Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by DKjaigen View Post
    If you have facts you should be able to prove it.
    Considering the rise in cases of Asian Hate since Covid, and Trump saying Kung Flu and China virus, and Trump's supporters are the main culprits of hate crimes, it is a safe bet.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Considering the rise in cases of Asian Hate since Covid, and Trump saying Kung Flu and China virus, and Trump's supporters are the main culprits of hate crimes, it is a safe bet.
    Rise? perhaps. But racism from the black community to the asian community is nothing new and predates Trump by decades. It is only you are starting to pay attention to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Samuraijake View Post
    Only thing i can think of is people thinking China was the reason/origin of covid-19.

Not sure why all these recent stories of people attacking asian people (specifically the elderly) in America started happening and being shown on the news

is there some other motive/origin besides people just randomly blaming asian-americans? I dont understand
    Nothing to understand. Empathy is gone with the wind. Racism etc are all on a rise. Its not just ( insert race or sexuality etc). You can see a whole shift towards being hatefull to each other. Think the asian community is just its latest victim. Many countries are walking back on women, lgbtq rights etc etc.

what causes it? desperate move to control what they think they are loosing? being force fed lies by media, facebook etc and acting on it? depression/mental issue's? all of the above? hard ot tell

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    No. White supremacy is still the root cause of all of it, that has created divides between communities of color.
    Imagine believing this nonsense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
    Imagine believing this nonsense.
    What ever you say, anti-anti-fascist... you know how logic works and that there already is a flag for that? lol

Edit: A dude from Wales with a anti-anti-fascist flag... You haven’t talked to your grandparents in a while? I’m sure Antifa has done as much damage to Wales, as fascist.

This is Wales:

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DKjaigen View Post
    Rise? perhaps. But racism from the black community to the asian community is nothing new and predates Trump by decades. It is only you are starting to pay attention to it.
    Uhm... why are black people the only problem for Asians? What was the inferiority of Asians that is being exposed? Are they composing that Asian culture is the end of western civilization? Is saying black lives mater an affront so dire, ya’ll kill a cop with a blue lives mater flag? I don’t think you know what racism means...
    Last edited by Felya; 2021-04-06 at 02:06 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Yeah, total sarcasm that is also still an ingrained GOP talking point. You know what happened after the first pandemic? US got the pandemic response team and had millions more since, with health insurance, through ACA. What did Trump do? Dismantled the pandemic response team and made kicking millions off health insurance, literally one of his successes. Obama didn’t call it the China virus... Obama never called Ebola, the Africa virus, despite it being played as the end of the US by Trump and GOP in 2010.

It’s abundantly clear, the only reason Trump used China Virus, was because the catastrophic numbers he was denying in US, was making it the Trump Virus. It was a marketing choice, to avoid having Trump Corporation, be associated with a virus. Basically, Trump reacted to the virus, as if the demands of scientist and other members of government, were scams like the one he pulled with Ebola.

It’s transparently obvious that Trump did it, because a wall down a Mexican border with Trump brand associated with it, is far better advertising than a virus with Trump’s name. You can see the jokes coming... ‘What vaccines do I need to rent the presidential suite?’...

Just like everyone, outside Trump sycophants, told him what covid would do, those who told him his rhetoric would bolster racist crimes like these, were right. Instead of admitting fault in a president, the remaining seem to think the issue is people falling for Trump trolling... not the trolling that leads to this... Maybe the whole problem here, is that a president being a greedy prick, is being justified as trolling. Maybe, Trump’s trolling is contributing to the problem, instead of being a solution.

This is the part that will sting, consider this a content warning. If Trump did what Democrats were asking him to do, there would be thousands of Americans still alive... and more importantly for Trump supporters... Trump would still be president. Imagine a world where Trump mandates masks being sent to every American. Imagine if he forced corporations to make ventilators, like Biden has done with vaccines. Imagine if he shut down travel from all countries weeks sooner than his limited China ban, then started extensive tracing and targeted shut downs, based on tracing. Imagine every tweet telling people to “LIBERATE” and blame China, was instead a tweet to encourage masks. In that imagination land... Trump is still president... the violence being discussed here is reduced and thousands of Americans are still alive... Trump is still president... sorry... trolling can only take a president so far...

- - - Updated - - -

Because it would mean everyone, other than Trump, was right. He didn’t do it because it would lead to violence, but because he didn’t care. The point was saving his own ass and he can’t fathom that it might involve saving the asses of his constituents. It’s why he was always a horrible choice... people just mistook an out of touch NYC oligarch billionaire, as a troll... somehow justifying his actions.

The fucker had to reissue his EU travel ban, because the original excluded every country where Trump owned hotels or golf courses. If he thought he could get away with something that transparent. Him giving a shit about warnings that this violence was the result of his rhetoric, wasn’t going to stop him from protecting his brand, by calling it China Virus... as a I said... a Trump Virus, is not a good name to rent hotel rooms or golf courses.
    German measles, Hong Kong flu, Lyme disease, Legionnaires disease, Marburg virus, West Nile virus, Zika. Even Ebola you mentioned as not being referred to by location of origin is in fact named after the Ebola river region where it was first discovered. And I could add tons more to the list. You can hardly blame Trump for following a similar convention that even the major news outlets at the time were using. The WHO didn’t even change guidelines on the naming conventions for novel diseases till 2015.

No, I just think you’re making a poorly reasoned polemic because you don’t like Trump. My family are Chinese but I’d don’t feel called out because we think the virus originated in Wuhan. I’d go so far as to say that the idea that this is beyond the pale is a little bit racist considering the other examples I mentioned don’t trigger this kind of response. That the ‘outrage’ over it still continues just makes me sad at the apparent lack of thought so many people give to their opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    What ever you say, anti-anti-fascist... you know how logic works and that there already is a flag for that? lol

Edit: A dude from Wales with a anti-anti-fascist flag... You haven’t talked to your grandparents in a while? I’m sure Antifa has done as much damage to Wales, as fascist.

This is Wales:

- - - Updated - - -

Uhm... why are black people the only problem for Asians? What was the inferiority of Asians that is being exposed? Are they composing that Asian culture is the end of western civilization? Is saying black lives mater an affront so dire, ya’ll kill a cop with a blue lives mater flag? I don’t think you know what racism means...
    your sentences are not coherent. try again and this time calmly so i can understand the point you are making

15+ Year Old Account
    Poor education over several decades, the previous generation spoon feeding the new generation with bad ideas due to their own bad education.

Its easier to blame somebody else than accept that themselves are to blame.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

5+ Year Old Account
    Considering how discussion continues to play out this is closed.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."