15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Just chromie time it? I see no issue here, once you finish quest x of expansion y, your default of the zone is the new version. Obviously something like that would only matter if we actually quest there, so the expansion needs to take place in azeroth again which is something alot of people are yearning for, I'm sure of it.

That being said, I very much doubt it's going to happen. We are in for a never ending ride down the power spiral of nonsense.
    Not that things blizzard states mean something since they often reconsider their decisions, but I think they said that we will not see a world revamp "like in cataclysm". I am pretty sure this means no persistent global changes. What they will do is more phasing stuff or persistent changes BUT with a bronze dragon standing near to go back in time, like in darkshore
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    I doubt they would revamp the world now when they just revamped the leveling. How would that even work? There would be two versions of the old world? One from cata era in chromie time and one from the present day? And when would we even go there?
    Yeah, there's not really much problem in having the world revamp as the new content and having cataclysm in the past era. I mean, cataclysm Azeroth already is in Chromie time, since the HL cata zones can't be access until you get flying.

I'm more worried that we will get lvl 70 and have to do old content until 50 + SL until 60, before we reach the new content.

Quote Originally Posted by Pheraz View Post
    Not that things blizzard states mean something since they often reconsider their decisions, but I think they said that we will not see a world revamp "like in cataclysm". I am pretty sure this means no persistent global changes. What they will do is more phasing stuff or persistent changes BUT with a bronze dragon standing near to go back in time, like in darkshore
    "Not like cataclysm" can mean so much things. For better or worst.

If they could use phasing to have us play the events leading to the revamp, one zone after the other, I would like that very much.

Quote Originally Posted by DatToffer View Post
    I expect so much a world revamp for 10.0 that I really need to read about other ideas over here. Else I will be really disappointed when 10.0 really comes up.
    World revamp (but what’s the storyline for this?) or we’re going to another planet, maybe Karesh or the home of the Brokers / Nathrezim. Anything else left? I don’t think so.

Dragon Isles are still out there, but I think they’re more a mystery that will never be uncovered than a potential expansion setting.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Just chromie time it? I see no issue here, once you finish quest x of expansion y, your default of the zone is the new version. Obviously something like that would only matter if we actually quest there, so the expansion needs to take place in azeroth again which is something alot of people are yearning for, I'm sure of it.

That being said, I very much doubt it's going to happen. We are in for a never ending ride down the power spiral of nonsense.
    Yeah, there's not really much problem in having the world revamp as the new content and having cataclysm in the past era. I mean, cataclysm Azeroth already is in Chromie time, since the HL cata zones can't be access until you get flying.

I'm more worried that we will get lvl 70 and have to do old content until 50 + SL until 60, before we reach the new content.
    But the Old World has like 40 zones. Having two versions of them available would take up an unnecessary ammount of space. And how would that work with Night Elves and Forsaken? Would they have a different capital city in and out of Chromie time?

Admittedly I would love a revamp, but doing it now would just cause a mess. Unless they throw out everything and revamp every continent. But that is way too much work and would also disregard the leveling revamp they implemented just now.

But the Old World has like 40 zones. Having two versions of them available would take up an unnecessary ammount of space. And how would that work with Night Elves and Forsaken? Would they have a different capital city in and out of Chromie time?

Admittedly I would love a revamp, but doing it now would just cause a mess. Unless they throw out everything and revamp every continent. But that is way too much work and would also disregard the leveling revamp they implemented just now.
    It is perfectly doable. You just need to stop thinking that we will have 40 individual zones, but rather that we have two new continents.

Nelves and Forsaken already have different capitals based on phasing, and much of the old world is horribly clashing with zones right next to them.

Remember that Orgrimmar is reeling from the loss of recent wars even as Gallywix's goons are still right over the hill in Azdhara espousing their loyalty to Garnish.

The best way to look at it is that we have a new set of zones, but if you want Chromite time or just go back to old zones you talk to a bronze dragon somewhere and swap back to the old version.

As for actual space taken I don't think it is that much by current standards. Especially if we realize how small things like new textures and some updated tree or house models can absolutely transform a zone. For proof simply look at Darkshore and what a difference simply changing the grass texture and skybox does.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

I'll admit, it will make things a lot more messy. Darkshore would have like... Three phases ? Cataclysm, BFA and New. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    World revamp (but what’s the storyline for this?) or we’re going to another planet, maybe Karesh or the home of the Brokers / Nathrezim. Anything else left? I don’t think so.

