Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    oh, i am suprised. blizzard slowly realizes that ppl playing alts rather quit their subs than doing all that shit (endless dailies and all that stuff in maw) again. fine.

maybe they realize why many ppl waiting for TBC. where you do not have to do all that endless shit again and again and again. i mean, ofc they get their sub too, when one is playing TBC. but in TBC you cant sell em Tokens.

- - - Updated - - -

yeah, sadly this. because: what does Blizz teach me? not to play an alt and rather play other games, before apropriate patches/hotfixes occur. i am not sure if profit wise this is such a great concept, when i look at my f-list and how many ppl quitted and just not come back.

but hey, whatever floats Blizz‘s $boat$.

- - - Updated - - -

yeah baby. they deserve THAT much of sarcasm. they do. for sure. and just to clarify: i mean this completely serious.
    You havent played WoW very long im guessing? This happens every expansion. Early on things take more grind, later it gets relaxed so alts etc dont need to work as hard. TBC being the absolute perfect example. Grind revered rep by repeating the same dungeons dozens of times which depending on class and role can be an absolute nightmare due to class tools. Now you can grind heroics for pre raid blues.
    By mid expansion badges dropped from raid bosses, dungeons were nerfed and attunements were nerfed (to the point you essentially didnt need to grind to run heroics anymore and Kara etc were easy mode to get to).

Now - Level alt, do campaign/world quests. Do Torghast for 1 hour per week per alt until you no longer need ash. Choose what content you want to gear up via (M+/Raid or PvP) or sit at 200 ilvl roughly for solo PvE stuff. Man so alt unfriendly, needing to farm... nothing but the content that gives you gear.

People saying "they should have done it sooner / should have been there from the begining" don't get the point. Their intent isn't to make it easier for players. Their intent is to slow everything down as much as possible, drag out the content consumption. And now, when we're during a content drought, the benevolent blizzard makes QoL improvements here and there, which is just a play on the players' emotions. In this case, some players will decide they can finally level up an alt, which makes them spend more time ingame.

This isn't for the players. It's for the metrics. They must have found out that people are not leveling many alts, and since it's already a few months in, they decided to ease it up just a little bit so that some players will be swayed to level an alt.

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    Oh look... they did it again.
    The thing that could be literally since the start of SL is now random change in the middle of nowhere...
    My bet is that after 3-4 months of 9.1 we will see similar 'hotfix' about covenants and that you can change them like talents.
    No they wont, covenants are character specific progression, and they already have their catchups implemented for alts.
    This is because doing the same unlocks on possible future alts to gain the required benefits from them is too time consuming and requires possibly weeks of gated rep for things like sockets and conduit upgrades. This kind of changes happens most if not all expansions where there is a time gate over entering max level content - TBC had it via rep and attunements which was nerfed down later, Wrath had it via enchants from rep which then later lowered reps and/or easier farming of rep, cata was much the same as wrath with enchants gated into rep, Mists gated alot behind rep - greatly nerfed later for alts etc.
    TBC never nerfed changing from Aldor to Scryer etc. Covenants are much the same but far easier to swap and far less time consuming to do so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    Could not care less

Quote Originally Posted by TickTickTick View Post
    People saying "they should have done it sooner / should have been there from the begining" don't get the point. Their intent isn't to make it easier for players. Their intent is to slow everything down as much as possible, drag out the content consumption. And now, when we're during a content drought, the benevolent blizzard makes QoL improvements here and there, which is just a play on the players' emotions. In this case, some players will decide they can finally level up an alt, which makes them spend more time ingame.

This isn't for the players. It's for the metrics. They must have found out that people are not leveling many alts, and since it's already a few months in, they decided to ease it up just a little bit so that some players will be swayed to level an alt.
    Very well said. /clap
    They killed two birds with one stone.
    Let's make artificial content for alts and then change it so we can say 'we listen our community'.
    Last edited by Mendzia; 2021-04-07 at 07:45 AM.

No, the issue is, people "rush" through content and then complain there is no content left to do. So they time gate certain things "artificially" because you all can't stop rushing to get stuff done in a small span of time and then complain there's nothing to do!

Quote Originally Posted by Armael View Post
    No, the issue is, people "rush" through content and then complain there is no content left to do. So they time gate certain things "artificially" because you all can't stop rushing to get stuff done in a small span of time and then complain there's nothing to do!
    I'd like to sell you a book subscription. You only have to pay me 15$ a month, and I will send you 1 word every day. Don't worry, it's definitely not to get more money out of you, it's just to make sure you don't rush through the book and then complain there's nothing to read!

Look, it's fine if you think the game is worth your subscription money. Plenty of people do. I'm subscribed myself. But let's not pretend things aren't what they are. People will complain regardless, the main difference is that allowing the players to play at their own rhythm will result in worse metrics and less subscriptions, so they don't.

