Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Anyone else still subbed but don't really play anymore?

Big wow fan been playing since launch I love this game but I’m just not feeling it this expansion and it’s not burn out because I absolutely loved Legion was addicted to that expansion for two years straight.

But Shadowlands just feels generic kind of boring and I feel like there’s just nothing to do right now except raid and run mythic dungeons over and over.

My one big gripe but I know it’s mine and not a big deal in the grand scheme of things I’m just not a fan of how the new zones are each separate islands and travel between them just takes a long.

To get from zone to zone you have to go to the main new city first and then to the other zone travel to takes forever. And no flight whistle it’s just annoying it’s not a huge deal but it’s just frustrating not to have it.

Like does blizzard think players enjoy travel taking so long and being tedious to get around the new zones? Do they think that’s fun for us?

Just example I will login today and reset Tuesday and see the blue! Quests in my covenant and some may be in a different zone and then I’ll just get frustrated thinking OK I have to fly over there and wait to get there do those few quests and then fly to a whole different zone that takes a while and then I think about it and just don’t even wanna play.

Right now if you don’t raid run Dungeons, there's not much to do. And I have five level 60 characters but normally every expansion I might have 10 or more at max level and I just can’t bring myself to level up any more characters just so boring
    Last edited by Zorachus; 2021-04-06 at 10:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Once again, you make these posts/threads coming from your perspective and applying it to everything as if it's a universal thing.

It's not.

This is a general FORUM to discuss the game. If you don’t have anything constructive to add or say why even reply to the thread?

Everything about this expansion's theme is uninspired to me, the game doesn't feel like WoW anymore and the 4 zones got boring almost immediately. I could care less about anything happening in the game story-wise rn and there's nothing to do on top of it. Done with it

Yes, but I reach this point in every expansion. Once I do all the content I enjoy, I dip my toes into stuff I don't enjoy, and then recoil until new content comes out. That's normal. Shadowlands is a better expansion than BFA in that there was more to do, but it's the same progression for me. And that's OK. It's OK to let your subscription lapse then come back when you feel like it. It's healthy, even. Everybody should do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    This is a general FORUM to discuss the game. If you don’t have anything constructive to add or say why even reply to the thread?

You'll get the "discuss" part right eventually. But don't pretend your are interested in discussing anything when all you do is make threads complaining about the game non-stop.

Big wow fan been playing since launch I love this game but I’m just not feeling it this expansion and it’s not burn out because I absolutely loved Legion was addicted to that expansion for two years straight.

Yes... we know. You have this incessant need to let everybody know this every time you make a thread.

But Shadowlands just feels generic kind of boring and I feel like there’s just nothing to do right now except raid and run mythic dungeons over and over.

Conveniently leaving out any other thing you can do in the game... but because you don't want to, it must not exist in the first place.

My one big gripe but I know it’s mine and not a big deal in the grand scheme of things I’m just not a fan of how the new zones are each separate islands and travel between them just takes a long.

It's fine to feel this way, but I have a feeling your about to apply your personal, subjective feeling on the matter and try to generalize it on a broader scope.

Like does blizzard think players enjoy travel taking so long and being tedious to get around the new zones? Do they think that’s fun for us?

And there it is.

Travel does not take as long as you are making it seem like. "Tedious" from going from point A to point B while in a zone? What are you like trying to run vertical up mountains or jump over canyons only to fall to your death?

Or are you talking about from going from point A in a zone to point A in a completely different zone? Let's be specific here.

Disjointed zones have been a big gripe for this expansion but to claim it's anything more than just an inconvenience is just silly.

Just example I will login today and reset Tuesday and see the blue! Quests in my covenant and some may be in a different zone and then I’ll just get frustrated thinking OK I have to fly over there and wait to get there do those few quests and then fly to a whole different zone that takes a while and then I think about it and just don’t even wanna play.

P L A Y S O M E T H I N G E L S E

Like we don't need you always making a thread about how you don't like playing the game anymore. Just as people have said in literally every whining topic you've made in the past months: sounds like you need to take a break or play something else.

Right now if you don’t raid run Dungeons, there's not much to do. And I have five level 60 characters but normally every expansion I might have 10 or more at max level and I just can’t bring myself to level up any more characters just so boring

Another false statement, but it seems like you are not interested in truth versus what you "feel". You'll just blow everybody's criticisms off with replies like this:

WTF are you smoking?

LOL anyone giving Shittylands a review score over 5/10 is just a fanboy troll, or they haven't actually played this expansion. Blizzard just did paint by numbers, creating a generic lame expansion, they thought the players would buy up anyway, because of the pandemic. They half-assed this one.

As of now, I would rate all WoW expansions in this order;

- Wrath #1
    - BC # 2
    - Legion # 3
    - MoP #4
    - BfA # 5
    - SL # 6
    - Cat # 7
    - WoD # 8

And then you'll still wonder why people criticise you.
    Last edited by KOUNTERPARTS; 2021-04-06 at 10:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Yes, but I reach this point in every expansion. Once I do all the content I enjoy, I dip my toes into stuff I don't enjoy, and then recoil until new content comes out. That's normal. Shadowlands is a better expansion than BFA in that there was more to do, but it's the same progression for me. And that's OK. It's OK to let your subscription lapse then come back when you feel like it. It's healthy, even. Everybody should do it.
    I didn't feel this bored or burned out in Legion. I was addicted to that expansion from pre patch right up through BfA, plus by this point into Legion, almost 5 months, there was a .1 patch, and just a lot to do, with the Artifact weapon, and Class Hall quests, etc...

