Page 51 of 109 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    This thread definitely went places

Imagine if you will the world of Warcraft SL gearing as a new player with no experience outside of random grouping

You could get over 200 ilvl doing the bare minimum currently and that’s without touching a mythic dungeon

Once you are there you aim for higher rewards and you get told by the game itself that your choices are
    Rated pvp
    Heroic raid
    M+
    Until the next tier

Well you are over 200ilvl so you figure according to the game that means you are suitable for a heroic raid so you go into shriekwing which you did on lfr and you keep hearing there is no big difference between lfr and normal and heroic
    Let’s say you don’t fail the rings when he turns but you do screw up a couple times to basic mechanics

Now let’s go to a boss like destroyer
    You never had to deal with your expunge dropping balls and consume never mattered much so you die and get removed

You then go for m+ but according to the game the main upgrades are from +7 and higher. Let’s say you get into a group that doesn’t use io and it’s something like DOS and like most new players you don’t focus the right adds or you miss interrupts or you don’t move when necessary and on bosses you screw up things like the pylons or the bomb or plagued blood and the key doesn’t make it in time and you and 4 others have a bad time. That isn’t taking into account affixes

Is this the casual player’s fault?? No the game says that those areas are where they should be

Are the players in the raid that kicked you at fault?? No because you should be able to handle the mechanics according to the game and there are 9-29 other people your mistakes are effecting.

Are the players in the m+ group at fault? No because the game’s own systems say “this is enough” but they got punished because the game provides the gear equivalent to that level of play for doing something like collecting anima or playing flappy bird or doing torghast for a month.

If blizzard wasn’t so focused on doing a step ladder system while also saying there are multiple paths that they try to make equal then there wouldn’t be an issue

I remember ghost crawler telling a player that it wasn’t low lfr drop rates that kept his guild from killing 10 man Stone guards it was the fact they weren’t doing it right

Quote Originally Posted by Echocho View Post
    Shadowlands is doing a great job at pushing casual players to unsub. FFXIV has seen an increase in "WoW refugees" and that game is currently in the lull between the last patch and the next expansion. Servers are suddenly having queues where they didn't a few months ago.

FFXIV subs have pretty much skyrocketed since SL launched
    plot twist - Ion is applying for job in Square thats why hes destroying wow ^^

but wait - werent mmorpgs supposed to be season and only loosing subs after game launch ? not get 2 mln of them in content lul ? this must be conspiracy theory against blizz .

maybe people in Suare "dont have phones " ^^

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nite92 View Post
    Pretty irrelevant unless you provide infos about if there was a major content update or not.
    there is content lul and delayed expansion

yet that game is gaining people

mostly wow refugees

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker1 View Post
    Im about to become a elder scrolls online one myself soon if blizzard doesn't give a better patch for 9.2 yep you heard me i have zero interest in 9.1 one mega dungeon won't cut it i seen only one thing i like about it the rest sucks ass.
    there wont be any 9.2 . accept sad truth .

they are most likely already fully focusing on 10.0 .

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurker1 View Post
    Im about to become a elder scrolls online one myself soon if blizzard doesn't give a better patch for 9.2 yep you heard me i have zero interest in 9.1 one mega dungeon won't cut it i seen only one thing i like about it the rest sucks ass.
    I'm trying ESO atm, and it's definitely a great game. What I like the most is that it's much more RPG-ish than WoW, which is ultimately just another lobby game.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    I'm trying ESO atm, and it's definitely a great game. What I like the most is that it's much more RPG-ish than WoW, which is ultimately just another lobby game.
    That's its greatest strength no doubt. It feels like a proper RPG.

I just remembered, last expansion we had Horrific Visions and in its most challenging form (5 masks) a solo player could earn a piece of gear every week that was just a tiny notch below mythic raiding or +15 mythic plus keys.

What on earth was wrong with that and why can't we have something similar with Torghast?

Quote Originally Posted by Tadkins View Post
    I've always loved the story of WoW, since Warcraft 1. Played every game and I own multiple books.

So it is a bit depressing being driven out of this game.
    Felt like I finally left an abusive relationship when I deleted my old WoW account to make a new one that I could let go more easily.

Certainly didn't think "thank god" would first come to mind after deleting it. I mostly farm gold now to pay for my sub, clear normal raids once just to say I've been there (would do heroic but what the hell is the point lol), and then unsub. Totally skipping out on 9.1, as there is nothing there for me, or anyone really.

The one thing that's left me the most heartbroken was the story partway through BFA. I could get over Sylvanas' moustache twirling, trees burning, azerite nonsense, but I absolutely could not get over what Danuser did to N'zoth, Azshara, Nyalotha and Nazjatar. That, for the first time, felt like an actual slap in the face. It was at that point I just turned around and said fuck it, the main thing I've stuck around for has been ruined.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    I love ESO as well, but I play it as a single player game mostly. There isn't much for endgame, as there's like nothing for progression.

New dungeons and raids are cool and all but there's nothing that'll get you out of your "build".

Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    Felt like I finally left an abusive relationship when I deleted my old WoW account to make a new one that I could let go more easily.

Certainly didn't think "thank god" would first come to mind after deleting it. I mostly farm gold now to pay for my sub, clear normal raids once just to say I've been there (would do heroic but what the hell is the point lol), and then unsub. Totally skipping out on 9.1, as there is nothing there for me, or anyone really.

The one thing that's left me the most heartbroken was the story partway through BFA. I could get over Sylvanas' moustache twirling, trees burning, azerite nonsense, but I absolutely could not get over what Danuser did to N'zoth, Azshara, Nyalotha and Nazjatar. That, for the first time, felt like an actual slap in the face. It was at that point I just turned around and said fuck it, the main thing I've stuck around for has been ruined.
    That is a good point. It's just depressing, lol. Everything is just...blegh.

Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    I love ESO as well, but I play it as a single player game mostly. There isn't much for endgame, as there's like nothing for progression.

New dungeons and raids are cool and all but there's nothing that'll get you out of your "build".
    Confession time, I've never actually played Skyrim. ESO seems appealing but I should probably play that first.

Thinking I might finally look into that once my computer situation is handled.

Because everyone want better gear as it is a primary reason to play any mmo after the story is over and done with (if you even care about the story). Why are people even asking this? When you stop gearing up you stop playing. Not that i bother with harder content myself, but any player who plays hard content will rightfully want better rewards for their efforts. This is just common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Something Wicked View Post
    BZZZT! Sorry, wrong again.

You're not more skilled than anyone (unless you count basic compentency of "getting out of the way of shit" and "learning the boss's mechanics" as skilled -- but hint, it's not). More willing to deal with asshole raiders? Sure, no argument. More ambition to do boring, repetetive content just because of the rewards? Sure, no argument. Running around with a ton of other players carrying each other? Again, sure, no argument.

But that's not skill.
    Scrrrriiittttccchhh.
    You just described gaining a skill. People that can do this are skilled. People who can't do this are not skilled. This is just embarrassing. Look up David Tua Wheel of Fortune. It's that level of embarrassing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Scrrrriiittttccchhh.
    You just described gaining a skill. People that can do this are skilled. People who can't do this are not skilled.
    BZZT! Sorry, wrong again, Einstein.

Yes, basic compentency in the game is a "skill" (notice the sarcastic quotation marks). Which I stated. Several times. But it's not a skill, as in something that elevates you above the majority of people. Anymore than learning how to use the potty or putting on a pair of pants. "DUDE, I am SO elite! Only people with my ELITE SKILL LEVEL should be allowed to use a toilet! Especially a fancy one like this, you losers don't deserve it!" That's how stupid it sounds when you people talk about gear in this thread, particularly in regards to someone's bathroom on the other side of the planet that you'll never, in a million years, ever fucking step foot in.

You really do.

And yes, I completely understand you don't realize it. But that doesn't change the fact that it's still what you sound like.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbro View Post
    This is pretty much the big offender, plenty of casuals are hardstuck 200 ilvl cause thats all they can get without stepping into raid, pvp or m+, then they have 0 progression, i thought valor would solve this but then valor was m+ exclusive but at the same time you can get valor with callings (?), so i dont really get why they cant upgrade wq gear or covenant armor to 210 at least xd at this point in the patch it doesnt hurt anyone and would make their entry to the other content easier.
    Considering you only need an ilvl of 175ish to enter into M+ and be relevant there is no need to make world items 210. To contribute to a normal raid you only need to be 185ish. Heck the pug scene will let you do Heroic if you're 200 ilvl. World content is only there to help you into endgame. It's not an alternative progression path. It hurts everyone if gear is 210 out in the world.

Normals become obsolete and heroic raids don't matter that much. M+ could collapse because you only need to do 1 a week. Why put yourself through that pain when WQ gives you the same gear as a 14?

If casuals are "stuck" at 200 then their progression is over just like a mythic raider who is 226 ilvl. Roll another toon or quit.
    why so mad bro

Yes, basic compentency in the game is a "skill" (notice the sarcastic quotation marks). Which I stated. Several times. But it's not a skill, as in something that elevates you above the majority of people. Anymore than learning how to use the potty or putting on a pair of pants. "DUDE, I am SO elite! Only people with my ELITE SKILL LEVEL should be allowed to use a toilet! Especially a fancy one like this, you losers don't deserve it!" That's how stupid it sounds when you people talk about gear in this thread, particularly in regards to someone's bathroom on the other side of the planet that you'll never, in a million years, ever fucking step foot in.

You really do.

And yes, I completely understand you don't realize it. But that doesn't change the fact that it's still what you sound like.
    BRRRNFGGHHJJJHRRFJJHH! Link your character so we can see your skilled accomplishments. But im guessing you "dont feel like doing the content " so you haven't actually done anything.

Its pretty easy to talk about how the game doesn't require skill when you can hide. I think there's definitely skilled areas of the game but I await your response.

