Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Yeah, I think house arrest, community service, mandatory counseling sessions for a certain number of years...

I want them to receive help, not lock them up.
    So if it was your daughter that was victim in the slenderman case where she was locked up in the trunk of a car and stabbed to death multiple times. Which btw took them hours to successfully kill because they were amateurs and couldnt do it. So they tried strangling her, putting a bag over her head. More stabbing. Still she lay in the trunk of the car whimpering for her mother as they drove around and didnt pass away to her wounds till hours later. In this case they were both 12, bit of counseling should fix it yea?

All over jealousy of a boy at school and feeling rejected so they wanted to "bully her"

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    So if it was your daughter that was victim in the slenderman case where she was locked up in the trunk of a car and stabbed to death multiple times.
    Completely different crime, not sure what it has to do with this crime or why you're bringing up this comparison. Context matters in crimes, especially when children are involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Completely different crime, not sure what it has to do with this crime or why you're bringing up this comparison. Context matters in crimes, especially when children are involved.
    Yeah you're right, tasering someone to death is completely normal. Not similar to stabbing someone to death at all.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah you're right, tasering someone to death is completely normal. Not similar to stabbing someone to death at all.
    strawman much?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...plea-deal.html
    I wrote murders instead of murderers, my apologies.

I wonder what would have happened if these 2 teenagers were not black and female in Washington DC? I doubt male white teenagers get a sweet heart deal to not go to jail for murdering a minority immigrant. This is disgusting, that man lost his life because they wanted to steal his car in broad daylight while he was right there. And they get plea bargains. I am sure this will bring in a crowd of people whining about the poster and not the subject, it always does...because the way you hide actual reporting is to attack the messenger, not the message. The message here is a man lost his life and nothing sufficient is going to happen to his assailants.
    Probably has more to do with proving homicide.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    Probably has more to do with proving homicide.
    No, it's more children are very rarely held past the age of 18/21 for crimes they commit as children. This isn't a special case, This is what happens in most cases.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    I wonder what would have happened if these 2 teenagers were not black and female in Washington DC?
    They probably would have gotten off even lighter. They'd get the "don't ruin their future because of one tragic mistake" plea deal.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    No, it's more children are very rarely held past the age of 18/21 for crimes they commit as children. This isn't a special case, This is what happens in most cases.
    Unless the extreme cases where they are charged as adults if they can prove 1st degree?

Unless the extreme cases where they are charged as adults if they can prove 1st degree?
    Well, it says in the article that DC law prevents the 13 year old from being charged as an adult.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Was that the cause of death? Was this premeditated? The article didn't go into too much detail and makes it seem a lot more like a carjacking gone horribly wrong. Which is no excuse for the behavior, but kinda wildly different from girls who planned and carried out an elaborate murder attempt.

I mean, it helps to read and get some context before being morally and righteously outraged about something.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean I haven't gone through all cases myself but I would guess it would have more to do with circumstances than charge. Example being the slenderman case where they basically tortured the victim while trying to murder her.

Again don't hold me to this as I could be wrong here too. I just know that it is rare for a minor to be held past 18/21 for a crime committed in youth (yes even murder)

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Same thing that happens to most children that commit murders.
    The one that sprang to mind for me was the Jonesboro school shooters, 11 and 13, in 1998. One died in a car accident a couple years ago without further legal trouble apparently, the other had some weed/gun/creditcard theft charges and is out again.

In general, I wouldn't place very good odds on the system reforming folks, but that should be the intent at least. Hard to see someone being in jail from 13 to 21 years of age, then getting out and getting a good job and life, but I guess it depends on their family and support system.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

So if it was your daughter that was victim in the slenderman case where she was locked up in the trunk of a car and stabbed to death multiple times. Which btw took them hours to successfully kill because they were amateurs and couldnt do it. So they tried strangling her, putting a bag over her head. More stabbing. Still she lay in the trunk of the car whimpering for her mother as they drove around and didnt pass away to her wounds till hours later. In this case they were both 12, bit of counseling should fix it yea?

All over jealousy of a boy at school and feeling rejected so they wanted to "bully her"

The victim lived.
    Might not be a good idea to base your argument on a complete fabrication.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Was that the cause of death? Was this premeditated? The article didn't go into too much detail and makes it seem a lot more like a carjacking gone horribly wrong. Which is no excuse for the behavior, but kinda wildly different from girls who planned and carried out an elaborate murder attempt.

I mean, it helps to read and get some context before being morally and righteously outraged about something.
    They stole the car, using a taser on him in the process, and when he tried to get the car back they sped off with him hanging from the back door. Car crashed & flipped, he died. Main part of "they really don't care/ know what they did" is that as they're leaving the car crash and corpse, one girl is worried she left her phone behind.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Well, it says in the article that DC law prevents the 13 year old from being charged as an adult.
    Oh there it is then. Case closed. I'll read the article next time lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    OP is mad kids get 8 years? At 13, 8 years a very long time. They are also young enough for even a retribution based system to recognize they are young enough to be helped.

Meanwhile a drunk police walked into man's home and killed him, receiving almost the same sentence.

So if you are looking for a lopsided justice system there you go.

These young black kids got the same sentence as a grown white woman who was a sworn officer of the law.
    Last edited by PACOX; 2021-04-06 at 01:04 AM.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I mean, I honestly feel it’s too much cause they’re still developing mentally... and they’re still just children. They need help, and I don’t feel they’ll get that in Juvie (?).

I don’t want them to have no punishment. I just don’t know what would actually be “fair”, imo.
    Lol. Sorry, but I knew at 13 tazing a guy and stealing a car and killing him in the process was wrong. As the op pointed out none of you would feel the least bit nad if it were white males, and if they were Trump supporters you would actively cheer.

This seems to have white supremacists outraged.

In the end, charging them as adults would have been damn difficult, and the circumstances didn't show premeditation for actual murder.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    Lol. Sorry, but I knew at 13 tazing a guy and stealing a car and killing him in the process was wrong. As the op pointed out none of you would feel the least bit nad if it were white males, and if they were Trump supporters you would actively cheer.
    Literally no one is arguing they didn't know it was wrong.

I know it's easier to hit a straw man rather than the actual argument, but it isn't honest. Just kind of demonstrates you don't have an actual counter to the actual situation.

You had good intentions OP, but you forgot there are few things MMOC hates more than Muslims with "them thar funny soundin TURRIST NAMES!"

the likes of themius and cubby were out dancing (waddling) in the street when he died