Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Question Zygor or Questie for Classic?

Hey guys! I'm actually curious about which addon between Zygor and Questie is better for Classic? As in, I'm currently using Zygor, but it seems to lack a few things, like every now and then it just recommends "just kill some mobs around here until you get to level X", which is pretty annoying as you get higher in level, or asks you to get a quest from a NPC that literally doesn't have that quest (apparently never, not even 1 level later than Zygor recommends it).

Now, I know Zygor is not very popular as opposed to Questie (talking about Classic at least), but in case someone used or tried both, which one do you think I should continue with? Or if someone used Questie for quite, do you run into the same issues I mentioned above? Thanks!

I've never used questie, but seems popular. I've been using Azeroth auto pilot and works fine for me.
    If curiosity killed the cat, why can't speculation kill you?

10+ Year Old Account
    I just use ClassicCodex. Its way better than Questie to me. Shows all the dots on the mini map for exact spawns etc

10+ Year Old Account
    Neither. Go barebones with no addons for the true Classic experience. If you need help finding something just use alt tab to wowhead. That's what I've been doing and it's been fun thus far.

Zygor, like AllyRoute, is only centered on one single path once the initial starting zone is done.
    That might hinder your experience. For instance, if you seek to do a specific race quests for reputation.

Quote Originally Posted by DaHomieG View Post
    Neither. Go barebones with no addons for the true Classic experience. If you need help finding something just use alt tab to wowhead. That's what I've been doing and it's been fun thus far.
    False, there was questing guides and markers in real vanilla. joanas was one that comes to mind.

I’ve had good success with a standard guide and Questie. I see a lot of folks using Zygor - it seems solid but I’m just not inclined to add another $10/mo. The UI looks great, though.

Quote Originally Posted by DaHomieG View Post
    If barebone with no addons is the true classic experience for you, like.. Sorry, but you played the game wrong in vanilla and TBC :P Addons was a huge part and the addon community was amazing. I dont know anyone who didnt play with addons.

Quote Originally Posted by Askyl View Post
    If barebone with no addons is the true classic experience for you, like.. Sorry, but you played the game wrong in vanilla and TBC :P Addons was a huge part and the addon community was amazing. I dont know anyone who didnt play with addons.
    I lvl'd 1-60 in vanilla without any addon whatsoever. I used Thottbot for information about quests when needed. I dont recall using any addons in raids either when I finally reached 60, but I might be wrong. But I cannot forget the feeling of leveling in vanilla without any addon help and just Thottbot for support, a decent site but often enough so frustrating to use for many reasons.

I even remember it was a pain to tab out of the game, check thottbot, tab in again to remember quest name, tab in/out as you moved to the place thottbot told you and so on. On a shit PC from the stoneage.

If by "without add-ons" you means absolutely none, then I don't know a lot either - I certainly can't play without WeakAura and I need some sort of damage meter to motivate me

But the subject here is about questing add-ons, and that's definitely not rare to have people who like to play without being handheld for every little thing.
    I never used any sort of leveling add-ons (heck, I never used any sort of DBM either).

questie is great i love it.

zygor is more of a guide afaik?

if you dont want to guide your own path then use zygor i guess, though i do not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Zygor is "better", but it also costs money beyond lvl 20, so that's a big con.

Questie is more lightweight, but works just fine and is free.

Quote Originally Posted by samljer View Post
    False, there was questing guides and markers in real vanilla. joanas was one that comes to mind.
    Why did you necro a thread from2019?

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

10+ Year Old Account
    It depends what you want imo. Questie is always nice to have since it just shows where to go on the map and has additional options like an enhanced questlog etc. Zygor and Azeroth Autopilot on the other hand guide you through every step and you always have this navigation arrow on your screen where to go next. I don't like this way of gaming experience. However if you just want to level fast you may just use it, especially because even as a veteran player you will learn a lot when it comes to optimize routes. When you reach level 35 and beyond there are a lot of dots in the game you may connect when you quest in 2-3 different areas. However if you commit to Zygor or Azeroth Pilot then always follow the path it provides and don't do stuff like 1-2 lvl dungeon boosting etc, otherwise it's just not as effective.

Who the fuck is paying for quest addons?

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    I lvl'd 1-60 in vanilla without any addon whatsoever. I used Thottbot for information about quests when needed. I dont recall using any addons in raids either when I finally reached 60, but I might be wrong. But I cannot forget the feeling of leveling in vanilla without any addon help and just Thottbot for support, a decent site but often enough so frustrating to use for many reasons.

I even remember it was a pain to tab out of the game, check thottbot, tab in again to remember quest name, tab in/out as you moved to the place thottbot told you and so on. On a shit PC from the stoneage.
    Your experience is not the benchmark for classic experience. ALOT of people used addons back in vanilla.

I played without addons until level 40 in vanilla, then I tried to get a coordinates addon and installed a huge pack instead ... which made WoW load in 2 minutes, so I deleted them.

First time I heard about a questing addon was in Wrath .. so I did both vanilla and tbc without a questing addon.

Now that I look back, I remember most quests I did in vanilla, tbc and wrath for the most part. Cataclysm and onward, I just followed pins on the map, 80% of the time I have no idea what was going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite92 View Post
    Your experience is not the benchmark for classic experience. ALOT of people used addons back in vanilla.
    I didnt say it was, was just telling how I played it. Even to this day I dont use alot of addons. I use the ones I need for groups(raids/dungeons) and a very few selected others. Im even using the base UI. Always have, always will.

Just because there are addons for the game, doesnt mean everyone uses them. Or even know about them. When I started playing wow back in vanilla I didnt know anything about addons and that lasted a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    If by "without add-ons" you means absolutely none, then I don't know a lot either - I certainly can't play without WeakAura and I need some sort of damage meter to motivate me

But the subject here is about questing add-ons, and that's definitely not rare to have people who like to play without being handheld for every little thing.
    I never used any sort of leveling add-ons (heck, I never used any sort of DBM either).
    Well, I must say I might be a bit biased since I've been a computer nerd since I could walk. I literally took my first steps in my fathers footsteps So addons was a natural thing for me and I used loads very early on. Ofc not the first few weeks, but it didnt take long until there were some decent questing addons, addons that removed map FoW etc to help out.

And the arrow to where you should go on a quest was a pretty normal addon. Like a 3D arrow in the middle of the screen pointing to what direction you should go.

i thought it was against the tos to charge people for addons?