Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    I shouldn't need to drop 18+ hours to get an extra chance each day at a world mount.
    You don't need to. You are choosing to. You are only being salty about having limited chances because it is something you want. But weeks ago you had no problem telling others that the Anima grind was fine even though they would have to do it on each character. Weird right? That things that didn't impact you at the time were perfectly fine but now it is suddenly a big deal that you might have to put in some effort to get things.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    You don't need to. You are choosing to. You are only being salty about having limited chances because it is something you want. But weeks ago you had no problem telling others that the Anima grind was fine even though they would have to do it on each character. Weird right? That things that didn't impact you at the time were perfectly fine but now it is suddenly a big deal that you might have to put in some effort to get things.
    Wow look at this guy defending blizzard. man how the tables turn.

15+ Year Old Account
    Huh? That doesn't even make sense given my usual stance on a lot of issues. Or is this the prelude to a 10 min video just like when you tried to prove Maldraxxus was flat and a player could get to everything in straight lines?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

You can't be serious... Having trouble understanding what he actually meant?

Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    You can't be serious... Having trouble understanding what he actually meant?
    I did, but i didnt know when you did a world quest, you wernt garunteed anima, you were told "alright you have a 2% chance to get anima, so uhh you ddint get it, come back tomorow"

It ain't front row seats at this point but finally seeing FelPlague descend into madness is great. It's gonna be fun to see how the moderators will handle this thread. *Sips tea*
    The funniest jokes on MMO-Champ in order: (This signature is not calling out anyone in SPECIFIC and is thus not breaking any rules)
    1: All the moderators that does not know how to handle this webpage.
    2: Whoever set up the auto-bot that does not know the rules.
    3: The rules and guidelines themselves.
    Speaking of jokes:https://i.imgur.com/MaBzzAR.png

10+ Year Old Account
    Guys... there's a reason I have OP on Ignore. Learn from my past mistakes. They don't want to hear arguments, they want you to agree with them.

Since poeple seem to think this aint "worthy of a complaint, your just crying you don't get something you don't deserve!"

here then.
    Warlock customization being constantly shat on.

Back in the old days we could summon imps, greater imps, voidwalker, voidlord, etc etc.

but eventually they removed the demonic supremecy grimorie which removed these pets, os they added them back as glyphs.
    and then legion they updated all the demons looks, but for some reaosn the glyph demons stayed the same.

there is a couple few new observer models, but the glyph observer still uses the TBC version.
    there is an updated greater imp, but guess what, the glyph version still uses the tbc version.
    there is a TON of updated shivvarah, but uhhh ohhh the shivvarah glyph still uses the tbc shivvarah... wtf blizz why have these not been updated?

Another one, the wrathguard, normally it wielded 2, 2-handed weapons, but they made it 1 later due to a bug of it doing too much dps, then it stayed 1 for the rest of legion till bfa, then it got fixed and put back to 2 weapons liek it should be! then in 8.1 they removed its second weapon again... then a few weeks pass and its back! then a hotfix removes it again.
    and here we are approaching 9.1 and we STILL have it only using 1 weapon.

and now soulshards.
    there is 3 soulshard glyphs, now adays they are very cheap, but when they first came out they cost a pretty penny, 100k+ as they were rare. so you would equip this glyph and soulshards appeared above your head like they used to BASELINE. but guess what the glyph doesent tell you? that ONLY YOU can see the soulshards... holy shit, it might as well be a UI element. why the hell would it not show for other players, or ATLEAST TELL YOU ITS ONLY VISIBLE TO YOU like what the utter hell, how do you add a glyph that adds something to the player model, but have it not show. Imagine if they made a transmog, but didnt tell you that when you transmog it, other people cant see you, and see you in your clown gear outfit.

Soulfire- While in the destruction tree of casting, it was not really used by destro from wotlk all the way till mop when it got moved to demo.
    then soulfire was legit just a demonology spell for mop and wod, but then legion removed it.
    then bfa brings it back, but its DESTRUCTION!? why the hell is soulfire a destro spell? why didnt they make that talent the destro-artifact abiltiy.
    and have soulfire be where demonbolt is for demonology now. and replace shadowbolt with demonbolt, that way demonology does not use the exact same filler as affliction, like wtf?
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2021-04-10 at 12:28 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I did, but i didnt know when you did a world quest, you wernt garunteed anima, you were told "alright you have a 2% chance to get anima, so uhh you ddint get it, come back tomorow"
    But they are still spending "18 hours" to do stuff. Not to mention the amount of Anima you get from each quest is randomly determined when that quest spawns. You are missing what part of your stance it was directed at. It wasn't directed at guarenteed items versus low drop rates. But "I put in the effort so I deserve it" versus "The effort to grind out all the Anima you need is super easy and doesn't need to be changed".

