Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Still waiting for you to condemn the unions for their bullying in Wisconsin. Your silence continues display your hypocrisy.
    Still waiting for you to show any evidence of that beyond what appears to exist in your head.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still waiting for you to condemn the unions for their bullying in Wisconsin. Your silence continues display your hypocrisy.
    Done it numerous times... called for judicial intervention... You still don’t care. Meaning... this is just virtue signaling...

Breaking laws should have repercussions. Everyone agrees...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Didn't your mother teach you not to answer a question with a question?
    My mother taught me not to spin away from the conversation by changing the subject. Still waiting for any of you pro-union people to condemn the union bullying in Wisconsin over Act 10. The silence is deafening.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Still waiting for you to show any evidence of that beyond what appears to exist in your head.
    Your hypocrisy is deafening.

10+ Year Old Account
    My mother taught me not to spin away from the conversation by changing the subject. Still waiting for any of you pro-union people to condemn the union bullying in Wisconsin over Act 10. The silence is deafening.
    We're waiting for you to provide any specific details that would constitute "bullying".

All you've pointed to is collective negotiating power. Which is not "bullying". By any definition of the word.

In the absence of you actually showing any evidence of your claims, I'm fine accepting that this is all part of a fantasy in your imagination.

What's with conservatives and living in literal alternate realities in their heads and thinking that the rest of us share their headspace?

10+ Year Old Account
    I have not seen a single person deny that malfeasance should be punished... That still does not change your repeatedly saying the same thing...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

10+ Year Old Account
    In the absence of you actually showing any evidence of your claims, I'm fine accepting that this is all part of a fantasy in your imagination.

What's with conservatives and living in literal alternate realities in their heads and thinking that the rest of us share their headspace?
    Not to mention treating the honest request for specific examples or data as a hostile and illegitimate assault upon their person or character.

10+ Year Old Account
    My mother taught me not to spin away from the conversation by changing the subject.
    I don’t think that’s true...

Yep hypocrite. You believe unions are perfect and have never done anything wrong Tanks for proving it once and for all

Thank you for your story. The far left media is in the tankfaor unions. They don't look to report accurately. They simply target people who will fit their pro-union agenda. Those people are largely the lazy who want everything handed to them for no effort.
    I'm not saying bad shit doesn't happen. I think they are more confined to southern locations or bad managers not necessarily an epidemic. Let me take the piss bottle thing. No one was forced to piss in a bottle. As a mail carrier, and someone who drove over 150K miles for TruGreen in 10 years, I pissed in bottles multiple times daily. Even dropped a grumpy on an occasion because it was more convenient than leaving my area to try to find a public restroom and get back, oftentimes at the cost of 30 plus minutes.

Worh shared vehicles no one wanted to have somone else's piss bottles. So of course they management would post a notice about removing them. That is either an admittance of a policy nor encouragement.

Again, with that said, of course Amazon treats their workers like shit overall in regards to you are just a number and easily replaceable. But acting like atrocities haooennto everyone all the time there is just unreasonable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Not to mention treating the honest request for specific examples or data as a hostile and illegitimate assault upon their person or character.
    Because it’s just virtue signaling... that’s why it’s the same thing repeated, regardless what the reply actually is...

Yep hypocrite. You believe unions are perfect and have never done anything wrong Tanks for proving it once and for all
    See what I mean? Does anyone expect this reply to change? You can’t break this sort of bias...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    We're waiting for you to provide any specific details that would constitute "bullying".

All you've pointed to is collective negotiating power. Which is not "bullying". By any definition of the word.
    I mean if it were then businesses would be like the king fucking bullies on the playground. Even on a conceptual basis its bukkshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    I'd be working now if my place of business had a union. (Fired without cause)
    i had the same thing happen to me in 2009.
    The third largest health insurance company tired to "fire" hundreds of employees during the economic crash instead of laying them off for obvious reasons.

they got me on "conduct unbecoming of an employee of X" because of something that happened in my personal life.
    Had Zero point Zero to do with my employment, employer, safety of anyone at work, safety of personal data, financial...etc etc...

they tried not paying unemployment, took one appeal phone call and poof unemployment activated. They actually got fined in our state for their attempt and a lot of denied people got many months back pay on top of unemployment in the settlement.

They also tried not paying me my severance of 51 weeks of pay. Oh lord they tried. They ended up paying for the severance and my legal fees.

But i am sure there were many people that just gave up or could not afford a lawyer. I could because of the sheer # of weeks owed at a very generous salary. They were drooling over my case.

we tried to unionize for years before i was turned into a salaried employee. They would shut down offices in one state and move to another because of it to inflict fear of unemployment in anyone trying to do this. Eventually all their fear tactics worked because by the mid 00's all union efforts basically grinded to a halt.

they are just one shit company that always tries to fuck over its employees.

They lost a pension class action for hundreds of millions. they fought it for almost 20 years and then when they finally accepted the judgement they ignored the ruling and paid out what they felt was appropriate. Underpaying tens of thousands of people. Its back in litigation again.

They lost classification suit brought on by DOL and had to pay close to 100 million in back pay just in our states two offices for people who should have never been paid as salaried.

All kinds of other shit that could have been avoided by good union representation.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    I mean if it were then businesses would be like the king fucking bullies on the playground. Even on a conceptual basis its bukkshit.
    If business act on the same shit he is pointing at unions, then the issue is the act.

So lying liars continue to lie lyingly.