Dragon Isles are still out there, but I think they’re more a mystery that will never be uncovered than a potential expansion setting.
    Yes, very true. We still have some content on Azeroth, not really expansion's worth content, but we do.

I expect so much a world revamp for 10.0 that I really need to read about other ideas over here. Else I will be really disappointed when 10.0 really comes up.
    I've been doing the same. At some point we should all compile a list of 4-5 actually realistic expansion scenarios and hype them all up equally so we have several potential things to look forward to, rather than just one thing and then be disappointed when it isn't that.

I still like my Outland idea but aside from that, actual realistic ones might be:

1. EK & Kalimdor revamp and Lightbound invasion with faction war backdrop (but more sensible this time?)
    2. BC-esque expansion capitalizing on TBC Classic hype where we visit the Ethereal's homeworld and they become playable with Dimensius upgraded to main villain status.
    3. Something to do with Knaifu. Maybe she can also cameo in the Ethereal expansion?
    4. Maybe the Jailer doesn't die and we get a Scourge 2.0 expansion with the Dreadlords back in full force on Azeroth?

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wu View Post
    I've been doing the same. At some point we should all compile a list of 4-5 actually realistic expansion scenarios and hype them all up equally so we have several potential things to look forward to, rather than just one thing and then be disappointed when it isn't that.

I still like my Outland idea but aside from that, actual realistic ones might be:

1. EK & Kalimdor revamp and Lightbound invasion with faction war backdrop (but more sensible this time?)
    2. BC-esque expansion capitalizing on TBC Classic hype where we visit the Ethereal's homeworld and they become playable with Dimensius upgraded to main villain status.
    3. Something to do with Knaifu. Maybe she can also cameo in the Ethereal expansion?
    4. Maybe the Jailer doesn't die and we get a Scourge 2.0 expansion with the Dreadlords back in full force on Azeroth?
    What if those fuckers decide to go full AGE OF SIGMAR on this shit ?

Imagine Shadowlands, but we get a covenant for each cosmic force ? I think that can only be either terrible or epic. Maybe epically terrible.

But I guess we'll get something Light and Void related, most likely.

Maybe we'll finally see Azeroth emerge as a titan.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I'll admit, it will make things a lot more messy. Darkshore would have like... Three phases ? Cataclysm, BFA and New. lol
    If they want to do revamp, they need to do it from scratch. So WoD 'revamp' instead of Cata. Cata world should be just put behind Caverns of Time portal.

It's not about recreating Draenor, though. For example Frostfire Ridge is gone and never coming back.

It'd be about rejuvenating Outland and what it is. One of the cool things about that concept is that there could be some genuine trailblazing happening. Brand new zones, maybe founded by the community itself? Name, look, and atmosphere kind of like a region-wide AQ event to shape an entire zone? I think it'd be massively cool.

The thing is both versions have insane potential to tape into. Outland has the portals potentially leading to dozens other realms, a wide history and much to struggle with. Draenor is one continent of a whole world to explore. The Ogre-continent in the south alone -- though technically it could still exist as a floating continent in our reality -- could be the space of a great expansion. Not to mention the playable races having their home there.

Recreating a third version would mean too much effort, but maybe Blizz could use elements of both, with AU Draenor as basis. I mean both worlds seem to be dying, Outland by crumbling, Draenor by the forces which stablized its timeline running out(my guess), so mixing them would be my answer. Not as a place for a new expansion(the community would groan) but as a start for the next.

AQ event sounds great! Maybe as pre-event to kick-start the merger.

5+ Year Old Account
    We definitely need some more Knaifu. She just fucked up to god knows where and we don't even know WHAT she actually is. I still think she is an Old God.

Time skip is coming I can feel it in my bones

Would love for the next expansion, we go back to our originally levels, and igear, so we start off in 10.0 at level 130 and like i1400 gear. And then the new expansion is back to one huge continent all zones connected, and the leveling would be from 130 to 140, and we gear up up from like i1400 to i1600. And reset all previous expansions and Legacy Raids to what they were originally.

And no scaling of creatures in the new expansion, if you start off at i1400 gear, and the World Quest mobs are also i1400, but once your i1500, the world quest monsters would still be i1400.

And there would be no game systems like Artifacts or AP. No Azerite no Essences no Corruption gear. No Covenants or Anima or Soulbinds garbage. Nothing like that whatsoever in 10.0.

