Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

If they added a new playable race, what would it be?

What race will be the next one to be playable?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm hoping Ogres for Horde and... I don't know for the Alliance. Redeemed Naga? Alliance needs more ugly, bestial races.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

7+ Year Old Account
    Ogre
    Naga
    Satyr
    Vrykul
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Furbolgs and Ogres: they are literally 5th playable race of alliance/horde since classic in the (non-canon anymore) rpg books
    I don't understand or even like why they aren't in wow yet, they are more important and creative than half of allied races, who are just hd versions of already existing races
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

On the horizon? The 4 Shadowlands covenant races.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably yet another elf.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Kyrian, Night Fae, Vampires, and The thicc necrolords.

Arakkoa!

This could be a fantastic opportunity to allow for the arakkoa to become playable and part of the horde. Their interest in the esoteric and fascination of the otherworldly, their study of the occult and mastery of dark sorcery and shadow magics, screams and squawks shadowlands! We horde need a race who dabbles in the more …puzzling things, the arakkoa would make a nice addition to our silhouette of rag tag members and enrich our ranks and family by rounding our diverse kits with those of less understood arts. Accessing and traveling to and uncovering one of existence’s more mysterious realms would spark enthusiasm and curiosity among our feathered friends. They’ve been traversing shadow realms, peering through mystical orbs of swirling clouds into the unknown, and concoct and carry elixirs, sprinkle shadow dusts, and slice with dark knives to pierce the veil between worlds. Always eager and spirited to help their horde friends, especially when it involves the mystifying, they could offer their insight and lend their wisdom, along with their own natural curiosity and seeking of knowledge, and possibly aid us with a way to travel to and from the shadowlands.

Always wanted to play as arakkoa, I’ve been playing since 2004 and love this game and the world blizzard is building, and arakkoa would truly excite me to play forever!

The clever, kooky, wise, and whimsical birdfolk, with their shadowy arts yet big warm hearts (our friendly arakkoa are rather hospitable and spirited), with their collections of baubles and trinkets and knickknacks, would be needed and welcomed sages in our travels through the unknowable. They’ve always held a special, mystifying place in my heart - the way trinkets and curious knickknacks hold a place in theirs.

Perhaps their magic and rituals wane and it is due to the shadowlands’ plight and it’s plane being torn, and so the arakkoa will leave their huts and tree homes, on talon, and travel from their shady branches and gnarled roots and dusky areas, on a trek beneath the cover of sunless skies and slipping through shadow realms, and out of sight from the uncursed arrakoa who reside high above, to Azeroth, where they skulk and hide no longer, to Azeroth, where they can flourish and rise to their true potential and not be oppressed beneath the uncursed, to Azeroth and to their new family, to be welcomed by, to be one with, and to be home among the horde.

The uncursed arakkoa can join the alliance. They have a the shining sun as their symbol and power and cherished reverence, while the moon(s) belong to the hearts of the dark arakkoa, a source of inspiration and power - the ultimate trinket! The cursed arakkoa could offer great insight to mysteries such as elune (or their interpretation of her) while the uncursed who worship the sun could reintroduce the sun’s presence into wow lore and to fans, similarly to the tauren’s An’she.

Arakkoa have a sun and moon, dawn and dusk thing going on which fits in nicely with other culture’s. Arakkoa on the horde are dusk, while the arakkoa on the alliance are dawn. Dawn and Dusk Arakkoa, a race with different appearances, racials, and unique histories, motives cultures, and so on, due to their background(s). awesome! can’t wait!

here are some racials

These are some dark, cool, useful, fun and shadowy abilities that I think would lend themselves well to the wise, kooky, crooked and cool, trinkety, warm and big-hearted arakkoa, and fit their smart, shadowy kit. The cursed arakkoa which are my favorite.

Preen, they perch or sit quietly, entering their clear mind or a meditative state which removes all negative effects and heals them.

Rook, an ability that switches places with an enemy! This has tons of fun and use and fits the clever and shadowy race and their use of piercing the veils between realms. The enemy would be placed where the arakkoa was, having to readjust to his or her surroundings, and the arakkoa will now be where the enemy just was! Perhaps the arakkoa will scrawl a rune on the ground and after a brief channel of shaky feathers and concentration, the target and the arakkoa swap! Or perhaps it’s an instant snap of their talons and the clever trick has begun.

