View Poll Results: Who is more annoying?

Voters
116. This poll is closed
  • Rey Palpatine

40 34.48%
  • Jar-Jar Binks

41 35.34%
  • Kathleen Kennedy/Both

29 25.00%
  • None of them!!

6 5.17%
Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Who is the most annoying: Rey Palpatine or Jar-Jar Binks?

Who's the more annoying character in the Star Wars Disney Franchise? Rey Palpatine or Jar Jar Binks

Trolling isn't allowed. Infracted.
    Last edited by Faltemer; 2021-04-06 at 12:18 AM.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Jar jar is an example of a comedic relief that hogged too much screen time, Rey is an example of a protagonist that was extremely poorly written, in a movie trilogy that wasn't even roughly mapped out and a lunatic at the helm for the tentpole movie in the middle. Realistically Rey is worse, since she is a main character, but she also wasn't only bad, while Jar Jar is just a side character that spoiled less than 15% of the movie. At the end of the day both are entirely uneccessary, Lucas should have never stopped receiving help from other creatives to form his hare-brained ideas into something usable, while the muppets at Disney should have actually properly written a trilogy instead of winging it for 3 movies and by drowning themselves in their politics.

We as viewers should stop giving a shit about star wars in general and while we are at it, we should maybe direct the hero worship of Lucas to people that actually made his movies watchable in the 70's and 80's.

This is probably the wrong forum for this as well.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

I didn't find either annoying. I had issues with a lot of Star Wars material, but all of the problems can be traced to the people helming the franchise.

Besides, a lot of Star Wars fans don't seem capable of differentiating characters they dislike from the actors playing them. Jake Lloyd was tormented for playing a young Anakin and gave up acting. Ahmed Best was driven almost to the point of suicide by the harassment he got for voicing Jar-Jar. Kelly Marie Tran almost walked away from acting for the harassment she received.

Some fans need to grow up. It's perfectly fine to not like something. I don't care much for the newer Star Wars movies. But that should stop well short of trying to ruin the lives of the actors with bullying and death threats.
    Last edited by Stelio Kontos; 2021-04-05 at 07:23 AM.

I only saw episode 7 of the new trilogy, and while Rey is a bad character, she absolutely pales in comparison to the stupid ass pilot guy and his newfound sidekick the black stormtrooper. Can't even remember their names, but they're the 2 dumbest and most annoying movie characters I've seen in a long time. I couldn't stand them.

The whole movie is like cheap Chinese knockoff of episode 4 anyway. Oh, the comparison....well, I got sidetracked since neither of the listed were quite bad enough to rate in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post

Who's the more annoying character in the Star Wars Disney Franchise? Rey Palpatine or Jar Jar Binks
    Did you just fuse the images of Rey Palpatine's chest and Jar Jar Binks's face and arms?

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    Did you just fuse the images of Rey Palpatine's chest and Jar Jar Binks's face and arms?
    He got it out of his spank bank folder.

Rule 34, man, rule 34.

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    He got it out of his spank bank folder.

Rule 34, man, rule 34.
    Walks away very very slowly.

Jar Jar's just an annoying comic relief, inconsequential to the big picture. Meanwhile Rey's the overpowered protagonist of her trilogy who doesn't really develop so much as just becomes more skilled and knowledgeable about stuff; her character remains the same, unaffable and all. And it seems to be the case the people making the trilogy didn't have a set plan for her, changing the question of her parentage from movie to movie, going from Obi-Wan to actual nobodies until finally settling with Palpatine. Finn's simping of her was also painful to watch.

I gave it a pass in Force Awakens, as there was a lot of other things to enjoy about that movie, but as it went on in The Last Jedi and The Rise of Skywalker I had grown weary and really started to hate the character. Good thing they made Rogue One and Solo, because receiving Star Wars stuff unrelated to Rey was a great breather between the trilogy parts. Frankly I'd rather have taken Rogue One as a three-part saga; there's so much going on and so many affable characters introduced it's a bit much for just one movie.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azadina View Post
    I only saw episode 7 of the new trilogy, and while Rey is a bad character, she absolutely pales in comparison to the stupid ass pilot guy and his newfound sidekick the black stormtrooper. Can't even remember their names, but they're the 2 dumbest and most annoying movie characters I've seen in a long time. I couldn't stand them.

The whole movie is like cheap Chinese knockoff of episode 4 anyway. Oh, the comparison....well, I got sidetracked since neither of the listed were quite bad enough to rate in my opinion.
    lol, and your whole post is a cheap knockoff of Misc White American Male Discontent. Perhaps if they all had Joker makeup on, you'd appreciate it more.

Stood in the Fire ShadowofVashj's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    In the basement of Oribos playing cards with fellow Ebon Knights and Cartel members.
    I mean, is it even close? Obviously it's Jar Jar stepping in the poopy.

Rey for sure. Though I'm biased towards the prequel since I saw the first one when i was a kid and I enjoyed it thoroughly.

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    I didn't find either annoying. I had issues with a lot of Star Wars material, but all of the problems can be traced to the people helming the franchise.

