5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbro View Post
    try harder next time.
    I will leave that part for you, who are so, so, SOOOOOOO good. My sub expires in 4 days or so, and I'm already busy with other games. Take care :3
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    I will leave that part for you, who are so, so, SOOOOOOO good. My sub expires in 4 days or so, and I'm already busy with other games. Take care :3
    So busy with other games that you continue to post on a WoW fan forum.

It's such an odd dynamic that people who hate the game and its players won't just go away. I cannot think of a single thing I have ever stopped enjoying and yet continued to obsess about, even before I had a career and a lot of other things going on. I have always just moved on. I don't get it. I literally cannot imagine the expenditure of time and energy to post on a fan forum of something I'm not a fan of. So strange.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    So busy with other games that you continue to post on a WoW fan forum.
    I am a Warcraft fan, even if the current iteration is crap in my book. And I will continue posting wherever I like, tyvm

I am a Warcraft fan, even if the current iteration is crap in my book. And I will continue posting wherever I like, tyvm
    You're really pretty bad with logic on a continual basis. I never said you weren't allowed to post. I said it's strange, because it is.

5+ Year Old Account
    I never said you weren't allowed to post. I said it's strange, because it is.
    I stand corrected. Still, I don't get the "strange" part - e.g. I haven't actively played chess (at a competitive level) in 10 years or so. Is it "strange" for me to still post in a chess-dedicated forum? Really curious.

I stand corrected. Still, I don't get the "strange" part - e.g. I haven't actively played chess (at a competitive level) in 10 years or so. Is it "strange" for me to still post in a chess-dedicated forum? Really curious.
    That's very different. I could stop playing WoW competitively but still play a lot and enjoy the game. So in that scenario, no it would not be odd to continue to post because I would still be a fan, it would just have a different place in my life if I was playing casually rather than seriously.

You post a lot. I do not think it is an exaggeration to say that the overwhelming majority of your posts are shitposts, slamming anything and everything about the game and its players. If that is what you do on your chess forum, then yes, I do think it is strange too. It's your boat man, whatever floats it for you go for it. It is just interesting to me. I study human behavior and this is just one thing I cannot make sense out of.

It would be very strange if you hated chess, and hated the community and players, and yet continued to post on forums.

I guess a real life example would be seeing episode 9 in the theater - some dork paid for a ticket so he could go watch the movie, then spent the first half of the movie booing and mocking starwars in general, constantly moaning (quite loudly) about how terrible all the new movies are and that he doesnt know why anyone likes them.

I say first half, because multiple people complained and he was asked to leave, and his excuse? "im a StarWars fan and i paid for my ticket, you cant make me leave" - he absolutely did leave, but i found that very strange - actively seeking out and even paying to be involved in something he claimed to "hate".
    Last edited by arkanon; 2021-04-06 at 08:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Whatt do you "solo players" need the gear for? Complete the covenant campaigns then go solo old raids or level alts.

Dont expect to get same rewards as people who put the time into organizing groups and becoming better at the game.

The complete lack of logic some people seem to employ on this topic is flabbergasting.

Yes WoW doesnt have much content for solo players, since its a multiplayer title. Consider complaining to Riot Games because you cant get challenger rewards in bot games. Jesus christ.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    It would be very strange if you hated chess, and hated the community and players, and yet continued to post on forums.
    Well, for starters I don't hate Warcraft (I'm a fan indeed) and I only hate a tiny, but very... shall we say, highlighted part of its players. You can easily tell which it is, so GL with the zOmG H4TeRs speech.

- - - Updated - - -

I do not think it is an exaggeration to say that the overwhelming majority of your posts are shitposts, slamming anything and everything about the game and its players.
    The game in its current state and those who defend it deserve nothing but derision in my eyes - at least those "git gud" folks.

The game in its current state and those who defend it deserve nothing but derision in my eyes - at least those "git gud" folks.
    Believing your role is to dispense derision seems very sad in addition to being strange. What do you get out of your unwillingness just to let go? Do you believe that if you are toxic for enough years that eventually the devs will notice your hard work and cater the game to you? Or do you just want others to share in your misery? What good is going to come out of your approach?

And do you understand that when you are toxically negative, that drives a portion of the community to be unrealistically positive (the very thing you find so revolting)? Can you see that is a feedback loop that is counterproductive to any positive change?

Quote Originally Posted by cszsolt3 View Post
    ...and becoming better at the game.
    This.

This singular argument is the one that makes me laugh the hardest every time it comes up. Downloading and installing addons and macros other people made doesn't make you "better at the game." It makes you a brainless near-bot who couldn't play the game to save their life if said addons and macros weren't telling you what to do every step of the way.

