Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    For that price I can get a high-end 3D Printer and print enough of these to build a house out of them. And they'll be better painted as well.

Edit: Damn, that's one lousy paintjob... no sourced lighting, flat metal, the luster on the gold is poor as well... damn.
    I agree! I've seen really detailed 3D prints that look like they could be 1000$ action figures, but i nreality, they probably cost like 50$ (well, the resin/material at least). Also, they probably way much less, and you could actually carry them around to diffrent places if you want to move them somewhere else, not hurting your back either

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, I had a guy who lives a few hours away from me print me a 'statue' of both my WoW character and Bwonsamdi, they both cost 50$ together. Pretty cheap, and painting them gave me something to do
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Askyl View Post
    Sorry I just couldn't read more than your first sentence. I wasn't going for "know how" and it's quite obvious I was trying to sound a bit childish with less Q Q (2x Q) and more "Know know" (2x Know). Out of everything, you picked up on that.. I was super late, I wrote on my mobile and there's so many errors in my text.... And you decided to bash on the one thing YOU didn't understand. Shows how much you're an idiot tbh.

And you are indeed embarrassing your self. Time for you to post 2-3 paintjobs you've done so I can get a few friends to analyze it and rip you apart in public, aight?
    Because, just like this post of yours, the rest of what you said was just childish rubbish demonstrating that you had no idea what you were talking about. And why would I show you any of my work? You don't know anything about miniature painting, why should I bother with what you have to say? I could just as well ask a blind man.

And don't give me any of that 'super late' 'on my mobile' bullshit. Own your mistakes.
    Last edited by Skulltaker; 2021-04-09 at 09:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    Physical and digital copies are generally priced the same at release. It's a big jump to compare that to $1100 statues.
    sure 1100 dollars is a lot but my friends dont mind paying 100-400 dollar items apparently...Geeky shit lol. But Im just saying, blizzard fans/nerd culture has strong following, ppl gonna buy that shit.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Because, just like this post of yours, the rest of what you said was just childish rubbish demonstrating that you had no idea what you were talking about. And why would I show you any of my work? You don't know anything about miniature painting, why should I bother with what you have to say? I could just as well ask a blind man.

And don't give me any of that 'super late' 'on my mobile' bullshit. Own your mistakes.
    If you really didn't care about him and his opinion, you wouldn't respond to him.
    “You have died of dysentery” – Oregon Trail

Quote Originally Posted by MKGulantik View Post
    A standard edition selling out. Oh, the nostalgia.
    I know lol. People think physical games holds the value...Maybe like really old shit like pokemon games for Gameboy, but sure not blizzard games...Tried FB marketplace, and huge online site local to my country,...no lucky...Paid 550 dkk kr back in was it 2007 when TBC come out, and cant even get 800 dkk kr for it without to much hassle from buyers wanting to send it to me (Hell no, aint about to do that).
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caninepawprints View Post
    If you really didn't care about him and his opinion, you wouldn't respond to him.
    No no, let them fight. This is a battle between people who paint miniatures, a kind of
    argument I've not seen before.

Quote Originally Posted by SerratedEdge252 View Post
    Just going to be that anal guy but 26 inches is not 2 and a half feet, you are giving it a third of a foot of credit lol. There are 12 inches in a foot so the statue is 2'2" not 2'6". $1100 for something slightly over 2 feet seems massively expensive even with the level of detail expressed here. I am most likely being heavily biased, since I am extremely frugal/cheap with money and not something I would spent money on.
    Oh yeah feet are 12 inches....
    God I fucking hate the imperial system, please just move to fucking metric already America, join the rest of the world....

Statue looks hella nice but no. I have no problem with 1k+ stuff, but at one point "we" (people who usually buy such statues ) should stop that hyperinflation. Statues this size were like 400 max a few years ago, now they're pulling "limited edition bullshits" everywhere and prices skyrocket.

It seems well detailed and I wonder what kind of mat they've used for that. My Magneto statue which is 25" tall only weighs the third of the 20kg of Arthas, I'm not sure this value is accurate

For everyone shitting on the value... That's actually a good investment, it will probably sell for 3k in two years, just as the Diablo/Diablo Nightmare which are like 1.5k nowadays too.
    Last edited by Ophenia; 2021-04-09 at 01:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mhyroth View Post
    At first I quite liked the pose and how it looked. Then looked at the details and immediatly went "nope". Even as someone who has never painted anything like this, no way I'd pay €1300 for that. (And probably made in China for €200).
    Of course business yadayada and "have to make a profit" but this reeks like the same business tactics as fashion brands where you pay for the brand and not the quality of the product. Where have the brands gone who actually produce quality over quantity?
    If you pay a premium for something you expect quality.
    Can you point out where the lack of quality is? People keep saying "shitty quality pisspoor paint job" but where? All the pictures it's painting is stunning.