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Stealth and guile. That's what.
    So a Rogue (specifically Outlaw) with a 2h Sword?
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

10+ Year Old Account
    As much as I'd enjoy a world revamp and expansion where we deal with the problems of Azeroth (I'm even currently storyboarding one just for fun), I honestly don't think that's coming in 10.0 due in part to the delays around Shadowlands. Given all the trouble the current WoW team has dealing with 4 zones and the usual array of content to follow, it's hard for me to see them coming back with a full revamp of everything. They were quicker about it when Cata came out and even then there are some zones that were just flat out ignored.

Right now, I think the Dragon Isles are the most likely contender for the next expansion. It gets us on Azeroth, it's a spot we haven't seen in WoW, it brings a lot of the dragonflight issues to the forefront, and there are plenty of race/class designs that can go with it. Undermine is a possibility, though I really see that more as a capital city rather than a full expansion. We could also go to the remains of K'aresh for a Light vs. Void expansion. Finally, we could see at long last what is on the other side of Azeroth. Each of those concepts give Blizz room to do their usual 4-6 zone setup while still allowing the stakes to get higher plot-wise as they almost certainly will.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    So a Rogue (specifically Outlaw) with a 2h Sword?
    No.
    Outlaw Rogue is sort of a Pirate.
    Blademaster is a Samurai.

Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    Time skip is coming I can feel it in my bones
    Wishful thinking for me. I try not to hype myself too much.

Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    As much as I'd enjoy a world revamp and expansion where we deal with the problems of Azeroth (I'm even currently storyboarding one just for fun)
    I'm curious to read it ! And I might try my hand at one !

Wishful thinking for me. I try not to hype myself too much.

I'm curious to read it ! And I might try my hand at one !
    I wrote a quick sketch for a world revamp a while back. The basic gist of it was rediscovering Azeroth after all the world ending events. Main reputations wereexpeditionary forces for Alliance and Horde and central themes were around rebuilding and accepting hte past.

The most distinct part I had written for it though was an epic sstoryline centering around the former Lordaeron lands andboth the human and forsaken that wanted to live there, with extremist groups on both sides wanting to have the land for themselves.

Much of the story was essentially boiling down to nostalgia though, at least the initial raid, with a revisit to the BfA subplot of Dark Iron Dwarves ressurecting Ragnaros.

I would probably change things if I wrote it now though, it was written back when Torghast was still a new and novel concept, and like most people making fake leaks I made the common mistake of adding a mechanic from a previous expansion into a new one wholesale.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I wrote a quick sketch for a world revamp a while back. The basic gist of it was rediscovering Azeroth after all the world ending events. Main reputations wereexpeditionary forces for Alliance and Horde and central themes were around rebuilding and accepting hte past.

The most distinct part I had written for it though was an epic sstoryline centering around the former Lordaeron lands andboth the human and forsaken that wanted to live there, with extremist groups on both sides wanting to have the land for themselves.

Much of the story was essentially boiling down to nostalgia though, at least the initial raid, with a revisit to the BfA subplot of Dark Iron Dwarves ressurecting Ragnaros.

I would probably change things if I wrote it now though, it was written back when Torghast was still a new and novel concept, and like most people making fake leaks I made the common mistake of adding a mechanic from a previous expansion into a new one wholesale.
    I see. Well most of our desire for a world revamp is driven by nostalgia anyway. Your idea for Lordaeron is pretty good and it shows that those who wish a revamp mostly to see an actual evolution from all the events started since cataclysm.

I personally would chose the birth of Titan Azeroth as the starting point of a revamp extension, with her and Magni guiding us to the damaged areas of the world to deal with the numerous problems.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I personally would chose the birth of Titan Azeroth as the starting point of a revamp extension, with her and Magni guiding us to the damaged areas of the world to deal with the numerous problems.
    That's probable scenario too. From theme perspective BfA was sorta kinda MoP 2.0, and SL is WoD 2.0. 10.0 could be Legion 2.0 - "end of the world expansion", likely major Light vs Void clash set on Azeroth (Dragon Isles?). Crushing sword in Silithus and Azeroth birth there would be perfect ending.

Then 11.0 would be time skip and complete revamp. Although I would prefer new zones to be more "pristine" or rather I should say not so heavily connected to current expansion like back in Cata.