It's always amusing how "unplayable" the game gets whenever one of the bigger addons breaks with a patch or expansion, but miraculously becomes playable the same day its updated.

Quote Originally Posted by Something Wicked View Post
    This.

This singular argument is the one that makes me laugh the hardest every time it comes up. Downloading and installing addons and macros other people made doesn't make you "better at the game." It makes you a brainless near-bot who couldn't play the game to save their life if said addons and macros weren't telling you what to do every step of the way.
    And you continue to spout this as though the only difference between someone playing almost perfectly at a mythic level, and someone struggling to crack 1500dps in lfr is "some addons and macros".
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    And you continue to spout this as though the only difference between someone playing almost perfectly at a mythic level, and someone struggling to crack 1500dps in lfr is "some addons and macros".
    Note the complete lack of denial even from this guy?

Yeah.

This.

It's always amusing how "unplayable" the game gets whenever one of the bigger addons breaks with a patch or expansion, but miraculously becomes playable the same day its updated.
    Aka hes not better than me, i can do that too but i cba to, where have i seen this before, oh right, Bronze/Silver players in LoL that believe themselves as Challengers trapped in that league, mmmmmmmm i wonder xd

Aka hes not better than me, i can do that too but i cba to, where have i seen this before, oh right, Bronze/Silver players in LoL that believe themselves as Challengers trapped in that league, mmmmmmmm i wonder xd
    Note yet another one who's not denying it?

Note yet another one who's not denying it?
    Oh dont worry you wont get a serious response from me, you arent worth my time when you couldnt answer any proper question cause answering them would ruin your narrative, you are free to believe that theres no diff between you and any Limit player, mhm.

Oh dont worry you wont get a serious response from me, you arent worth my time when you couldnt answer any proper question cause answering them would ruin your narrative, you are free to believe that theres no diff between you and any Limit player, mhm.
    Sorry. Maybe you could install an addon to help with your time management?

Also, mind linking some factual information about how you're one of the world's greatest players? And not just some random, mediocre, addon-dependant raider who's so tragically upset about the idea of anyone else getting the gear you "so richly deserve?" I'll be waiting over there.

This.

So if you just download the right addons and copy the right macros you would be HoF CE / 2k+ IO / glad/hero? I believe you.

I can relate. If I had the right shoes and shorts and one of the compression things I would definitely be NBA MVP. But I don't feel like it.

So if you just download the right addons and copy the right macros you would be HoF CE / 2k+ IO / glad/hero? I believe you.
    Yes, because that's what I said. (Feel free to see my previous reply, just above yours.)

I can relate. If I had the right shoes and shorts and one of the compression things I would definitely be NBA MVP. But I don't feel like it.

Wait, you're one of the people who thinks pushing buttons on a keyboard and clicking a mouse is equivalent to a real sport? Okay.

Things are slowly starting to make a lot of sense. You guys are like the medically-discharged Army soldier who spent your entire 'career' in the motorpool putzing around, but firmly believe you were a Green Beret super soldier who was out there doing the same thing you're seeing on <insert absurd action movie here>. Got it.
    Last edited by Something Wicked; 2021-04-06 at 08:52 PM.

That's very different. I could stop playing WoW competitively but still play a lot and enjoy the game. So in that scenario, no it would not be odd to continue to post because I would still be a fan, it would just have a different place in my life if I was playing casually rather than seriously.

You post a lot. I do not think it is an exaggeration to say that the overwhelming majority of your posts are shitposts, slamming anything and everything about the game and its players. If that is what you do on your chess forum, then yes, I do think it is strange too. It's your boat man, whatever floats it for you go for it. It is just interesting to me. I study human behavior and this is just one thing I cannot make sense out of.
    I don't think it's really a fair comparison given that the rules of chess haven't changed a dozen times in a 15 year period. Maybe if they kept buffing and nerfing pawns, bishops, rooks, etc every couple of months, or changing the win objectives, or making chess a multiplayer team game where you rage out at your team members for not utilizing the proper strategies and thinking 12 moves ahead at all times.

WoW has changed a LOT since Classic, and each new expansion brings it further away from its original state. Some players like it, some don't. I also think the game sucks atm, in both lore and gameplay, but I also hope it gets better. Generally speaking, I think a love for the franchise brings on posters that are dissatisfied with the current state of affairs and don't think "get over it and move on" is an acceptable resolution if there is still room for change, particularly if enough players share the same opinion and are vocal about.

Or maybe it's just trolling and shit posting, idk.