7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    I didn't mean just them. Those are the ones listed.
    But, i don't wanna see a Tauren Dark Ranger. Would you? they are not agile, in the least.
    Giving everyone everything just ruins lore and immersion. Look at how ridiculous Gnome and Vulpera Death Knights are.
    I want races with a ranger or necromancy background..
    what is the problem of tauren dark ranger? are you going to be a fantasy racist about this class too?

your personal taste is not a norm, people like different things, seems like this explain a lot of your problem on the other topic as well.

7+ Year Old Account
    Give us a Bard class with support/healing/dps as specs. Then also rework the specs on some other classes to be "support". Make WoW a 4 pillar game rather than 3 pillars like now. Ideal groups would be Tank/Heal/Support/DPS/DPS. Going with 3 DPS would still be doable, just slightly behind having a true support character in the group. WoW could use a big change like this to the core gameplay to freshen it up.

You might ask where would these other support specs come from? Some ideas:
    Disciple Priest - Reworked to be support.
    Survival Hunter - Reworked to be a support class involving traps and ground effects that buff the party or debuff enemies, etc.
    Arcane Mage - Deleted. Reworked into the Enchanter, a support spec.
    Subtlety Rogue - Reworked into a support spec, debuffing enemies with crippling attacks or granting opportunities for your party to deal extra damage.
    Enhancement Shaman - Reworked into a spec focused on party buffs and totems to debuff enemies.

Of course lots of gameplay with have to be developed to make it fun and engaging. There should be lots of decisions to make for support characters as they go. I'm not thinking just a cast buff and afk for 10 minutes class. It would be all short term and reactionary powers that you keep up with just like dps characters keep up with their abilities while they play.
    Last edited by Mask; 2021-04-06 at 06:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    what is the problem of tauren dark ranger? are you going to be a fantasy racist about this class too?

your personal taste is not a norm, people like different things, seems like this explain a lot of your problem on the other topic as well.
    Oh, sorry i'm not liberal and progressive like you that refuses to assume one's gender.
    And i apologize ahead that this is a fantasy roleplaying game for just that, exactly.
    Giving everyone Death Knight is wrong.
    Giving everyone Monk is wrong.
    What's the point of lore and iconic races, if we're just gonna shit all over it?
    Let's just give everyone everything. I'm sure that will sort things out...

3+ Year Old Account
    Sorry to burst our bubble, but that was an April Fools.
    Though, last time, they joked about having necklaces on your character, and we did get them as customization.
    I'm actually really surprized that we didn't get necklaces for all races

I guess it's Coming Soon tm ?

As much as Dragonsworn sounds innovative, Blizzard has yet to add a new class from the RPG.
    Integrate it into one (Necromancer/Runemaster), maybe. But, not base it on it.
    Sound pretty cool to me. But.. how would a Rune Necromancer play? And.. would it use Mail?

The guy lacks imagination and does not count on Blizzard to do their thing.
    The company, literally, produced Mistweaver, Windwalker and Vengeance specs out of their ass.
    This is 100% true. If Blizzard has an idea for a Class, they just... do stuff, and make new lore. Retconned or brand new
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Sound pretty cool to me. But.. how would a Rune Necromancer play? And.. would it use Mail?

No. I meant they, already, did that:

"The necromancer class was one of three front runners to becoming the first hero class released with Wrath of the Lich King, however, the ideas surrounding them were incorporated into the death knight. (The two other front runners being runemasters and monks.)"

"When the designers were discussing what the new hero class in Wrath of the Lich King would be, the runemaster was again brought up as a possibility. It was envisioned as a rogue- or monk-type melee class who wrote runes on their bodies to give them different physical powers. The runemaster was eventually merged into the death knight (along with the necromancer) and later with the monk."

As much as Dragonsworn sounds innovative, Blizzard has yet to add a new class from the RPG.
    Yet RPG-based classes have been in consideration since WoW Alpha.