Does this work like, professionally for you? Just sticking your fingers in your ears and repeating the same thing to a client or your manager over and over?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    i had the same thing happen to me in 2009.
    The third largest health insurance company tired to "fire" hundreds of employees during the economic crash instead of laying them off for obvious reasons.
    As an example from the other side, I was part of PSAC when I worked with Statscan, like 20 years ago. I only worked that job for a little over a year before going back to university. In that time, we were underpaid compared to workers in Ontario (I was in Nova Scotia at the time). That turned into a collective agreement dispute a couple years after I'd left, and that ended up producing retroactive pay adjustments for all workers going back sometime like 20 years, easily covering my period there. I ended up getting a check for back-pay that was in the low four figures, because my union still had my back, even though I hadn't worked with them for about a decade at the time.

The power of collective negotiation.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    I'm not saying bad shit doesn't happen. I think they are more confined to southern locations or bad managers not necessarily an epidemic. Let me take the piss bottle thing. No one was forced to piss in a bottle. As a mail carrier, and someone who drove over 150K miles for TruGreen in 10 years, I pissed in bottles multiple times daily. Even dropped a grumpy on an occasion because it was more convenient than leaving my area to try to find a public restroom and get back, oftentimes at the cost of 30 plus minutes.

Worh shared vehicles no one wanted to have somone else's piss bottles. So of course they management would post a notice about removing them. That is either an admittance of a policy nor encouragement.

Again, with that said, of course Amazon treats their workers like shit overall in regards to you are just a number and easily replaceable. But acting like atrocities haooennto everyone all the time there is just unreasonable.

I don't understand cause these huge companies could always contract with big chains to allow access to their bathrooms for a monthly fee. Like Exxon gas stations for example. They have to be getting gas from somewhere.

Seems like they could find an easy solution that will cost some bucks but it would be a drop in the bucket.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    While I wanted it to go the other way, I am not surprised with this result. The intimidation from Amazon was immense and we have an entire two generations whose working experience can best be summed up by "Don't rock the boat or you'll get fired."
    I also don't think this is the end of it either. I predict other warehouses will start voting on unionizing soon, and some will probably wind up voting to unionize, especially in more Blue areas. From there, it will just cascade into other warehouses. But Alabama was always going to be a hard sell.
    Princesses can kill knights to rescue dragons.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post

Again, with that said, of course Amazon treats their workers like shit overall in regards to you are just a number and easily replaceable. But acting like atrocities haooenn to everyone all the time there is just unreasonable.
    I never said bad stuff doesn't happen either hence why I said all "companies have warts".

Nobody at Amazon was forced to use piss bottles, you are right. The drivers simply made due when there wasn't a restroom available on their route. That isn't exploiting the worker. That is bad logistics planning which they are rectifying. Let's not forget the one guy the far left media latched onto who claimed he was fired for his coronavirus walkout only to find out he was legit fired for violating social distancing by going into work despite having been told to stay home after testing positive and getting others sick.

I will say that it is a product of bad mangers and attributing it to a specific part of the country is irresponsible broad brushing because you will likely find examples everywhere. The comnpany I work for has stores, such as the one I work for, who are considered to be really good to work at and others who all you hear about is complaints. People want to blame the company when it is the bad managers who are responsible for it and wonder of all wonders when those managers are weeded out that those stores become better places to work.

I agree with you 100%. But media doesn't care about accuracy and the facts you present when it gets in he way of their agenda and neither does the far left echo chamber here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Karreck View Post
    While I wanted it to go the other way, I am not surprised with this result. The intimidation from Amazon was immense and we have an entire two generations whose working experience can best be summed up by "Don't rock the boat or you'll get fired."
    I also don't think this is the end of it either. I predict other warehouses will start voting on unionizing soon, and some will probably wind up voting to unionize, especially in more Blue areas. From there, it will just cascade into other warehouses. But Alabama was always going to be a hard sell.
    Don't believe the union propaganda. And by the way, you cannot get fired for voting to unionize. That is illegal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nobody at Amazon was forced to use piss bottles. The drivers simply made due when there wasn't a restroom available on their route. That isn't exploiting the worker.
    Being worked to the bone to the point they have no option but to piss in bottles and shit in bags is both 'force' and exploitation, sweaty.

That is bad logistics planning which they are rectifying.
    Only after public outcry, thus demonstrating the need for unions and regulations to prevent situations like this from emerging. What was your point again, besides carrying water for a company that is not in fact going to give you a handy in exchange for parasocial shilling?

Let's not forget the one guy the far left media latched onto who claimed he was fired for his coronavirus walkout only to find out he was legit fired for violating social distancing by going into work despite having been told to stay home after testing positive and getting others sick.
    Whataboutism is kinda cringe, sweetheart.

I will say that it is a product of bad mangers and attributing it to a specific part of the country is irresponsible broad brushing because you will likely find examples everywhere.
    It's almost as if we live in an economy inherently geared towards worker exploitation and abuse which is why examples of it are so commonplace.

The comnpany I work for has stores, such as the one I work for, who are considered to be really good to work at and others who all you hear about is complaints. People want to blame the company when it is the bad managers who are responsible for it and wonder of all wonders when those managers are weeded out that those stores become better places to work.
    We don't give a shit about your anecdotes because, once again, the plural of anecdote is not evidence.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't believe the union propaganda.
    It's cute that you think there's such a thing in the US of all countries.

And by the way, you cannot get fired for voting to unionize. That is illegal.
    Part of the strategies used by union busters like Amazon is creating the impression that voting for unionization will result in job loss. It's almost as if propaganda doesn't have to be necessarily based in reality.

Once again: you have nothing to gain by parasocial shilling. Jeff Bezos is not going to kiss you on the forehead before bedtime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.