Poll: Would you like to see increased raid difficulty?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azadina View Post
    Step 1; Laugh at classic being lfr easy
    Step 2; Do everything humanly possible to further trivialize said content (minmax buff galore, class stacking, etc), no matter how sweaty nerd process it is
    Step 3; Rage how easy and boring the content is and how it's a disaster
    = gg

I swear some peoples logic circuits are not functioning.
    I feel like you wanted to make fun of while i totally agree with you. Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Atherions View Post
    If they buff the raids they also have to rebalance classes so you are not forced to bring FOTM classes to clear the raid. If you want harder raids start by nerfing top performing specs
    If indeed harder raids is a good idea, this would be the better way to go about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Just give us the unnerfed version

15+ Year Old Account
    People dont play Classic for the difficulty or to prove how good they are when doing harder content.

Pre-Nerf will still feel like post-nerf for 99% of the content due how how much better players have become.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Classic raiding was a joke for 2 reasons:

- The bosses had next to no mechanics
    - People played classic a fuck-ton on private servers to the point where everything was already found out.

The world buff meta, min/maxing and other things came from people playing Vanilla private servers the past 15 years
    Of course this will happen on the TBC server as well, but it will be to a lesser extend. Also, the later bosses actually have a couple fun mechanics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seminas View Post
    The world buff meta, min/maxing and other things came from people playing Vanilla private servers the past 15 years
    Not sure how private servers play a role in that, I mean it is not exactly rocket science to find out that world buffs are insanely strong in raid environments.

the best option (to avoid classic 1.12 issues) is just to release all classes at 2.0 instead of 2.4.

Even "pre nerf" will be a trivial for decent guilds, people are clearing the content on endless with nearly double the HP values

Quote Originally Posted by keelr View Post
    Do you think we need the increased difficulty for raid bosses? Classic raiding felt like a disaster for a lot because it was boring with the #nochanges campaign. Would you be okay with tuned up bosses for tbc classic or do you think prenerf will be enough challange?

Most private servers offered harder bosses which were a huge success.
    Remove the world buffs first. Only after that can we see to adjust anything.

7+ Year Old Account
    Oh yes. Lets do Raid mythic+ xD LOL

15+ Year Old Account
    let me see first how difficult it is It was pretty easy up until Sunwell with the exception of T5 endbosses.

3+ Year Old Account
    Hell no. If you want to tryhard and have very difficult raid mode (mythic), go to Retail.

7+ Year Old Account
    Classic is about experiencing what was, not what could have been or what should be today.

Sure, TBC could be awesome if it was harder and designed for the knowledge the playerbase have today, but then its not Classic, its TBC+. Might be a thing, they could do in the future, but not now.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Why would we need to make it harder?

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    Classic is about experiencing what was, not what could have been or what should be today.

Sure, TBC could be awesome if it was harder and designed for the knowledge the playerbase have today, but then its not Classic, its TBC+. Might be a thing, they could do in the future, but not now.
    You are already experiencing a different tbc. And I know plenty of people that want to increase the difficulty to make raids last longer. I don’t want to steamroll content in a night. #somechanges is there because people want a better version, not because we all got nostalgic goggles on.

Since raiding is dumb and boring and one of the main reasons we ended up with retail the way it is... I'd rather they focus on world content (if they were doing anything different for Classic games).

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by littlefoote View Post
    You are already experiencing a different tbc. And I know plenty of people that want to increase the difficulty to make raids last longer. I don’t want to steamroll content in a night. #somechanges is there because people want a better version, not because we all got nostalgic goggles on.
    The experience is different, but it is primarily be because we are different, the players, not the game.

I get the argument, that raids will not last long, but then, that is the point. That is how TBC raids were. I think changing the raids, will steal us of an experience, where we can feel how we ourselves have changed over time.

If #somechanges get implemented too hard, you are not really going to get a TBC experience, you are gonna get closer to something that is just a modified private server.

I will again cement, that the entire base idea behind the "Classic" project, is to allow players new and old, to play WoW as it was in a previous expansion/state, with the 2007 game design mindset, that followed with it. Changes are allowed, that either makes the game more acessable to newer machines or stops players from ruining their own player experience, as with the current remodeling of drums. Going further would really just be ruining somewhat the entire point of Classic.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see the point behind it. It's not like making paladin seals cross-faction in the hope of addressing heavy disparity that would only get even worse if Seal of Blood remained Horde-only, since the core behavior of the class is still the same. Nost cores were overtuned on purpose because private server players were looking for a challenge, but large-scale difficulty increases like that should be reserved for optional second-wave runs.

The original Classic releases should be released under the philosophy of minimal changes as concessions to necessity (which, so far, they've done a decent enough job adhering to) in order to preserve these experiences--I've said before, and Blizzard said back when they were working on the initial release, part of the reason Classic needs to exist is because, for better or worse, WoW had a massive influence on gaming as a whole and pop culture when it first released, and remained a juggernaut until relatively recently (and even then, it's still one of the top dogs in the MMO genre and certainly top dog in the pay-to-play section). As historical preservation goes, games have lagged badly behind other forms of artwork, especially games like WoW that can have a night-and-day difference over time from their initial launch that put them on the map and the modern iterations.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

No.
    Personally I've never felt that raiding should be some ultimate test of skill. I mainly raid for the social aspect, when I want to test my skill I do it in pvp/arena. With that said raids shouldn't be easy to the point of boredom like MC, BWL, and to some extent AQ. Naxxramas strikes the balance beautifully in my opinion. For most guild it took a couple of weeks to clear the place, so you got some challenge and sense of progression out of it that you didn't really get in the earlier raids. I suspect unaltered TBC raids will be slightly harder than naxx but still be in the same sweetspot where it's fairly easy but most guilds will get a few weeks of progression out of them which will make them feel interesting and rewarding.

The speedrun meta that has developed in classic is also super interesting and good for the game. It creates an avenue for top guilds to distinguish themselves from the rest in a way that doesn't require super hard mythic bosses and different raid difficulties like on retail.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    What a weird post. And you talk about logic circuits not functioning?
    His post makes sense to me, what part do you not agree with lol.