Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    snip.
    The only date that actually means anything is the day the game is released in full, nothing else before that matters in the slightest.

CiG have never once stated any timeframe on the full SQ42 release, its a CR game and ppl will just have to wait as long as it takes for it to be completed.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    The only date that actually means anything is the day the game is released in full, nothing else before that matters in the slightest.
    To you*

To everyone else in reality, dates matter. And I'll repeat my question to you: Does your patience have a cutoff date? If Roberts came out and said, "Star Citizen and SQ42 will be fully finished and playable on October 3, 2041!" is that alright by you?

CiG have never once stated any timeframe on the full SQ42 release
    Kickstarter campaign gave a 2014 target timeframe. This is fantasy, which is weird since we're talking about a space game

CiG have never once stated any timeframe on the full SQ42 release, its a CR game and ppl will just have to wait as long as it takes for it to be completed.
    Mmmm-mmm "After the implementation of more Stretch goals (the last stretch goal was achieved 2014-11-10) the release was subsequently postponed. After CitizenCon in 2015, a new homepage "Answer the Call" showed the date 2016. At CitizenCon 2016 Roberts confirmed a delay of the game. Its release date is currently unknown."

Btw good to see the biggest scam in gaming history is still ongoing...."having raised over US$300 million as of June 2020." Roflol

To you*

To everyone else in reality, dates matter. And I'll repeat my question to you: Does your patience have a cutoff date? If Roberts came out and said, "Star Citizen and SQ42 will be fully finished and playable on October 3, 2041!" is that alright by you?

Kickstarter campaign gave a 2014 target timeframe. This is fantasy, which is weird since we're talking about a space game
    2014 kickstarter date was made irrelevant when they put in stretch goals.

The only date that matters to gamers is when the game is ready to play, nothing before that matters as thats reality.

Haha keep telling lies. Its proven here many times that CIG stated timeframes for SQ42 release.
    Your denial only shows you are placing your lies here because you are paid to do it.
    People will wait of course because there is nothing that forces CIG to release anything.
    CIG can keep telling lies and get away with it. They are pretty good at it.

Yet, since we are trapped here, we must prevent more people fall into SC trap.
    Noone in CIG and CR has no honor. They love to speak lies and more lies.

2014 kickstarter date was made irrelevant when they put in stretch goals.
    It was, but you said they never gave a target window. They did. And then decided to ignore it to add a whole lot more. Which is like...the ongoing criticism of the game in a nutshell?

The only date that matters to gamers is when the game is ready to play, nothing before that matters as thats reality.
    Again, is there a cutoff date for you here? Does your patience have a limit, or is it endless?

This guy had been talking about how bad SC is managed for years and not many believed him.
    A nice read imo
    http://dereksmart.com/2019/05/star-c...m-for-a-dream/

Quote Originally Posted by Littlechamp View Post
    This guy had been talking about how bad SC is managed for years and not many believed him.
    A nice read imo
    http://dereksmart.com/2019/05/star-c...m-for-a-dream/
    Not many believe him because he's a rich idiot with one failure after another under his belt, whose greatest claim to fame is trolling internet forums and threatening random users with lawsuits for talking trash about him. Pretty much nobody in the industry actually likes him, he's a shitheel. He may have some valid criticisms, but that's likely more by accident than anything else.

He's got his own failed projects to deal with like Alganon. And if you've been around for a while, enjoy this blast from the past -

Not many believe him because he's a rich idiot with one failure after another under his belt, whose greatest claim to fame is trolling internet forums and threatening random users with lawsuits for talking trash about him. Pretty much nobody in the industry actually likes him, he's a shitheel. He may have some valid criticisms, but that's likely more by accident than anything else.

He's got his own failed projects to deal with like Alganon. And if you've been around for a while, enjoy this blast from the past -

Haha, loved the hate on that video.
    People hate the battlecruiser 3000 game but it actually looked fun to me, watching its videos on YouTube.
    I am an Amiga 500 owner since 1989 and many games were alike what he did there.

At least among all the things he made, i can only hope his failures didn't harm or upset other people consciously.

The only date that matters to gamers
    You mean to write the only date that matters to you. Not all gamers share your warped views on years being put on games to drum up more money.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriani View Post
    Am I the only person who wonders when the giant expose piece will be published showing that "Star Citizen" was actually just a front to generate money for some freaky religious cult or some military group in Africa?

These hundreds of millions are going somewhere - and at this point I find it hard to believe its going to making an actual game due to the lack of progress over all these years. Seriously - we're either going to find out it was 5 people pocketing the money and doing just enough work to keep people paying; or its a front for something far more nefarious.

I place my bet now. Just have to wait and see. But the saga of this 'kickstarter' is nuts.
    SC itself is real, just utterly mismanaged and a colossal waste of time and money. The one I am much more interest in is Sq42. After Roberts went full "we will never show you anything or talk about it until its done" in response to the missed 2020 Beta window (#shocked) I wonder how much of the game actually exists.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Littlechamp View Post
    Haha keep telling lies. Its proven here many times that CIG stated timeframes for SQ42 release.
    Your denial only shows you are placing your lies here because you are paid to do it.
    People will wait of course because there is nothing that forces CIG to release anything.
    CIG can keep telling lies and get away with it. They are pretty good at it.

Yet, since we are trapped here, we must prevent more people fall into SC trap.
    Noone in CIG and CR has no honor. They love to speak lies and more lies.
    The only BS is coming from yourself SQ42 has never had a release date for the full version of the game, even the kickstarter date is irrelevant as the game was changed when they made all the money and more faster than they thought and stretch goals evolved the game into something else.

