Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    For that price I can get a high-end 3D Printer and print enough of these to build a house out of them. And they'll be better painted as well.

Edit: Damn, that's one lousy paintjob... no sourced lighting, flat metal, the luster on the gold is poor as well... damn.
    Last edited by Skulltaker; 2021-04-08 at 08:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Oh it will sell...There are still people buying physical game copies or collectors edition of games...My friends for instance. No hate on that, spend your money however you want, I will just never do that...Been trying to sell my TBC collectors edition for years at just 75-100 dollars over price back then...no luck, haven't even used pet code. So no, they dont even hold their value...only bought it back on release day cause the other games was sold out.
    A standard edition selling out. Oh, the nostalgia.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    controller support for DII but still none for DIII on pc. Feels bad

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    controller support for DII but still none for DIII on pc. Feels bad
    I thought D3 was available on consoles? Or are you specifically talking about controller support on PC?

Quote Originally Posted by MKGulantik View Post
    Imagine jumping to be angry about a TYPE of person that you just made up lmao
    "made up" Amazon had entire sections of "hot items" all conveniently priced around each stimulus check

Speaking of which, I could probably buy a nice printer for this price and print a 100 of them.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crewskater View Post
    I thought D3 was available on consoles? Or are you specifically talking about controller support on PC?
    I'm specifically talking about controller support on pc. which is why i said "on PC"

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    That's what some young people call the $1,400 payment the US government made recently to everyone in the lower and middle class, roughly. I got one, and I am going to save it, maybe invest part of it later when the stock market is less volatile and it's not COVID time.
    ah ok. thx!

i am from europe. never heard about that. crazy states. i wanna get 1400 bugs too

thx for clarification!

Beta except its not really a beta

~15% more material than the Thrall statue.
    50% more expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    For that price I can get a high-end 3D Printer and print enough of these to build a house out of them. And they'll be better painted as well.

Edit: Damn, that's one lousy paintjob... no sourced lighting, flat metal, the luster on the gold is poor as well... damn.
    There we go! Someone so mad they can't afford it they talk as if they know what they're talking about. Ofc, everything can be done better but calling it a bad paint job, from those pictures, are hilarious.

Especially when the sourced lightning is there, and that's one of the best parts of the statue. How they managed to get the lightning done good, concidering this should be lightning from a very icy and snowy area with reflections all over the place with no direct sunlight.

Try again, but with less QQ and more Know know.

This guy gets it.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

Why ist it 25% more expensive in Europe (with current exchange rates)? Shipping is not that expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    This guy gets it.
    No...he doesn't.

Another streamer fest of alpha invites. Will we ever go back to old Blizzard or do I need to sub to Dreamhaven for that?

Quote Originally Posted by Erous View Post
    Another streamer fest of alpha invites. Will we ever go back to old Blizzard or do I need to sub to Dreamhaven for that?
    I don't understand why reporters get press passes to go to the Super bowl either. Sure it gets the game on TV, builds hype, and allowed multibillion dollars of ad revenue.. but what about the little guy working a 9 to 5. Such bullshit. I deserved to be on the field with Tom Brady. I paid for NFL pass after all.

Sideshow Arthas Lich King was a third of that price and looks much much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Askyl View Post
    There we go! Someone so mad they can't afford it they talk as if they know what they're talking about. Ofc, everything can be done better but calling it a bad paint job, from those pictures, are hilarious.

Especially when the sourced lightning is there, and that's one of the best parts of the statue. How they managed to get the lightning done good, concidering this should be lightning from a very icy and snowy area with reflections all over the place with no direct sunlight.

Try again, but with less QQ and more Know know.
    First of all, it's 'know how', not 'know know'. You're embarrassing yourself.

And second of all; Sourced lighting, in miniature painting, is the technique of adding the illusion of a part of the miniature being a source of light. In the case of Arthas and WarCraft Undead, this would be applicable to the Runes on Frostmourne and Arthas' eyes, as well as the eyes of the skeletons, as they are shown to emit a strong icy-blue glow.

You can see the effect at work in this still from the WOTLK intro cinematic. Arthas' eyes glow blue, and it is reflected on the trim of his helmet, as it would in real life. And here you can see it in action on a professionally painted miniature.

What you are talking about in your utter ignorance is simple highlighting, the process of adding depth to a paint job by applying highlights and shades to otherwise flat surfaces. On this statue, you can best see it at work in the miserably painted cloak, done by drybrushing. Poorly, one might add.

Here you can see just how poor the paint job is best. He's fucking crosseyed. Not only is the signature glow effect missing, you can clearly see the different highlights. No blending applied. Second, the gold is poorly applied, there's a clear black line of seperation between the gold of the trim and the armour, with parts of the trim outright missing the gold.

This is an outright shitty paint job. It might be sufficient for whatever standard is applicable for these trash-tier quality collectibles, but that doesn't change the fact that this is a shitty paint job.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Damn that brick isn't going to be cheap to ship... and with that pricetag it should come with a display-case wtf.
    Last edited by Tiwack; 2021-04-08 at 11:43 PM.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost controller View Post
    Looks nice but not nice enough for the price. I really wish they would be reasonable with their merchandise.
    2 and a half feet, 40 pounds, THAT level of detail?
    1000$ for that is a fucking steal mate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    $1100-1500+ for a cheap polyresin figurine... fucking LOL!

Greedy fucks...
    "Cheap polyresin figurine"
    40 fucking pounds, 2 and a half feet of insane detail, dude come on really?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    I'm sure releasing a giant Arthas statue during Shadowlands is pure coincidence and in no way related to whom they plan to pull out of retirement in hopes of regaining lost subs.
    to be fair they have released like... 8 arthas things in the past 2 years, i think it had to do with the wotlk aniversary, and also how shadowlands also has to do with the helm, kinda co-incidence. but who knows he may be back, if so im fucking hyped.

- - - Updated - - -

"better painted aswell"

Tiny part on the 2 and a half foot statue really my dude?

Also where you able to get good enough plastics to detail a 40 pound statue for less then 1000$

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Why ist it 25% more expensive in Europe (with current exchange rates)? Shipping is not that expensive.
    shipping cross the world is hilariously that expensive.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Erous View Post
    they are literally doing just an alpha wave of invites for streamers now, and then in 12 hours one for EVERYONE.
    also old blizzard sent stuff to content creators early too... this is nothing new dude.
    tbc alpha invites went out one day before normal people, is that too much for you really? one day?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Balrog View Post
    Sideshow Arthas Lich King was a third of that price and looks much much better.
    https://i.imgur.com/83yiwUf.png
    https://www.sideshow.com/storage/pro...bc694d1185.jpg
    19 inches.

https://images.footballfanatics.com/...full.jpg&w=900
    https://images.footballfanatics.com/...full.jpg&w=900
    26 inches

ehhh looks much better? debatable, the new one is an insanley amount more detailed, and also i prefer the poze, plus the base, the old ones ice looks shitty under anything other then dim light.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post

"Cheap polyresin figurine"
    40 fucking pounds, 2 and a half feet of insane detail, dude come on really?
    I don't know, maybe coming from tabletop gaming I'm used to a different level of quality, but saying this thing has an amazing amount of detail when I have Miniatures the size of my index finger with more and better detail on my desk right here, right now, is somewhat weird to me. This is Alpharius, Primarch of the Alpha Legion. He's 5 inches tall, and will set you back 100€. Obviously, he comes unpainted. And him being a Space Marine means that he's somewhere in the middle ground in regards of detail...