Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    I don't know, maybe coming from tabletop gaming I'm used to a different level of quality, but saying this thing has an amazing amount of detail when I have Miniatures the size of my index finger with more and better detail on my desk right here, right now, is somewhat weird to me. This is Alpharius, Primarch of the Alpha Legion. He's 5 inches tall, and will set you back 100€. Obviously, he comes unpainted. And him being a Space Marine means that he's somewhere in the middle ground in regards of detail...
    Can you get a version of this picture that is closer up+higher quality, cause its hard to get a good look at the detail without it getting pixelated. It is VERY detailed, but its also pretty zoomed out.

and so lets go over this real quick

100euros, which is about 120USD for a 5 inch figure.

So lets say we times that by 5 to make it equal to the arthas statue size, but wait thats only height, not width... so times that even more.

oh wait then its unpainted, you need to paint it yourself, or hire someone to paint it?

Yeah that figure your showed there, if it was the same size of the arthas statue, it would likely cost about 4000$

As with the 5 inch tall figure, if we assume it has the same dimensional shape and generally same weight ratio, then we times the 120USD by the square of making it 5 times taller... Oh look 3000$ just for the figure! then you gotta pay someone to paint a massive statue like this.

the ratio of this 5 inch statue, being 25 times smaller (In total square inches) then the arthas statue. but only a 10th the price, you can see right there, its 250% more expensive.... ish.

but hey if you wanna compare detail i would love to, we just need a more up close look of the statue you linekd htere, as that is still at a pretty distance.

Cause reminder this much detail is in https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/scree...al/1019783.jpg
    This much area on the statue, that much detail on the tiny bottom of the thing. https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/scree...al/1019775.png

https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/scree...al/1019787.jpg the detail is stunning.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2021-04-09 at 12:14 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    "better painted aswell"

Tiny part on the 2 and a half foot statue really my dude?

Also where you able to get good enough plastics to detail a 40 pound statue for less then 1000$
    Are you showing me this picture because it's supposed to be good? That's white paint drybrushed over the paintjob. This literally takes 30 seconds to do. I don't know if you've ever painted a miniature in your life, but drybrushing is one of THE easiest techniques ever. The paintjob in the picture is an entry level of painting. Base colour, wash, drybrush, done.

Polyresin is literally the cheapest material to use for minaitures casting. Mold-injection casting is what you want for details. And if you did that the stupid thing wouldn't weigh 40 pounds. It would weigh 2 pounds at the same hight, with significantly crispier details. This is what mold-injection let's you do, btw. A hollow armour.
    Last edited by Skulltaker; 2021-04-09 at 12:23 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Are you showing me this picture because it's supposed to be good? That's white paint drybrushed over the paintjob. This literally takes 30 seconds to do. I don't know if you've ever painted a miniature in your life, but drybrushing is one of THE easiest techniques ever. The paintjob in the picture is an entry level of painting. Base colour, wash, drybrush, done.

Polyresin is literally the cheapest material to use for minaitures casting. Mold-injection casting is what you want for details. And if you did that the stupid thing wouldn't weigh 40 pounds. It would weigh 2 pounds at the same hight, with significantly crispier details. This is what mold-injection let's you do, btw. A hollow armour.

Are you showing me this picture because it's supposed to be good? That's orange paint drybrushed over the paintjob. This literally takes 30 seconds to do. I don't know if you've ever painted a miniature in your life, but drybrushing is one of THE easiest techniques ever. The paintjob in the picture is an entry level of painting. Base colour, wash, drybrush, done.

I don't know, maybe coming from tabletop gaming I'm used to a different level of quality, but saying this thing has an amazing amount of detail when I have Miniatures the size of my index finger with more and better detail on my desk right here, right now, is somewhat weird to me. This is Alpharius, Primarch of the Alpha Legion. He's 5 inches tall, and will set you back 100€. Obviously, he comes unpainted. And him being a Space Marine means that he's somewhere in the middle ground in regards of detail...
    i gotta say, i'm not trained at all in art or art techniques. my quick glance made me think it was a decent statue with a stupid price. without evening using your examples you provided in an earlier post, i spotted so many detail errors upon closer inspection. i can't help but feel the molding was done well but everything else is bad.