Effigy, place an effigy of the arakkoa which all damage and or affects are redirected to. Like an arakkoa scarecrow that takes the negative incoming stuff instead, while the arakkoa is protected from harm by it’s effigy. Perhaps when the effigy has had it’s fill of damage and effects, it crumbles or fades into a shadow realm, or perhaps it explodes with all the effects and damage applied to the attacker(s) or leaves a swirl of dark energy in the area the effigy was standing.

Crystal Ball, no arakkoa is far from their twisty trinkets and dark dusts and of course their otherworldly orbs into which they peer. Arakkoa gaze into their orbs of swirling shadow, predicting the next move(s) an enemy will make, and therefore preventing the attacks or even inflicts them upon the enemy instead!

Fowl Play, enter a shadow or realm, by sprinkling dreamy shadow dust from one of their treasured pouches, allowing the arakkoa to be unable to be targeted or seen because they are on a different plane. While phased, they can traverse the realm and inflict damage or healing from beyond the other side of the veil for a bit before reentering reality. Used more for defensive or evasive maneuvers (escape) but may apply curses and do some damage while phased.

Exile, sends the enemy into a shadow realm. Where they must fight the arakkoa’s shadow to be able to exit. If the arakkoa player chooses to enter the realm, they may do so, and will naturally be buffed while inside. Or this could be a banish where they send the enemy to the shadow realm where they cannot interact or cause harm.

Bird brain, arakkoa’s love and reverence for their trinkets; both shiny and shadowy, allows them to peer deeper into their beloved baubles, cherished curios, and exactly realize their ‘objects’s of affection’s’ full potential! As a passive, trinkets become doubly useful, with increased stats compared to all other races. Or perhaps it will be more fun for the player if blizzard could do this; upon receiving a trinket, the arakkoa uses Cherish, an arakkoan ability/spell with a long cast time that unlocks a trinket’s true strength and bond, boosting a trinket triply so. Stats increased triple and reduces use effects trinkets cd by triple.

Messenger Pigeon, transports attached messages or very small parcels from the place where it is released to a friend or destination. A kilari, owl, falcon (or bird of player’s choice) equipped with a scroll-stuffed satchel descends and can be used as mailbox anywhere when whistled for! Unlike a standard mailbox, the bird can be utilized as a way to personally deliver mail to friends. Friends will be visited by the toting bird, and be able to receive mail and packages from their arakkoa buddy just like a carrier pigeon! If there is room in the arakkoa’s bank, the messenger pigeon can drop items off in the bank as well, freeing up bag space for the wise and whimsical arakkoa adventurer! Wouldn’t it be exciting to have a winged visitor arrive while you’re questing, with news or items from a far-off arakkoa buddy?

Dark Migration, calls forth a flock of birds to aid in combat, surrounding the arakkoa with an impenetrable whirlwind of crows, ravens or other other shadowy birds, and harming attackers who dare attempt to strike while the arakkoa is protected.

Birds of a Feather, when arakkoa are near their kin, their awareness becomes heightened and senses strengthened. As an arakkoa is assisted by his flock, their knowledge and evasiveness grows, increasing intellect, crit and evasiveness. The larger the flock grows, the greater the buff!

Wicked Plumage, the arakkoa’s natural cloak of cursed feathers will cause the first assault by an attacker to reflect and their assailant’s mind to break, sending them into a fearful panic.

Roost or Nest, receive double rest xp!

I love the cursed, crooked and cool arakkoa the best, so I’d only want to play as them. They’re are a spirited bunch even though they’ve had a past of suffering. I like their curious nature, their enthusiasm and slight obsession with the occult, with the less knowable puzzles of reality, their adoration for treasures and knickknacks, and despite being bent, they have never broken. Their warm-hearted ways and eagerness show that even those who delve in shadow and dabble in dark arts can be trusted and loyal companions, friends, and hopefully horde members.

Perhaps through some new discovered lore or advancement in their story, they can relearn how to fly. Flying would be nice for them.

I would love a hooded shawl as part of the heritage armor, and a crystal orb with real swirling smoke inside, possibly hanging from a rope belt or in a sack, a belt lined with pockets of dusts and pouches for treasures, and trinkets, a scroll-stuffed satchel and trailing robes.

I’ve always loved the arakkoa, and longed to be able to play as one. The cursed arakkoa culture and aesthetic fits the horde but also enriches the horde and
    compliments us, while also giving us a kit we don’t have yet, a feathered race and one who dabbles in the stranger, more unknowable mysteries out there.

