Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenGoldSharpie View Post
    What the absolute fuck is wrong with you?
    Lived experiences rather then fictional ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    I think it's more people realize children as a whole are little shits. There isn't a way I wouldn't use this as a kid to be a little ass hole and stir shit.

If you think they wouldnt I don't think you have ever been around kids.
    Just because you were a scumbag as a child doesn't mean everyone else was too, you really ought to stop projecting yourself onto literally everyone else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Just because you were a scumbag as a child doesn't mean everyone else was too, you really ought to stop projecting yourself onto literally everyone else.
    You ever seen a group of teenagers in a room?

The Lightbringer GreenGoldSharpie's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Admitting the the best part of you ran down your dad's leg is hardly the quip you think it is.

- - - Updated - - -

I taught alternative school, and I'd take any of those kids over the type of person who assumes they were all pieces of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenGoldSharpie View Post
    Admitting the the best part of you ran down your dad's leg is hardly the quip you think it is.

- - - Updated - - -

I taught alternative school, and I'd take any of those kids over the type of person who assumes they were all pieces of shit.
    To each their own. I just see it as another thing that could disrupt a classroom but I accept the reasoning behind most laws are not based around what the average person would do but the worst.

5+ Year Old Account
    To each their own. I just see it as another thing that could disrupt a classroom but I accept the reasoning behind most laws are not based around what the average person would do but the worst.
    Imagine thinking this shitshow you put on has anything to do with actual policy.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it's "disrupting" the classroom, it's because you're an incompetent boob of a teacher who shouldn't be licensed to teach dogs, let alone children.

Would the same people supporting this bill think it's okay for a teacher to pull a Doctor Cox with all the star sports players on the boys' football or basketball team, calling them all girl's names rather than their real names? Because that's literally what this law is set up for.

There is no justification for this law other than permitting teachers to bully and emotionally abuse students. Anyone supporting it is a sadist who's focused on how much people they dislike can get hurt through this.

It boggles the mind why treating people with respect and civility would be so controversial.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    It boggles the mind why treating people with respect and civility would be so controversial.
    Honestly, it was always going to lead to this. The entire inertia of the growing callousness towards others on full display by the right has made this sort of thinking pretty much inevitable. We've gone from at least surface displays of piety and institutional respect to outright dirtbag displays of loathing for any out group. What's scary is it's twisting things up into radical displays of illiberalism and a growing anti-democratic sentiment. And I don't mean in the sense of the liberalism as a politically leftist ideology or democratic in the sense of the party. I mean in the sense of the exclusion of out groups from the political process through anti-competitive democratic initiatives.

I mean, look at how absurd Kraken's statements are. "...I accept the reasoning behind most laws are not based around what the average person would do but the worst" is pretty much the worst possible way to design a school setting and seat a teacher-student relationship. It only makes sense if you're deeply authoritarian.

10+ Year Old Account
    We're talking about a place where not being allowed to own people remains controversial.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by downnola View Post
    Imaging paying these people's salaries via taxes so they can pass pointlessly cruel laws like this instead of improving the states infrastructure, expanding Medicaid, or anything that you'd expect your state government to do.
    Lets be fair here, the people who elect scum like that to office don't want them doing anything.

Yes, which is why your reply boggles my mind. Kids are notoriously shitty, so even as a joke, indicating you are trans in any way shape or form is going to garner you a lot of shit. Much more from other kids than you’re going to benefit from... what, making a teacher use a different name for you? Are you serious?

So your argument for why a group of traditionally bullied people shouldn’t be respected by their faculty is that other people will pretend to be part of the group of probably bullied kids?

Disregarding all that though - how exactly did you figure this whole thing works? Like, before this bill were you under the impression that kids just stood up infront of class one day and told their teachers to use their new name or else? Imagine a polite conversation where an insecure kid waits till after class to talk to their homeroom teacher alone.

“Sir, please call me X because it makes me more comfortable.” The student says.

“Tough, but no, fuck you and I dont actually care about your well being.” Says the person whose entire profession is looking after and nurturing children.

Over something as petty as a preferred name or pronoun. Can you actually imagine being such a colossal defective douche of a person?
    Last edited by Jaransan; 2021-04-11 at 07:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaransan View Post
    Yes, which is why your reply boggles my mind. Kids are notoriously shitty, so even as a joke, indicating you are trans in any way shape or form is going to garner you a lot of shit. Much more from other kids than you’re going to benefit from... what, making a teacher use a different name for you? Are you serious?

So your argument for why a group of traditionally bullied people shouldn’t be respected by their faculty is that other people will pretend to be part of the group of probably bullied kids?

Disregarding all that though - how exactly did you figure this whole thing works? Like, before this bill were you under the impression that kids just stood up infront of class one day and told their teachers to use their new name or else? Imagine a polite conversation where an insecure kid waits till after class to talk to their homeroom teacher alone.

“Sir, please call me X because it makes me more comfortable.” The student says.

“Tough, but no, fuck you and I dont actually care about your well being.” Says the person whose entire profession is looking after and nurturing children.

Over something as petty as a preferred name or pronoun. Can you actually imagine being such a colossal defective douche of a person?
    I mean I remember a week where a few dozen of us pretended to be orthodox jews to wear a hat to annoy faculty. I see this as just another route to give grief. If your commited get a legal name change.

I mean I remember a week where a few dozen of us pretended to be orthodox jews to wear a hat to annoy faculty. I see this as just another route to give grief. If your commited get a legal name change.
    That's in no way comparable, but it's awesome you're shameless in that attempt.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Tsk tsk for taking the easy route of using a traditional religion.

A kid of a co-worker went to school with a pasta strainer on their head, claiming to be a pastafarian. (And, yes, the principal grudgingly approved.)

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's more people realize children as a whole are little shits. There isn't a way I wouldn't use this as a kid to be a little ass hole and stir shit.

If you think they wouldnt I don't think you have ever been around kids.
    No one I knew in my uouth, and no kids I currently know are that pathetic and that so terribly raised. We were taught to respect others.

Really shows your upbringing.

- - - Updated - - -

Conservatism is an ideology based are fearing and hating those that are different then the cultural standards set by the Conservative groupthink.

It's just that in recent decades, to make up for their waning influence, they've added gleeful cruelty to their core values.

More like livid experiences.

‘If you’re committed get a legal name change’ says the adult to the child who probably has minimal capability to do exactly that, from a state run by people doing their damndest to make it hard to impossible for them to do exactly that.

I mean, you can see why ‘go through the proper channels’ when local government is doing its best to make sure there aren’t any falls somewhere between malicious and stupid if not straight up both right?

What am I saying, of course you do, you’re the dick I literally just paraphrased.

I mean, do you genuinely want to equate being jewish with being trans as far as persecution goes in the current year? Did I miss something and Teachers are now legally allowed to tell jewish students there religion is a stupid lie and they refuse to acknowledge it? Because if not, that isn’t really a proper comparison now is it. We have a word for people that do that to the jewish, I think it starts with an N?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaransan View Post
    Did I miss something and Teachers are now legally allowed to tell jewish students there religion is a stupid lie and they refuse to acknowledge it?
    Please don't give them ideas.

Yeah, respecting preferred pronouns of students is really going to upset the apple cart...
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.