Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Thanks for proving my point.
    And what point is that? Just checking your posts here you talk about the stimulus check you guys got. If I got that, I'd not spend it on a statue. I was just saying if I won the lottery (so we're talking about millions of euros) I'd get one of these statues because I like the character and lore behind it, along with a bunch of other things I'd do with lottery money...

Quote Originally Posted by Zeons View Post
    So many poor people upset that someone can afford a 1.1k figurine.
    Poor? I ain't stupid with money...

Quote Originally Posted by SerratedEdge252 View Post
    Just going to be that anal guy but 26 inches is not 2 and a half feet, you are giving it a third of a foot of credit lol. There are 12 inches in a foot so the statue is 2'2" not 2'6". $1100 for something slightly over 2 feet seems massively expensive even with the level of detail expressed here. I am most likely being heavily biased, since I am extremely frugal/cheap with money and not something I would spent money on.
    To be fair, you start out calling out 26" isn't 2 and a half feet (which is obviously correct), but then follow-through saying $1100 for something "slightly over 2 feet seems massively expensive" - as if those extra 4" would have you sold. Ha.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    And what point is that? Just checking your posts here you talk about the stimulus check you guys got. If I got that, I'd not spend it on a statue. I was just saying if I won the lottery (so we're talking about millions of euros) I'd get one of these statues because I like the character and lore behind it, along with a bunch of other things I'd do with lottery money...
    Meh, I guess if you're talking winning millions of Euros then even I might buy a better painted version of this. But not if I won some smaller amount, which if I remember right the US has smaller stakes lotteries, that you'd be well advised to not squander due to their smaller sizes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

10+ Year Old Account
    I ordered 2 statues one for me and one for my dad who loves warcraft. Cant wait !

15+ Year Old Account
    Meh, I guess if you're talking winning millions of Euros then even I might buy a better painted version of this. But not if I won some smaller amount, which if I remember right the US has smaller stakes lotteries, that you'd be well advised to not squander due to their smaller sizes.
    Fair enough. Each to their own of course. If I won a smaller amount I'd not buy this either, much more important things to spend/save/invest money on. But at the end of the day we could keep talking what we'd do with theoretical money we're probably never going to win

10+ Year Old Account
    66cm, 20,8kg at price of 1.300 Euro?
    Is it made of pure gold or titanium???

Noes.... It's fekking PLASTIC!!!!

They must really need some second quarter revenue if they broke the glass and pressed the red button on $1100 Arthas Statue. I thought the Illidan and Thrall statues were overpriced but this is hinestly just ridiculous. How can Blizzard honestly say "happy anniversary!" While trying to sell us $1100 plastic? Its honestly insulting.

lol 1,1k in US and 1,5k in EU thats seem fair

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    First of all, it's 'know how', not 'know know'. You're embarrassing yourself.

And second of all; Sourced lighting, in miniature painting, is the technique of adding the illusion of a part of the miniature being a source of light. In the case of Arthas and WarCraft Undead, this would be applicable to the Runes on Frostmourne and Arthas' eyes, as well as the eyes of the skeletons, as they are shown to emit a strong icy-blue glow.

You can see the effect at work in this still from the WOTLK intro cinematic. Arthas' eyes glow blue, and it is reflected on the trim of his helmet, as it would in real life. And here you can see it in action on a professionally painted miniature.

What you are talking about in your utter ignorance is simple highlighting, the process of adding depth to a paint job by applying highlights and shades to otherwise flat surfaces. On this statue, you can best see it at work in the miserably painted cloak, done by drybrushing. Poorly, one might add.

Here you can see just how poor the paint job is best. He's fucking crosseyed. Not only is the signature glow effect missing, you can clearly see the different highlights. No blending applied. Second, the gold is poorly applied, there's a clear black line of seperation between the gold of the trim and the armour, with parts of the trim outright missing the gold.

This is an outright shitty paint job. It might be sufficient for whatever standard is applicable for these trash-tier quality collectibles, but that doesn't change the fact that this is a shitty paint job.
    Sorry I just couldn't read more than your first sentence. I wasn't going for "know how" and it's quite obvious I was trying to sound a bit childish with less Q Q (2x Q) and more "Know know" (2x Know). Out of everything, you picked up on that.. I was super late, I wrote on my mobile and there's so many errors in my text.... And you decided to bash on the one thing YOU didn't understand. Shows how much you're an idiot tbh.

And you are indeed embarrassing your self. Time for you to post 2-3 paintjobs you've done so I can get a few friends to analyze it and rip you apart in public, aight?

Anyone who spends $1,100 on a statue while actually needing that for things like food just because "I got my 1400 stimmy so it's 'free' lol" is a perfect example of fools and their money are soon parted.

But hey, at least it looks nice.
    Love the post, and the rift raft following it. The choice people make when buying anything, while neglecting their (& more importantly their dependents needs) essential needs is all too prevalent today. I doubt anyone like this would survive 150 years ago, then again their thought process would be different than today’s, I’d hope but hell it’s all speculation.

$1,100 for a giant piece of plastic. Activision is tired of even TRYING to hide that they make all the decisions now lmao. Blizzard as a company really is dead.

Oh wow... game character statue for 2x minimum monthly wage of my country...
    I am pretty sure you can 3D print it for fraction of this price with similar effect if you got enough knowledge and talent to paint.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeons View Post
    So many poor people upset that someone can afford a 1.1k figurine.
    M-must.. C.... Cuh.. Con... ConSOOOOOM

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    They must really need some second quarter revenue if they broke the glass and pressed the red button on $1100 Arthas Statue. I thought the Illidan and Thrall statues were overpriced but this is hinestly just ridiculous. How can Blizzard honestly say "happy anniversary!" While trying to sell us $1100 plastic? Its honestly insulting.
    Because people buy it. The problem starts with the nutjobs who fall for this sort of stuff.

"Doy but what am I gonna do with all this disposable income?? What's da harm in paying into shitty business practices if I can afford it?"

So, if acti-blizz sold many figurings for man-childs we get better and NEW content in wow? Or perhaps with this money they finely make some NEW games?

Quote Originally Posted by Danuel View Post
    So, if acti-blizz sold many figurings for man-childs we get better and NEW content in wow? Or perhaps with this money they finely make some NEW games?
    It won't happend, if they get enough from statues they will stop making games to sell statues

10+ Year Old Account
    At first I quite liked the pose and how it looked. Then looked at the details and immediatly went "nope". Even as someone who has never painted anything like this, no way I'd pay €1300 for that. (And probably made in China for €200).
    Of course business yadayada and "have to make a profit" but this reeks like the same business tactics as fashion brands where you pay for the brand and not the quality of the product. Where have the brands gone who actually produce quality over quantity?
    If you pay a premium for something you expect quality.
    Last edited by Mhyroth; 2021-04-09 at 08:52 AM.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

10+ Year Old Account
    The largest lottery ever in the US was 1.5 BILLION. They pot grows every week someone doesn't win.

Quote Originally Posted by Danuel View Post
    We'll see, first we need to assure uncle Kotick's $200M+ bonus for 2022!

I like collecting figures but this one is a bit high for what you are getting. A better price for it would be in the range of 300-400 even then that’s a bit much but it is a limited run item.