Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    Good luck the bots.
    Bots are super easy to kill. Or get killed if they are same-faction.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    Before TBC announcement there was dozens of threads about how gold wipe would be mandatory in TBC. People said everyone is sitting with tens of thousands of gold and in TBC everyone will have hundreds of thousands or million gold because of this hyperinflation.

Now those threads have been replaced by "Please bring dual spec to game cuz it's annoying to spend 50g every time we respec"
    ??? didn't everyone have 20k+ gold and every herb will cost 50g+

1 hour of herb/mote farming will give you weeks of respecs because of this hyper inflation.

Or was the inflation all lie?
    What you're saying makes very little sense. It essentially boils down to: "Group A believes that inflation is a problem, but this totally separate Group B believes that 50g is a lot, does inflation exist?" It's silly. There can be people who recognize that inflation exists and others who have such small amounts of gold as to believe that 50g respecs are a large sum of money (esp. if constantly used, such as people who swap between PvE and PvP specs, or different PvE specs when raiding).
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    I stated it very clearly in my first post. The start out price will rapidly drop as supply increases due to no one but a few being able to buy them.

inflation isn't really the issue here. The issue is there are few people with lots of gold. That alone doesn't cause inflation
    That was quite possibly the biggest mental gymnastics performance I’ve ever seen lol. I think you’re just looking to argue with someone and you missed your target sweetheart.

On one hand it's an extreme exagerration. There won't be that many people strating tbc with over 5k gold .. let alone tens and eve hunders of thousands.

Sure there will be an super small amount that do, but not as people make it out to be, lile everyone who plays classic now is a super rich god ... half of my guild are broke as fuck between their jobs and prepping naxx consumables each week.

On another hand, prices will be dictated by the server as a whole based on the supply and demand. Even if a primal will go for obscene amounts, the rest of consumables will go for those amounts as well, so you earn big in one place and spend big in another.
    Yes, a wealthy economy will make it easier on services sold by the game, but outside of the 5k epic fly, everything else is super accessible regardless of the economy.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowroguetbc View Post
    That was quite possibly the biggest mental gymnastics performance I’ve ever seen lol. I think you’re just looking to argue with someone and you missed your target sweetheart.
    If you think that was mental gymnastics you don’t understand what inflation is.

“Some people have lots of money and some don’t” is INEQUALITY. Inflation is when EVERYONE has lots of money so it doesn’t mean anything anymore.

Inequality does not drive prices up. The people with lots of money buy the things, even at very high prices, and then the price of the things goes down because sellers still want money and there’s no demand at exorbitant prices. Inflation drives prices up, but no one in this thread is talking about inflation. They’re just using the WORD inflation, because they don’t know what they’re talking about.
    Last edited by Snufflupagus; 2021-04-10 at 06:57 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltherLeopold View Post
    so, why would the top 10% hoard all the primals and valuable materials by buying them at exorbitant prices rather than waiting for the prices to normalize for all the tourists and low end raiders to afford it?

No one I know with a lot of gold made that gold by buying really, really expensive things frivolously, I have spent collective hundreds of hours to grind my treasure of 20k, i'm not gonna spend it on 5 primals.

The whole inflation thing is a huge strawman, if you don't have the gold you probably don't care enough about your performance anyway, because if you did then you would have acquired the gold.

As for "good luck with gathering vs all the bots or w/e" is so false, almost every dungeon have herbs and/or mining nodes.
    I'm guessing you only read bits and pieces and focused in on select words because you post basically doesn't correctly retort anything I said especially that last line....

Do you realise how quick 50g a respec chews through gold reserves OP? I leveled a holy priest to avoid it on my paladin in TBC. Thats playing a class/spec (prot paladin) which could still solo/grind fine in that spec, but I still did it regularly enough to chew through thousands of gold over the expansion by switching through ret, prot and holy for different stuff. Healing specs are dreadful for soloing content in TBC for the most part. Even in t5+ a resto druids efficiency would still mean they should respec feral/boomkin to do dailies/grind gold and mats which now means they need to farm an extra 100g to break even. If you can only play a little every day rather than large blocks of time that could mean respeccing every day or couple of days. It adds up alot. I used money tracking addons in the end of TBC and I think over my 4 max level characters I spent 300-400g per week on respecs at once point. Also, aside from gold there is the time it takes each time. Travel + talents etc = time you arent doing something that benefits you whether it be progressing or making gold etc.

Also original vanilla WoW - TBC had players with massive gold reserves (and guilds). And lots who could barely afford epic mounts. Pretty sure it wont be much different this time around. Those who are rich, know how to make gold, and will make a lot more. Those who don't will still be relatively poor in comparison. Surge demand for materials will spike their price but once the richer players get to their end points the prices stabilize and drop. The smart players likely are already buying up large stocks of ore and stones to powerlevel JC as the first gems will be worth alot.

Quote Originally Posted by Snufflupagus View Post
    If you think that was mental gymnastics you don’t understand what inflation is.

“Some people have lots of money and some don’t” is INEQUALITY. Inflation is when EVERYONE has lots of money so it doesn’t mean anything anymore.

Inequality does not drive prices up. The people with lots of money buy the things, even at very high prices, and then the price of the things goes down because sellers still want money and there’s no demand at exorbitant prices. Inflation drives prices up, but no one in this thread is talking about inflation. They’re just using the WORD inflation, because they don’t know what they’re talking about.
    That’s not what inflation means even remotely lol. I think some of us need to go back to highschool.

Also I like how you assume what definition I meant and started arguing against it (even tho that’s not what I said), and then giving an even worse definition to correct it. Yikers bud.
    Last edited by shadowroguetbc; 2021-04-10 at 12:25 PM.

Good luck the bots.
    People talk about bots all the time, but I never see any. Are there any videos of such bots in action?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shadowroguetbc View Post
    That’s not what inflation means even remotely lol. I think some of us need to go back to highschool.

Also I like how you assume what definition I meant and started arguing against it (even tho that’s not what I said), and then giving an even worse definition to correct it. Yikers bud.
    You know, instead of saying "lol no thats wrong" maybe explain how you think it works? You're not adding anything.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    People talk about bots all the time, but I never see any. Are there any videos of such bots in action?

- - - Updated - - -

You know, instead of saying "lol no thats wrong" maybe explain how you think it works? You're not adding anything.
    There’s nothing to add, these nerds are trying to pick an argument out of nothing.

Someone asked if the inflation was a lie

I said no just wait till you see early tbc prices

They start arguing as if I’m complaining about the economy

I tell them again I’m not saying if it’s bad or good but that it just is...

So now they are trying to start a different argument dancing around the definition of ‘inflation’ and making up arguments for me (again) that I never said.

Inflation isn’t when “everyone has money”. And I never said it was ‘only when some people have money’.

If they wanted to learn the actual definition they can Google it themselves, but I’m not adding to an argument they are literally attempting to create out of thin air.

Inflation is when the value of a currency goes down, and general prices go up. “Everyone” doesn’t need to have gold in order to make this happen. Even looking at gold selling websites will tell you theirs inflation, the value of the gold itself is going down so prices will go up. Of course once they economy gets flooded with resources it will eventually level out to some degree, but at the beginning you will see how much gold is really in the game.

I can use one of a million examples to show you this, but if you had a brain you would understand that there is indeed inflation right now, there isn’t enough systems to remove gold as there is to make gold, so let’s put 2 and 2 together and quit trying to make arguments just to makes arguments when the answer is pretty fucking clear.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Grab some herbs\ores\primals, sell for super inflated values on ah, never worry about respec costs again?
    good luck actually finding nodes or mobs that drop motes with uncontrolled bots running rampant

Before TBC announcement there was dozens of threads about how gold wipe would be mandatory in TBC. People said everyone is sitting with tens of thousands of gold and in TBC everyone will have hundreds of thousands or million gold because of this hyperinflation.

Now those threads have been replaced by "Please bring dual spec to game cuz it's annoying to spend 50g every time we respec"

1 hour of herb/mote farming will give you weeks of respecs because of this hyper inflation.

The people asking for dual spec weren't the people who are sitting on 20k and making bank, but even of those who were Dual Spec allows you convenience far beyond the cost. Even if switching specs with Dual Spec still had a cost it would be an attractive convenience.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Different people making different demands.

There are DEFINITELY people with hundreds of thousands of gold sitting waiting for TBC. They're not the ones complaining about respec costs. They might be complaining about the inconvenience of having to go to a trainer, but they don't care about 50g. It's the lazy people complaining about 50g.

15+ Year Old Account
    People talking about bots don't know how to farm gold in WoW. I'll give you a hint: dungeons.

Also that gold people think everyone is hoarding was actually already redistributed through GDKP, buying the BWL, AQ trinkets, even Naxx weapons.
    Last edited by msdos; 2021-04-10 at 01:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    bots
    bots
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    bots
    Quote Originally Posted by Taeryc View Post
    bots
    Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    bots
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    Bots
    So much talk about bots but no one has ever seen any. Where could I find one in the world? If there are so many, how do I have no problem farming open nodes on any of the servers I've played on?

10+ Year Old Account
    People seem to think every server is a megaserver crammed full of farming bots. If you're that upset about it, roll on a smaller server--Bloodsail is a small server but it's still got people looking for groups and assembling raids at all hours of the day, and the economy is extremely affordable even for a leveling player without access to a dragon's hoard of gold.

Further, even on those megaservers, I would wager people overestimate how many players are walking around with enough gold to match Stormwind's GDP. Sure, there are a few players with a shitton of gold, but smart players would take advantage of that, find a leveling guide, powergrind to 70, and start farming primals on off hours to auction. Undercut the bots and sell in quantity, get some of those fat stacks for yourself. A gold wipe isn't going to stop bots or suddenly make players who knew how to play the economy not able to play the economy, nor is it going to reset prices for long--it's a bandaid solution to a problem that simply can't be addressed unless Blizzard begins artificially regulating the market, which you'd be hard-pressed to justify in a fake economy with no real-world application or value.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    People talking about bots don't know how to farm gold in WoW. I'll give you a hint: dungeons.

Also that gold people think everyone is hoarding was actually already redistributed through GDKP, buying the BWL, AQ trinkets, even Naxx weapons.
    Lol now I’m not saying we should really do much about it but I like how you made this point as if it somehow makes the problem better. When the gold gets redistributed that’s when you start having the issues.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    So much talk about bots but no one has ever seen any. Where could I find one in the world? If there are so many, how do I have no problem farming open nodes on any of the servers I've played on?
    They are everywhere. Go /who rogue brd right now and see how many are guileless on your server. Or ZG or Mara or dm:north or east. Most of the bots in classic are in dungeons specifically so they don’t get caught.

Grab some herbs\ores\primals, sell for super inflated values on ah, never worry about respec costs again?
    how are you going to grab some primals? surely there will be hundreds of people camping the spawns early on. elemental plateau or w/e it's called will be busy busy.

either way, TBC is going to be funny for people who aren't preparing now and can't buy epic flying the second they hit lvl 70.
    Last edited by Hellobolis; 2021-04-10 at 02:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    maybe people are just waiting now so there's not that much gold circulating in the economy
    and when everyone comes back for tbc, ouch
    gold will flow = inflation = gold less valuable = price spike

you can probably sell some big tickets boe on the AH for more than ever, which would give another hint

yy, good luck competing against the guys who instantly buy epic flying when they hit 70
    Quote Originally Posted by brandonf View Post
    Dear diary,
    This is Day 85 of farming primals for tailoring set. I can’t seem to understand how everyone around me magically has an epic flyer and I’m stuck here on my 60% flying mount losing all these tags. I checked the AH today to see if they have gone down from their 400g price per primal might but they still haven’t seem to budge. I guess I’ll try again tomorrow before I break down and buy gold off of a website that sells 10k gold for $30.