Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    Now, I just don't have any textures until a good 3 minutes into the game. But after that, seems less.
    Not too bad for me. Ground textures load fast, but took a solid 10s+ for textures on characters and the world map and everything else. At least it's not as bad as it was when they first rolled this out. I'm actually kinda curious how much smaller my install got without all that minimap data from the past like...10 leagues or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Not too bad for me. Ground textures load fast, but took a solid 10s+ for textures on characters and the world map and everything else. At least it's not as bad as it was when they first rolled this out. I'm actually kinda curious how much smaller my install got without all that minimap data from the past like...10 leagues or whatever.
    Well, I did exaggerate the "no" textures. Some of them just load very very slowly.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It takes hours upon hours to get use to PoB, but it's worth it if you actually enjoy getting the most out of your character.

Generally I copy builds from people way better at making builds then myself, and about a week into the season I basically understand why the build works the way it does and how to make it better based on the template that was given to me (looking at heat maps on poe.ninja helps too). Some guides are pretty in depth, others might be missing a few things (usually at the high end for ultra min/max), so it's nice to be familiar with PoB so you can see what you get from pathing in a different direction, or buying something that might not necessarily be an upgrade.

Of course you could just look at it before a season launches and figure out why a build works the way it does before you start playing it. But I look at highlight videos of a geared character shitting on stuff and decide what I want to play based on that, and can usually make an accurate timeline of how long it takes me to get to that point.

https://venturebeat.com/2021/04/06/n...from-the-game/

This is weird...so is this just like...streamers can create their own curated "stores" based off the MTX store and they get a cut of sales? Because it seems unclear and could involve RMT for in-game items based on how it's written which is a big 'ol nope if so. Neat I guess?

Edit: https://medium.com/nexus-blog/nexus-...p-4f79999120f6

Armor MTX only, though the mechanics of how this will work confuses me. Glad that streamers will have a bit more revenue at least?
    Last edited by Edge-; 2021-04-06 at 10:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://venturebeat.com/2021/04/06/n...from-the-game/

This is weird...so is this just like...streamers can create their own curated "stores" based off the MTX store and they get a cut of sales? Because it seems unclear and could involve RMT for in-game items based on how it's written which is a big 'ol nope if so. Neat I guess?

Edit: https://medium.com/nexus-blog/nexus-...p-4f79999120f6

Armor MTX only, though the mechanics of how this will work confuses me. Glad that streamers will have a bit more revenue at least?
    Its just a fancy way of doing affiliate links such as Amazon links. Lots of tech reviewers link to Amazon using an affiliate link and this gives them a small cut of the proceeds. Nexus created an editable store front that each streamer can associate with and customize, so that if someone buys a listed MTX it flags GGG to cut 8% to the streamer.

The cynic in me thinks this is a low cost system they are attempting to use to address the drama with the amount of money Ziz\Ziz's sponsor has to pony to run his gauntlet events. Make it seem like GGG is trying to help while not changing anything.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    The cynic in me thinks this is a low cost system they are attempting to use to address the drama with the amount of money Ziz\Ziz's sponsor has to pony to run his gauntlet events. Make it seem like GGG is trying to help while not changing anything.
    That's kinda where I'm at. I mean, this is unarguably a marketing tool for them. They're potentially making MTX more sticky by having the streamers act as active salespeople for them and if it's an 8% streamer cut then that's insanely cheap compared to the kinds of spends they'd need to do on ad/marketing campaigns. Like, they're getting an absolute steal outta this, even if it eats a fair number of "already paying players".

At the end of the day it's just a bit of mild side-eye for GGG, but mostly a positive in my book. IMO the streaming community does as much, if not more, of the heavy lifting for marketing/community/communications than GGG themselves do, and if they can get a cut (even a tiny one) of some sales through their own curated store that's rad. Those dudes bust their butts.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's kinda where I'm at. I mean, this is unarguably a marketing tool for them. They're potentially making MTX more sticky by having the streamers act as active salespeople for them and if it's an 8% streamer cut then that's insanely cheap compared to the kinds of spends they'd need to do on ad/marketing campaigns. Like, they're getting an absolute steal outta this, even if it eats a fair number of "already paying players".

At the end of the day it's just a bit of mild side-eye for GGG, but mostly a positive in my book. IMO the streaming community does as much, if not more, of the heavy lifting for marketing/community/communications than GGG themselves do, and if they can get a cut (even a tiny one) of some sales through their own curated store that's rad. Those dudes bust their butts.
    Ill be honest, the streamers do all the lifting. The last several times Chris has made touch points/manifestos/announcement he has literally done more harm to the game than good due to foot in mouth scenarios. GGG also has some streamers who entire identity is based on the game, and who will shill for it until the end of the world (cough mathil cough ziggyd cough), so i expect them to milk this for all its worth.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.

https://www.twitch.tv/pathofexile/

POE2 looks gorgeous, but I'm looking forward to playing it at 20fps because performance still won't be fixed.

Javelins and crossbow weapons seem neat.

So this game isn't coming out until 2023...beta isn't until 2022.

Boring looking upcoming league, seems like Ritual 2.0 though at least THEY ARE FINALLY RELEASING A LEAGUE THAT DOESN'T ACTIVELY PUNISH GROUPS. Individual progress within the circles and the ability to nope out with your loot while others continue is nice.