We know for a fact that Runemaster was a runner up in consideration as a 'non-typical Spellcaster', a spot which went to the Warlock.

Kevin Jordan:
    Our original goal for the 9 classes we settled on was to bring in all the hero classes from the Warcraft RTS games. We also wanted them to be open ended concepts so that various races could attach to it and make it their own. For example, we didn't set out to make the Dwarven Mountain King, Tauren Chieftain and Orc Berserker. We made the Warrior, so that any of those could become a reality based on other choices made by the player (race, weapons, etc., note that this was before talents were dreamed up).

After we had the basics covered, we also wanted to have a freak class that was unusual and different from the standard RPG tropes. It came down to two choices. The Warlock and the Runemaster. Warlock KO'd Runemaster! :P

Dragonsworn are fairly well established in the community. People know what this is, even if we don't have a formal class or unit in any game to represent it. It's a pretty straight-forward concept.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...venturers_are/

Blizzard has yet to do a lot of things, and it's just a matter of time if they do.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2021-04-06 at 08:47 PM.

I would rather see some of the other classes fleshed out and improved, where they are otherwise kind of boring.

Warrior: Make Gladiator Stance actually work, so that Sword and Board DPS is viable.

Shaman: Enhancement reimagined as Earthwarder, a Tank spec. Elemental reimagined as a hybrid melee/ranged spec. Think Avengers' Thor.

Monk: Allow Windwalker Monk to use 2-Hand Weapons, and reimagined as Blademaster.

Rogue: Assassination turned into a Ranged Spec that can use Bows, Crossbows and Guns and reimagined as Dark Ranger.

Hunter: Survival Hunter can Dual Wield one handed weapons. Can use any Pet as a Mount.

Mage: Arcane turned into a Healing Spec and reimagined as Chronomancy.

Druid: Allow Druids to copy the appearance of NPC Beasts to use as Shapeshift forms similar to Hunter Pet Taming.

Death Knight: Unholy reimagined as a Staff Wielding Ranged DPS aka Necromancer.

Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    I would rather see some of the other classes fleshed out and improved, where they are otherwise kind of boring.

Warrior: Make Gladiator Stance actually work, so that Sword and Board DPS is viable.

Shaman: Enhancement reimagined as Earthwarder, a Tank spec. Elemental reimagined as a hybrid melee/ranged spec. Think Avengers' Thor.

Monk: Allow Windwalker Monk to use 2-Hand Weapons, and reimagined as Blademaster.

Rogue: Assassination turned into a Ranged Spec that can use Bows, Crossbows and Guns and reimagined as Dark Ranger.

Hunter: Survival Hunter can Dual Wield one handed weapons. Can use any Pet as a Mount.

Druid: Allow Druids to copy the appearance of NPC Beasts to use as Shapeshift forms similar to Hunter Pet Taming.

wow, so take everything that was done to survival, turn it to 11 and make it much worse for half the playable classes....

3+ Year Old Account

Isn't this basically what GW2 Elite Specs are?
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

10+ Year Old Account
    It'd be bad, that's what it'd be.

5+ Year Old Account

Only 4th specs that i would liked to see :

Monk chi-based caster that shoots jade serpents formed Hadouken.

Shaman earth-sand based tank , and that would allow to separate Elemental shaman(fire and lava) from Enhancement shaman (wind and lightening).
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Next Class will be Dark Rangers. Sorry Tinker fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeenith View Post
    wow, so take everything that was done to survival, turn it to 11 and make it much worse for half the playable classes....
    No way, I think what they did with Survival sucked and there's more room for improvement to turn it into a Rexxar-like class and the Primal class from the Warcraft RPG.

