Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Loot drop rates still feel unrewarding

I don’t know if it’s just me and I’ve had insanely bad luck, or if others are feeling it too... but the drop chances of loot feel still feel somewhat broken and unrewarding.

28 DoS runs in 3 weeks and only the same item dropping twice... and 1 loot drop in 3 weeks of doing 8-10/10 heroic bosses in the same time.

Now I know that it’s not always “about loot” but when you’re trying to farm an item, and having to rerun content over I can accept if there is a random chance the 1/2 items I want would drop... but getting almost nothing for my effort really makes me feel that the “loot fix” is bullocks.

Anyone else experiencing extreme bad luck constantly with loot drops?

Yup I had 5 weeks of garbage vault and 9 weeks in a row of literally zero loot from Sire

I lost any motivation to raid and Im just taking a break

Hopefully 9.1 will change something about current loot situation

Well, your party recieved 2 items per m+ (just look at the party chat). You not getting them is bad luck, but there is definitely more loot. Also 1 item out of 9 raid boss kills is within expectations. You should get your drop next week.
    Generally doing m+ runs to farm a specific item is a pretty long undertaking. You have a 40% chance of getting loot and then you have a pool of over 10 items that could drop for you in that dungeon. So on average you'll look at a dropchance of under 4% per run for your item. On average; it can take much longer than that (to be exact, you getting the item in 28 tries has a probability of 69%, assuming the 4% dropchance, which is lower in reality).

Bad luck is bad luck. It has been this way since vanilla and it will never change. You just don't hear the lucky people complaining, that's why the perception is so negative.
    Last edited by LordVargK; 2021-04-03 at 10:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vault really was amazing for me, from my experience it stopped being a decent weekly upgrade only after I had 226 in most pieces anyway.

Raid, not so much, but lately it covered me with farm. Now I only need M.Dena stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Finear View Post
    Yup I had 5 weeks of garbage vault and 9 weeks in a row of literally zero loot from Sire

I lost any motivation to raid and Im just taking a break

Hopefully 9.1 will change something about current loot situation
    Think this is very dangerous . Even as casual i find the loot drops in normal/hc dungeons, boxxes, vault etc very low. Even some normal runs of DoS under my belt.

And yes we have valor to upgrade gear. But still....bad drops. My druid has not seen a single upgrade in weeks. Even while doing content.

I feel like this is fixxed mythic 20 man all over again. a thing not needed and made just to weed out more raiders.

Op if what you said is exact, you just have a really bad luck streak, sorry for you. That happen, this is totally not a normal loot for this number of mm+ and raid boss but sometime, you just get very unlucky. Its totally understandable to loose motivation, but a some point that gonna end, maybe take a little break . My personnal "best" unlucky streak, during legion in 14 week I got 7 belts and 7 bracers in the chest... guess which legendaries I was using !

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Also 1 item out of 9 raid boss kills is within expectations. You should get your drop next week.
    Your expectations are pretty low, the chance is 20% per boss kills, if you clean the raid you get 2 item in average.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Well, your party recieved 2 items per m+ (just look at the party chat). You not getting them is bad luck, but there is definitely more loot. Also 1 item out of 9 raid boss kills is within expectations. You should get your drop next week.
    Generally doing m+ runs to farm a specific item is a pretty long undertaking. You have a 40% chance of getting loot and then you have a pool of over 10 items that could drop for you in that dungeon. So on average you'll look at a dropchance of under 4% per run for your item. On average; it can take much longer than that (to be exact, you getting the item in 28 tries has a probability of 69%, assuming the 4% dropchance, which is lower in reality).

Bad luck is bad luck. It has been this way since vanilla and it will never change. You just don't hear the lucky people complaining, that's why the perception is so negative.
    Disagree, i have played WoW for a long time. From casual to hc ( and when it changed) to mythic , and back to casual again.
    And yes i have had streaks of bad luck, MoP first raid i had weeks of no loot.
    But this is different.
    In older content you could hit dry spots. where you barely got loot, or what you got was not a upgrade. But not like this. If you used to do a raid on any level you could expect like 1 item per raid for yourself. even before personal loot, when you had bad luck and several people who wanted a certain item. You would most of the time walk out with a item.
    But right now its weeks of nothing burgers. Vault and valor upgrade's are pretty much the only way i have gotten items. And vault already has given me 2 double items.

would it be rewarding for you if you received everything you wanted within like 5 runs?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LDancer View Post
    28 DoS runs in 3 weeks
    I know the above isn't what this thread is about, but, holy crap. I barely get through 5 mythic+ a week. Forget about doing one specific dungeon that much.

You sir, are fucking hardcore!

I feel like the main issue is when someone is trying to farm for a specific piece of gear instead of just rolling with the best one they get. Yes, getting a specific item for let's say a chest slot from that one particular instance might take you like 30 runs of that dungeon, but if you just do content in general, you're gonna get some decent chest slot item pretty soon. Maybe it's a better idea to focus on upgrading your gear in general, rather than worrying about that +2 dps increase that very specific one item gives you over a plethora of similar items?

Same with vault. I find it really hard to believe when some people claim they had like 5 weeks of vault without an upgrade. Either you are already pretty much done with gearing at that level, or you are barely doing any content, or you're just not satisfied with anything that isn't a BiS. I had between 2 to 5 options in the vault since the start of SL until like mid-March, and I literally NEVER took the stygia consolation prize. To be fair I did take a one hand weapon once which I don't use, because there was nothing better, so I guess that counts. All other vaults have been upgrades: minor or major, but upgrades.

