Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Does so.
    You can't correlate Vanilla classes to WC3 Heroes as well as expansion ones.
    No, it doesn't matter. Because this distinction of yours is purely and simply arbitrary. It's subjective. In other words: it's nothing but your own opinion. Not to mention we can still make correlations: warrior is Muradin and Grommash, paladin is Arthas (pre-DK), Uther and Turalyon, hunter is Rexxar and Alleria, shaman is Thrall, druid is Malfurion, rogue is Garona, mage is Jaina and Khadgar. The only one without a direct hero correlation is the priest.

Which, in turn, is based on the WC3 Hero unit.
    It doesn't matter. Because what was inspired from the HotS Illidan hero for the WoW class does not exist in the WC3 unit.

It does. Because i can point out to where they pull out classes from.
    No, it doesn't. We don't need to know exactly where it came from, as long as we know it came from sources outside Warcraft 3. That's like saying if you don't know from which country a tourist came from, then it means he is an American.

Nonetheless, the point is that they used the Brewmaster as a basis,
    You still haven't proven that to be a fact. I'll repeat: it's very easy to argue that the basis for the class came from the popular media's (books, comics, games, movies) trope of the monk character.

Then, you have to back it up.
    Because, as far as i know, the Monk class is based, exclusively, on the Pandaren. Which, was only Chen the Brewmaster back then.
    Have you seen zero movies, read zero comics, etc? Have you never heard of Bruce Lee? Of Jackie Chan? Hell, one of Jackie Chan's arguably most famous movies is Drunken Fist, where he fights drunk.

Consideration does not guarantee addition. In the end, it failed to classes like the Death Knight and was integrated into it and into the Monk. So, you have to see the bigger picture as to what classes end up being added.
    But considering does prove that one does not need a Warcraft 3 hero to be valid. Otherwise, the runemaster would never be considered. Not even once, much less twice.

Wrong. You did the same mistake as Te riz did back then. The Dwarven Brewmaster creates brews, like the cooking profession. The Pandaren Brewmaster is unique, in the sense that he does not just make brews, like the others, but combines it with martial arts. Go check the lore.
    The WC3 pandaren brewmaster does not do martial arts. That is not represented in the lore, in the animations or the voice lines.

"Kil'jaeden taught the orcs the secrets of warlock magics, but the orcs could never master the powers of entropy and destruction as well as the wicked eredar."
    Source?

Then, there wouldn't be a need to call them Warlocks. Just name them Eredar.
    Not really. It could just be a type of mage for them. Just like "anchorite" is a type of priest for the draenei.

Warcraft I description:
    "Spells that channel the fire and brimstone of hell through their bodies, or can summon forth great creatures - even daemons - are theirs to use."

If you'd know more about lore, you'd know the Horde used to employ many demons with the help of their Warlocks:
    Led by Gul'dan
    Daemon - These dreaded hell spawns were summoned by the warlocks of the Shadow Council to do their bidding.

Demons - Many members of the Dark Horde practice demon worship and summon imps, felhounds, and felguards to their aid.
    Source?

- - - Updated - - -

You mean race?
    Because they're, basically, a blood-elven vampire, when you have a true Vampire race.
    Venthyr are not a "true vampire" race. If anything, the san'layn are the true vampires of WoW:
    "The San'layn are cold, arrogant vampyr who inflict pain for pure entertainment. Bearer of a curse which makes them hunger for blood,"

7+ Year Old Account
    A Ranger is more than just shooting a bow. It uses minor nature magic, stealth (or camouflage), and melee combat with daggers/one handed-swords.
    which is, literally any race in world of warcraft.
    Races affiliated with that profession:
    Blood elf, High elf, Night elf, Void elf, Human, Forsaken, Draenei, Pandaren.
    thats a big fat lie, any race can do that, you are either lying on purpose or just ignorant about the races of the game, which explain why your posts are so delusional.

even Taurens can use nature magic and fight with daggers and swords, the grimtotem tribe is a group literally designed to be ROGUES with stealth.