Same with BfA, 5 months into it, I wasn't bored at all with BfA in the beginning, was very satisfied and remember actively playing nightly the first year plus. Yeah I got sick of it, once Blizzard added the terrible Corruption gear and cloak to the game.

But with Shadowlands, this is the first time so early in with a brand new expansion that I feel like there's not a lot to do. Pretty much by February I was done with this, and that's never happened before in a WoW expansion for me.

I am so happy, i got into classic agian with the hype of TBC, for the last 2 months i been fucking burned out on nothing in SL

Still subbed, still playing and having fun. Expansion is better than BFA.

I don't have a lot of time to play, maybe 2 hours a night a few times a week, that is killing my interest more than anything else. I think its kind of a middle of the road expansion, not terrible, but not amazing, maybe 9.1 will help with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Literally this. I been on eso alot wow just feels stale. I love wow but maybe after 15 years im just bored.

Also im kinda just waiting for flying as for me i hate how the traveling zones are as well they need more portals! An the anima grind is so bad.
    Last edited by GUZ; 2021-04-06 at 11:54 PM.
    "Voted Most Likely To Be Banned From The Forum."

10+ Year Old Account
    There's nothing wrong with being subbed but only playing one hour per week, or one hour per month. Thats fine - no problem. People had done that since the game was released.

The less you play, the more you have to do when you eventually do play. Play 1 hour per week and you have lots of shit to do. Play 6+ hours per day and you just have issues in general.

Not playing is fine. Cancer your sub too if you want - that's also okay.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    You'll get the "discuss" part right eventually. But don't pretend your are interested in discussing anything when all you do is make threads complaining about the game non-stop.

Yes... we know. You have this incessant need to let everybody know this every time you make a thread.

Conveniently leaving out any other thing you can do in the game... but because you don't want to, it must not exist in the first place.

It's fine to feel this way, but I have a feeling your about to apply your personal, subjective feeling on the matter and try to generalize it on a broader scope.

And there it is.

Travel does not take as long as you are making it seem like. "Tedious" from going from point A to point B while in a zone? What are you like trying to run vertical up mountains or jump over canyons only to fall to your death?

Or are you talking about from going from point A in a zone to point A in a completely different zone? Let's be specific here.

Disjointed zones have been a big gripe for this expansion but to claim it's anything more than just an inconvenience is just silly.

P L A Y S O M E T H I N G E L S E

Like we don't need you always making a thread about how you don't like playing the game anymore. Just as people have said in literally every whining topic you've made in the past months: sounds like you need to take a break or play something else.

Another false statement, but it seems like you are not interested in truth versus what you "feel". You'll just blow everybody's criticisms off with replies like this:

And then you'll still wonder why people criticise you.
    Ouch. Shouldn't kick someone who's laying down already :P
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by GUZ View Post
    Literally this. I been on eso alot wow just feels stale. I love wow but maybe after 15 years im just bored.

Also im kinda just waiting for flying as for me i hate how the traveling zones are as well they need more portals! An the anima grind is so bad.
    How is ESO? Haven't played it. I do like Skyrim, so it's a MMO version of that?

I'll probably unsub from WoW until patch 9.2 so I can come back with lots to do hopefully.

i think it feels like shadowlands doesn't have content because it doesn't. compare what shadowlands launched with to prior expacs. wod and legion launched with two raids but had the delay. mop had 3 raids, cata had 3 raids, etc. sl has the rather standard 8 dungeons but it didn't come with new talents or class spells. it gave us a covenant spell that we can't change that easily. we didn't get the torghast that all the testers loved. they nerfed raid drops for no reason. they nerfed m+ drops for no reason. etc.

the current game is just less of a game with the same initial pricing and finding scummier moves as the years go on to get even more.

I'm unsubbed until TBC pre-patch. There's nothing to do on classic right now and with SL I kinda learned post-WoD WoW just isn't for me.

Honestly Zorachus, from what I'm reading it sounds like you're done with WoW and haven't accepted it yet.

I'm not burned out or sick of WoW, no not at all. But specifically Shittylands yes.

Last time I felt this bored of the game was back in WoD a year into I unsubbed from WoD, my first time ever quitting WoW.

I then came back to try Legion and LOVED it, was totally addicted to WoW again with Legion and played for 2 years straight.

So hopefully the next expansion is more like Legion but improved.

Yep. I haven't played in two weeks, and I'm subbed until september because I thought my sub would renew in april and had time to cancel it, but it actually renewed early march.

I want to play the game, not do chores. I'll check back when 9.1 comes out to see if anything changes.

I will give Burning Crusade Classic a spin. Never tried regular classic yet will wait for TBC.

I recall some fond memories playing BC, my now main was created then, Blood Elf Paladin. And Outland was a fun continent with some all time fav zones there.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    Once again, you make these posts/threads coming from your perspective and applying it to everything as if it's a universal thing.

It's not.
    It may not be "universal", but it's def widespread. At least in my circle of players.
    Personally for the past few weeks i log in on patch day, do the weekly boss, get some souls and just do the raid with my guild and that's pretty much it. All the things he mentions stop me from playing more. Even alts i have no fun in coz its just same thing, different toon.
    If i didn't have such a fun guild i wouldn't play at all.
    If wow cost money id unsubscribe heh