Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by entrust View Post
    Hi.
    I'm not the most savage WoW player out there, but I think I could consider myself a veteran to some extent.

Everybody is discussing balance, story, systems - you name it, but nobody is talking about an aspect of the game,
    that seems meaningful to most of us.
    I think it started to go downwards somewhere around Legion and it only got worse from what I've seen.
    We all could agree that jumping is very important, nowadays we jump around Oribos,
    back in the day it was Orgrimmar/Stormwind/IF, or any other expansion's main city.

Currently as it is, I can no longer jump over a fence, jump down the stairs, jump from a balcony (in Castle Nathria for example),
    and it infuriates me, because where I think I'm gonna make a shortcut and look impressive in front of my peers,
    I just make a fool of myself.

Remember that fountain in SW, how many laps you did around it? How many jumps were involved?
    It is the true end game, and I think we all should make a stand and push Blizzard to bring jumping back to the fullest.
    the invisible walls are only in dungeons and raids.... not in the open world, you compare stormwinds fountain to a ledge in castle nathria...

huh i wonder why blizzard would block off ODD TERRAIN IN A RAID but not in the open world???

I wonder if its because of times people used ODD TERRAIN to cheese boss mechanics?

There is tons of fun stuff out in the open world, jump over fences, climb around fountains, etc etc.
    but not in raids, cause there was, and it got fucking abused to hell.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    Invisible walls ahve been an annoyance since their implementation. I think it was cata where i first was really annoyed at not eing able to explore stuff even in the outdoor zones because everywhere was invisible walls.

The only path allowed is the rails of the damn train. The devs are control freaks.
    Where in cata wasthere invisible walls everywhere in the outdoor zones?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    You can jump from a bridge in Blackrock Spire or Blackrock Depths to your doom no problem.

Modern WoW level design is linear and never lets go of your hand. You're not allowed to discover your own paths or die for the lolz. It's like being stuck inside a padded jail cell.

And in maldraxxus... revendreth... ardenwald.... bastion.... you can also jump off the edge of the map, or a hole into the void in the middle of the map, no problem.

Modern wow level design is liner and holds your hand, but your also allowed to discover your own paths or die for the lolz!
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    You can jump from a bridge in Blackrock Spire or Blackrock Depths to your doom no problem.

Modern WoW level design is linear and never lets go of your hand. You're not allowed to discover your own paths or die for the lolz. It's like being stuck inside a padded jail cell.
    There are still dungeonds that wont let you take a quicker route, same with TBC and Wrath. So its not just a Modern issue in Wow.

JUMP AROUND!! JUMP AROUND!!!
    Jump up, jump up and get down.
    JUMP! JUMP! JUMP! JUMP!

Seriously, if this is your main issue, then you don't have any problems.
    "The fatal flaw of every plan, no matter how well planned, is the assumption that you know more than your enemy."

You can jump up behind auctioneers in Orgrimmar, what more do you want?

Quote Originally Posted by Avrantia View Post
    You can jump up behind auctioneers in Orgrimmar, what more do you want?
    Finally a good reason to play Horde.

Jumping in this game is just FUN.

Quote Originally Posted by Coolascancer View Post
    I really noticed invisible walls started becoming a lot more of a thing in MoP. I remember commenting to my friends I was leveling with that that was the turning point in the game at the time.
    I've noticed that in Cata. First raid infact, BWD, the stairs right at the entry. You could not jump on the railing left and right. It bothered the hell out of me. And I never understood why...

You can talk nonsense to divert attention from the game's failings all you want like a FB, but you can't hide the fact that the expac has been complete shite so far
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Biden is a creepy old dude, I will not be voting for the guy.
    ^ This is from a self-proclaimed Trump-hater who goes round vote-policing, berating and insulting other users for expressing their doubts and reservations about Joe Biden. He also urges others to end relationships and friendships just to "vote Trump out". https://ibb.co/2jRnZGC He can't seem to walk the talk himself.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Snip!
    Not Cata, but WoD has several invisible walls out in the open world in for example Gorgrond. Most of the foliage like vines and such are solid and even though it looks like you can pass right through but you don't. Even after flying implementation this problem persists and annoys the fuck out of me whenever I am in the zone. It's especially bad around the huts the Botani use. They have huge gaps underneath but even on small characters you can't sneak under them. The invisible walls are rather big too, pushing you out from the wall making it look even more weird.
    Immersion breaking if you ask me.
    Last edited by Pakheth; 2021-04-09 at 08:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by entrust View Post
    Hi.
    I'm not the most savage WoW player out there, but I think I could consider myself a veteran to some extent.

Everybody is discussing balance, story, systems - you name it, but nobody is talking about an aspect of the game,
    that seems meaningful to most of us.
    I think it started to go downwards somewhere around Legion and it only got worse from what I've seen.
    We all could agree that jumping is very important, nowadays we jump around Oribos,
    back in the day it was Orgrimmar/Stormwind/IF, or any other expansion's main city.

Currently as it is, I can no longer jump over a fence, jump down the stairs, jump from a balcony (in Castle Nathria for example),
    and it infuriates me, because where I think I'm gonna make a shortcut and look impressive in front of my peers,
    I just make a fool of myself.

Remember that fountain in SW, how many laps you did around it? How many jumps were involved?
    It is the true end game, and I think we all should make a stand and push Blizzard to bring jumping back to the fullest.
    I miss wall jumping up the cliff in old warsong gulch. Or escaping the starter bubble in EotS.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakheth View Post
    Not Cata, but WoD has several invisible walls out in the open world in for example Gorgrond. Most of the foliage like vines and such are solid and even though it looks like you can pass right through but you don't. Even after flying implementation this problem persists and annoys the fuck out of me whenever I am in the zone. It's especially bad around the huts the Botani use. They have huge gaps underneath but even on small characters you can't sneak under them. The invisible walls are rather big too, pushing you out from the wall making it look even more weird.
    Immersion breaking if you ask me.
    If you could get under them with a small charecter but not a large that could be seen as an issue, imagine in world PvP now for example if a bounty gnome could get into a tiny area no one could reach, as goblins are just a bit bigger. And wod is when they tried to bring world PvP back.

But really I never noticed with the plant thing. I've never really tried to wiggle through terrain like that since like back in vanilla when they made models super chunky and most things hitboxes didn't match their models.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content