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Primal

Primals are those warriors who revel in their bestial rage and give into it completely. As they slowly take on an increasingly beast-like appearance, they also gain powerful and violent abilities.[1] Primals believe that every creature is inhabited by a dark, primeval essence. They hold to the notion that each and every living soul is haunted by a beastly force, and that those who accept this fact can eventually ascend to another level of existence - one that is more primitive, but also more connected to nature and the animal kingdom. Though very few can fathom the existence of this whimsical force, primeval characters strive to unlock its secrets. They call this pristine essence "the beast within". Primals believe that once someone has accepted the beast within himself, he must learn not to suppress it — as most civilized folks were brought up to do. Indeed, the character must welcome it into his heart and soul in order to call upon it in times of need. Thus, primals can tap this essence and channel the instincts, strength, and fury only the beast within can provide.

Survival Hunter has a long way to go before fulfilling that fantasy but it's on the right track. Outlaw Rogue is a perfect example of a boring class with no character reimagined as something very interesting, and I rarely see anyone complain about Outlaw Rogue and wish for the old Combat spec to come back. Other classes could benefit big time from the same treatment.

The Demon Hunter can wield swords and axes.
    And, i didn't mean by abilities. I meant by weapon types which, they can already wield:
    Weapon types: Axe, Bow, Crossbow, Dagger, Scythe, Sword.

I didn't mean just them. Those are the ones listed.
    But, i don't wanna see a Tauren Dark Ranger. Would you? they are not agile, in the least.
    Giving everyone everything just ruins lore and immersion. Look at how ridiculous Gnome and Vulpera Death Knights are.
    I want races with a ranger or necromancy background.

I gave you more examples than Forsaken Hunters, which you chose to disregard. -_-

No, not a class. A spec.
    Whether it is alongside Priestess of the Moon and Sea Witch, or alongside Warden.

Giving it to everybody is not wise, either.

Well, their necromancy comes from their undead natures:
    "after being raised into undeath by Arthas Menethil, Sylvanas found herself out of touch with the wilds, which was replaced by necromancy, making her a dark ranger."

Otherwise, they would be just Rangers.
    Though, this one seems quite alive:

Not necessarily.
    A Hunter would be a Ranger, who is more in touch with the wilds.
    Nobody? how about the countless other Dark Rangers?

Sorry to burst our bubble, but that was an April Fools.
    Though, last time, they joked about having necklaces on your character, and we did get them as customization.

No, not at all.
    Look at my class concept, page 108.
    There's much more than just the 4 WC3 abilities.

The guy lacks imagination and does not count on Blizzard to do their thing.
    The company, literally, produced Mistweaver, Windwalker and Vengeance specs out of their ass.
    Sea Witch is even less likely to happen because that's a Naga only thing. And the Naga are still enemies of both factions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bryroo View Post
    No it really won't be. Dark Ranger has barely enough unique and interesting things about it to make it a spec let alone an entire class.

Quote Originally Posted by bryroo View Post
    We need a cloth class because there hasn't been any and as much as i want a tinker i think the next one will be necromancer because of the simple fact that is way more popular than the others and blizz wants money plus it could fit with the shadowlands thematic for future buildup.
    Last edited by Soimu; 2021-04-07 at 05:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soimu View Post
    We need a cloth class because there hasn't been any
    By your own logic "we need" another mail ranged weapon class, the two lowest represented things in the game. Since we all know it wont be tinker, dark ranger fits the bill. I guess it could be bard, but that doesn't really feel like a fit for wow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    By your own logic "we need" another mail ranged weapon class, the two lowest represented things in the game. Since we all know it wont be tinker, dark ranger fits the bill. I guess it could be bard, but that doesn't really feel like a fit for wow.
    By my logic i mean among the all new classes introduced there hasn't been a cloth one and necro fits, dark ranger no but considering how fcked up wow lore is blizz could find a way i guess.
    Last edited by Soimu; 2021-04-07 at 05:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Yet RPG-based classes have been in consideration since WoW Alpha.

We know for a fact that Runemaster was a runner up in consideration as a 'non-typical Spellcaster', a spot which went to the Warlock.