Besides, a lot of Star Wars fans don't seem capable of differentiating characters they dislike from the actors playing them. Jake Lloyd was tormented for playing a young Anakin and gave up acting. Ahmed Best was driven almost to the point of suicide by the harassment he got for voicing Jar-Jar. Kelly Marie Tran almost walked away from acting for the harassment she received.

Some fans need to grow up. It's perfectly fine to not like something. I don't care much for the newer Star Wars movies. But that should stop well short of trying to ruin the lives of the actors with bullying and death threats.
    Also I agree with this. I don't get why people can't just leave something alone if they don't like it and instead have to go on fucking crusades. Though I do think that a lot of it are people thinking "they are joking about it" in a more rough manner like you do among friends. Problem is that when hundreds, thousands or more are doing it constantly it starts to go from "joke" to serious for the one receiving.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    lol, and your whole post is a cheap knockoff of Misc White American Male Discontent. Perhaps if they all had Joker makeup on, you'd appreciate it more.
    You've got issues,man

I mean if I measured it in my peak annoyance it would be Jar-Jar. The thing is they kind of moved away from him in the next 2 movies and the small doses you got weren't much of an issue. Ray on the other hand was in your face the whole time because she was the main character. So in totality she takes the cake simply because of constantly being on screen. But really either of these flaws were because of the who they were as characters, who the actors were, but rather how the people pushing them pushed the agenda behind the character. Ray or Jar-Jar could have been perfectly fine. But...

Jar-Jar was written as the clumsy buffoon who trips into outstanding situations he knows nothing about. Of course the idea behind him was probably comic relief and to connect with younger audience members so at the end of the day you got to let it slide. I disliked him but the screen time slowed and the antics chilled a bit without losing the soul of the character.

Ray was written as the invincible all powerful female being that you knew could never be defeated because she touched a lightsaber, heard a few lines of dialog, and suddenly was more powerful than someone with Skywalker blood that trained since nearly birth in saber combat and the force. Now if they wanted to go this route they should have just make Kylo female too so then they could have just been equally powerful all powerful baddies that duke it out for the universe. Agenda could have been served, the center becomes light and dark again at the center, and things move on.

Of course I know this opinion will get me instantly labeled a racist or anti-female type because if it but honestly.. who cares what most of ya think.

Plot twist, Finn, because he seemed like he was going to be an interesting character, but both directors reduced him to the guy whos constantly screaming, "Rey!!!!!!!!!!!!!" or "Where's Rey? Where's Rey?"...which became far more annoying than super bombad.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I really liked Rey.

Jar Jar was just annoying.
    Same. Well, I mean, I'm not a fan of Jey's character although the reveal in Rise of Skywalker somewhat made things better even if The last Jedi still sucks as a standalone movie, but this level of criticism is not justified. Jar Jar as a character was conceived solely for comic relief, but a bad one at that and is a walking, talking offensive stereotype with horrible voice acting to boot. Rey was a badly developed protagonist in a series of sub-par movies that may or may not be horrible depending on who you ask (like the pequels.) If anything, she deserves the same level of criticism Hayden's Anakin Skywalker got. The quality of their story arcs mirror each other. The only difference was Revenge of the Sith was amazing, while Rise of Skywalker sucked other than the somewhat cool twist she's a Palpatine. The answer is clear to me. I can't think of a single character more annoying than Jar-Jar Binks in Star Wars, or any other fantasy/sci-fi franchise to be honest. He set that bar high.
    Last edited by Kyphael; 2021-04-05 at 12:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phayde View Post
    Plot twist, Finn, because he seemed like he was going to be an interesting character, but both directors reduced him to the guy whos constantly screaming, "Rey!!!!!!!!!!!!!" or "Where's Rey? Where's Rey?"...which became far more annoying than super bombad.
    Both Finn and Poe were male versions of "weak female characters" in a blatant attempt to pander by directors and writers who never actually realized that there were no "weak female characters" in the Star Wars milieu to flip the script on.

Episodes 7-9 were an unmitigated disaster that could have been saved by replacing them with Jar-Jar slipping and falling for 6 hours on loop.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I mean no contest. people might not like Rey as a character but Jar-Jar is on another level. such an annoying character

Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    How you manage to turn my dislike of several of the movies characters into a race issue, says more about whether you're a racist than it says about me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

I never really had an issue with Jar Jar Binks. As a child I saw him as just a goofball (which a lot of movies had at the time) who's purpose is to give some more funny and lighthearthed scenes. He was basically meant to be the Goofy of Star Wars. It kinda made sense for him to be in the movie aswell considering that the Gungans had to be convinced to participate in a war. At least he doesn't appear much in episode 2 and 3.

Rey is just uninteresting (not that the rest of the cast is any better) and gets all kinds of powers handed to her without any training or even struggle. I haven't even seen Rise of Skywalker yet but I got so bored with TFA and TLJ that I just can't be bothered, even when I had Disney+ for free I just skipped it and bingewatched the Mandalorian instead. But if any character from the sequels is comparable to Jar Jar its probably Rose who is easily my least disliked character. Thats not to say that I approve of all the hate messages she has gotten over the years, still such an awful thing to do for any actor who had nothing to do with their characters portrayal.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Rey.

Jar-Jar was a trash Character, but was at least a sideline character that didn't ruin important scenes. Rey was trash but in the limelight.