The shattered hand clan is literally an orcish clan that specilize in subterfurge, stealth, knifes and shortswords.

Trolls lterally have a class called shadow hunter that their pivotal point is mixing nature/shamanism and the arts of the hunters

You have no idea what you are talking about.

No. They are former High elves. High elves have rangers. Void elves have Umbral Rangers.
    they are ass rangers, void elves came from the group of BLOOD elves who were studying void magic, rangers don't do that.

It makes sense lore-wise, unlike your liberty of giving all classes to every race.
    No it don't, you don't have enough grasp of "lore" to say what is and what isn't lore-wise

your idea of "elf dark rangers only" does not make sense lore-wise, only in your head.
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2021-04-10 at 05:34 PM.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    I guess the closer we have its Blood Death Knight, also we have the Sanlayn, they are basically vampires.
    Which, won't become playable. Venthyr will.
    Well, we could get a 'Mini-class' (possibly just a small amout of abilities + Talents) that allows any character we make to become a Vampire. See: what ESO did lol
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    And why is that? Why are these class ideas wrong but Venthyr are a guaranteed addition?
    The addition of a new race is free in the long term. New classes and new specs have a development cost every time a new content patch comes around.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually do want Sanlayn, though BFA put my hopes for it down into the ground, and I also understand the dislike of people for another Elf race.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Well, we could get a 'Mini-class' (possibly just a small amout of abilities + Talents) that allows any character we make to become a Vampire. See: what ESO did lol
    Well we don't have any case of something like this, the closer we could have gotten with this were the DK, the vampirism showed so far is not "contagious" like the one in Skyrim.

I mean... Lycanthropy (worgens) fall more into that category than the Sanlayn vampirism.

Note: I kind of wanted a NE Worgen AR based on the art made by fans shown along time ago.

(But only with that Worgen look and not that NE look)
    Last edited by Maxilian; 2021-04-10 at 09:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Starbrand View Post
    holy shit! how long did this take you??? lot of thought, detail, and effort right here! Now if I can only get this same lvl of work out of my kids...
    Long enough, Mikey. Long enough...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    apothecary healer would be awesome but would need to be tied to a class in the current system so suffers the same issues as dark ranger or shadow hunter (being one spec wonders)

Would fit well into a tinker class that is based around technology. Its probably its only hope of being added imo.
    I always though that Aphotecary healer would be the Tinker alchemist subclass (but just how it is called by the Forsaken)

Honestly I don't think we will ever see a new class again.

Blizzard is already having a hard time working on the existing classes and all their specs, of which some play just as a new class would.

They're busy adding a quadrillion new races though and I'm sure we will see more of those.

Before they release a new class they should fix the classes we already have.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    I always though that Aphotecary healer would be the Tinker alchemist subclass (but just how it is called by the Forsaken)
    Yes that is exactly what i thought of too, apothecary healing spec that drops potions for allies to pick up like deckard cain in HotS, along with a bunch of other potion based science!

Tinker truly has some of the coolest potential options so long as people get their heads out of the 'goblins and gnome only!' mindset. My ideal tinker would be forsaken mad scientist like that one guy in ICC, i want a zombie with a tesla coil and potions!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    Yes that is exactly what i thought of too, apothecary healing spec that drops potions for allies to pick up like deckard cain in HotS, along with a bunch of other potion based science!

Tinker truly has some of the coolest potential options so long as people get their heads out of the 'goblins and gnome only!' mindset. My ideal tinker would be forsaken mad scientist like that one guy in ICC, i want a zombie with a tesla coil and potions!
    I can only imagine how the rest of the Horde members would see them: "Do you really want me to drink this? I... saw you making it, and you put stuff in it i'm not sure i should consume"

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    No but I don't want Venthyr either because it would shit all over the lore.
    No, it won't.
    It's something you're telling yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    No, it doesn't matter. Because this distinction of yours is purely and simply arbitrary. It's subjective. In other words: it's nothing but your own opinion. Not to mention we can still make correlations: warrior is Muradin and Grommash, paladin is Arthas (pre-DK), Uther and Turalyon, hunter is Rexxar and Alleria, shaman is Thrall, druid is Malfurion, rogue is Garona, mage is Jaina and Khadgar. The only one without a direct hero correlation is the priest.
    See? you're combining characters from different games. Turalyon was a Warcraft 2 unit, not 3. Alleria is a Warcraft 2 unit, not 3. Garona is a Warcraft 1 unit, not 3. Khadgar is a Warcraft 2 unit, not 3. And, you can't even relate the Priest.

