Page 11 of 53 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/matt-g...honor?ref=wrap

So the ladies of Matt Gaetz office apparently have come to defend his honor as a man of strong moral character.

Which ladies, you ask?

The women in his office...you know...them...all of them? The letter is unsigned, so either "they don't exist" or this is such a strong and resounding endorsement of his character that none of the women in his office wanted their name attached to it...

Does he not realize that there's no "good" side to this?

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Never run for a bus. There's always another one.

I present to you Republican Sexual Predators, Abusers, and Enablers Pt. 16

It's dated 2019. But it's also "part 16" which alone is horrifying.
    There’s 23 parts.

Obligatory reminder that Dennis Hasteart is a pedophile and was GOP Speaker of the House from 1998-2006.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, and after linking that one DailyKos article, I checked their headline.

Matt Gaetz goes from hot water to boiling after wingman cops plea deal with federal prosecutors

10+ Year Old Account

Matt Gaetz goes from hot water to boiling after wingman cops plea deal with federal prosecutors
    Should have been nicer to Romney... he has binders full of women that could not sign their name saying him showing nude pictures of his victims was cool.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

Greenburg facing 33 feloniesd...that's gonna be some plea deal.

Matt is gonna love federal prison....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Matt is gonna love federal prison....
    It's a Gaetz'd community.

Also, this is real.

I’m sure Matt Gaetz is not feeling very comfortable today,” Greenberg’s attorney Fritz Scheller told reporters.
    This is my favorite part so far. He really should have just kept his fuckin mouth shut and not spent weeks blabbing and digging himself deeper and deeper.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/08/u...stigation.html

A second senior aide to Representative Matt Gaetz, Republican of Florida, abruptly quit in recent days as the congressman tries to fend off a Justice Department sex trafficking investigation and mounting public scrutiny, according to three people familiar with the decision.

The aide, Devin Murphy, resigned as Mr. Gaetz’s legislative director on Friday. He told associates that he was interested in writing bills, not working at TMZ — equating the work that Mr. Gaetz’s aides were now handling to the tabloid publication, according to one of the people, who all asked not to be identified discussing a sensitive personnel matter.
    I feel like I need to order a jumbo bag of popcorn shrimp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    This is my favorite part so far.
    Indeed. I think Gaetz might be bork bork borked.

- - - Updated - - -

"they don't exist"
    Well, you know what my opinion is.

Related: second Gaetz staffer resigns and flees. Not only did Devin Murphy (legislative director) resigned but said nothing publicly, suggesting he's nto outraged by the issue but instead worried it'll affect him.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    This is my favorite part so far. He really should have just kept his fuckin mouth shut and not spent weeks blabbing and digging himself deeper and deeper.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/08/u...stigation.html
    A second senior aide to Representative Matt Gaetz, Republican of Florida, abruptly quit in recent days as the congressman tries to fend off a Justice Department sex trafficking investigation and mounting public scrutiny, according to three people familiar with the decision.

The aide, Devin Murphy, resigned as Mr. Gaetz’s legislative director on Friday. He told associates that he was interested in writing bills, not working at TMZ — equating the work that Mr. Gaetz’s aides were now handling to the tabloid publication, according to one of the people, who all asked not to be identified discussing a sensitive personnel matter.
    I feel like I need to order a jumbo bag of popcorn shrimp.
    The LD is basically the second highest position in a Congressperson's office. Chief of Staff is top. The LD does all the real work. Losing that position essentially means the office ceases to function in any meaningful way.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    The LD is basically the second highest position in a Congressperson's office. Chief of Staff is top. The LD does all the real work. Losing that position essentially means the office ceases to function in any meaningful way.
    Considering the legislative desert that his office was, I don't really see how this changes much, honestly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Cash App tracks shit
    Yeah, it's the 21st goddam steam century. It's the information age. Why do people still pretend the truth won't come out?

The Daily Beast said that while it was investigating the transactions, Gaetz’s public Venmo record disappeared.

Greenberg has also made his Venmo transactions private.
    Uh oh...guess they realized they were making the evidence too easy for even media to track without a subpoena.

Had to watch the tucker carlson interview. I love me some american drama.

All I can for sure is that Matt Gaetz could easily be a family guy character. You wouldnt even need to change his facial features and he would not look out of place next to quagmire and Peter.

I dunno if anyone already posted this, but the more that comes out the more it seems like Gaetz was an Epstein wannabe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uh oh...guess they realized they were making the evidence too easy for even media to track without a subpoena.
    The internet never forgets. Someone has a screenshot. And of course, someone else has a subpoena. Which as we all know, are not as good as poenas.