For people not getting raid loot for weeks...why aren't other people in your raid trading you the stuff they get? If you're so unlucky, someone else must be constantly getting the loot in that case right? After 3-4 runs you should be reaching a point where people are starting to get gear they already have... Or are all people complaining just pugging everything and being surprised they aren't getting loot?

Gearing was really hard around the start of SL, but after the raid loot boost it's really not that bad anymore. I feel like some people are consciously choosing to handicap themselves.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    In older content you could hit dry spots. where you barely got loot, or what you got was not a upgrade. But not like this.
    Ahahah... reminds me of TBC where I legit was running around with blue weapon despite raiding SSC for 2 months +, until I finally got a shitty caster purple in Kara off last boss on my birthday.

Yeahhh "not like this".

What we have now is heaven in comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by zhero View Post
    would it be rewarding for you if you received everything you wanted within like 5 runs?
    Maybe it'd be rewarding if bosses/dungeons dropped...

Idk, 2 pieces per m+, 3-4 per boss in raids.

Maybe setup like, its on the boss, and your group determines who gets what?

Tbh with vault, i think i ve been fully geared faster than any xpac...

You guys want a full set in the mail ?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Ahahah... reminds me of TBC where I legit was running around with blue weapon despite raiding SSC for 2 months +, until I finally got a shitty caster purple in Kara off last boss on my birthday.

Yeahhh "not like this".

What we have now is heaven in comparison.

Eighty-fucking-one.

That's how many Heroic Mechanar's I ran on my Prot Warrior to get the epic sword in TBC.

...then I replaced it the next week from the Netherspite weapon in Kara. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasuuna View Post
    Maybe it'd be rewarding if bosses/dungeons dropped...

Idk, 2 pieces per m+, 3-4 per boss in raids.

Maybe setup like, its on the boss, and your group determines who gets what?
    so how it is now except with master loot. because that never caused any drama. you still wouldn't get shit

Quote Originally Posted by zhero View Post
    This isnt what people are asking for. I have guildies doing TONS of one dungeon hunting a piece and it not dropping at all... see image; .... this should not be happening and this isnt the only person it happened to. The raid can too easily feel the same way. im clearing heroic multiple times per week doing sale runs and see a lot bigger sample size than some and have a wider perspective being mindful of other people's loot as well. the numbers are still low. what we "should" get like others saying we should have a 20% chance or whatever and if you didnt get it this week you should get it next week... ive personally gone 3 weeks of getting 0 items in heroic raid all 10 bosses and others with similar results. its bad, still bad. we dont want or expect everything, we just want to feel rewarded for the effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post

Same with vault. I find it really hard to believe when some people claim they had like 5 weeks of vault without an upgrade. Either you are already pretty much done with gearing at that level, or you are barely doing any content, or you're just not satisfied with anything that isn't a BiS. I had between 2 to 5 options in the vault since the start of SL until like mid-March, and I literally NEVER took the stygia consolation prize. To be fair I did take a one hand weapon once which I don't use, because there was nothing better, so I guess that counts. All other vaults have been upgrades: minor or major, but upgrades.

For people not getting raid loot for weeks...why aren't other people in your raid trading you the stuff they get? If you're so unlucky, someone else must be constantly getting the loot in that case right? After 3-4 runs you should be reaching a point where people are starting to get gear they already have... Or are all people complaining just pugging everything and being surprised they aren't getting loot?

I had upgrades in 5 weeks of vault, which was a 213 weapon over a bis 226 ring with a socket, you know how shit I felt taking that weapon? And next week a 220 weapon popped up, again had to take it over a decent 226 item which also meant that 213 from previous week was DE on the spot

There are no other rogues, no regular monk and a single tank warrior in my group, if a weapon drops chances of getting a trade are pretty much zero

10+ Year Old Account
    I had upgrades in 5 weeks of vault, which was a 213 weapon over a bis 226 ring with a socket, you know how shit I felt taking that weapon? And next week a 220 weapon popped up, again had to take it over a decent 226 item which also meant that 213 from previous week was DE on the spot
    Wish I had these issues back in TBC, where you login on reset and feel sad about grabbing a purple weapon over a higher grade purple ring. Man, I'm still a tad giggly over that "older content dry spots". IMO, Vault is simply by far the biggest and most effective welfare loot mechanic Blizz ever did.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Wish I had these issues back in TBC, where you login on reset and feel sad about grabbing a purple weapon over a higher grade purple ring. Man, I'm still a tad giggly over that "older content dry spots". IMO, Vault is simply by far the biggest and most effective welfare loot mechanic Blizz ever did.
    Don't see how Tbc is relevant here? I was running for most of the expansion with the same weapons back then, wasn't great either

Vault is good, getting nothing from raid isn't

I wouldn't have to take low ilvl weapons if something was actually dropping in a raid, iirc currently I'm wearing literally 1 or 2 actual raid drops..

10+ Year Old Account
    Vault is good, getting nothing from raid isn't.
    They did fuck up raid drops a tad and there will be improvements to that in 9.1 - they stated as much, for now they just boosted raid drops.