I'm hoping there are a lot of skill gem buffs coming down the road, but the extensive updates to older leagues is nice. I've been complaining about that shit for ages, glad they finally are doing some updating so engaging with that content doesn't feel like such a waste of time nowadays. Was hoping for more QOL improvements, but I guess this is it for now.

I may give it a try, even if the new skills don't seem super appealing (maybe reap?) and I have little interest in low life builds. Who knows, maybe jugg will finally crack 1% representation on poeninja!

Spear me up, baby!

- - - Updated - - -

New league looks so dope too. I forgot what the name of the league, but it was the one with the lame totems. Back then I pitched the idea of a risk/reward mechanism not too dissimilar from what Ultimatium seems to be. I love it.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2021-04-08 at 09:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Spear me up, baby!
    Most exciting thing revealed all day. I just wonder how it plays in reality and not with ZZZDPS. I'm here to bring back my old Javazon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Us ARPG nuts are gonna be busy this year lol

I would say the top down ARPG is having a sort of renaissance lately. I mean the genre has always been kicking but man as fan of the genre I am so pumped lately. I enjoyed Wolcen (despite what others have), PoE, and Spellforce 3(yea technically its also RTS too, ARPG is also mixed there) Now we got Diablo 2: Resurected, Diablo 4, PoE 2, King Arthur: Knight's Tale, Last Epoch, Lost Ark, Corepunk, Solasta and I guess Magic Legends too, if that interests you, for me I'll play it anyway as its an ARPG :P

Man I need to go full hermit in 2021 - 2022 :P
    Last edited by Orby; 2021-04-09 at 02:27 PM.

I can't help but see all the "reworked" in the trailing and remember all the utterly useless full balance changes they have done in the past where they just add 4 base damage to dozens of skills and proclaim they reworked everything.

Atleast the league mechanic looks like it could be fun.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    I can't help but see all the "reworked" in the trailing and remember all the utterly useless full balance changes they have done in the past where they just add 4 base damage to dozens of skills and proclaim they reworked everything.
    A lot of the changes that they've actually revealed look great.
    Itemized Temples in particular are exceptional.
    The weird Delve curve for rewards being fixed will be great.
    Catarina rework might mean you can Jorgin a Greatwolf Talisman; this alone would make her worth killing, excluding any other changes.
    While it's certainly not finalized I'm very optimistic about how it'll pan out.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Us ARPG nuts are gonna be busy this year lol

I would say the top down ARPG is having a sort of renaissance lately. I mean the genre has always been kicking but man as fan of the genre I am so pumped lately. I enjoyed Wolcen (despite what others have), PoE, and Spellforce 3(yea technically its also RTS too, ARPG is also mixed there) Now we got Diablo 2: Resurected, Diablo 4, PoE 2, King Arthur: Knight's Tale, Last Epoch, Lost Ark, Corepunk, Solasta and I guess Magic Legends too, if that interests you, for me I'll play it anyway as its an ARPG :P

Man I need to go full hermit in 2021 - 2022 :P
    I just told my friend yesterday we are headed to an ARPG renaissance.

Wolcen was just updated and it's pretty damn good. But also Martyr has gotten really good updates as well. Last Epoch I am super into at the moment. Plus everything else you mentioned.

This is my bliss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was planning to skip this league, but it being a Vaal league temps me. I kinda hope Vaal Doublestrike sees a comeback......

So conflicted....they have pissed me off on a lot of announcements, but then they announce a league based on my favorite lore type.....The reworks im with Gorsameth, i will wait to celebrate them until i see the detailed change list, because Wilson overhyped minor damage tweaks previously.

The more I think about it...I might just stick with SSF or standard or something to check out the old league reworks. Still not interested in another league, and Ultimatum doesn't seem terribly exciting on its own.

Still waiting for the full notes though, because for the life of me there's nothing I really wanna build that I haven't already played. Please buff Spectral Throw/Shield Throw, please please please.

Edit: Though I gotta say...with the low life/life cost mechanics...I wonder if we'll see more juggernauts. I hope so, I really dug my old Molten Strike jugg before they absolutely obliterated that skill/build : (

10+ Year Old Account
    The more I think about it...I might just stick with SSF or standard or something to check out the old league reworks. Still not interested in another league, and Ultimatum doesn't seem terribly exciting on its own.

Still waiting for the full notes though, because for the life of me there's nothing I really wanna build that I haven't already played. Please buff Spectral Throw/Shield Throw, please please please.

Edit: Though I gotta say...with the low life/life cost mechanics...I wonder if we'll see more juggernauts. I hope so, I really dug my old Molten Strike jugg before they absolutely obliterated that skill/build : (
    At this point, i am praying for Spectral Throw\Shield Throw buffs for you. I have never seen someone so loyal to a skill. You have my respect lol.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    At this point, i am praying for Spectral Throw\Shield Throw buffs for you. I have never seen someone so loyal to a skill. You have my respect lol.
    I made a ST character and...it was a blast but no amount of currency could make the build decent. My brother has made a few strong SST characters but even they suck - good clear but the single target is just absolute garbage that kills the skills viability. I JUST WANNA THROW THINGS!