Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Ksm isn't really that hard. Especially not as a mage
    my statement stands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrax View Post
    Still my casual playstyle until this expansion has been doing dungeons and world quests to get upgrades (normal/heroic). I don't like the stress and toxicness of mythic (unless I can do them with a very familiar group - which isnt a possibility anymore since "everyone" quit the game).
    Find new people to play with? It is a MMO for a reason. That's something I really don't understand, for a game that is built upon multiplayer, there's a lot of complainers that don't like the "multiplayer" aspect of the game. Alternatively don't go do current endgame content as again it's designed for groups of players to tackle. Go back 1.5 expansions where the content is soloable and then you'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitrax View Post
    In legion, I remember doing world quests for loot and getting nice upgrades almost all the time (as ilvl was slightly above what I had, not like now, slightly below what I already have.. wtf is the meaning of that??).
    It was called titanforging and they removed it in late BFA for good reason.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alroxas View Post
    Find new people to play with? It is a MMO for a reason. That's something I really don't understand, for a game that is built upon multiplayer, there's a lot of complainers that don't like the "multiplayer" aspect of the game. Alternatively don't go do current endgame content as again it's designed for groups of players to tackle. Go back 1.5 expansions where the content is soloable and then you'll be fine.

It was called titanforging and they removed it in late BFA for good reason.
    Can't play with others if they don't want to play with you, funny how that works isn't it?
    Also what good reason was there to remove titanforging?

Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    Can't play with others if they don't want to play with you, funny how that works isn't it?
    Also what good reason was there to remove titanforging?
    It disrupted raidlogging and forced raiders to grind content /s
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    problem is people dont want to put in any effort anymore. the nuber of +13/14 runs i have seen with people not using even a single flask/oils/food/pots etc is astonishing . i mean i dont care since its not my keys but i would never let in people liek this into my keys i run with guildies. and then they whine when timer is off by small marigins.
    I can second this, the amount of ~1k toxic.io (loved that lol ) players in M13 or 14 who take crazy amounts of avoidable damage is freaking unbelievable. Ditto for consumables, pugging these days is more cancer than ever before.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TommiTMX View Post
    a friend of mine recently swapped from US servers to EU and managed to level a Mage to 60, pugged his way to Keystone Master for 15s got Ahead of the Curve all through pugging. I told him he'd made life harder for himself and he should have just found a guild and played with people but he did it anyway and is sat at a 220 item level.
    Armory or it didn't happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    but they keep losing players.
    Doesn’t matter, they make more money than ever off the addicts spending on wowtokens on alt blizz accounts to funnel gold to main in order to get boosted for fomo rewards.

Like just look at this list of azeroth’s champion players (click FoS and then phenomenal cosmic power achievement, look at the end of the list (most recent earner) and work backwards): https://wowranks.io/character-achievements

You’ll see so many players that were at best challenger/rival (or nothing at all) and then randomly in bfa s4 they get elite. Friends in my discord when we were going for the achievement quoted 7 million for being off meta spec carry in pvp and ~3ish million for meta spec. At the time back in August-October the wowtoken price was 150k in NA. Math out how much money for someone trying to get that. Hell even I wanted to do that and I did spend the money for the tokens, but didn’t spend it to get my last rank 4 essence (2400) for the title. All because it felt “unfair” to get boosted. Would rather fail on principle than get help that way.

There are loads of people playing the game like that right now for KSM; mythic raid (which the asking price was almost 800 bucks in tokens for a sire kill the first week of cross realm); and getting boosted to 1800/2100/2400 and glad for gold.

Blizzard doesn’t care, and in fact would likely prefer to design content in such a way that makes people more apt to resort to tokens for the fomo.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Couchpotato2013 View Post
    Doesn’t matter, they make more money than ever off the addicts spending on wowtokens on alt blizz accounts to funnel gold to main in order to get boosted for fomo rewards.

Like just look at this list of azeroth’s champion players (click FoS and then phenomenal cosmic power achievement, look at the end of the list (most recent earner) and work backwards): https://wowranks.io/character-achievements

You’ll see so many players that were at best challenger/rival (or nothing at all) and then randomly in bfa s4 they get elite. Friends in my discord when we were going for the achievement quoted 7 million for being off meta spec carry in pvp and ~3ish million for meta spec. At the time back in August-October the wowtoken price was 150k in NA. Math out how much money for someone trying to get that. Hell even I wanted to do that and I did spend the money for the tokens, but didn’t spend it to get my last rank 4 essence (2400) for the title. All because it felt “unfair” to get boosted. Would rather fail on principle than get help that way.

There are loads of people playing the game like that right now for KSM; mythic raid (which the asking price was almost 800 bucks in tokens for a sire kill the first week of cross realm); and getting boosted to 1800/2100/2400 and glad for gold.

