Page 18 of 61 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by formerShandalay View Post
    You know, at the end I felt really sorry for Walker, even though I felt more sorry for the guy who actually used to like Captain America and was killed. John Walker clearly seems to be guy that is defined by his wish to live up to expectations and has always had a certain understanding of what this 'living up to expectations' has to look like. He has to be smart, smile, be brutal when getting shat on, do 'the job' by any means neccessary and never acknowledge any (perceived) weakness. He seems to suffer from PTSD, but also seems to view therapy as unneccessary. He needs to be shown constant respect and be the most important person in any given room. He doesn't take other peoples' strenghts into account or he would have known about the Dora Milaje and the fact that Wakandans have freaking Vibranium clothes (which would maybe make him less shocked that he lost against them, because they are supersoldiers in a way). Had he not been made Captain America, he may have become a great man, even with the serum possibly, because he'd have one less expectation to live up to and his ego would not have been as inflated by that. Whoever made the decision to give him the shield and title has done John Walker a disservice (and maybe on purpose, but that's just my opinion^^) and made him from a flawed man into a monster. He could have become a good man under other circumstances.
    (
    In a way, John is like Blonsky from The Incredible Hulk. Didn't start off as a monster, but by trying to meet expectations and their own desire to be "the best" drove them on a negative character arc. Where they feel the need to go through any means necessary to prove to themselves and others that they are more than the myth they tried to present. Hell, Ross calls out Blonsky on why he would still do tours when he is in his late 40's. Blonsky's goal in that film was to prove that he was the best. He asks Ross if Banner was a fighter the moment he got his orders. Getting rekted by the Hulk only pushed him towards those extreme ends. Taking the serum that enhances positive or negative traits of a person didn't help either of them. Walker is trying to live up to Steve's legacy. Which is why he tried so hard to gain the approval of Sam and Bucky in episode 2. He feels that without their approval he can never truly be "Captain America".

Honestly I am eager to see how Marvel will handle Blonsky in the She-hulk series they have in production. Was a surprise they got Tim Roth back for the role too.
    Last edited by Volardelis; 2021-04-10 at 01:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Volardelis View Post
    In a way, John is like Blonsky from The Incredible Hulk. Didn't start off as a monster, but by trying to meet expectations and their own desire to be "the best" drove them on a negative character arc. Where they feel the need to go through any means necessary to prove to themselves and others that they are more than the myth they tried to present. Hell, Ross calls out Blonsky on why he would still do tours when he is in his late 40's. Blonsky's goal in that film was to prove that he was the best. He asks Ross if Banner was a fighter the moment he got his orders. Getting rekted by the Hulk only pushed him towards those extreme ends. Taking the serum that enhances positive or negative traits of a person didn't help either of them. Walker is trying to live up to Steve's legacy. Which is why he tried so hard to gain the approval of Sam and Bucky in episode 2. He feels that without their approval he can never truly be "Captain America".

Honestly I am eager to see how Marvel will handle Blonsky in the She-hulk series they have in production. Was a surprise they got Tim Roth back for the role too.
    That's a really good comparison to Blonsky there. I think I only watched that movie once, because usually Hulk stuff isn't something I like a lot, but I guess I have to watch it again some time, because it's becoming relevant again for stuff I really like, with Ross being in Black Widow and possibly some Thunderbolts coming into the mix later. ^^

On a different note, I found another dance remix, not by Marvel themselves this time, but I hope they'll at least not take it down for copyright or something

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Was obvious walker wasn't the new cap. Marvel wouldn't have the balls to give it to a white dude after flirting it with Sam
    oh by the end of the series Falcon is definitely going to take the mantle over

I already liked Zemo as a character, despite how little screen time he had in Civil War. After this show he's probably one of my favorite MCU characters. He only hesitated for a minute before smashing every Super Soldier vial he could.

I have a thought about Walker as a super soldier and the threat he now poses: the Super Soldier serum takes what you already have and enhances it, right? Well Karli and her people are just normal people. With the serum they're extremely dangerous, true, but look at what Walker was starting with. He's already been shown to be about as fast and strong as a normal, non-enhanced person can be. So, it stands to reason that after taking the serum, he's probably the strongest and deadliest Super Soldier on the board. He could possibly take on Karli AND her whole crew.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    oh by the end of the series Falcon is definitely going to take the mantle over
    And then he can complete his marvel hero arc and say his superhero name aloud

Was obvious walker wasn't the new cap. Marvel wouldn't have the balls to give it to a white dude after flirting it with Sam
    John Walker was Captain America for a brief stint in the Comics too. So were Bucky and Sam.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    John Walker was Captain America for a brief stint in the Comics too. So were Bucky and Sam.
    Still havent even been introduced to Lady death and they've done the Thano's arc also. So the comics dont mean that much other than a source for ideas.

