View Poll Results: Who is more annoying?

Voters
116. This poll is closed
  • Rey Palpatine

40 34.48%
  • Jar-Jar Binks

41 35.34%
  • Kathleen Kennedy/Both

29 25.00%
  • None of them!!

6 5.17%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Well, there’s a reason for that... which you find out in the 3rd movie.
    In a scene that literally obviates the entire Anakin-Luke saga and makes Darth Vader's sacrifice moot.

I've been bothered by a lot of things happening to and around Rey, but I don't think I really ever attached that to the character itself. While for Jar Jar it's absolutely its behavior and personality that are problematic. So I'd definitely say Jar Jar.
    In other words, copypasting Rey in another setting would not bring problems in my opinion. If you copypaste Jar Jar, no matter what you do or which setting/movie the character lands into, it's crap.

How so? Palp was cloning himself to get another vessel, and one of those clones fell in love and had a kid (Rey). So Rey is kinda just like another clone of Palp.
    The first 6 movies were about a kid whose destiny was predetermined to "bring balance to the force"; and the weight of that destiny and his own trauma drove him into the arms of the dark side.

In so doing he half-fulfilled the prophecy by killing the Jedi and at the very end, when given a choice between the duty he felt he owed his master and the love he felt for Luke via the love he'd long suppressed for Padme, he chose his emotions (again) and completed the prophecy by ending the line of Sith lords, including his own death.

The fan-fic level comics that popped up after the original movies involving Palpatine clones and super-mega-we-mean-it-this-time Star Destroyers was also crappy, but at least you could ignore it and live in Lucas-created movies.

kathleen kennedy is the worst one

In real life: Rey because of horrible writing and destruction of Star Wars.

In universe: Jar Jar....because WTF.

I never saw episode IX, so in my headcanon, Rey was set up to take a serious fall to the Dark Side in The Last Jedi, in which case she'd be a far more interesting character.

Jar Jar was awful, and his whole race of aliens was a bad trope with gross undertones. He is an unredeemable character. For those who argue he was a sideline character - he was clearly going to be a major character. Hell, he became SENATOR FROM NABOO, and became the one who officially moved to grant the Chancellor emergency powers, IE make him the Emperor. He was just sidelined because of the extreme backlash of how dumb his character was.

The story just wasn’t written we around Rey.
    Personally I didn’t take issue with her character - just what they did (or, more precisely, didn’t do with her).
    Jar-Jar was horrible to have on screen and contributed nothing to...well anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rey hands down. Jar Jar Binks was written as a comedic sidekick character with that role limited to a single film where he doesn't appear that much in the first place and was largely absent from screen time for the rest of the trilogy he was in. His comedy wasn't palatable when it was forced but the unintentional humour sparked by the "Jar Jar was the key to all of this" meme due to his senate scene in the third film makes up for the "Hee hee stinky" and "I'm clumsy" jokes and gags from the first film.

While Rey is a main character who hoards a majority of screen time for her whole trilogy and is a headache inducing character to watch. She is asspull incarnate and just blunders through her whole trilogy.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

7+ Year Old Account
    Jar Jar was the most annoying. But he was a side character
    Rey was a terrible terrible protagonist and coupled with the boring recycled storyline made me wish I could still complain about "bad comic relief character"
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

...neither of them?

I mostly find random online Starwars "fans" anoying.

Well I liked Jar-Jar, so it must be Rey. She wasn't really that annoying, except for the whole overly forced 'I am a strong woman and don't need a man' bit. It was mostly just poor acting. Her face... does not give a feeling of confidence, strength, bravery, courage, etc. that they wanted. She just looked constipated when she was trying to be serious. The furrowed brow look doesn't work when you have no brow because you go to the salon.

Unsure what Kathleen Kennedy has to do with two characters in the movies.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azadina View Post
    How you manage to turn my dislike of several of the movies characters into a race issue, says more about whether you're a racist than it says about me.
    I'm sorry, but did you not intend on making it a race issue by bringing up the Stormtrooper's race?

Or maybe it became a race issue when you referred to a "Chinese knockoff"?

Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    I'm sorry, but did you not intend on making it a race issue by bringing up the Stormtrooper's race?

The entire thread was meant to be a shitpost, the minute the OP put Kathleen Kennedy as an option. Dogwhistle to the alt-right 'Fandom Menace'.

Because Stormtrooper would be too generic and Finn is black. Got a problem with that? And chinese knock off is not derogatory to a country (and certainly not a race) but to the chinese product quality of 20 years ago. Like "Made in Germany", which does not say anything about the Germans but of their exported goods.

jar jar is a cool rasta alien, rey is kinda adorable but maybe too lucky

finn is the most annoying, imo
    Shadowlands is real world
    The Maw is China
    The Jailer is China government
    Sylvanas is Blizz

As much as I hate TLJ I don't really dislike either character. Jar Jar was there for the kids in episode I and Rey started out as a decent character. The problem with the sequel trilogy is they had no idea what the plan was and every movie after the first had to write out what the previous movie built.

I was about to handhold you through it, but since someone already kindly explains both points to you, credit where credit is due, refer to the following post:

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Because Stormtrooper would be too generic and Finn is black. Got a problem with that? And chinese knock off is not derogatory to a country (and certainly not a race) but to the chinese product quality of 20 years ago. Like "Made in Germany", which does not say anything about the Germans but of their exported goods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Well, there’s a reason for that... which you find out in the 3rd movie.
    Well, more likely the reason was made up in order to tie up the various issues that appeared in the 1st and 2nd.
    /spit@Blizzard