you people legit think anyone on high end content cares about what you do or get xd you arent that important buddy, its just funny that you always use the same arguments when talking about "elitists" and the top% of the players, if you used your brain a bit you would try to get better and/or suggest blizz some solutions to your gear progression in the right places, since this one isnt, and if this wasnt clear enough, this means you can get all the 226 gear you want, you wont get anywhere with it, hence why the top% doesnt care.
    We know because it happens regularly here and in chat within game.

FFXIV subs have pretty much skyrocketed since SL launched
    Pretty irrelevant unless you provide infos about if there was a major content update or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite92 View Post
    Pretty irrelevant unless you provide infos about if there was a major content update or not.
    I said that it was in a lull between expansions. Subs should be going down, not up.