Thread: Healers in TBC

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    forget to even think of lvl as healer priest
    mobs literally spawn faster than i could kill them, i had to respec to shadow to quest (it was quests in Nagrand, I STILL remember that, a quest in south-east zone u enter a camp full of mobs and closed walls with a gate, so basically u stuck inside)
    HOWEVER
    that was TBC launch, pre-spell power unify dmg and healing gear, which if i remember right was introduced later in TBC, meaning that TBC classic will have it? So maybe u'll be able to do solo quests?
    I can say easily 100% : patch 2.0, if u try lvl as healer, just lube ur a88 and enjoy it because u are f8cked anyway

- - - Updated - - -

yes u are right and i remember it clearly

- - - Updated - - -

no: u cap at 50, still 50g is not easy gold
    I think only in wrath did gold start to be easier to get with more dailies, tbc while did have dailies pre 2.4 they were orgilla which is after flying, nether dragon which also after flying (i think even epic flying not regular one?) and shatari sky faction which also needs flying
    And i remember clearly with the normal 60% flying those quests were PITA, with constant daze and drop and canon bombing dismounting u, so unless u are an AH player, 50g IS a lot of gold for just respec

- - - Updated - - -

ret was indeed garbage in 2.0
    TBC had massive changes, retribution was reworked massively mid-tbc, i remember a patch where paladins were so OP they nerfed them in less than 24 hours (i think it was 2.4?)
    ret as dps had a LOT of utilities but dmg? well in raids with seal of blood maybe (but still stretch), still ret brought unique dps buffs and debuffs that 1 ret in a 25 raid is always good
    Ret was only bad in the beginning due to the hot-nerf they did in the tbc prepatch to them, due to horde i guess was complaining at being killed by retri paladins(since it was balanced for 70 not 60).

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    do dailies/quests/dungeons with friends if you want play as heal
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thundering View Post
    Ret was only bad in the beginning due to the hot-nerf they did in the tbc prepatch to them, due to horde i guess was complaining at being killed by retri paladins(since it was balanced for 70 not 60).
    ret was garbage until redesign in pve, their dmg was slow to comical, heck average tank outdps them in any dungeon
    unless they go seal of blood route, which in TBC was hated since healers in 5 men didn't really have mana to spare for a dps who kill himself, just for a BoK he can get from a far better protadin or he himself be a healadin
    Basically in 5 men retardin has no place, and in 10 men also no place (too low dps to compete), only at 25 men because of increase dmg debuff and aura buff dmg (which if i remember right was deep enough in ret tree that u can't take as tank, i think some healers still got it for raid utility)
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by RainBoi View Post
    The "feel-bad-tax" isnt just there for fun, it is there to create a gold sink and drain some of the excess gold from the economy. Whats next? Removing repairs too? What do you even need gold for?
    What an asinine remark. Would you instead like to pay 100g to be taken to a dungeon instead by your fellow healer/tank? Where's the DPS gold sink then?

Quote Originally Posted by Nosnogard View Post
    I'm pretty sure it allowed you to change between two specs without paying anything (Other than the initial 1000g obviously), and also saved your glyphs and action bars. Are you sure you didn't play some sort of Private server?

https://wowwiki-archive.fandom.com/w...Specialization touches a bit upon the issue but in all fairness it could be from a later date

Edit: https://liti4.wordpress.com/tag/what...tlk-dual-spec/ has an interview with Ghostcrawler where there is the following question:
    "Nethaera: How do you switch between specs?
    Ghostcrawler: Players will be able to switch between their talent specs anywhere and anytime, provided they’ve paid for the ability to have a secondary spec. The only exception to this are Arenas, Battlegrounds, or anytime a character is in combat."

it does not mention anything about a gold cost pr. dual talent switching.
    Yeah you're right. No no private server bs at all just that I remembered stuff/misread wrong. It did cost 1k gold to buy the ability to have 2 speccs but you had to pay for a respec if you wanted to change talents. If you were happy with them tho switching didn't cost...so yeah there's that..
    "DIE, INSECT!" - words to live by

Leveling as whatever spec is purely optional. Unless I was dungeon spamming, probably would steer clear of any heal specs. Once at 70, then hopping back and forth is for those with deep pockets mostly, 100g a swap is not peanuts. Some of the dailies didn't involve mob farming I reckon, as I did some netherwing and ogrila stuff with my healer. Aside from that and unless you have a gathering profession, you don't want to do much solo content as a healer. Things are certainly doable but your damage output will be so badly gimped you risk your mental health by doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexh View Post
    What was the experience like for those who wanted to heal in tbc? Did everyone level as a dps and respec after max level and back to dps for dailies?

I’m not sure if I’m ready for that headache or can afford that.
    Someone probably already said it, but just in case, the inflation on classic realms is going to make daily gold pointless unless they increase it, so don't worry about that. You're much better off having a gathering alt.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    well thats not in the spirit of the BC version of wow.
    neither is a level boost, drums changes, and paldains getting both seals
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    Sounds like a euphemism for real life. We throw money at the rich, in hopes that we will someday be rich, and then we get hookers to piss on us. That's what trickle down economics really is.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexh View Post
    What was the experience like for those who wanted to heal in tbc? Did everyone level as a dps and respec after max level and back to dps for dailies?

I’m not sure if I’m ready for that headache or can afford that.
    I never DPS'd as a healer until many expansions later. Back then, nobody gave a crap.

Unlike today, healers and tanks were very slow killers and so quite bad gold grinders, but it was doable, depends on expectations. Max respec cost was 50g if I recall correctly, which was significant. Not many were swapping back and forth. I remember our protadin farming with that idol trinket that on use procced a self heal every time they were hit for a bunch of seconds, they went outside black temple and AoE pulled a ton of mobs at once. One pull per trinket reset, but it was decent enough for gold.

If you want to be safe, roll a hunter alt, Beastmastery spec of course, get to 41+ points investing in everything the tree has to offer to make your pet a tank and enjoy painless and relaxing gold farming. Props if you level Engineering for the Mote Extractor (and travel options).
    This time I'll just play hunter from the start, so I'll respec from grind spec to raid spec at 70 and call it a day (which is just a few points moved around in the talent trees).

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Used to play high level pve, so with good gear as a holy priest I was doing daily quests lol.

Used to spec shadow when I had 4 days or so without raids, although that was rare for a large part of BC.

Can be annoying to respec all the time, but it also gave the chance to try different stuff

I remember that patch.

Patch 2.0 drops, Ret went from being free HKs in BGs to wrecking everyone. People who were strictly Holy or Prot were re-rolling because of it. The "balance" patch comes out and puts them back where they were.

Quote Originally Posted by Necromantic View Post
    I remember that patch.

Patch 2.0 drops, Ret went from being free HKs in BGs to wrecking everyone. People who were strictly Holy or Prot were re-rolling because of it. The "balance" patch comes out and puts them back where they were.
    we all know it only happened due to the Horde bias... Since shamans had been op for years and nothing was done.

we all know it only happened due to the Horde bias... Since shamans had been op for years and nothing was done.
    The funny thing about Shamans being OP is that they were still the least played class in the entire game back then.

And it still took a 2h Shaman a good weapon and lots of crit to get there. Once they did, 1-shotting people with double WF crits was good times.