It doesn't matter. Because what was inspired from the HotS Illidan hero for the WoW class does not exist in the WC3 unit.
    Meaningless. The Demon Hunter, originally, comes from WC3. So, whether you take inspiration from HotS or Hearthstone for its abilities is non-relevant. You can't expect them to just rely on a unit with 4 total abilities.

No, it doesn't. We don't need to know exactly where it came from, as long as we know it came from sources outside Warcraft 3. That's like saying if you don't know from which country a tourist came from, then it means he is an American.
    You do need to know, so you can have an argument. Anyway, it isn't really crucial, because in the end its based on the Pandaren Brewmaster. This thing doesn't exist in outside sources, other than Po in Kung Fu Panda.

You still haven't proven that to be a fact. I'll repeat: it's very easy to argue that the basis for the class came from the popular media's (books, comics, games, movies) trope of the monk character.
    Of course there would be general elements of the Monk in popular culture. They didn't invent the class, you know. But, the special thing about it is its Pandaren-exclusivity that you can't, really, relate to anything else.

Have you seen zero movies, read zero comics, etc? Have you never heard of Bruce Lee? Of Jackie Chan? Hell, one of Jackie Chan's arguably most famous movies is Drunken Fist, where he fights drunk.
    I've seen. And, it is indeed based on real-world Martial Arts. Even the Notes and Trivia mentions Drunken Monkey Fist. I'm not blind. But, you can't just claim that they used, entirely, outside sources for the class. In the end of it all, you can strongly associate it with the Pandaren Brewmaster of WC3. saying otherwise would be, really, foolish.

But considering does prove that one does not need a Warcraft 3 hero to be valid. Otherwise, the runemaster would never be considered. Not even once, much less twice.
    They've considered Dance Studio, as well. Don't expect to see it anytime soon.

The WC3 pandaren brewmaster does not do martial arts. That is not represented in the lore, in the animations or the voice lines.
    Oh, it doesn't?

the brewmasters of Pandaria have emerged from the bamboo forests of their ancestors to bring their unique fighting style (and robust ales) to the highest bidder.

Drunken Brawler (Passive)
    Gives a percent chance to avoid attacks and a 10% chance to deal additional damage.

Source?
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Eredar_warlock#Warlock

Not really. It could just be a type of mage for them. Just like "anchorite" is a type of priest for the draenei.
    Now you're just making things up.
    Warlock is not a Mage title. It's a class. Eredar are famous for having Warlocks. They were the first, actually, if i remember correctly.

Source?
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Old...ers_and_allies

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Dar...the_Dark_Horde

Do you, really, not remember these guys?:

Venthyr are not a "true vampire" race. If anything, the san'layn are the true vampires of WoW:
    "The San'layn are cold, arrogant vampyr who inflict pain for pure entertainment. Bearer of a curse which makes them hunger for blood,"
    Nah.. they are just vampiric Blood elves.
    Venthyr are based on the original Nosferatu vampires and mythology of the vampire creature. Read some of their notes:

"The appearance and themes of the venthyr seem mainly inspired by Dracula and its adaptations.
    The name "venthyr" is similar to the Ventrue, a prominent vampire clan from Vampire: The Masquerade. It's also similar to a number of Eastern European names for vampires or vampire-like creatures, such as Dhamphir.
    Specific Venthyr are references to real-world vampire myths or franchises".

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    which is, literally any race in world of warcraft.
    No, not everyone. That's why rangers are from groups like the Farstriders or Sentinels. Learn a thing or two.

thats a big fat lie, any race can do that, you are either lying on purpose or just ignorant about the races of the game, which explain why your posts are so delusional.

even Taurens can use nature magic and fight with daggers and swords, the grimtotem tribe is a group literally designed to be ROGUES with stealth.