It was, but you said they never gave a target window. They did. And then decided to ignore it to add a whole lot more. Which is like...the ongoing criticism of the game in a nutshell?

Again, is there a cutoff date for you here? Does your patience have a limit, or is it endless?
    They asked the community and the decision was to make the game more, the kickstarter date was just a placeholder as it would of been impossible to judge how long the game would take with only a starting team of 11. The origional game probably would of been doable but i still doubt it only taking 4 years.

There is no other games offering what SC does currently or more once its complete so im in no rush at all, thats the problems with gamers these days as they just want everything now and then complain its not good enough.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2021-04-08 at 08:50 PM.

The only BS is coming from yourself SQ42 has never had a release date for the full version of the game, even the kickstarter date is irrelevant
    It's not, you just keep saying it is. It's fine that they delayed the game due to the expanded scope, that's not outrageous. But just like...acknowledge it, yo.

There is no other games offering what SC does currently or more once its complete so im in no rush at all, thats the problems with gamers these days as they just want everything now and then complain its not good enough.
    Has nothing to do with "now now now" at all dude.

And again: Does your patience have a shelf life? If Roberts announced that SC/SQ42 would have a full launch on October 3, 2049, would you be totally alright with that and not remotely upset?

So you're cool with waiting until 2042 for the game. Good on you for having unrealistic expectations and patience levels? But don't forget to bash others who aren't as saintly as you? Oh wait that happened.
    Last edited by Kyanion; 2021-04-08 at 09:08 PM.

The only BS is coming from yourself SQ42 has never had a release date for the full version of the game, even the kickstarter date is irrelevant as the game was changed when they made all the money and more faster than they thought and stretch goals evolved the game into something else.

They asked the community and the decision was to make the game more, the kickstarter date was just a placeholder as it would of been impossible to judge how long the game would take with only a starting team of 11. The origional game probably would of been doable but i still doubt it only taking 4 years.

"No release timeframe was ever given"

KEK fucking W.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    Haha holy shit. Of course we know what will happen shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriani View Post
    Am I the only person who wonders when the giant expose piece will be published showing that "Star Citizen" was actually just a front to generate money for some freaky religious cult or some military group in Africa?

These hundreds of millions are going somewhere - and at this point I find it hard to believe its going to making an actual game due to the lack of progress over all these years. Seriously - we're either going to find out it was 5 people pocketing the money and doing just enough work to keep people paying; or its a front for something far more nefarious.

I place my bet now. Just have to wait and see. But the saga of this 'kickstarter' is nuts.
    I personally do think the money is going towards the game, just not efficiently at all. They're trying to build the best supercar ever... except it's hydrogen powered, has square wheels, and their test track is made out of gravel. Doesn't matter how many millions you throw at that kind of project, you'll progress glacially if at all. But so long as it has whales who really, really want their square-wheeled car to be a thing and are buying .jpgs of a ship for literal thousands, the project will continue.

As for the rest, besides entertainment value I don't know why people are even engaging Kenn at all. It's clear they are a troll, a CiG employee forced to go through these motions or such a hopeless fan it makes them an outright cultist. In any case, nothing productive can ever come out of replying to them.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    As for the rest, besides entertainment value I don't know why people are even engaging Kenn at all. It's clear they are a troll, a CiG employee forced to go through these motions or such a hopeless fan it makes them an outright cultist. In any case, nothing productive can ever come out of replying to them.
    I just find enjoyment in making them defend this project over and over. I am convinced they are a paid shill or a troll. Because I think the other potential options of a hopeless fan or cultist are really sad to consider.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post

KEK fucking W.

Lmao, hadn't seen that one. Good find.

My personal Star Citizen info-series is Sunk Cost Galaxy. It covers almost everything over the years.

https://youtu.be/gGq4YEp8QUY

Red face Squadron 42 Polygon Interview

Good evening everyone! I'm new, and just had to jump into this one...for the cheap seats.

There's a Polygon interview from March of 2015 ( I would post the link, but since I'm a new user I can't. Just google Chris Roberts Polygon interview and you should find it). The significance of this is that was about 5-6 months after the stretch goals were closed out.

I would submit that if a supposed industry veteran with as many years of game development expertise that Chris Roberts supposedly has, can't figure out how to plan a way ahead for stretch goals (which by the way, how did they arrive at the dollar amounts? I would imagine you would have to do some sort of analysis for workflow to come to those budget numbers? Unless of course you're just throwing shit at a wall to see what sticks....but he would never do that...) in that time frame, before this interview was given...maybe people shouldn't be giving him money?

For your viewing pleasure, here are some key quotes from the article...and I do love throwing them out there since there seems to be so many Defenders of CIG riding to the rescue..

"Squadron 42 will be toward the end of the year. That's sort of basically Wing Commander single-player narrative story. And then at the very end of the year we will release the very early alpha of the persistent universe. It wont be nearly all of the systems and planets, but we plan to have five or six systems you can fly between. You won't be able to do all of the things we're planning on you to do, but probably trading, mining, piracy, combat and a lot of core stuff."

Then the company plans to spend 2016 filling out the rest of the star system, finishing ships, finishing characters "basically going from five to 130 star systems and adding more of the functionally and features on that we have and building out different roles."

"By the end of this year backers will have everything they originally pledged for plus a lot more," Roberts says.

Enjoy!