Still havent even been introduced to Lady death and they've done the Thano's arc also. So the comics dont mean that much other than a source for ideas.
    Sure, but John Walker temporarily filling in as Captain America and failing is one of those ideas.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Anyone else think Sharon Carter could be the Powerbroker?

So, does anyone think the next episode will be about the divided atmosphere of America and half of the people being like "Good, the terrorist deserved it" and the other half being like "Wow, this is horrific, All Captains Are Bastards"?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. Think its General Ross.

It is a bit suspicious that they've never shown the character, and she conveniently seems to show up at just the right time (or have just the right solution to a problem). But I don't know if that's what they're going to do, or if she's just the cliche "tech guy I talk to through my magic earpiece" character...to replace that young military dude who showed up at the very beginning.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lokithor View Post
    ooh that is another good theory.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    It is a bit suspicious that they've never shown the character, and she conveniently seems to show up at just the right time (or have just the right solution to a problem). But I don't know if that's what they're going to do, or if she's just the cliche "tech guy I talk to through my magic earpiece" character...to replace that young military dude who showed up at the very beginning.
    yeah for someone who is apparently "on the run" from the CIA after the events of Civil War she certainly has set herself up well. Plus she has access to satellites which she uses to track Walker. surely that kind of stuff would be above someone slumming it in Latvia... unless she's more connected than she's letting on

Quote Originally Posted by lokithor View Post
    Yeah I'm more inclined to believe it's someone else as that would just be too in your face an answer. I mean the powerbroker isn't even really doing TOO much that is nefarious from what I've seen, it's just someone else behind the scenes and they CLEARLY don't like the "bad guys" because they interfered with their serum business. Sharon seems like she cares, but she doesn't where she more cares about having her name cleared. If she was the Powerbroker she wouldn't need her name cleared nor would she even remotely care and would probably ask something different of Sam and Bucky. Instead she specifically tells them she wants only that they exonerate her for giving the shield and wings in Civil War as she got screwed over for it.

- - - Updated - - -

ooh that is another good theory.

- - - Updated - - -

yeah for someone who is apparently "on the run" from the CIA after the events of Civil War she certainly has set herself up well. Plus she has access to satellites which she uses to track Walker. surely that kind of stuff would be above someone slumming it in Latvia... unless she's more connected than she's letting on
    She literally says she used her connections to do all of that and she CLEARLY had some skills as she was spying on Steve in WS and multiple other instances of what she can pull off. It's been YEARS since CW where she had to hide and get herself secure. CIA would not have been doing much in terms of dealing with her during the 5 years. Once again you claim the satellites and seem to forget what just happened in terms of governments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    So, does anyone think the next episode will be about the divided atmosphere of America and half of the people being like "Good, the terrorist deserved it" and the other half being like "Wow, this is horrific, All Captains Are Bastards"?
    I think they are going to introduce the US government as shady or corrupt

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Well, they already did that episode 1. Making a big show of accepting the shield and putting it on display, only to immediately turn around and hand it to their new mascot.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    I don't think they ever really have to show that now, do they?
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    The MCU didn't have the rights to Lady Death clearly, I believe. Lady Death is one of those weird characters where the rights were odd since she plays a role with the characters that the MCU had (Thanos) but also one they originally didn't (Deadpool).

Remember, Marvel didn't have rights for a lot of characters for a while and currently still don't have the Live Action/Feature Film rights to Spider-man characters. And they only recently got all the rights to Hulk Characters from Universal back and of course the 20th Century purchase to regain the rights to the X-Man and Fantastic Four characters (which was why Agatha Harkness was in Wandavision.)
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

5+ Year Old Account
    Watchd Cap winter soldier movie yesterday n bucky tearing shit up, it is laughable how tame they have made him in this tv show...he would have torn through those wakandians without breaking a sweat..it's an ok show, even though it's a bit on the woke side in some parts, but only slightly so it doesn't get too annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Watchd Cap winter soldier movie yesterday n bucky tearing shit up, it is laughable how tame they have made him in this tv show...he would have torn through those wakandians without breaking a sweat...
    What, you mean a soulless super-soldier assassin would have performed better in combat than a deprogrammed Bucky with no reason to go all out against the people who helped him break that conditioning? Shocking. These are the same people who were able to subdue an empowered Killmonger before his suit got him out of the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    it's a bit on the woke side
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2021-04-10 at 01:54 PM.