The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    I didn't feel Darnold was trash.. mostly because of the Jets and their reputation for USC QBs. I'll give it a few years in Carolina before I make a decision on what I think of Darnold.
    I mean he has one thing going for him.

As soon as Tannehill left Miami he unseated Marcus Mariota and took the Titans to the playoffs.

Now he's left Adam Gase, too.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I mean he has one thing going for him.

As soon as Tannehill left Miami he unseated Marcus Mariota and took the Titans to the playoffs.

Now he's left Adam Gase, too.
    Yeah Adam Gase kills talent. Even though Tannehill has been feasting off play action, its been successful because of how much of a threat Henry is.

Problem with the Panthers is they are also in a rebuild. Thats why I said a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Yeah Adam Gase kills talent. Even though Tannehill has been feasting off play action, its been successful because of how much of a threat Henry is.

Problem with the Panthers is they are also in a rebuild. Thats why I said a few years.
    The panthers still have a safety blanket of CMC for Darnold. I expect him to feast this year, to build Sam's confidence again.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will forever say the logical end point for them is St. Louis.

They weren't a bad NFL city, and they had a perfectly good stadium proposal on the table. The Rams just never had any intention of staying.
    Please no, the AFC West having two teams in Missouri and none on the West Coast would be tragic. Time to shake up the divisions if that happens.

Frankly just merge the Chargers and the Rams and create a new franchise, let's finally have the London Sillynannies.

Then redesign the divisions because they really don't make sense anymore.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Please no, the AFC West having two teams in Missouri and none on the West Coast would be tragic. Time to shake up the divisions if that happens.

Frankly just merge the Chargers and the Rams and create a new franchise, let's finally have the London Sillynannies.

Only if they keep the Chargers branding because the Rams lost their rights to exist with those unis.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only if they keep the Chargers branding because the Rams lost their rights to exist with those unis.
    Not even sure the Chargers have a brand, they're a team with barely any fans and no success to live off. Let them die, merge the two rosters and maybe LA will have a team to give a toss about rather than jumping on the I-15 to Vegas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not even sure the Chargers have a brand, they're a team with barely any fans and no success to live off. Let them die, merge the two rosters and maybe LA will have a team to give a toss about rather than jumping on the I-15 to Vegas.
    They have a lightning bolt and the color powder blue. Which honestly is more than the Rams have going in those departments.

The NFL doesn't have a very good history of division alignments making any sense. The NFC west before the realignment in 2002 had the Saints, Falcons and Panthers, and the Saints and Falcons were there for over 30 years. Plus the Cardinals stayed in the east after they moved to Arizona (and they would have made more sense in the central than east to begin with). The AFC mostly made sense, but the NFC was a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    The NFL doesn't have a very good history of division alignments making any sense. The NFC west before the realignment in 2002 had the Saints, Falcons and Panthers, and the Saints and Falcons were there for over 30 years. Plus the Cardinals stayed in the east after they moved to Arizona (and they would have made more sense in the central than east to begin with). The AFC mostly made sense, but the NFC was a mess.
    Also, would have to wait until Jerry Jones is not in the picture again. Or just say meh and move Dallas out of the NFC East and the intense rivalries.

10+ Year Old Account
    For the divisions to actually make sense, a few old rivalries will probably have to die. Both the AFC and NFC East divisions would get reworked, especially if you add in any international franchises, they'd have to be in an east coast division just for the short transatlantic flights.

Looking at a map of all 32 teams, there's a massive imbalance towards the East Coast, to the point where Dallas is the 8th most western franchise in the NFL. But there's also a ton of states in the middle heading west which frankly wouldn't host an NFL team, maybe New Mexico at best?

10+ Year Old Account
    NFC East will never, ever, ever, EVER be broken up. Not only are the rivalries historic and heated, but they are each in huge markets. DFW / NYC / Phil / DC area are huge money makers. Theyd lose a lot fo money breaking that up, so geogrpahical logistics can get fucked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well baseball has west, central, and east. The AL west has 2 Texas teams in it. Geographical locations are basically irrelevant in most the sports I follow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's just put the Chargers in STL, move them to the AFC South, and then kick the Texans to the AFC West. Ain't nobody in their divisions gonna miss them.
    Last edited by Slowpoke is a Gamer; 2021-04-07 at 04:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Chargers couldn't afford one relocation fee, they're not gonna pay another.

The one thing driving me away as a potential Chargers fan is the Spanos family, a clean slate would be nice.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Chargers couldn't afford one relocation fee, they're not gonna pay another.

The one thing driving me away as a potential Chargers fan is the Spanos family, a clean slate would be nice.
    There's apparently a court case that could force a sale. Don't know if it's a case with legs or not, but hey maybe you'll get that.

Certainly I think 99% of NFL Fans would like the Chargers to just get a clean slate fresh start.

Josh Allen said something dumb in an interview and now I'm so fucking tired and exhausted.

Find me a cannon and shoot me into the fucking sun.

I agree with Josh Allen, the franchise tag is bad for both sides.

Unless you mean the other thing, that is the media asking dumb questions for clickbait material and he bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kinda sad.

Julian Edelman is still trying to play and still trying to come back from knee problems that started 2 years ago. So far it seems things have not really progressed to where he could be relied upon.

So it looks more and more that he's either going to retire or be forced to retire cause the Patriots don't put him on the 53 man roster after training camp.

Love that squirrely dude and the heart with which he played, but if this is what it has come down to, then please just do what's best for your body and don't try to force it any further.

I suspect he's still going to continue to try though and report for training camp etc. and MAKE Belichick take the decision instead of having to do it himself.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Josh Allen said something dumb in an interview and now I'm so fucking tired and exhausted.

Find me a cannon and shoot me into the fucking sun.
    What did he say?
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

Quote Originally Posted by dwightyo39 View Post
    What did he say?
    He "both-sided" the question on whether people should get the vaccine, expressed gladness the NFL isn't mandating the vaccine (I'm fine with this part), but then made the hilariously un-legal argument that mandating said vaccine would go against the Constitution. Which it doesn't.

So of course, Buffalo blew up. Living in the center of the Billsmafia can sometimes be hazardous for your health, it was a minefield all day. I think most of it stems from whether you'll need to show up to the Ralph this fall (I refuse to call it Highmark) with a vaccine card or a negative test, and people being pissed about that potential policy.