You flip flopped as soon as it was something you personally cared about. You had no problem spending all that time to be world first Anima cap. But show how balk about putting in time to get digital pixels.

- - - Updated - - -

Since poeple seem to think this aint "worthy of a complaint, your just crying you don't get something you don't deserve!"
    Lol. Your answer is to complain harder? The soulshard glyph and cost is irrelevant. Everything costs a lot when new.

But they are still spending "18 hours" to do stuff. Not to mention the amount of Anima you get from each quest is randomly determined when that quest spawns. You are missing what part of your stance it was directed at. It wasn't directed at guarenteed items versus low drop rates. But "I put in the effort so I deserve it" versus "The effort to grind out all the Anima you need is super easy and doesn't need to be changed".

You flip flopped as soon as it was something you personally cared about. You had no problem spending all that time to be world first Anima cap. But show how balk about putting in time to get digital pixels.

- - - Updated - - -

Lol. Your answer is to complain harder? The soulshard glyph and cost is irrelevant. Everything costs a lot when new.
    Except the amount of anima you get is not rolled when you do it, its rolled when it spawns.

if rares worked like world quests that would be fucking amazing
    "Oh hey the rare is gunan drop the mount today, go kill it!"
    anima world quests do not say "hey you could get anima!" then you do the world quest and it goes "uhhhh sorry you get no anima today...." or "uh oh you only got 35 anima... bummmmeeeeeer"

my complaint was not the cost of the soulshard glyph, literally read the rest ffs.
    its literally a glyph that is NOTHING BUT A UI ELEMENT and without asking other players, there is no way for the player to know this, i went months without knowing, i asked all my warlock friends and none of them knew, they all just assumed no one else had it yet.

imagine blizzard charging people to buy custom Ui's
    yeah thats the soulshard glyphs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Except the amount of anima you get is not rolled when you do it, its rolled when it spawns.
    Right. Like I said in the post you qouted. If rares worked like WQ's it still wouldn't be like you stated because the drop rate of the mount would be determined when the rare spawned rather then when killed. It would still have the same drop rate. Rares do guarantee loot when killed. Just not the loot everyone kills them for. Just like the World Boss always gives you something.

Right. Like I said in the post you qouted. If rares worked like WQ's it still wouldn't be like you stated because the drop rate of the mount would be determined when the rare spawned rather then when killed. It would still have the same drop rate. Rares do guarantee loot when killed. Just not the loot everyone kills them for. Just like the World Boss always gives you something.
    yes and that would be a million times better, you would be able to see on your map "Tahonta is dropping the mount today time to go kill him" instead of wasting your time running over, grabbing neena, then running over and killing the thing.

15+ Year Old Account
    yes and that would be a million times better, you would be able to see on your map "Tahonta is dropping the mount today time to go kill him" instead of wasting your time running over, grabbing neena, then running over and killing the thing.
    You didn't understand what I said. It would not be 100% drops but simply the drop chance being determined when the Rare spawned for the day rather then when each person killed them. That doesn't mean it would be 100% but just when the drop roll took place. You aren't wasting time running over to grab neena either. You'll already be in the zone and going in and out of the covenant area normally anyways. If you are going to exaggerate like that you might as well include the time to log in and select a character or other irrelevant stuff.

OMGerd a whole 6 months of farming 3 rares on one character daily.... I had a point where over a 4 year stretch I was running TK weekly on 10 characters for the damn mount... never got it. I don't even bother running it anymore except on a rare time that i'm utterly bored and still want to play WoW instead of logging onto another game, watching Hulu/Netflix or just going out and spending time away from my computer screen. I love how so many people on the forums use the word "forced", you aren't "forced" to do jack. There's nobody standing behind you with a gun to your head or the head of someone you love and telling you that "you will do this or else". YOU are CHOOSING to do whatever it is you are doing!!

10+ Year Old Account
    i much rather farm a mob 1 time for a couple hours
    then kill the mob for 5 minutes every single day for 6 months.
    That is beyond irrational.

Maybe if you have all the time in the world to sit around and waste time on WoW,
    sure, but for the majority of people who don't enjoy sitting around and doing nothing
    for a chance at an item, just coming in to kill a mob once and then trying tomorrow
    is infinitely more productive and far superior of a method.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    Ugh, no? I don't want another Poundfist experience ever again. Had a friend camping with me for SO MANY HOURS, he left for just a couple minutes to grab coffee and then it spawned, dude missed it by seconds.