Blizzard doesn’t care, and in fact would likely prefer to design content in such a way that makes people more apt to resort to tokens for the fomo.
    Maybe the way that they implemented Valor or made PvP the most lucrative (by far) way of gearing up wasn't "just a mistake" after all. Dem tokens weren't going to sell themselves, you know...

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post

Didnt you just immediately hand wave away multiple armory/wcl links because you instantly labeled them as "fake"? Now you are asking for an armory link as proof? How hypocritical of you.

Sure, I too could link any well placed toon in WCL and say "look folks, that's my toon". You are smart, but not enough - keep trying and you will improve /pat
    Just to be clear - these two posts where made literally seconds apart.
    Last edited by arkanon; 2021-04-06 at 07:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Didnt you just immediately hand wave away multiple armory links because you instantly labeled them as "fake"? Now you are asking for an armory link as proof? How hypocritical of you.
    I handwaved just one, since I have no reasons to believe it was legit. Maybe you do have?

I handwaved just one, since I have no reasons to believe it was legit. Maybe you do have?
    And yet you have literally zero reason to believe it was fake, other than it not fitting your narrative.
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I started 2 months ago, I'm now 214, no guild.

I'm a Paladin, so as a healer, you can get in higher players groups.

You can also make you own group, try an arena, people with 226 will ask to join you.

But, With my rogue.. it's a different story. I gave up because it's too long to get invite and upgrades.

I'm doing more pvp, almost no raids, 1-2 mythic per week.
    Last edited by reemi; 2021-04-06 at 07:51 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    And yet you have literally zero reason to believe it was fake, other than it not fitting your narrative.
    Imagine people randomly pulling !#$% out of their asses on the internet. Oh the horror.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by reemi View Post

You can also make you own group, try an arena, people with 226 will ask to join you.

But, With my rogue.. it's a different story. I gave up because it's too long to get invite and upgrades.
    Roll a tank, and you will be invited everywhere. It's a good way to build up your toxic.io - if you can stomach it.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    yeah, good idea. but running a m+10 in 202 item level seems not intended. so whats the intended way to improve when between 7 and 10 only drops 200 ???
    Why does it seem not intended? There are people out there (that are REALLY good at this game) that have timed +15s with everyone being below 200 ilvl, so a team of all 200 ilvl people unable to do a +10, gear is not the limiting factor.

Quote Originally Posted by reemi View Post

One of the saddest things I realized in bfa when I got a bit antsy (guild not on so ok gotta pug) for m+ FoS in s3/4 was seeing the amount of groups in LFG going unfilled (30, 50 minutes or 1 hour with 3 dps or 1 tank and 2 dps). And then when sitting in pvp lfg as ret in bfa s4, felt pretty bad too. Started running laps for no reason to pass the time. Props for the people joining groups who go out on a limb to bring up possible diamonds in the rough.

Whats the difference between pulling an armory link v/s wlogs? xd

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbro View Post
    Whats the difference between pulling an armory link v/s wlogs? xd
    There is no difference, and they have set a precedent of immediately dismissing any link provided as "fake" if it doesnt fit their narrative, so i would advise any request for a link be ignored.

5+ Year Old Account
    There is no difference, and they have set a precedent of immediately dismissing any link provided as "fake" if it doesnt fit their narrative, so i would advise any request for a link be ignored.
    Of course you will, it's easier to make up !@$% that way. Can't really say I'm surprised though.

Of course you will, it's easier to make up !@$% that way. Can't really say I'm surprised though.
    But im serious, why is it different in your books? you know you can wowprog the toon and get the armory there right? xd why is it better when its arguably worse than wlogs in every sense?

Edit: nvm wowprog, wlogs has the armory link there too, i always forget about that.
    Last edited by Frozenbro; 2021-04-06 at 08:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Compher View Post
    Why does it seem not intended? There are people out there (that are REALLY good at this game) that have timed +15s with everyone being below 200 ilvl, so a team of all 200 ilvl people unable to do a +10, gear is not the limiting factor.
    To me it seemsa bout right - 185-200 ilvl completing a +10 is not just reasonable, but quite common......I am also aware there are some people demanding much higher ilvls etc for the same content, but they are not the ONLY groups lfm. I have a diverse group of friends who range from super casual and up, and we frequently run 7/8/9/10s with a group all sub 200 ilvl, and with some less than average players.

- - - Updated - - -

So hang on - anyone who doesnt link their armory is "making shit up" and anyone who DOES link their armory, well, thats fake obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    yeah, good idea. but running a m+10 in 202 item level seems not intended. so whats the intended way to improve when between 7 and 10 only drops 200 ???
    Vault and events give you 200+ if you're doing content. You're just complaining to complain and it's another thinly veiled "bring back the vendor" because you want more for doing nothing.

You don't need 203 for heroic. 195-200 is adequate. Anyone asking for that high is looking to get carried themselves and should be avoided anyway.