The shattered hand clan is literally an orcish clan that specilize in subterfurge, stealth, knifes and shortswords.

Trolls lterally have a class called shadow hunter that their pivotal point is mixing nature/shamanism and the arts of the hunters

You have no idea what you are talking about.
    Didn't make this up:
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Ranger

they are ass rangers, void elves came from the group of BLOOD elves who were studying void magic, rangers don't do that.
    There are different types of Rangers. One delves into necromancy and is called a Dark Ranger. The other into Void, called Ren'dorei Ranger:

No it don't, you don't have enough grasp of "lore" to say what is and what isn't lore-wise
    Actually, i do. Because you're talking from a none-lore point of view.

your idea of "elf dark rangers only" does not make sense lore-wise, only in your head.
    It's not my idea, it's lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    It's called the Venthyr covenant abilities and soulbinds.

3+ Year Old Account

Does joing the Venthyr give you the option to make your character look pale, with red eyes? Does it give you abilities that let your character siphon blood?
    No? There you go.

See? you're combining characters from different games. Turalyon was a Warcraft 2 unit, not 3. Alleria is a Warcraft 2 unit, not 3. Garona is a Warcraft 1 unit, not 3. Khadgar is a Warcraft 2 unit, not 3. And, you can't even relate the Priest.
    Turalyon is a paladin in WC2. Alleria is an archer unit in WC2. Khadgar is a mage in WC2.

And even without all that, there is one inescapable fact, here: all your distinctions are purely arbitrary. They're nothing but your own opinion. I'm sorry (no, I'm not), but this is a fact.

Meaningless.
    It's not meaningless. Because the HotS Illidan plays nothing like the WC3 demon hunter unit. Their abilities are nothing alike, too. The HotS version has many ways to quickly get up-and-personal with the enemies, while the WC3 stays at range when in metamorphosis. HotS version self-heals, while WC3 version has self-immolation.

You do need to know, so you can have an argument.
    No, we don't. I don't need to know exactly where a person comes from to know it's a foreigner. Suffices to know that they don't live in the same country as I do.

Of course there would be general elements of the Monk in popular culture. They didn't invent the class, you know. But, the special thing about it is its Pandaren-exclusivity that you can't, really, relate to anything else.
    We can, though. Pandas aren't exactly something Blizzard created, you know? Nor the drunken fighting. Or chi.

I've seen. And, it is indeed based on real-world Martial Arts. Even the Notes and Trivia mentions Drunken Monkey Fist. I'm not blind. But, you can't just claim that they used, entirely, outside sources for the class.
    I can, actually. It's easy to make an argument that the WC3 pandaren brewmaster was used for flavor and a link to a notable NPC.

Not the same thing. We're talking about playable classes here.

Oh, it doesn't?

the brewmasters of Pandaria have emerged from the bamboo forests of their ancestors to bring their unique fighting style (and robust ales) to the highest bidder.

Gives a percent chance to avoid attacks and a 10% chance to deal additional damage.
    Yeah, it doesn't. Because "unique fighting style" does not equate to "oriental style martial arts". And "drunken brawler"? Really? Any drunkard that starts a fight is a "drunken brawler".

Warlock is not a Mage title. It's a class. Eredar are famous for having Warlocks. They were the first, actually, if i remember correctly.
    Except I'm not making things up. Anchorites are really just a different name for 'priests' for the draenei. And the tauren's Sunwalkers? They're paladins, but they don't use the Light.

Venthyr are based on the original Nosferatu vampires and mythology of the vampire creature. Read some of their notes:

"The appearance and themes of the venthyr seem mainly inspired by Dracula and its adaptations.
    The name "venthyr" is similar to the Ventrue, a prominent vampire clan from Vampire: The Masquerade. It's also similar to a number of Eastern European names for vampires or vampire-like creatures, such as Dhamphir.
    It doesn't change the fact that the San'layn are more a 'true vampire' than the Venthyr. Venthyr don't suck blood, San'layn do. San'layn are literally 'born' from being bitten. Venthyr just... are born out of souls. And more.