People play at different speeds, who are you to say what's rushing or not? If people have fun playing that way it's their option to do so. And if WoW can't keep up with content, that's fine as well. "Forcing" those players to play slower and stringing out everything in order to try to make them stay longer is not making the game any better, for them or anyone else.
    Last edited by Kolvarg; 2021-04-07 at 08:11 AM.

Good change, makes it even more alt friendly.

I guess I can at least buy myself the profession upgrades now on chars where I can actually use them before they are obsolete (or just buy it from the AH). Should have been like that long ago though (or the crafters mark should have never been part of Venri to begin with).

Quote Originally Posted by Armael View Post
    Are you joking?! We are 5 months into the expansion. Is this rushing?!

I mean, do you even consider the pace and time it takes to get anything useful from Stygia? Rush it says... get real.
    They did this cause no one can possibly have enough time to grind the maw for enough Stygia that it will be worth anything before the next patch hits.
    Even with this change, it's too late. It's pointless to start farming stygia on your alt now. You will get one conduit a week. Woopdity freakin do. You will replace them with world quests in 2 to 3 months. Rushing... right.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Are you joking?! We are 5 months into the expansion. Is this rushing?!

I mean, do you even consider the pace and time it takes to get anything useful from Stygia? Rush it says... get real.
    They did this cause no one can possibly have enough time to grind the maw for enough Stygia that it will be worth anything before the next patch hits.
    Even with this change, it's too late. It's pointless to start farming stygia on your alt now. You will get one conduit a week. Woopdity freakin do. You will replace them with world quests in 2 to 3 months. Rushing... right.
    In 2-3 months you will have a new raid to progress, if your conduits aren't maxed out, likely you will take a few more weeks to get them done via world quests (theres plenty of rubbish and offspecs and need to right specific conduit to spawn), thus you will be behind in power. but also if you do the vault each week and just a handful of quests or killing you can work towards it, and most likely anyone serious about keeping their characters up to scratch has been doing some maw, just maybe not enough to get rep done.
    But yeah, this is not about rushing, its about making people put more effort into the content when its new, then nerf it down over time to make it more alt friendly/newer player friendly etc. Thus why mounts will be available in 9.1 for the maw etc. The game has been doing this its entire life in one way or another. The fact people think this is some new trick or gimmick just shows how much people blindly want to find fault in everything blizzard does. And yeah sure it should have been this way from the beginning, there's more appropriate time gates for alts etc and locking behind a useful profession recipe that's only useful to some professions was pure stupidity aswell (I found out when I bought it on my herb/inscription shaman that it has no purpose and was just a waste of stygia for my shammy, whereas my DH LW/JC can use it, but doesn't have rep to buy it).

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    lol....more like late june to early july.

- - - Updated - - -

Uh wut? Any rep grind is done independently on all characters...you dont get the fruit of the labor from your main on your alts...you either dont bother on your alts or do the grinds...
    yeah, the faction reps. as in wotlk, tbc, cata, MoP, WoD. ok. fine. but now we do the faction reps on alts. and the maw. and the torghast. and the Covenants. and the campaign. And the adventures. and the ... omfg are you serious ? you REALLY wanna compare THIS shit, we have now to do on every alt, with the once solely existing faction reps??? christ.

its one thing to say „reps are not accountwide“. its a totally another thing to say „you have to do reps, maw, legendaries, covs, renown, campaign, and WHATEVAZ, on every fukin alt“.

i mean, by your logic: why sending gold to other chars ? come on, lets even make gold not accountwide accesible (by sending via ingame mail). so every fukin alt can grind his gold from zero.

cheesus christ.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2021-04-07 at 09:55 AM.

"and .... nobody cared"

seriusly blizz ? absolute lack of content and inventive and you come with " you can farm sockets on alts " ?

they deserve every single lost sub .

game is rotting and they still do nothing to change it.

Now make this change for all legacy factions. It's the next best thing to account wide reputations.

I just want to be able to buy legacy transmog items from reputation vendors without having to grind e.g. Ogri'la on another 2 characters.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Quote Originally Posted by TickTickTick View Post

Exactly. Blizzard look at numbers. If the numbers are going down they make QoL changes. They never do it to for the players.

Becoming more and more predictable with their little 'pull the cord' moments, if this was in at the start, I would have made more alts and played more. Now I am playing other games. Tut tut Blizzard.

Oh, look at all the people who still think this is the devs "just realizing their mistake and finally fixing it".

Right, can we have that will all reps now then?

Also get rid of that fucking Venthyr requirement for the exalted mount from The Avowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Erous View Post
    Translation: content delayed till Mid-late May.
    LOL!!!! Try July/August, guy.

10+ Year Old Account
    When does this go live? My main is h=max rep but everything is still red on my alts