Kevin Jordan:

Dragonsworn are fairly well established in the community. People know what this is, even if we don't have a formal class or unit in any game to represent it. It's a pretty straight-forward concept.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...venturers_are/

Blizzard has yet to do a lot of things, and it's just a matter of time if they do.
    I like that that they mention the Tauren Chieftain, the Mountain King, the Orc Berserker, but not the Blademaster when talking about the Warrior class.
    A note to sygfreyd.

As for the Runemaster:
    "The runemaster was considered as a playable class in classic World of Warcraft but was scrapped early in development. According to John Staats, runemasters were replaced by druids, while according to Kevin Jordan they were replaced by warlocks in the role of a "freak class" that differed from standard RPG tropes".

So, even they couldn't, really, decide what it is.

And, I didn't talk about Vanilla classes, but new ones.
    Moreover, consideration is one thing. Implementing them is another. You can see how they were considered for a Hero class, but were replaced by the Death Knight and, eventually, integrated into it (and into the Monk).

The community is not Blizzard.
    They, also, have a Bard concept in mind. Doesn't, really, mean it is, potentially, viable.
    Though, Allied races and customization was a community idea. So, i don't rule that out, completely.

Hell to the no.
    Cosmetic option, maybe.

Warrior - i agree with Gladiator stance being a thing. Two-handed weapon while wielding a shield is missing.

Shaman - Enhancement should be Far Seer/Shaman (Thrall/Rehgar) units based, not a tank.
    As for Elemental, i agree with adding melee to it. Not so much as in Thor, but things like Lava Lash (that should be a main-hand attack) and Flametongue.

Monk - still do think Blademaster should be its own thing, despite the similarities.

Rogue - Dark Ranger should be its own thing. Leave Assassination as a poison master.

Hunter - More like Beast Mastery, so that it will be closer to Rexxar. The mount thing doesn't concern me.

Arcane - Not a healing spec. More time spells, yes. But, an Arcanist through and through.

Druid - Cosmetic. I don't mind.

Death Knight - No. The Runeblade is an essential part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    Shaman earth-sand based tank , and that would allow to separate Elemental shaman(fire and lava) from Enhancement shaman (wind and lightening).
    Nailed it.

No way, I think what they did with Survival sucked and there's more room for improvement to turn it into a Rexxar-like class and the Primal class from the Warcraft RPG.

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Primal

Primals are those warriors who revel in their bestial rage and give into it completely. As they slowly take on an increasingly beast-like appearance, they also gain powerful and violent abilities.[1] Primals believe that every creature is inhabited by a dark, primeval essence. They hold to the notion that each and every living soul is haunted by a beastly force, and that those who accept this fact can eventually ascend to another level of existence - one that is more primitive, but also more connected to nature and the animal kingdom. Though very few can fathom the existence of this whimsical force, primeval characters strive to unlock its secrets. They call this pristine essence "the beast within". Primals believe that once someone has accepted the beast within himself, he must learn not to suppress it — as most civilized folks were brought up to do. Indeed, the character must welcome it into his heart and soul in order to call upon it in times of need. Thus, primals can tap this essence and channel the instincts, strength, and fury only the beast within can provide.

Survival Hunter has a long way to go before fulfilling that fantasy but it's on the right track. Outlaw Rogue is a perfect example of a boring class with no character reimagined as something very interesting, and I rarely see anyone complain about Outlaw Rogue and wish for the old Combat spec to come back. Other classes could benefit big time from the same treatment.
    Survival shouldn't be Rexxar-like or Primal inspired. It should be Headhunter/Berserker type.
    Leave Rexxar to the Beast Mastery spec.
    Primal describes more of a Beast Mastery than anything - with being so wild that you turn animalistic (animal mimicry - aspect of the [...]).
    It could even be called a Druidic thing.
    Survival should have never been a Ranger archetype. They should take that out, to make room for a Dark Ranger, Priestess of the Moon and Sea Witch.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Sea Witch is even less likely to happen because that's a Naga only thing. And the Naga are still enemies of both factions.

