Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    It's one of many complaints, of which, the world buff meta I already addressed. I have no reason to dodge a topic that has already been talked about and dismissed as a nonissue. But hey, feel how you wanna feel I guess.

- - - Updated - - -

The only way Blizzard has ever dealt with "too many mobs" is an AoE cap.

The two ways they've made AoE caps is at 20+ mobs as a soft cap, and hard caps, by making spells only hit a certain number of targets.

Given that they would DEFINITELY not make Blizzard hard capped, we're dealing with soft caps. Now, your example of "lets say 50 mobs" is wildly out of proportion, and Zul Farrak's prison scenario EASILY tops at more than 20 mobs. BWL's trap scenario can easily pile up to 20 mobs. Nefarian adds will rarely, but can, pile up to 20 mobs.

Suddenly sounding kinda silly there, aren't you? Nevermind that the damage of Blizzard isn't the issue, it's the fact that mages are able to infinitely kite mobs by abusing terrain. Mages could repeat this strategy at any level of damage caused by Blizzard.
    You are just such a... making stuff up, atbitrary restrictions that fit your point

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowroguetbc View Post
    I already know the type of person you are lol. If someone called me out like that, I and knew what I said was true, I would jump at the chance to link myself and make my point proven.
    That's because you're an internet baby. Your investment and eagerness to "win" a meaningless argument, and your willingness to post any kind of personal info online to do so, is eye-rolling.

Adults just laugh and don't give a shit because they're comfortable and secure in their knowledge.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    That's because you're an internet baby. Your investment and eagerness to "win" a meaningless argument, and your willingness to post any kind of personal info online to do so, is eye-rolling.

Adults just laugh and don't give a shit because they're comfortable and secure in their knowledge.
    “Personal info”

I asked him to post his virtual characters name to see if what he was saying was true. You understand the characters aren’t an extension of your real life self correct?

10+ Year Old Account
    “Personal info”

I asked him to post his virtual characters name to see if what he was saying was true. You understand the characters aren’t an extension of your real life self correct?
    Character name, guild name, server - enough to spam him in-game if you wanted to. Enough that the request itself is laughable to anyone with half a brain.

All for the sake of an internet argument that's so unimportant to him that he probably won't even remember it unless he gets a thread notification to remind him.

Character name, guild name, server - enough to spam him in-game if you wanted to. Enough that the request itself is laughable to anyone with half a brain.

All for the sake of an internet argument that's so unimportant to him that he probably won't even remember it unless he gets a thread notification to remind him.
    How would spamming him in game be any different than just spamming him on the forum we are currently speaking on right now?

Yeah let me just get his in game info so instead of spamming him right here, I can login to his server, wait for him to login, and then message him that way.... uhhh lol

You didn’t really think this through before you posted did you.

You’re acting like I asked for his personal phone #. Idk maybe your wow character feels like that to you, but that’s not what it is lol.
    Last edited by shadowroguetbc; 2021-04-08 at 04:56 PM.

Those are literally the only two types of caps that have ever existed in WoW.

Not a single word was made up. In fact, the soft cap and wording is taken from exactly how the soft cap is built in Shadowlands right now.

https://www.wowhead.com/guides/shado...-capped-spells

You LITERALLY made up a number and shouted about how it wouldn't be an issue. Who's making stuff up and placing arbitrary restrictions now?
    I am not talking about the method, I am talking about the mob count. It is easily possibly to not effect mage in raids/dungeons, but nerf mara runs enough.
    If mara runs are only half as efficient it might already be enough to fix it. And yes there are still other methods, pathing could help here, but you just suggested a change earlier too, the routing.

I dunno, in which way that you meaningfully change players experiences from back in the day, by fixing mage aoe/aoe level boosting.

10+ Year Old Account
    How would spamming him in game be any different than just spamming him on the forum we are currently speaking on right now?
    It's pretty different lol, that you can't see a difference is on you.