Only $1100. Do you guys not have money?

Quote Originally Posted by caninepawprints View Post
    Nice try, but I said I don't care about his opinion on my painting skills.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RCA View Post
    Love the post, and the rift raft following it. The choice people make when buying anything, while neglecting their (& more importantly their dependents needs) essential needs is all too prevalent today. I doubt anyone like this would survive 150 years ago, then again their thought process would be different than today’s, I’d hope but hell it’s all speculation.
    People used to save more, spend less. It's probably part a cultural shift, and the fact that there are social safety nets might make some people think, "Hey, if I fuck this up, even in a stupid way, the government's got my back - welfare and social services!" Though I'm not about to say we should totally axe such things just because some idiots misuse them or allow them to have ill-advised spending habits.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    The largest lottery ever in the US was 1.5 BILLION. They pot grows every week someone doesn't win.
    Sure, but not all lottery wins are huge. So buying a meh at best $1,100 Arthas statue makes sense if you win 1.5 billion USD, but doesn't make as much sense if you win a "mere" 20k that gets halved right away by the government taxing you, especially if you need the 10k to pay bills and shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Can you point out where the lack of quality is? People keep saying "shitty quality pisspoor paint job" but where? All the pictures it's painting is stunning.
    If I had to guess I’d say people are comparing it to warhammer models which have stuff like this which looks is a bit more vivid, but I know jack about painting so.

Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2021-04-09 at 02:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    People used to save more, spend less. It's probably part a cultural shift, and the fact that there are social safety nets might make some people think, "Hey, if I fuck this up, even in a stupid way, the government's got my back - welfare and social services!" Though I'm not about to say we should totally axe such things just because some idiots misuse them or allow them to have ill-advised spending habits.
    People stopped saving money because capitalist scumbags endorsed and supported by right wing conservatives have ensured that saving money is actually detrimental and the only way to ensure your finanical future is either to blow cash when it's cheap (to borrow) or to gamble and make it big with stock trading.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    If I had to guess I’d say people are comparing it to warhammer models which have stuff like this which looks is a bit more vivid, but I know jack about painting so.

question is how much do those cost? how big are they?
    cause yeah it may be only 300$ and that detaile,d but its alos 3 inches tall.
    cause the only comparison ive seen so far is

"here is a 5 inch figure that costs 120$ unpainted"
    which means easily a few hundred more bucks just to get it painted.

I take back my complaint about invites. My wife got in today. She doesn't stream, but she plays d3 fiendishly. Thanks Blizzard.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    question is how much do those cost? how big are they?
    cause yeah it may be only 300$ and that detaile,d but its alos 3 inches tall.
    cause the only comparison ive seen so far is

"here is a 5 inch figure that costs 120$ unpainted"
    which means easily a few hundred more bucks just to get it painted.
    There all about the same size I believe and cost 180 or so. I have no idea if you can get them pre painted or not through.

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-CA...Mortarion-2020
    https://www.games-workshop.com/en-CA...d?&Pmp=classic
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2021-04-09 at 02:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    People stopped saving money because capitalist scumbags endorsed and supported by right wing conservatives have ensured that saving money is actually detrimental and the only way to ensure your finanical future is either to blow cash when it's cheap (to borrow) or to gamble and make it big with stock trading.
    I'd have to mostly agree with this - I hate the "Don't save, stimulate the economy, if you don't, you're a Communist scumbag! Shun the frugal!" ethos we've had for a while, especially in the US. Totally not compatible with so many things, least of all protecting the environment by not consuming too many resources.

But I have to imagine the idea of a safety net has influenced this too. If you screw up and getting out of the hole you dug yourself no longer relies on your neighbors knowing you and being able to honestly say, "Yes, this family are honest hard workers who have a good head on their shoulders, who just fell on hard times, and aren't much at all to blame for their current predicament," then people can be irresponsible and still get some help from the government, who doesn't know the difference between Johnny B Good the hard worker and Johnny B Bad the wasteful derp who spends money on things like this statue while needing the money more for food and other things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    The type exists - there were people who decided to invest the "stimmy" into GameStop. Not that investing is foolish - but GameStop? Really? Just follow the hype without understanding that GameStop has been in serious trouble before the price spike recently. And before that, ever heard what happens to quite a few lottery winners? They squander the money on vanity products instead of keeping and saving it, or using it slowly.

So I wouldn't be surprised if someone used their "stimmy" to buy this.
    I invested money in GameStop - sold everything when I was up $28,000... paid for the first year of my kid's college with GameStop. Bought it around 16$ a share and sold it around 380$ a share.. could've made more if I held up to over 400$ a share but I am happy with the end result.