--

This is just miserable.
    Yeah that does suck but I think there are two solutions: fewer rare spawn mounts like that (I think there are too many already) and a high respawn rate. Camping days like that is nuts, but there's a happy medium between that and today's world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akhlys View Post
    Once upon a time, boats were full of leaks. Now, our leaks are full of boats.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post

Maybe if you have all the time in the world to sit around and waste time on WoW,
    sure, but for the majority of people who don't enjoy sitting around and doing nothing
    for a chance at an item, just coming in to kill a mob once and then trying tomorrow

Maybe if you have all the time in the world to farm everyday and waste time on WoW,
    sure, but for the majority of people who don't enjoy killing the same mob every day
    for a guaranteed item, just coming in to zone and afk while playing another game or doing work

I had been trying to get every mog on my hunter, seems it's a bit far fetched with SL. I guess I can just worry about the 1 covenant i'm with, and not worry about the other 3s items specifically tied to them.

Also sucks a bit as a hunter on personal loot, most of the weapons i can use won't drop, so i need at least 2 others chars to get some of them.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post

With the systems in play within WoW right now, it's not irrational at all.

Even if a mob has a long respawn timer, group finder and being able to hop realms enables people to potentially bypass the waiting time. As an example in Shadowlands, Blanchy has a fairly restrictive time-to-interact before it despawns, and group finder actually alleviates the downsides a bit since finding a group with Blanchy up (at least earlier in the xpac) was pretty easy at any given time. Beyond Blanchy, there are other rares that have much longer spawn timers that more often than not can be found in group finder in less time than waiting for the rare on your own realm solo would take.

However, I'd prefer Blizz takes it a step further and make the rares actually rare while guaranteeing the rare drops. What does this mean? First of all, cut down on the number of rares, as it's getting to the point where a mob being rare is more of a meme than a good descriptor of the mob in question. One of the reasons I stopped being a collector for pets/mounts/achievements is that Blizz adds tons of mounts and pets every patch now, many of them being in the 0.1% drop chance (or something very low) across tons of "rare" mobs. It's getting to the point that Blizz has made what once was a semi-engaging activity into a chore due to volume alone. I kind of blame MoP expansion for this, especially with Timeless Isle and the "Going to Need a Bigger Bag" achievement, especially when it wasn't account-wide at the time; since that time, the model has been expanded to levels that such a system should not have reached.

Secondly, if you're going to keep the same number of rares and have the same "drop rate" for items that people actually want, extending the lockout for the rares to once a week would probably alleviate many of the grinding issues involved. Keep in mind, I think this is a distant second to guaranteed drops on actually rare mobs, but it'd still be better than the system we have today. As it stands right now, Shadowlands rares are actually just daily quests, they just aren't labeled on your map as such despite functioning the exact same way.

Thirdly, even though it's not necessarily the rares themselves, I feel like the sheer volume of mounts/pets/etc. introduced every patch is the reason why we have so many rares nowadays. In terms of effort involved to add mounts/pets/etc. into the game in an organic way, it's far easier to just add a new NPC that you have to kill versus crafting events, narratives, questlines, etc. as a vehicle for the rewards. The sheer volume of stuff acquired from rares also has the side effect of wearing out the long-time collectors, as well.

At this point, the fact that we even refer to these mobs as rares is almost farcical at this point. It's way more accurate to call them world quest NPCs that give you some anima and usually a very low chance to drop something potentially interesting.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

One of the most annoying rare mobs I've had the displeasure of trying (and failing) to get the mount was Soundless.
    -Is in Naj'zatar
    -Requires flying to get to the top of the coral trees
    -Has multiple spawn locations within an area
    -Has a 7 HOUR respawn rate on a server (Correct me if I'm wrong)
    -Drop isn't even a guarantee
    -Mob can be tamed by a hunter (It has happened to me before)

It's like they took the worse aspects of rare mount mobs (long waits and random spawn points like TLPD, and low drop chance like Rustfeather), and rolled it into one of the most hated mount mobs in WoW history.

Either make the spawn rates more frequent (15-30 mins) in a single spot, or make it a guarantee drop to justify waiting all day for it.

Anyway, I know you're not being "forced" into collecting things like transmogs, mounts, or pets. But for those who choose to collect them, it can sometimes feel like a chore with little to no payoff, especially when quite a few of them have so many annoying hoops to jump through.