No it really won't be. Dark Ranger has barely enough unique and interesting things about it to make it a spec let alone an entire class.
    And the Monk was a Pandaren-tied class.
    I don't see a reason to add Dark Ranger and Priestess of the Moon, but no Sea Witch. That would be a waste.
    And things like animosity are not a problem. We have allied with races like the Mogu, who were always hostile.

Your opinion.
    Same would have been said about the Demon Hunters. And its right to the point that they only got 2 specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Soimu View Post
    We need a cloth class because there hasn't been any and as much as i want a tinker i think the next one will be necromancer because of the simple fact that is way more popular than the others and blizz wants money plus it could fit with the shadowlands thematic for future buildup.
    Doubt.

I like that that they mention the Tauren Chieftain, the Mountain King, the Orc Berserker, but not the Blademaster when talking about the Warrior class.
    A note to sygfreyd.

As for the Runemaster:
    "The runemaster was considered as a playable class in classic World of Warcraft but was scrapped early in development. According to John Staats, runemasters were replaced by druids, while according to Kevin Jordan they were replaced by warlocks in the role of a "freak class" that differed from standard RPG tropes".

So, even they couldn't, really, decide what it is.

And, I didn't talk about Vanilla classes, but new ones.
    Moreover, consideration is one thing. Implementing them is another. You can see how they were considered for a Hero class, but were replaced by the Death Knight and, eventually, integrated into it (and into the Monk).

The community is not Blizzard.
    They, also, have a Bard concept in mind. Doesn't, really, mean it is, potentially, viable.
    Though, Allied races and customization was a community idea. So, i don't rule that out, completely.

Hell to the no.
    Cosmetic option, maybe.

Warrior - i agree with Gladiator stance being a thing. Two-handed weapon while wielding a shield is missing.

Shaman - Enhancement should be Far Seer/Shaman (Thrall/Rehgar) units based, not a tank.
    As for Elemental, i agree with adding melee to it. Not so much as in Thor, but things like Lava Lash (that should be a main-hand attack) and Flametongue.

Monk - still do think Blademaster should be its own thing, despite the similarities.

Rogue - Dark Ranger should be its own thing. Leave Assassination as a poison master.

Hunter - More like Beast Mastery, so that it will be closer to Rexxar. The mount thing doesn't concern me.

Arcane - Not a healing spec. More time spells, yes. But, an Arcanist through and through.

Druid - Cosmetic. I don't mind.

Death Knight - No. The Runeblade is an essential part of it.

Nailed it.

Survival shouldn't be Rexxar-like or Primal inspired. It should be Headhunter/Berserker type.
    Leave Rexxar to the Beast Mastery spec.
    Primal describes more of a Beast Mastery than anything - with being so wild that you turn animalistic (animal mimicry - aspect of the [...]).
    It could even be called a Druidic thing.
    Survival should have never been a Ranger archetype. They should take that out, to make room for a Dark Ranger, Priestess of the Moon and Sea Witch.

And the Monk was a Pandaren-tied class.
    I don't see a reason to add Dark Ranger and Priestess of the Moon, but no Sea Witch. That would be a waste.
    And things like animosity are not a problem. We have allied with races like the Mogu, who were always hostile.

Your opinion.
    Same would have been said about the Demon Hunters. And its right to the point that they only got 2 specs.

Doubt.
    I don't see Priestess of the Moon happening either because there actually is nothing unique about them. In WC3 they were literally just hunters who could cast Starfall.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    I don't see Priestess of the Moon happening either because there actually is nothing unique about them. In WC3 they were literally just hunters who could cast Starfall.
    Do you have to quote the whole thing everytime?

It's happening. Trust me.
    They expanded The Priestess of the Moon fantasy and gameplay in Battle for Azeroth, with the Night Warrior. Now, they also dual-wields glaives in melee combat. And, this is just the tip of the iceberg. We know, almost, nothing about the Night Warrior gameplay and abilities. In Heroes of the Storm, Tyrande is a Healer with healing capabilities. And, of course, there are the lunar spells. So, it's more than just a Hunter.