Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    You did 10 mage tower trials back when they weren't easy to outgear and not a single time you choose optimal legendary, talents or used a proper rotation to maximize your dps?

Yeah, that's either a "that happened" moment or you being stubborn about the definition of "meta".
    Next time he'll tell you that prot paladin mage tower challenge was easy on release.

Quote Originally Posted by GnomeEU View Post
    The meta is nonsense anyway.
    A healer that is specced full dps will fail in most random runs.
    The avg group takes more dmg in a +10 than in a +20.

A healer can't just go dps when the tank requires 90% of all globals and the hunter in the fire the rest. For the rogue there were no globals left so he died.

My group will be happy when I stop healing and throw 20k hammers instead lol. You'll be booted with, omg heal afk? Quicker than you can say, you should have interrupted that.
    This is sad, but one of the truest statements I have ever read.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    In the US we dodge rag and quelthalas lol.
    We call it the curse of rag'thalas. Also included are the portuguese realms like drakkari.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Barzotti View Post
    Next time he'll tell you that prot paladin mage tower challenge was easy on release.
    I actually found the prot challenge to be the second easiest to vengeance. That said it might have more to do with me not having played a warrior,druid, and monk before

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    You did 10 mage tower trials back when they weren't easy to outgear and not a single time you choose optimal legendary, talents or used a proper rotation to maximize your dps?

Yeah, that's either a "that happened" moment or you being stubborn about the definition of "meta".
    Not my problem.

Quote Originally Posted by GnomeEU View Post
    The meta is nonsense anyway.
    A healer that is specced full dps will fail in most random runs.
    The avg group takes more dmg in a +10 than in a +20.

A healer can't just go dps when the tank requires 90% of all globals and the hunter in the fire the rest. For the rogue there were no globals left so he died.

My group will be happy when I stop healing and throw 20k hammers instead lol. You'll be booted with, omg heal afk? Quicker than you can say, you should have interrupted that.
    This indeed. With my healer the 10-range is the worst of the worst. Damage is not enough to get people 1shot most of the time, so it's your duty to heal it all up.
    The meta for most people means that you tunnelvision for bloodlust and "bick dick dps" classes to fill up the rest. Interrupts, (helping the tank) kiting, dodging mechanics and all that stuff is done if and only if it does not disrupt the perfect (read: probably flawed) DPS rotation.

Not my problem if you or him lack skills.

15+ Year Old Account
    The "meta" is a fancy term for finding the gaps in their bad design and WoW is rife with it. Example: Ranged dominates and feels better to play in raids and in most of the game, MOST of the time.

This results in stacking Boomkins and Warlocks. They target switch, they multi dot, the barely get punished by movement, they cleave, they bring tons of garbage to the raid, they do eye melting damage.
    The design gap: all of the specs that don't have everything that was just mentioned are just bad, they can't find a way to design them apparently. Like Fury warrior? Apparently it's too hard for them to design a buff or debuff that only Fury warrior can bring. They can't make Fury unique, other than mongo damage. Same thing with Survival hunter. It got like zero changes from BFA.
    TL;DR: bad design gives you bad metas.
    Last edited by msdos; 2021-04-07 at 04:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost controller View Post
    I actually found the prot challenge to be the second easiest to vengeance. That said it might have more to do with me not having played a warrior,druid, and monk before
    After a few months maybe, but on 7.2 release the prot paladin challenge was by far the hardest with prot warrior maybe. The dps check was unreal for 890-900 ilvl characters and quite impossible. Lazel (maybe the best prot pala in the world at that time) did it at 913 ilvl and it took him 35 attempts.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker1 View Post
    Not my problem if you or him lack skills.
    Sure buddy. You totally did it on 7.2 release.
    Last edited by Barzotti; 2021-04-07 at 06:40 AM.

After a few months maybe, but on 7.2 release the prot paladin challenge was by far the hardest with prot warrior maybe. The dps check was unreal for 890-900 ilvl characters and quite impossible. Lazel (maybe the best prot pala in the world at that time) did it at 913 ilvl and it took him 35 attempts.

Sure buddy. You totally did it on 7.2 release.
    No es mi problema.
    Infracted
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2021-04-08 at 05:29 AM.

Imagine the shit I'm getting for playing frost mage, because all the streamers are aiming at being 0.1% thus playing fire.

The moment the simcrafting starts on PTR, the streamers will pick and study what sims best. And only the best is the best, the rest is instantly unplayable garbage tier as it seems. And that's what the community accepts on large scale.

It's why I entirely avoid pugs and only do runs with my guild.