One of my favorite races in anything ever, not just in warcraft! Skraaa! These would be a new playable race, not allied races.

I love their shadowy and wise yet slightly kooky culture(s); they’re crooked appearance is awesome, they’re drawn to collecting trinkets, and like clever, puzzle-fascinated crows, peer into realms through smokey orbs of swirling, purple dust, and travel through shadows! A little demented but what bird-brain isn’t - and underneath the hunched, shifty silhouette of dusky plumage, is the clever, keen and warm-hearted Arakkoa. This is the race I’m most looking forward to becoming a playable! Sqraaawk!
    Last edited by dunkl; 2021-04-07 at 10:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    I'm hoping Ogres for Horde and... I don't know for the Alliance. Redeemed Naga? Alliance needs more ugly, bestial races.
    Jinyu is my choice
    I expected it in BfA but they dropped the ball

Most people here are responding with what they want. The truth is we really don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by RayoftheSun View Post
    Most people here are responding with what they want. The truth is we really don't know.
    We can.
    Based on the playability of NPCs.

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    We can.
    So you are saying Gronn are not on the table?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    We can.
    Not necessarily. Naga and thin humans both have custom options unique to their own npcs, can wear playable armor, are listed under races in wowmodel viewer and have geosets, yet they aren't playable. Plus its always possible blizzard could release an allied race that we don't even see through data mining till the patch it is to be playable. In the case of naga they also have unique rigs also have working male and female models seperate from some of the naga creature models. Also don't forget that some people were saying mechagnomes wouldn't be playable since they didn't have transmogs working for some slots. Then you have nightborne who didn't even have working player models till they were playable. Occasionally someone gets lucky and guesses correctly, but work done on npcs doesn't always mean it is definitive they will be playable.
    Last edited by RayoftheSun; 2021-04-08 at 01:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd love to see the (winged/"high") Arrakoa from Draenor join the Alliance, and the Ogri'la faction of Ogres from Outland join the Horde.

As the both of these races have history with the Apexis Crystals -- the high Arrakoa built their civilization around the crystal, and the Ogri'la Ogres achieved intelligence from them -- I find that these 2 factions would have an interesting rivalry.

The Arrakoa coming over from the "past" and saying they are the rightful owners/handlers of the crytals and the Ogri'lan more-or-less saying "this is ours now" or "you're in the wrong timeline, kiddos" or some shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    now here's an original thread we've never seen before....

Hopefully nothing. the game has enough terrible races. If there is going to be another race, I pray it isn't one of the terrible Shadowlands covenant races.

On the Horde I'd want Ogres, Hozen, Taunka and Timbermaw Furbolg. I want Sporelings, Quilboar and Kobolds as well but they're never gonna happen.

For the Alliance I'd want Jinyu, Arrakoa Outcasts (the BC ones, not the WoD ones), Broken and Stillpine Furbolg
    'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

10+ Year Old Account
    All I really would want is Arakkoa or Tortollan, but since they're not gonna happen I don't know. I'm sure the Devs can pull Ogres if they really want to

it would be that race that plays a major role in the next expansion and for that race all models etc already exists.

why? because Blizz always aims at 2 things:

1) cost effectiveness
    means that they wanna use something thats already there. therefore they dont have to invest much. for such things like this, they will always use the „recycling method“. i.e. if the next xpac is a void/nether based xpac, they will colorize and somewhat change i.e. the etherreals and make a new race of it, that is prominent in the new xpac. if they also allow you to play a new race, its this one. why: its cheap.

2) prominence
    if they i.e. do a void/nether xpac, they will not give ogres to you, as playable race. because a playable race has always a dedication to the actual xpac. see allied races, cata goblins, TBC bloodelfes and so on.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2021-04-08 at 03:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    it would be that race that plays a major role in the next expansion and for that race all models etc already exists.

why? because Blizz always aims at 2 things:

1) cost effectiveness
    means that they wanna use something thats already there. therefore they dont have to invest much. for such things like this, they will always use the „recycling method“. i.e. if the next xpac is a void/nether based xpac, they will colorize and somewhat change i.e. the etherreals and make a new race of it, that is prominent in the new xpac. if they also allow you to play a new race, its this one. why: its cheap.

2) prominence
    if they i.e. do a void/nether xpac, they will not give ogres to you, as playable race. because a playable race has always a dedication to the actual xpac. see allied races, cata goblins, TBC bloodelfes and so on.
    What major role did Goblins and Worgen played in Cataclysm?