BRRRFFGHHHHGFFGHKKK

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    This thread needs to settle down. Make your points without all the snarky asides and insulting sarcasm.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

BC and WotLK gave me the opportunity to earn resilience gear so I had the opportunity to fight back. Even late Vanilla had very good honor gear. I didn't feel as hopeless then as I do now.
    How did you get the resilience gear though? Did you hit max level and go and buy it automatically? Or did you have to run BGs and arena to get them? You don't even play WoW so you probably don't know, but to get gear to do PvP you have to do BGs and arenas. Like you do in TBC and WotLK.

Nothing has changed. What you want is gear handed to you without having to do anything for it.

- - - Updated - - -

I killed a bunch of folks wearing their PvE stuff running to Sunwell, but you don't have to believe me. I know my own experiences though.
    Hahahaha. I few raid nights I would rotate out of SW to give another guy a chance at loot cause I had it all and rock the whole fucking island for 3 hours. Pure raid gear. 0 resilience. I saw plenty of RGB heroes around and they just melted. Of course you ganked some randoms trying to get to the raid. They were trying to get to the raid. But anyone in SW gear who wanted to spend the time would've obliterated you. You might as well have been in dungeon blues.
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by LedZeppelin View Post
    titles and achievements mean 1000 times less than gear
    I bet you think money means something as well.

Still waiting for an answer on this one; what was wrong with having a powerful but challenging solo gearing option like 5 mask Horrific Visions in BfA? Torghast could easily be repurposed to that.

I've always loved the story of WoW, since Warcraft 1. Played every game and I own multiple books.

So it is a bit depressing being driven out of this game.
    But you're not actually in the game. How can you be driven out? All of your fears have been shown to be wrong. 50 pages of people telling you that you are wrong. Is there another issue here that you are afraid to talk about? Are you lonely? It just doesn't make any sense. You have been proven wrong time and time and time again and yet you still come back with the same arguments as if you are deaf to reality. What is the real issue here?

- - - Updated - - -

I just remembered, last expansion we had Horrific Visions and in its most challenging form (5 masks) a solo player could earn a piece of gear every week that was just a tiny notch below mythic raiding or +15 mythic plus keys.

What on earth was wrong with that and why can't we have something similar with Torghast?
    Because you don't know because you don't play but you get legendaries from Torghast. The best gear in the game. Why would you accept lesser gear?

- - - Updated - - -

You really do.

*Jazz playing stops*
    This is where it is just plain embarrassing. Learning to use the potty is a skill. Speaking English is a skill. Cooking scrambled eggs is a skill. I am genuinely sorry for you.
    why so mad bro

raiders whined about game being fun for casuals so blizzard made SL as expansion only for toxic minority.

how it ended we can all see

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    raiders whined about game being fun for casuals so blizzard made SL as expansion only for toxic minority.

how it ended we can all see
    Yup, that was the conclusion I reached as well.

...ahh well, maybe they'll have their dream game in the end when just a few hundred thousand are maintaining it.
    Last edited by Tadkins; 2021-04-04 at 07:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceboytg View Post
    You're likely not too far from the kind of player I am, with the exception that I don't care for PvP at all. If it involves manual grouping I'm just not interested. And honestly, if you're that kind of player then current retail WoW has very little, if anything, to offer you. Over time they've eliminated for non-manual group players any content or progression beyond doing Callings/WQs, which are basically only for gold. If you buy SL you will have a few weeks of your Covenant Campaign to do which will give you 197 gear if you upgrade it all. That makes LFR pointless so at that point you're done with gearing. Your only option for actual content at that point beyond WQs is to try out another Covenant Campaign. Or do PvP and get steamrolled.

There's lots of other games, especially MMOs, that do not subscribe to the moralistic-engine view of gaming that is predominant in WoW. Try some of them out and see what might catch with you For me it was Star Trek Online and a little SWTOR. You might really enjoy FFXIV, I like that game quite well myself.
    That is the genuine feeling I've gotten from WoW as it's described in Shadowlands, and this thread is evidence that my suspicions are pretty much on the money. I just know how harsh the community is and up until now I've just kept to myself filling my collections tabs, and getting as many achievements as I could on my own. Many of those achievements happen to be in random battlegrounds though and that's primarily why I played them. But it seems like even that is lacking and truly the e-sports crowd and the hardcore folks have won. I've come here looking for a reason to sub again once my computer is fixed and all the attacks I've gotten in this thread have said enough. There's just no place in the game left for people like us.

I am currently looking at other games. Once I get a new computer, perhaps it might be time to finally try Skyrim. My sister and I bought a Switch together and I'm also interested in Fire Emblem: Three Houses. I'm also currently playing P99 EQ on my busted computer (which is arguably more group dependent but eh I'm playing a necromancer there, can do plenty on my own ). But in the months I've gone looking for a reason to sub to WoW...I just haven't found it. You've seen the attacks on this thread alone I'm sure.