10+ Year Old Account
    The internet never forgets. Someone has a screenshot. And of course, someone else has a subpoena. Which as we all know, are not as good as poenas.
    Yarp, he'll be facing peonas in jail, soon enough.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Illinois Rep. Kinzinger is the first GOP federal elected official to say Gaetz needs to resign.

Matt Gaetz needs to resign.
    ...yeah, kind of blunt. Rep. Kunzinger also links an article on the subject.

Because Kunzinger does not elaborate, such as "I believe Gaetz is guilty" or "I believe Gaetz needs to step down to stop the accusations from being a distraction, but he's clearly innocent" so I'm not ready to call him "brave" just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    It was Venmo, not cash app, that’s fucking him.
    Kunzinger cited the same article you did. Also I am shocked, shocked I tell you, at the news in this article. Three prostitutes for $900 total? I've been overpaying my *cough* how about them Yankees, huh?
    Last edited by Breccia; 2021-04-09 at 06:53 AM.

On other news, some group decided that they didn't like that reporters were saying that Gaetz asked for a pardon and Trump and Gaetz are on the outs and decided to threaten litigation. You know, not because of the other stuff Gaetz did.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...?ocid=msedgntp

Gaetz-tied group threatens to sue reporters writing on his Trump relationship

A boutique conservative consultancy group working on behalf of Rep. Matt Gaetz is threatening to sue journalists for their coverage of the embattled congressman.

The entity, Logan Circle Group, is run by Harlan Hill, a former Democrat who became a top Trump surrogate during the 2016 presidential election. The official behind the recent legal threats is Erin Elmore, a colleague of Hill’s at the Washington-based consulting firm and a Season 3 contestant on “The Apprentice.”

Elmore, who has a legal degree from Villanova and has active status as an attorney in Pennsylvania, has emailed at least two reporters who have written on Gaetz, threatening them with lawsuits over their coverage of the Florida Republican. Gaetz is reportedly facing a federal probe into a potential violation of federal sex trafficking laws. But Elmore’s email took umbrage with reports that the congressman had asked then-President Donald Trump for a pardon and was currently on the outs with the 45th president.

“We are seeking an immediate print and on-air statement of retraction. Failure to comply with this request may result in litigation,” Elmore wrote in an email to a POLITICO reporter on Wednesday following the publication of an article describing the reluctance among Trump and his allies to outright defend Gaetz.

“President Trump issued a statement indicating that Congressman Gaetz has never sought a Presidential Pardon. Such a statement would also indicate that President Donald Trump has not distanced himself from Congressman Gaetz,” Elmore contended.

The Logan Circle Group declined to discuss its relationship with Gaetz specifically, but a source familiar with the arrangement confirmed they have been working for the Florida congressman. Gaetz’s congressional office did not respond to an inquiry about the group.

Affidavit: KS GOP leader calls officer 'donut boy,' says he'd 'take' him in a fight
    Amazon early vote tally shows workers poised to overwhelmingly reject union

A boutique conservative consultancy group working on behalf of Rep. Matt Gaetz is threatening to sue journalists for their coverage of the embattled congressman.

Matt Gaetz wearing a suit and tie: Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fa.).© Graeme Jennings-Pool/Getty Images Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fa.).
    The entity, Logan Circle Group, is run by Harlan Hill, a former Democrat who became a top Trump surrogate during the 2016 presidential election. The official behind the recent legal threats is Erin Elmore, a colleague of Hill’s at the Washington-based consulting firm and a Season 3 contestant on “The Apprentice.”

Elmore, who has a legal degree from Villanova and has active status as an attorney in Pennsylvania, has emailed at least two reporters who have written on Gaetz, threatening them with lawsuits over their coverage of the Florida Republican. Gaetz is reportedly facing a federal probe into a potential violation of federal sex trafficking laws. But Elmore’s email took umbrage with reports that the congressman had asked then-President Donald Trump for a pardon and was currently on the outs with the 45th president.

“We are seeking an immediate print and on-air statement of retraction. Failure to comply with this request may result in litigation,” Elmore wrote in an email to a POLITICO reporter on Wednesday following the publication of an article describing the reluctance among Trump and his allies to outright defend Gaetz.

“President Trump issued a statement indicating that Congressman Gaetz has never sought a Presidential Pardon. Such a statement would also indicate that President Donald Trump has not distanced himself from Congressman Gaetz,” Elmore contended.

