Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    ok?
    That answers precisely nothing.
    Also, I didn't directly reply to any of your posts so what are you even trying to do here?
    Funny how this image says otherwise............

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    Funny how this image says otherwise
    Alright gotcha.
    So back to how you didn't answer anything regarding bots in the open world, which is what I was talking about to begin with.

15+ Year Old Account
    So much talk about bots but no one has ever seen any. Where could I find one in the world? If there are so many, how do I have no problem farming open nodes on any of the servers I've played on?
    But to answer your question directly about where you can find one in the world and why you have no problem farming open nodes IN CLASSIC the answer is the fact Blizzard banned a bunch of accounts not all that long ago for that very reason (as I stated in the first time I replied to your post you tagged me in). The issue was how inflated the economy became because of these botting accounts.

But to answer your question directly about where you can find one in the world and why you have no problem farming open nodes IN CLASSIC the answer is the fact Blizzard banned a bunch of accounts not all that long ago for that very reason (as I stated in the first time I replied to your post you tagged me in). The issue was how inflated the economy became because of these botting accounts.
    I quoted as many people as I could who mentioned bots in order to get a better understanding of how big of a problem it is. I often see people talk about how bots are coming to get us in TBC and how it's going to be impossible to gather items in order to capitalize on the very botted gold you're referring to. It seems that BRD rogues are kind of a problem but that's about it.

15+ Year Old Account
    I quoted as many people as I could who mentioned bots in order to get a better understanding of how big of a problem it is. I often see people talk about how bots are coming to get us in TBC and how it's going to be impossible to gather items in order to capitalize on the very botted gold you're referring to. It seems that BRD rogues are kind of a problem but that's about it.
    The problem isn't about botting in Classic BC but the bots that were in Classic that farmed these high amounts of gold that inflated the amount of gold circulating overall in Classic and how without a gold wipe when Classic BC launches those inflated gold amounts will remain in the economy.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowroguetbc View Post
    Ok lol. I’ll quote you on this when tailoring sets go for 20-30k in mats.
    You might want to learn what inflation is. Most of your posts isn't even talking about inflation or anything of the sort. Just "people have tons of gold; reset it" Even this example here isn't inflation.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure what there is to argue about. Back in the day, if you said something like this, people would just be like "git gud, learn 2 farm". It's a core skill to have in an an RPG anyway.

You farm the exact amount for your needs per week, there is no reason to hoard gold. There is no reason to complain about bots because there are good ways to obtain gold with zero bot interference. There's no reason to complain about inflation because you can just get whatever you need from the guild. Problems solved.

Yes, bots are bad, I know and this doesn't magically delete all 100% of them over night. We get it. If you want you can just farm them in pvp all day if it makes you feel better.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    You might want to learn what inflation is. Most of your posts isn't even talking about inflation or anything of the sort. Just "people have tons of gold; reset it" Even this example here isn't inflation.
    Ok explain to me what inflation is to you then. When in a ‘normal’ situation these sets sell for 5-10k gold but because of how much money is in the market it sells for much much more... please explain to me how this isn’t inflation.

The problem isn't about botting in Classic BC but the bots that were in Classic that farmed these high amounts of gold that inflated the amount of gold circulating overall in Classic and how without a gold wipe when Classic BC launches those inflated gold amounts will remain in the economy.
    We get to post our Felweed for many gold instead of many silver. What exactly is the problem with that?

15+ Year Old Account
    Inflation is irrelevant. Actually it makes the game easier, because it makes fixed price vendor stuff like epic mount and respecs easier to purchase. For the player economy it's largely irrelevant. The community is full of people who love to blow the smallest things out of proportion. (also, they suck at understanding economics)
    Last edited by Zka; 2021-04-11 at 10:08 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, it is worth less lol. If people had LESS gold with LESS inflation, and you could buy high ticket items for LESS gold, it makes your gold worth less when there is inflation and it causes certain items to cost a lot more gold.

I’m starting to genuinely think you don’t know what inflation is at all.

How is it worth less if other items still are bought for the same price? Seems to be the new items are worth more not that gold has less value.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    How is it worth less if other items still are bought for the same price? Seems to be the new items are worth more not that gold has less value.
    I actually just typed it out for you, if you aren’t going to read it I can’t help you.

Just ask what 10g can get you from one point in time to another in the AH (assuming supply is the same). If it buys less, then that's inflation in the player economy.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually just typed it out for you, if you aren’t going to read it I can’t help you.
    No you didn't even come close to answering my question. If I can buy the same items for the same price as always how is my gold worth less?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Just ask what 10g can get you from one point in time to another in the AH (assuming supply is the same). If it buys less, then that's inflation in the player economy.
    This is what I'm getting at. if all other items are the same price and only new high demand items are high priced is that inflation or just high demand?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

I think the issue is that it's not inflation in the strictest sense, it's that the amount of gold in Classic currently is a bit absurd. GDKP runs are part of the issue but only one facet of it. There is a ridiculous amount of botted gold entering the economy via the GDKP runs which is why there are concerns over the price of mats. As I've stated in my previous posts, "just farm, bro" is the obvious solution as the farmed mats will sell at the same inflated prices people are selling goods but I personally have skepticism whether farming will be a viable option early on. Time will tell.

This is what I'm getting at. if all other items are the same price and only new high demand items are high priced is that inflation or just high demand?
    If supply and demand remained roughly the same, its inflation. The same amount of gold is worth less because more of it exists amongst players. The passive gold you get from doing some quest or mob loot will get you less in the player market like the AH.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    If supply and demand remained roughly the same, its inflation. The same amount of gold is worth less because more of it exists amongst players. The passive gold you get from doing some quest or mob loot will get you less in the player market like the AH.
    huh??? if supply/demand/price are all the same it's inflation? Did you not read what I said? lol

By that logic, Inflation also never happened on Retail because people always buy new items each expansion for gold.

Look at the "goldsink" items in TBC, 1,2k Gold for a 22 Slot Bag, this is a legit joke when looking how much gold people throw around in Classic.

1 Hour of herbing / mote farming will get you a big fat nothing though (or nothing significant). Just like now in Classic. Bots make sure of that.
    A workaround is to do stealth runs for mining / herbing as a rogue / druid.

On my server (one of the biggest on EU) GMs doing GDKP runs make 50k gold a week. Each player in GDKP runs make on average 2-3k at the end of the run. It's pretty gross.
    They sell gold then for real money 15 EUR / 1000g. Gold selling sites then sell back to Wow Classic players at 20 EUR/1000g. Mostly no impacting bans happening.
    Last edited by Gratlim; 2021-04-11 at 03:06 PM.

huh??? if supply/demand/price are all the same it's inflation? Did you not read what I said? lol
    What exactly would cause demand to increase or decrease? Patch reworks? Item nerfs? Players will want whatever is valuable and useful on the AH. Supply and demand is not really going to change outside of however many bots exist vs players.

It's important to note that the main variable in question is the gold that exists in the economy. If it affects the prices and causes them to go up, that's inflation.