Rogues and Covenant Choices

So since the redesign of Flagellation in the venthyr covenant I decided to go Venthyr about 3 weeks ago. I have been pleased with that choice ever since. But about 2 days ago I got some slack from some friends of mine saying that Necrolord is the way to go. I could have sworn I heard that Necrolord was a bag of ass and that it sucked worse then all the covenants. Please my fellow rogues is necrolord good for my assassin spec.

BY the way, I am loving assassination like no other. It feels good now.
    Be careful who you chat it up with here on these forums. If you are NOT for WoW and about WoW, people will report whatever you say and get you banned

10+ Year Old Account
    Venthyr is slightly BIS for Assassination. The other covenants are close enough to it, and to each other, that you can play with whatever you prefer.
    Last edited by Lunareste; 2021-04-01 at 11:39 PM.

Venthyr beats Necrolord on single target, which is what Assassination is used for (also higher on dungeon slice sims). Necrolord is better for AoE or extended cleave.
    Either way, you can literally pick whatever you want, except for Kyrian, and you'll be good. All 3 have their uses and come out on top in different situations.

Basically, your friends don't know what they're talking about.

I feel like once you have the brain power to play Marked for Death well in keys Bone Spike will come ahead. Just so many free combo points when both those are played well together

Quote Originally Posted by Lunareste View Post
    Venthyr is slightly BIS for Assassination. The other covenants are close enough to it, and to each other, that you can play with whatever you prefer.
    This sums it up. Necrolord has a very slight better interaction with Blade Flurry so if your content of choice is M+, it may yield slightly better results. But in general, you can go with whatever covenant in terms of raw dmg because they're very close to each other (we're talking less than 100 dps in patchwerk sims, so anything else happening will have more impact than your covenant choice).
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Venthyr > Necro >= Night Fae >>> Kyrian

Necro is sligthy above Venthyr in M+ situations.

It depends very much on your spec and the type of content you do. Venthyr is good all-round for single target fights and pvp. Necrolord is very strong in pvp and for outlaw pve. NF is still very good for sub both in pve and pvp. Kyrian is the weakest but it's not horrible by any means.

venthyr is the best for single target, id say necrolord is equal at 2 and pulls ahead at 3+. necro is bis for outlaw.
    personally i chose necrolord since its more versatile. but venthyr certainly isnt a bad choice, overall best choice for assassin raiding.

kyrian is the trash covenant now.
    Last edited by mojusk; 2021-04-06 at 12:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mojusk View Post
    venthyr is the best for single target, id say necrolord is equal at 2 and pulls ahead at 3+. necro is bis for outlaw.
    personally i chose necrolord since its more versatile. but venthyr certainly isnt a bad choice, overall best choice for assassin raiding.

kyrian is the trash covenant now.
    I thought night fae are overall bis for outlaw, at least according to Icy https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/outlaw...s-and-conduits

Then again it does say Necro are strong for multi target.

The real thing is that the difference in covenants are pretty small overall, so you're fine with any choice you make. Obviously there are BiS choices but fortunately enough we don't have shit like Convoke that makes the choice for us.

Kyrian suck but because it's a stupid design and (for me) they're totally unappealing - they fit my priest or possibly pala look-wise.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Toccs View Post
    I thought night fae are overall bis for outlaw, at least according to Icy https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/outlaw...s-and-conduits

Then again it does say Necro are strong for multi target.
    true, i just forgot that id never play outlaw in a single target situation now that assassin has been buffed.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive View Post
    I could have sworn I heard that Necrolord was a bag of ass and that it sucked worse then all the covenants.
    Serrated Bone Spike seems pretty good to me. 8.2% of my damage on a pure single target fight (Hungering Destroyer). It's even better in M+ when you can cleave and get lots of free resets.

I went Venthyr on mine, but I mainly play Sub in PvP. I thought about making a second Rogue Necrolord for the interaction of Bonespike and the Doomblade legendary for Assassination. It looks like fun.

Play what you think is interesting, the difference is negligible and doesn't not matter outside of world first guilds.

I have decided to stay Venthyr. I really really love it in raids, and paired with my trinkets, it makes my meters look really juicy...LoL
    Be careful who you chat it up with here on these forums. If you are NOT for WoW and about WoW, people will report whatever you say and get you banned