Can you get a version of this picture that is closer up+higher quality, cause its hard to get a good look at the detail without it getting pixelated. It is VERY detailed, but its also pretty zoomed out.
    Sure. Here you go. This is a shot of the details of the miniature, unpainted. The dragon embellishment on the cloak is about 5mm in diameter. The X on the kneeguard is aproximatly 2 mm in diameter. Here are painted details. The helmet is aproximatly 1.5 cm chin to top. And I'd like to add that this isn't a good paintjob either. ForgeWorld makes fast paint jobs for promotional purposes.

The truly ironic thing is that even in a world where Blizzard did release this merchandise with a "reasonable" price, scalpers would buy them up instantly and resell them for the exact same price Blizzard's asking for them currently. It's a collector item which will likely be worth tenfold what they're asking in 20 years.

7+ Year Old Account
    Sure. Here you go. This is a shot of the details of the miniature, unpainted. The dragon embellishment on the cloak is about 5mm in diameter. The X on the kneeguard is aproximatly 2 mm in diameter. Here are painted details. The helmet is aproximatly 1.5 cm chin to top. And I'd like to add that this isn't a good paintjob either. ForgeWorld makes fast paint jobs for promotional purposes.
    And you are saying this is less detailedThen this?

Nevermind the fact that the second is from an extremly close distance you will never see, while the other is from much further.

Are you showing me this picture because it's supposed to be good? That's orange paint drybrushed over the paintjob. This literally takes 30 seconds to do. I don't know if you've ever painted a miniature in your life, but drybrushing is one of THE easiest techniques ever. The paintjob in the picture is an entry level of painting. Base colour, wash, drybrush, done.
    Ouh, you don't know what wheathering powders are and how they are applied, do you? Nah, you don't. Talking out of your ass. Drybrushing means that you take a coarse dry brush, dip it in paint, and then brush most of the paint off on a paper towel. You then take the brush to the miniature, brushing softly over highlightes areas. The remaining paint in your brush will stick to the miniature, promoting highlights, but leaving the deeper areas like folds, creases etc untouched. Compare it to arthas where the white paint is present on the higher surfaces, but not in the cracks in the stone. Drybrushing also leaves the miniature with a wheathered look.

Wheathering powders are dry paints. It's paint pigments (coloured dust) without a medium. You apply them where dust, rust, sand etc. would stick to a miniature.

The miniature painted by layering. You can see the individual layers here. And again, this isn't a good paintjob. It's decent, and leagues above the Arthas one.

- - - Updated - - -

And you are saying this is less detailedThen this?

Nevermind the fact that the second is from an extremly close distance you will never see, while the other is from much further.
    Yes. It is. Drasitcally so. And it's painted worse as well. Keep in mind that the helmet of the marine is the size of a hazelnut. Arthas' head should be the size of a chicken egg.

From a miniature casting point, the details on Arthas are poor. The Paintjob is worse. If you like them, good for you. I'm sticking with good overpriced miniatures, which Games Workshop and ForgeWorld definitely are. Overpriced and good.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    i gotta say, i'm not trained at all in art or art techniques. my quick glance made me think it was a decent statue with a stupid price. without evening using your examples you provided in an earlier post, i spotted so many detail errors upon closer inspection. i can't help but feel the molding was done well but everything else is bad.
    I think it is somewhat unfair of me to apply tabletop gaming standards to this thing. Arthas is supposed to sit on your shelf and collect dust. But it irks me if people say how amazing the details are or how good the paintjob is. It's like someone taking a bite out of a Big Mac and saying how intense it tastes without ever having been to a proper restaurant. If it suits you, fine. Enjoy. But both in regards to quality and painting this Arthas sits on the lower middle-class of a scale that goes a lot further up.