7+ Year Old Account
    No, not everyone. That's why rangers are from groups like the Farstriders or Sentinels. Learn a thing or two.
    incorrect, everyone does, like i showed to you.

every single race can pick hunter

you did, and if you used the two neurons to read the rest you could see that there is multiple races who fit that description and are also called rangers like orcs and pandarens

you are again, cherypicking evidence

im talking about lore points, dark rangers are forsaken only, if they are teaching other races they can teach any race who can shot a bow
    nope, its your headcanon, totally wrong.

No, it won't.
    It's something you're telling yourself.

Meaningless. The Demon Hunter, originally, comes from WC3. So, whether you take inspiration from HotS or Hearthstone for its abilities is non-relevant. You can't expect them to just rely on a unit with 4 total abilities.

You do need to know, so you can have an argument. Anyway, it isn't really crucial, because in the end its based on the Pandaren Brewmaster. This thing doesn't exist in outside sources, other than Po in Kung Fu Panda.

I've seen. And, it is indeed based on real-world Martial Arts. Even the Notes and Trivia mentions Drunken Monkey Fist. I'm not blind. But, you can't just claim that they used, entirely, outside sources for the class. In the end of it all, you can strongly associate it with the Pandaren Brewmaster of WC3. saying otherwise would be, really, foolish.

Oh, it doesn't?

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Eredar_warlock#Warlock

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Old...ers_and_allies

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Dar...the_Dark_Horde

Do you, really, not remember these guys?:

Didn't make this up:
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Ranger

There are different types of Rangers. One delves into necromancy and is called a Dark Ranger. The other into Void, called Ren'dorei Ranger:

Venthyr require anima to continue existing like literally every other denizen of the Shadowlands. If they became playable, Blizzard would literally be throwing away the most important element of the expansion. So yes, if covenant races became playable, Blizzard would be shitting all over the lore they JUST established in Shadowlands. Because anima doesn't exist outside the Shadowlands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing exclude another race from becoming a Dark Ranger, the only thing that limited it were the trainers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Venthyr require anima to continue existing like literally every other denizen of the Shadowlands. If they became playable, Blizzard would literally be throwing away the most important element of the expansion. So yes, if covenant races became playable, Blizzard would be shitting all over the lore they JUST established in Shadowlands. Because anima doesn't exist outside the Shadowlands.
    Meh. Denizens of the Shadowlands have always traversed to Azeroth (e.g. Kyrian, loa, Drust, etc.). They've already taken on important roles in the cosmic war (i.e. Necrolords). Anima is inherently in souls, so it's not dependent on the Shadowlands.

10+ Year Old Account
    /snip
    Your general assertion is correct.

The original WoW classes are combinations of multiple classes and units. The Warlock for example is largely a class that took multiple demonic abilities from various heroes and units and combined it into a class. Shaman took multiple abilities from multiple Shaman units and combined them into a class.

The expansion classes took a slightly different route. They've been based entirely on individual hero characters dating back to WC3, and the class is introduced in expansions heavily themed around the expansions they were released in.

As it currently stands, the only class concepts that match the previous inclusions are Dark Ranger and the Tinker. Dark Ranger is in a rather precarious position due to Sylvanas' situation in the current expansion, and Nathanos (and Dark Rangers in general) being heavily tied to the Hunter class.

The Tinker is in a rather strong position due to Gazlowe now being the leader of the Goblin race within the Horde, and that Tinker abilities still remain outside the class line up, and there are a lot of Tinker abilities.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post

It doesn't change the fact that the San'layn are more a 'true vampire' than the Venthyr. Venthyr don't suck blood, San'layn do. San'layn are literally 'born' from being bitten. Venthyr just... are born out of souls. And more.
    Exactly. We just need there to be 'San'Layn' (probably not 'true' ones but eh) that aren't elves, and 'feral' ones that attack other races and turn them into vampires