Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Couchpotato2013 View Post
    Look at a calendar and all patches in retail from 8.1.5 (before classic beta) till now. Blizzard purposely spaces out content for retail and classic so that releases don’t overlap. Naxx launch with SL was a consequence of them having to delay. Naxx likely was going to always have that date. Blizzard purposely spaces out content in such a way in order to keep all the people who play both games hooked continuously.
    Blizzard outright stated that there is not a huge overlap between Classic and Retail players and thus they were fine with launching SL and Naxx right next to each other.

They could've delayed Naxx by another month and barely anyone would have given a shit, it's not like Classic players at the time were begging Blizzard to release Naxx ASAP.

Look at a calendar and all patches in retail from 8.1.5 (before classic beta) till now. Blizzard purposely spaces out content for retail and classic so that releases don’t overlap. Naxx launch with SL was a consequence of them having to delay. Naxx likely was going to always have that date. Blizzard purposely spaces out content in such a way in order to keep all the people who play both games hooked continuously.
    And the same will happen now because they might have fucked up with 9.1

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    And the same will happen now because they might have fucked up with 9.1
    They basically released naxx and shadowlands ontop of each other. Kinda blows up that theory..

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    They basically released naxx and shadowlands ontop of each other. Kinda blows up that theory..
    No, I meant that they might have wanted to release 9.1 and tbc at different dates, but because they fucked up with 9.1, they might coincide again. That assuming SL and Naxx were just a mistake because they delayed SL.

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    Quite possible. But there were guys saying that you will need to have FR gear for the raid too. Obviously only few said that, but this guy is exactly like that, lost in delusions.
    And we would have needed it if the game was released in the 1.1 state. But.... It wasnt and people are indeed delusional

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Brenz View Post
    LOL ok nice one
    It have never been so far and they even released naxx at the same time as an expansion

I'm interested in experiencing the pre-nerf Kara. Apparently Nightbane used to be a nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by Askyl View Post
    And we would have needed it if the game was released in the 1.1 state. But.... It wasnt and people are indeed delusional
    Doubt. Maybe everyone would have had max level + some dungeon blues, but I don't think it would have gone much above that. Did they have Onyxias head when they cleared it first?

Not same raid but I am looking at some kills of Brutalus Pre-nerf which was considered a hard boss. People killed it with sub 4-8 FPS. I can only imagine it was even worse for a lot of people in MC.

Doubt. Maybe everyone would have had max level + some dungeon blues, but I don't think it would have gone much above that. Did they have Onyxias head when they cleared it first?

Not same raid but I am looking at some kills of Brutalus Pre-nerf which was considered a hard boss. People killed it with sub 4-8 FPS. I can only imagine it was even worse for a lot of people in MC.
    Brutallus was not a hard boss, it was just a gear check.

Click.

Click?

CLICK?!

COME ON CLICK IT!

CLICK IT NOW FOR FUCK SAKE!

CLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII......

what? Brutallus? He was the 4th or 5th hardest boss (out of 6...) in Sunwell.

The first 3 bosses was all dead on day1-2 by most top 50 guilds. The last 3 each lasted longer on their own than the first 3 combined.
    Last edited by Aphrel; 2021-04-09 at 12:00 PM.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    please no raid testing. lets not make the same mistake like in Classic where PTR testing ruined raids and they were cleared day one. Let people have fun this time and figure out fights once again.
    sweet child, every raid will be cleared regardless on day one

Not same raid but I am looking at some kills of Brutalus Pre-nerf which was considered a hard boss. People killed it with sub 4-8 FPS.
    4-8 fps? Even my 1000$ PC ran TBC with solid 50+ fps and that was with 300$ GPU and thats pretty average people spend on computers.

Quote Originally Posted by mmocfd1b0ab5a3 View Post
    4-8 fps? Even my 1000$ PC ran TBC with solid 50+ fps and that was with 300$ GPU and thats pretty average people spend on computers.
    Well, we live in a different world. During that time I only knew 3 people who had computers at that time. If you go through youtube you will see loads of horrible FPS videos.

My point was that early vanilla raid with 40 people must have been quite horrible for a lot of people and something what was seen as "need to do" was not really "need to"

Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    So they say lol
    They dropped Shadowlands and Naxx within a week of each other.

I think that is pretty clear.

The thing with early vanilla had nothing to do with skill, only gear. You couldn't really min/max because.. The items weren't there. As a mage, you could either have items with +spelldmg (pretty much only that stat) or sta/int. Bosses took hell a lot longer to kill since you mathematically couldn't do enough DPS and you ran out of mana.

But it wasn't hard. It was just.. Slower and you needed the correct gear.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oishi View Post
    Classic release schedules are not affected by retail or vice versa.
    You Think it isnt, But it is.. They do NOT want to repeat the Naxx mistake of releasing it right ontop of a retail release. yes, the two playerbases are seperate, but there is alot of players playing both, that do raid on both.. and its a larger playerbase than you'd think..

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Blizzard outright stated that there is not a huge overlap between Classic and Retail players and thus they were fine with launching SL and Naxx right next to each other.

They could've delayed Naxx by another month and barely anyone would have given a shit, it's not like Classic players at the time were begging Blizzard to release Naxx ASAP.
    Wrong because classic players were whining that shadowlands was going to take focus away from naxx prep. Hell you even had guilds threatening to kick members if they ever saw b.net activity from retail. You are right, there isn’t continuous overlap of players between both games, however there is a much larger overlap when either game comes out with new content or a phase. People shuffle over to the newly released product to test it out for a week or two and then go back to their main game.

Quote Originally Posted by zhorteye View Post
    You Think it isnt, But it is.. They do NOT want to repeat the Naxx mistake of releasing it right ontop of a retail release. yes, the two playerbases are seperate, but there is alot of players playing both, that do raid on both.. and its a larger playerbase than you'd think..
    Source? Or is it just a trust me dude?

Cause blizzard actually said that there isn't.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wrong because classic players were whining that shadowlands was going to take focus away from naxx prep. Hell you even had guilds threatening to kick members if they ever saw b.net activity from retail. You are right, there isn’t continuous overlap of players between both games, however there is a much larger overlap when either game comes out with new content or a phase. People shuffle over to the newly released product to test it out for a week or two and then go back to their main game.
    You dont really believe that people were threatened with getting kicked over retail bnet activity do you?

Any guild serious enough to be kicking people over something like that were done preparing for naxx weeks or months before naxx even released, and cleared it first week or two.
    And anyone using that as excuse for kicking someone, there are for sure other actual reasons for it, no guild would ever kick a good member over something trivial like that, as long as the person did all his preparation.

Its just a excuse made up to make drama, or to get rid of members that are unwanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxyfoxy View Post
    You dont really believe that people were threatened with getting kicked over retail bnet activity do you?

Any guild serious enough to be kicking people over something like that were done preparing for naxx weeks or months before naxx even released, and cleared it first week or two.
    And anyone using that as excuse for kicking someone, there are for sure other actual reasons for it, no guild would ever kick a good member over something trivial like that, as long as the person did all his preparation.

Its just a excuse made up to make drama, or to get rid of members that are unwanted.
    Sady they were. So many try hards in classic its crazy. As far as overlap my guild has more then half that play both but they only raid naxx and do nothing else.