Quote Originally Posted by Azadina View Post
    Trying to zoom in on a phone and can't tell for sure, but is that yet again an empty stack of papers on his newspaper?

Looks like this Coke bottle, but I dunno, thought he drinks Diet Coke, so he can have 4 cheeseburgers instead of 1.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post

Looks like this Coke bottle, but I dunno, thought he drinks Diet Coke, so he can have 4 cheeseburgers instead of 1.
    I mean I'm browsing on a phone on lunch break, trying to zoom in at the paperstack on his newspaper to see if it's just empty papers yet again, or if they're actually something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Coke Zero also have a red label.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azadina View Post
    Trying to zoom in on a phone and can't tell for sure, but is that yet again an empty stack of papers on his newspaper?
    I did zoom in. There's something on them, but I couldn't make out any detail at all. It looked like a solid line of text repeated 100 times, like a printed-out spreadsheet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I did zoom in. There's something on them, but I couldn't make out any detail at all. It looked like a solid line of text repeated 100 times, like a printed-out spreadsheet.
    It’s a guest list... two columns of names...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm vibing of one of the passages from Mary Trump's book. Where an aged Fred Trump Sr was so insane, and out of it. They built a fake office for him.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...ton-hatch-act/

Former HUD employee fined $1K and banned from government work for four years for using her office to create GOP political material.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    And many of their constituents will cheer them for it.
    One of the greatest injustices done to Hillary was the uproar over her deplorables comment when, frankly, the last 5 years have really shown that to be an understatement if anything.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    I'm vibing of one of the passages from Mary Trump's book. Where an aged Fred Trump Sr was so insane, and out of it. They built a fake office for him.

Including buying a replica of the Resolute Desk for his Diet Coke Button.

You too can get one here and be a pretend president!

Surely a guy with a long reputation for not paying what he owes, bankrupting companies, and putting his names on scams would never scam me!
    How is he going to fund the re-election with so many burnt bridges?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    Selling coal...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    Short memories and a cultish devotion.

I mean, just compare the "Biden crowd" to the "Trump crowd" a few months into the presidency.

I haven't seen any Prius's with giant Biden flags driving around. Don't see any Biden signs blanketing yards months after the election. The pro-Trump protesters are still on the same overpass they've been on for years, they haven't been replaced by Biden folks. Peoples social media accounts are filled with "BUILD BACK BETTER!" and other Biden slogans like Trump supporters were.

Because being a Trump fan was an identity. Being a Biden supporter isn't. Trump has his gullible base of rubes who will be happy to open back up their pocketbooks to throw more money at him while complaining that they lost their coal job and can't put food on the table because Demonrats.

Short memories and a cultish devotion.

I mean, just compare the "Biden crowd" to the "Trump crowd" a few months into the presidency.

I haven't seen any Prius's with giant Biden flags driving around. Don't see any Biden signs blanketing yards months after the election. The pro-Trump protesters are still on the same overpass they've been on for years, they haven't been replaced by Biden folks. Peoples social media accounts are filled with "BUILD BACK BETTER!" and other Biden slogans like Trump supporters were.

Because being a Trump fan was an identity. Being a Biden supporter isn't. Trump has his gullible base of rubes who will be happy to open back up their pocketbooks to throw more money at him while complaining that they lost their coal job and can't put food on the table because Demonrats.
    LOL, april 6th still have one dude who's house is littered with trump signs and huge one up on his siding.
    its not even 2020 anymore its downright douchey

Besides his foreign cars and giganto flag that was probably made in china he's a reaaaaaaaaaaaaal murican
    oh and he has a company van, that from what i can tell the majority stock holders are European.

poor guy next door is trying to sell his house too.

Not a single Biden anything in the whole town and I've been in most of it the last few months.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    It's almost like one side treats it like sports and the other treats it like politics.
    I want to meet this guy soooo much.
    i might have to creep on him and follow him to work....i can hardly resist....

oh boy his middle name is clovis....
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Monday's quick report:

56,742 new cases, 500 deaths, bringing the total to 569,282. Those are most likely underreported due to the holiday weekend. Tuesday's numbers are likely to be a bit under as well, but we'll see late tonight/tomorrow.

Related news:

Fauci tamps down fears of another coronavirus wave--I'm not the expert. He is. But I'm slightly less optimistic about there not being a fourth wave, mainly because I apparently have far less faith in humanity than he does. We'll see. I hope he's right.

Stay safe, folks.

Y'all I seriously can't even with McConnell and Republicans telling corporations not to "speak about politics".

Seriously, did they all forget Citizen's United? Are they gonna like, legislatively overturn that? Are they gonna raise taxes on the businesses? I mean, what's the next move? Or is the final move just whinging about it pathetically?

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.salon.com/2021/04/06/im-...porate-threat/

And McConnell is cleaning up his language.

He still wants their political speech in the form of financial contributions, just not them like...actually doing anything beyond that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Y'all I seriously can't even with McConnell and Republicans telling corporations not to "speak about politics".

Seriously, did they all forget Citizen's United? Are they gonna like, legislatively overturn that? Are they gonna raise taxes on the businesses? I mean, what's the next move? Or is the final move just whinging about it pathetically?

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.salon.com/2021/04/06/im-...porate-threat/

And McConnell is cleaning up his language.

He still wants their political speech in the form of financial contributions, just not them like...actually doing anything beyond that.
    Well, at least he is consistent in that money = speech, not actual words = speech.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    I seriously can't even with McConnell and Republicans telling corporations not to "speak about politics".
    Yep, straight-up hypocrisy. It's okay for them to donate their money, but not for them to actually act directly.

Republicans: VACCINE PASSPORTS ARE DYSTOPIAN AND AUTHORITARIAN, PEOPLE HAVE RIGHTS!

Also Republicans: Please bring your vaccine passport to our annual donor retreat in Florida or have a negative covid test.

This sounds a lot like CPAC and NRA conventions banning personal firearms on the premises.

10+ Year Old Account
    Republicans: VACCINE PASSPORTS ARE DYSTOPIAN AND AUTHORITARIAN, PEOPLE HAVE RIGHTS!
    Will a vaccine passport be a valid form of ID to vote?