The Logan Circle Group declined to discuss its relationship with Gaetz specifically, but a source familiar with the arrangement confirmed they have been working for the Florida congressman. Gaetz’s congressional office did not respond to an inquiry about the group.

“Logan Circle Group is a premier political communications consultancy, and we take the privacy of our clients and colleagues extremely seriously. We represent a number of high profile clients, and we are delighted to support the work of America First candidates, Congressmen, and public figures,” said Elmore in a statement following POLITICO’s inquiry about the firm’s work for Gaetz.

The group’s entrance into the drama surrounding Gaetz underscores how the congressman is trying to fight his way through a potentially career-ending scandal rather than retreat from the political scene entirely. In addition to the legal threats, both Hill and Elmore have amplified tweets in support of Gaetz on Twitter, and Elmore has appeared on Newsmax to discuss and defend Gaetz.

“Everyone in America whether you like it or not, is proven innocent until guilty,” Elmore said on Newsmax.

Gaetz, a firebrand pro-Trump congressman from Florida’s panhandle, is currently battling for his political future following reports he is under investigation by the Department of Justice for a sexual relationship involving a 17-year old. Gaetz, who has not been charged, has denied having any sexual relations with underage women and accused federal investigators of distorting relationships in which he paid for the travel expenses of women he dated. In a bizarre twist, the congressman has claimed he and his father are also the target of extortion by a former DOJ official who they say is trying to leverage knowledge of the investigation in order to secure the release of a hostage in Iran.

His legal troubles appeared to grow on Thursday when Joel Greenberg, an associate of Gaetz, appeared likely to cooperate with federal prosecutors in a sex-trafficking criminal case that first led investigators to the Florida congressman. Gaetz and Greenberg maintained a close friendship and were often spotted together at social events until Greenberg has been indicted on 33 federal charges, ranging from stalking, and identity theft to sex trafficking of a minor and various financial crimes.

“I am sure Matt Gaetz is not feeling very comfortable today,” said Greenberg's defense attorney, Fritz Scheller, after a court hearing in Florida.

On television and in an op-ed, Gaetz has denied ever paying for sex or having sex with a minor. A former staff member and Air Force member, Retired Air Force Capt. Nathan Nelson, as well as a group of current female staff members — who remained anonymous in a letter of support published Thursday — have defended Gaetz.

But as allegations involving improper behavior have swirled around the congressman, he has found little backing from members of Congress or figures in Trumpworld. Trump finally put out a statement this week that said, “Congressman Matt Gaetz has never asked me for a pardon. It must also be remembered that he has totally denied the accusations against him.”

While it’s unclear how Elmore was first connected to Gaetz, the ex-Apprentice contestant has long been active in Republican political circles. Her resumé includes stints at Turning Point USA, the conservative youth organization run by Trump acolyte Charlie Kirk, campaign trail appearances alongside Ivanka Trump during the 2016 general election and a contributor role at Townhall.com. Elmore currently serves as executive director of a little-known grassroots political organizing group called USA Strong and recently debuted a new web show “Wine About It” where she drinks wine with fellow conservatives as they discuss the latest trends in culture and politics.

She also appears to frequent Trump’s Mar-a-Lago club in Palm Beach.

“Ladies and gentelman [sic], the GREATEST President of the United States,” she captioned an Instagram photo of her and Trump inside his gilded oceanside resort last month.

At least two of Elmore’s former or current colleagues at the Logan Circle Group also have ties to Trumpworld. In addition to Hill, who served on the ex-president’s 2020 campaign advisory board, the consultancy recently employed Allan Betz, an advance staffer for Trump’s reelection operation and former U.S. Agency for International Development appointee during his administration.

The group worked with at least four Republican candidates during the 2020 election cycle, according to Federal Election Commission disclosures, including Kris Kobach, who was defeated by Sen. Roger Marshall in the GOP primary for Kansas’ open Senate seat last August, and Ohio congressional candidate Christian Hagan, who lost to incumbent Democratic Rep. Tim Ryan last November.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also I am shocked, shocked I tell you, at the news in this article. Three prostitutes for $900 total? I've been overpaying my *cough* how about them Yankees, huh?
    Yeah, but are these, like, D.C. Beltway hookers or Florida Panhandle hookers?

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    While I want Gaetz to go to prison, it disgusts me how sex related crimes are literally the only crimes you can actually nail a politician in the US.
    Unless he goes to jail he will probably keep his seat, the republican party tried to put a racist pedophile to the senate. The worst thing that will happen to him is that he will lose his committee positions. The right wing in this country has a really low bar as to what is acceptable.