How is getting his personal phone # to text him nonsense any different than doing it in-game? You just played yourself with your own example. This forum is not a live-chat service like texting or in-game chat.

the class imbalance DPS wise was brutal in the second half of classic, its nowhere near as bad in TBC.

classes that start off slow (warriors, rogues) end up strong by TBC, classes strong out the gate (shadowpriests, elemental shaman) slow down but are never outright bad.

unless you're playing subtlety rogue, arcane mage, or demon warlock in a raid scenario you'll have a place in most raid comps

It's pretty different lol, that you can't see a difference is on you.

How is getting his personal phone # to text him nonsense any different than doing it in-game? You just played yourself with your own example. This forum is not a live-chat service like texting or in-game chat.
    I guess if you don't know the difference between reality and an online virtual character the lines would be pretty blurred for someone like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsmang View Post
    This is not my opinion but
    Then why say anything at all?
    Mods are too busy to be bothered with moderation...but still post nonsense in threads.

Please do not contact me about moderation - Reach out to another member.

It's called "Harassment"

It's not only not uncommonly done by people on the internet, but VERY commonly within the WoW community. Nevermind that I could easily ignore you here, which would prevent any notification here, thus prompting you to seek out other methods of harassing me.

Again: for what exactly? To prove my epeen is bigger? Sorry, but that's not worthwhile, buddy.

- - - Updated - - -

This doesn't change that the number you provided is an arbitrary restriction which would just be worked around. Even if it's less efficient, if it is possible for a mage to solo Mara, people are going to solo Mara because it avoids any need to interact with the rest of the game.

The solution isn't to break mage. It's to break the terrain that allows them to infinitely farm. Put up invisible walls and block off the areas where the mage can jump back and forth, thus, never taking damage. If you can't, slowing them down isn't going to solve anything.

But, by doing so, they block everyone from that path. Maybe it was useful to another player at some point in time, it would take far too long to find out, but by putting up those walls, you affect everyone's experience in these subtle ways that could, potentially, screw someone over at just the wrong time. And why risk that over fixing a problem the playerbase is going to discover a new solution to later?

I don't know why you editted your post with this. I can't even figure out what you're referring to with it.
    Ah yes, how could I forget you can only harass on world of warcraft on not anywhere else because wow doesn't have an ignore feature built into it. I'm so sorry for my ignorance lol

Also, if you knew anything about classic you would know why i asked. Because I can easily prove what you said wrong if you linked me your character.
    Last edited by shadowroguetbc; 2021-04-08 at 05:27 PM.

snip
    No, that is exactly why you change mages to not be able to kill 500 mobs at once. It does not break anything that has been done in vanilla.

Dunno, just read the sentence. No idea what you could not get regarding that sentence.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess if you don't know the difference between reality and an online virtual character the lines would be pretty blurred for someone like you.
    Good try, but nah. I can read my phone and I can read in-game messages without being a robot or in VR.

Good try, but nah. I can read my phone and I can read in-game messages without being a robot or in VR.
    This response is actually way more hilarious than you think it is considering this is how you think LOL

10+ Year Old Account
    This response is actually way more hilarious than you think it is considering this is how you think LOL
    I agree, it is funny that human beings interact with electronic interfaces.

I agree, it is funny that human beings interact with electronic interfaces.
    Still swinging and still missing completely. I can’t tell if you’re so engrained with your wow character you can’t see straight, or if it’s a deeper issue at play.

Quote Originally Posted by probert View Post

unless you're playing subtlety rogue, arcane mage, or demon warlock in a raid scenario you'll have a place in most raid comps
    Or a feral druid dps for anything requiring AoE . But I am fine with it as it is (as a main feral druid)

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I fully support class rebalancing for TBC.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    I fully support class rebalancing for TBC.
    Absolutely not, for me anyway. That and extra difficulties/sizes for dungeons and raids are the main things that would make me not touch TBC.

Quote Originally Posted by probert View Post
    the class imbalance DPS wise was brutal in the second half of classic, its nowhere near as bad in TBC.

classes that start off slow (warriors, rogues) end up strong by TBC, classes strong out the gate (shadowpriests, elemental shaman) slow down but are never outright bad.

Arcane mage? Wait what?