And yes, the price is riddiculous, but collectibles are always insanely priced. You'll never find my argue that any tabletop miniature is actually worth the price they ask for it, especially when it comes to Games Workshop/ForgeWorld. Still, for 1000 bucks you can buy a 3D printer, ask someone online to make you a 3D model for Arthas in a pose you desire, print it and learn to paint it. Better than this one. The painting skill demonstrated here is very VERY basic, especially if you consider how large the minaiture is.

Ouh, you don't know what wheathering powders are and how they are applied, do you?
    why do you keep arguing with her?
    she gets 10cents for every post and she will protect every insane stupid shit with even more stupidity

Quote Originally Posted by MKGulantik View Post
    Imagine jumping to be angry about a TYPE of person that you just made up lmao
    Sad thing is those types of people aren't made up at all. I have a friend who had to help their brother pay for some of their monthly bills because they were "broke" all while they would buy pieces for their $3,000 computer, booze, and other non-necessities. Yet are unable to pay for electricity, food, basic necessities you would need to survive.

So many poor people upset that someone can afford a 1.1k figurine.

Quote Originally Posted by MKGulantik View Post
    I completely agree. The Illidan statue was just as detailed, only 2 inches shorter and was less than half the price. Then they decided to double it with Lilith and Thrall - and apparently that still wasn't enough for them.

All this for a polyresin statue that would look out of place in most homes and cringed at anyway.
    You can get a knock off statue from Wish (difference is the paint colors are a bit off) for 40$ now... kinda hope the arthas molds get leaked too.

r they really trying to sell an $1100 statue LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Oh it will sell...There are still people buying physical game copies or collectors edition of games...My friends for instance. No hate on that, spend your money however you want, I will just never do that...Been trying to sell my TBC collectors edition for years at just 75-100 dollars over price back then...no luck, haven't even used pet code. So no, they dont even hold their value...only bought it back on release day cause the other games was sold out.
    Physical and digital copies are generally priced the same at release. It's a big jump to compare that to $1100 statues.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost controller View Post
    You can get a knock off statue from Wish (difference is the paint colors are a bit off) for 40$ now... kinda hope the arthas molds get leaked too.
    The illidan statue I can find is way different and much smaller. Can you link it?

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    The type exists - there were people who decided to invest the "stimmy" into GameStop. Not that investing is foolish - but GameStop? Really? Just follow the hype without understanding that GameStop has been in serious trouble before the price spike recently. And before that, ever heard what happens to quite a few lottery winners? They squander the money on vanity products instead of keeping and saving it, or using it slowly.

So I wouldn't be surprised if someone used their "stimmy" to buy this.
    I wish this was the biggest thing I had to worry about nowadays...
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    The type exists - there were people who decided to invest the "stimmy" into GameStop. Not that investing is foolish - but GameStop? Really? Just follow the hype without understanding that GameStop has been in serious trouble before the price spike recently. And before that, ever heard what happens to quite a few lottery winners? They squander the money on vanity products instead of keeping and saving it, or using it slowly.

So I wouldn't be surprised if someone used their "stimmy" to buy this.
    I think you missed what happened with GameStop. The plan was not to invest them hold forever, it was to buy to make some quick money and fuck over those cows at wallstreet

15+ Year Old Account
    Arthas, Frostmourne etc etc is my favorite lore of WoW, so if I ever won the lottery I'd get that statue in a heartbeat.

The illidan statue I can find is way different and much smaller. Can you link it?
    Let me see if I can no promises...and I think your right. I was mixing up the blizzard print with the league of legend one

its not something I usually look into only when its shoved under my nose like this one was. I am more then happy with my light up frostmourne

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    Arthas, Frostmourne etc etc is my favorite lore of WoW, so if I ever won the lottery I'd get that statue in a heartbeat.
    Thanks for proving my point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS