Page 31 of 122 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Not by you, who has pointed this out?

So you want to make it harder for consumers to find what they want? No information about ingredients and no information about the process used. How would consumers decide what they want in your world, dice?
    It was provided.

My argument has always been that I oppose government actions and restrictions that don't address a harmful act.

It's weird how much you corporatists want to give preferential treatment to large corporations like Jack Daniels.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    And here's the problem, this is regulating something that wasn't causing harm in the first place. And, as I pointed out, I oppose all government restrictions and actions that don't address a harmful action.

No, the law only makes it for that exclusionary reason, for that term. Otherwise, you'd have to argue that all the other bourbon and whisky made in Tennessee is swill... or "Coloured Bathtub Gin."
    I am financially harmed because I purchased a product that isn’t what the label says it is.

Almost all regulations are some variation of “don’t steal my shit”. This isn’t any different.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    I am financially harmed because I purchased a product that isn’t what the label says it is.

Almost all regulations are some variation of “don’t steal my shit”. This isn’t any different.
    You mean the term that Jack Daniels pulled out of their ass to force onto everyone else?

That term? To be clear, this is you arguing that everyone who bought whisky, including JD before 2013 was being harmed...

Man, you corporatists are something else.

15+ Year Old Account
    It was provided.
    It apparently wasn't, not once have you linked any sales or revenue numbers that link to this regulation.

My argument has always been that I oppose government actions and restrictions that don't address a harmful act.
    Yeah yeah, we know, we know. So how would companies protect their brands without restrictions that don't address a harmful act? Actually curious how a libertarian is going to argue against diversity.

It's weird how much you corporatists want to give preferential treatment to large corporations like Jack Daniels.
    Well, it's weird because there is no preferential treatment, so of course, you're confused as fuck.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

It apparently wasn't, not once have you linked any sales or revenue numbers that link to this regulation.

Yeah yeah, we know, we know. So how would companies protect their brands without restrictions that don't address a harmful act? Actually curious how a libertarian is going to argue against diversity.

Well, it's weird because there is no preferential treatment, so of course, you're confused as fuck.
    I made my argument, and backed it up. I'm under no obligation to entertain your straw man.

It's a sham you guys want to shill for corporate lobbyists so damn much.

You mean the term that Jack Daniels pulled out of their ass to force onto everyone else?

That term? To be clear, this is you arguing that everyone who bought whisky, including JD before 2013 was being harmed...
    Yes. Exactly. This law doesn’t protect JD in the slightest. It’s actually a straitjacket they willingly put on.

And since you’re pretty ignorant about the subject there are multiple distillers who produce Tennessee Whiskey. Anyone can make Whiskey. Your Whiskey can be Tennessee Whiskey if you use the correct process. Your buyers will be comforted knowing that they have purchased Tennessee Whiskey.

Why do you hate consumers so much? You strike me as the kind of person who would sell someone a box of lettuce but give them dirty cabbage instead.

Yes. Exactly. This law doesn’t protect JD in the slightest. It’s actually a straitjacket they willingly put on.

And since you’re pretty ignorant about the subject there are multiple distillers who produce Tennessee Whiskey. Anyone can make Whiskey. Your Whiskey can be Tennessee Whiskey if you use the correct process. Your buyers will be comforted knowing that they have purchased Tennessee Whiskey.

Why do you hate consumers so much? You strike me as the kind of person who would sell someone a box of lettuce but give them dirty cabbage instead.
    JD thinks so, because they are the ones who pushed it. So, if you disagree, take it up with them.

"So long as you look and act like us, you can call it Tennessee whiskey." -Jack Daniels-

Why do you love corporatism so much?

JD thinks so, because they are the ones who pushed it. So, if you disagree, take it up with them.

"So long as you look and act like us, you can call it Tennessee whiskey." -Jack Daniels-

Why do you love corporatism so much?
    There are at least 7 distillers of Tennessee Whiskey. All of them use the Lincoln County Process but each uses some alteration of that process. The shape of their barrels, their distillate, their charcoal, etc.

This isn’t a corporate protection law. This is a consumer protection law. This harms corporations since it forces them to a code of behaviour. JD simply made a financial calculation. Wear the straight jacket and promote consumer confidence or take a chance and cut some corners while dealing with unscrupulous competitors.

There are at least 7 distillers of Tennessee Whiskey. All of them use the Lincoln County Process but each uses some alteration of that process. The shape of their barrels, their distillate, their charcoal, etc.

This isn’t a corporate protection law. This is a consumer protection law. This harms corporations since it forces them to a code of behaviour. JD simply made a financial calculation. Wear the straight jacket and promote consumer confidence or take a chance and cut some corners while dealing with unscrupulous competitors.
    It has to be a very specific type of charcoal... the type of wood is mandated.

This is corporate protection, and was pushed by JD themselves.

This is what corporatism looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Ban all corporate money from politics. Now, explain how letting corporations own all the infrastructure won’t let them harm competition and small businesses.
    Would you ban all private money? Equality under the law is a real thing.

We're talking about a single, solitary regulation, try and keep up.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Would you ban all private money? Equality under the law is a real thing.
    Yes, as fast as I can snap my fingers. Feel free to let anyone donate to a political party. During a campaign for election every fraction of a cent need to be spent publicly and provided by an election budget from the government.
    People can be free to donate to that budget, which will then be split per capita of voters.
    - Lars

15+ Year Old Account
    I made my argument, and backed it up. I'm under no obligation to entertain your straw man.
    Except you didn't. I guess you now just move on to the next topic you can't back up and drop all the other arguments.

topics dropped so far:
    healthcare
    ingredients
    branding

I wonder what you're going to come up with next to be impressively wrong about.

It's a sham you guys want to shill for corporate lobbyists so damn much.
    Yay, new words. 10 MIP! woop woop
    Last edited by Mayhem; 2021-04-10 at 09:00 PM. Reason: totally wrong words used lul
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

No, let private individuals donate. Corporations aren’t people and PACs need be be banned as well. Answer the question about infrastructure.
    That's not equality under the law.

Business owners, shareholders, and employees are people.

I've been talking about this regulation, try and keep up.

- - - Updated - - -

Except you didn't. I guess you now just move on to your next argument you can't back up and drop all the other arguments.

Arguments dropped so far:
    healthcare
    ingredients
    branding

I wonder what you're going to come up with next to be impressively wrong about.

Yay, new words. 10 MIP! woop woop
    I'm not obligated to back up your arguments.

I backed up mine, with evidence.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm not obligated to back up your arguments.
    You couldn't even if you tried.

I backed up mine, with evidence.
    Stop lying. Come on, you're more creative than this.

Yep, and they can donate as private individuals. Try and keep up. Last time asking, answer the question about infrastructure.
    That has been discussed many, many times.

I'm literally trying t0o find common ground, by speaking about a specific regulation. If you care to discuss that, let me know.

Unlike you, I support equality under the law.

- - - Updated - - -

You couldn't even if you tried.

Stop lying. Come on, you're more creative than this.
    Well, they are your arguments... not mine.

My evidence was provided. Don't blame me, because you got caught supporting corporatism, and had the nerve to call it marketing.

It has to be a very specific type of charcoal... the type of wood is mandated.

This is corporate protection, and was pushed by JD themselves.

This is what corporatism looks like.
    How the distillate is introduced to the charcoal is not. George Dickel doesn’t use the same distillate as JD yet they’re both Tennessee Whiskey. Smells like competition.

This is what consumer protection looks like. The product inside the bottle matches the label outside the bottle. I’m appalled it didn’t happen till 2013.

I already told you, ban every political donation except those from private individuals. Meanwhile, thanks to your refusal to answer you have now admitted you’re for corporations literally controlling the country.
    Once again, this is your argument.

I'm discussing something else.

- - - Updated - - -

How the distillate is introduced to the charcoal is not. George Dickel doesn’t use the same distillate as JD yet they’re both Tennessee Whiskey. Smells like competition.

This is what consumer protection looks like. The product inside the bottle matches the label outside the bottle. I’m appalled it didn’t happen till 2013.
    I never said they have zero competition, I said it's specifically to limit competition.

This isn't consumer protection, this is corporatism.

No you aren’t. My argument fixes your issue. If you think it doesn’t explain how banning their method of getting political influence would allow them to continue to influence politicians.
    Your argument fixes legislation and regulations pushed by corporations like Jack Daniels?

Great, go on record and oppose the regulations they pushed.

You see, my problem isn't just with corporations who want to control government, it's also with many people who want to control government.

15+ Year Old Account
    My evidence was provided. Don't blame me, because you got caught supporting corporatism, and had the nerve to call it marketing.
    What do you think marketing is about? Apparently, according to you, it excludes branding and labeling.

What do you think marketing is about? Apparently, according to you, it excludes branding and labeling.
    Marketing is using the government to regulate away the competition?

Interesting.

So, all the anti-abortion groups who are pushing abortion restrictions on doctors, patients, and clinics are just marketing? Man, that must mean you support all those laws too, right?