Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Rapper DMX (Earl Simmons) dead at 50. RIP

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/09/a...l-simmons.html

His family announced the death in a statement. He had been on life support at White Plains Hospital after suffering what his family called “a catastrophic cardiac arrest” a week earlier.

On April 2, Mr. Simmons had a heart attack at his home in White Plains. In the days that followed, representatives for the rapper said he was in a coma and on life support “in a vegetative state.” Outside of the hospital, family and friends gathered with hundreds of fans, playing DMX’s music aloud and praying, holding up their arms in the shape of an X.
    Just a reminder of better days.

Last edited by Mihalik; 2021-04-09 at 05:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey yo I'm slipping I'm falling can't get up
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

RIP well he had drug issues for a very long time so not a surprise but still sucks.
    Do you hear the voices too?

10+ Year Old Account
    True kings are chosen, not born. A real leader of the people.

Maybe his best moment on TMZ.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah terrible situation feel for him and his family, honestly when I heard they had him on life support, I was pretty sure it was all but official. Lots of rumors swirling around such as he was breathing on his own but still on life support.

To me based on the rumors circulating I figured if he was at least breathing on his own, things like cardiac, kidney functions and what not maybe they were waiting to let his body heal and rest before taking him off that. However on Wednesday his attorney made it clear they were yet to test him for brain function, I was sure it was a wrap.

Either way, very sad, he seemed to live a hard existence. R.I.P
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Ah damn. X gon give is one of my top songs for getting hyped.

Drugs fk u up. RIP

I love DMX man. Still blast his albums to this day, grew up listening to him. His real coming out party was Get At Me Dog, and if you needed to know anything about DMX and who he was as an artist, the song and video tell you everything... It's just pure energy.

Strangely enough out of all the music he's made, how many good memories I have connected to it; there is one song that I always come back to almost religiously.

He's so damn happy there, and that's how I'll always remember him.

That really sucks. I'm not the biggest rap fan, but DMX was one of my favorites, I have some very fond memories of listening to his songs back in the day. RIP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Grew up listening to DMX. He's a very interesting man. I always hoped that he would beat his addiction. Last time I saw him was when he did his Verzuz and he looked like he was just happy to have so many fans who wanted to hear his music so he gave a solid performance. He will always be remembered as a rap legend.

It's nice to all the people who followed the man in some way paying their respects.
    Last edited by PACOX; 2021-04-10 at 12:48 AM.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

can't say i've ever heard of him, not that i'm into rap/hip hop

Quote Originally Posted by Othraerir View Post
    can't say i've ever heard of him, not that i'm into rap/hip hop
    So, you never played a video game or watched a movie throughout the 2000's? Just asking. Cuz if you did, you heard of DMX.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    So, you never played a video game or watched a movie throughout the 2000's? Just asking. Cuz if you did, you heard of DMX.
    He probably heard his music but that doesn’t mean he cared enough to pay attention to who song it was.
    I personally love x gon give to ya but I didn’t realize he was the singer till someone mentioned it today.

nah, haven't watched movies for years, and only really play wow/diablo.

even if i had of heard some of his music, i wouldn't know it was him anyway, not that i care, i hate that shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's a difference between hearing a song and hearing of who made that song

Oooh, so that's who produced this song. Cool. I thought it was that x-zibit from Pimp My Ride.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Quote Originally Posted by Othraerir View Post
    nah, haven't watched movies for years, and only really play wow/diablo.

even if i had of heard some of his music, i wouldn't know it was him anyway, not that i care, i hate that shit.
    Yet you decided to come into this thread, about the death of a rapper lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Or the first Deadpool.

People will have heard his music and had no idea which artist had made it, I had heard of DMX but if asked couldn't have given the name of any of his tracks. Since his death and the almost uniform grief and respect that I've witnessed since I can at least appreciate that he must have been a cut above the others, it isn't often that basically everyone is like "Damn, that sucks" when a celebrity dies. Went and put on X Gon' Give it to Ya and listened to it properly instead of it being background hype music. Banging track.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.