Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    I would never order from someone with a new account or low on score, and additionally what the others above said.
    Can I be honey here? It was my first time on the site ever and I thought the 1200 5 star product review was the sellers score and realized after I paid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    eBay has a money back guarantee if you don't receive what you bought.

If you got what you paid for, such as an empty box, then you won't get anything back.

They don't have a money back guarantee if you bought something you shouldn't have for a price you shouldn't have.
    Okay, but it's clearly not described as a box.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    If they won't let you cancel it, or refuse a refund after you get scammed, do a charge-back through your bank.

Ebay won't like that and will likely ban you for going that route, but it can be a highly effective route for getting refunded.
    I'm going to wait 24 hours to see if they reply through eBay messaging. I told them I would rather not text them, and that any talking can be done through ebay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post

Okay, but it's clearly not described as a box.
    That was just an example.

It's also clearly not described as a PS5.

It's "Sony Gaming Console - White"

It could be anything from a PSOne to a PSP, and as long as it's a white Sony-branded gaming console, you got what you paid for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    That was just an example.

It's also clearly not described as a PS5.

It's "Sony Gaming Console - White"

It could be anything from a PSOne to a PSP, and as long as it's a white Sony-branded gaming console, you got what you paid for.
    Thats the title. In the description below it, it claims to be a ps5 and even lists the ps5 upc number.

I mean it's clearly advertised as a real PS5, so I don't see how the scam could work.
    And this is how it works. Because you believed it. That is how any scam works. They lie (duh) and don't actually have what they are advertising. They don't care about repercussions since all they need is a few people gullible enough to fall for it and they get a quick several thousand in the bank and walk away without a trace.

- - - Updated - - -

Thats the title. In the description below it, it claims to be a ps5 and even lists the ps5 upc number.
    When i doubt, the Title is what determines if you got what you asked for.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    And this is how it works. Because you believed it. That is how any scam works. They lie (duh) and don't actually have what they are advertising. They don't care about repercussions since all they need is a few people gullible enough to fall for it and they get a quick several thousand in the bank and walk away without a trace.
    Well, they must be pretty dumb or desperate. Once I get my money back (assuming its a scam), ebay will contact the authorities especially if it happened to multiple people. Its not like they will get to keep the money.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sony-Gaming...e/224419458067

Thats what I bought. It does say "Sony gaming console White" in the title, but the description clearly says its a ps5 and even lists the correct Ps5 UPC.
    i mean did you check the poster?
    he legit made his account the day he was selling it,
    has no reveiws no purchase items no sell items nothing.

it seems you most likely would have been scammed.

- - - Updated - - -

I did not, but I don't know why I would have to?
    the reason is he could have said that " i had that info there to advise them, that they wont actually get an item"

truth be told with you not following through calling the number and instead spending $500, the seller could say anything.

and as you didnt abide by the sellers terms.
    your kind of in a bind.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean it's clearly advertised as a real PS5, so I don't see how the scam could work. I'm not texting them either. I sent a message directly through ebay. I suppose I'm naive. I've never used eBay before, so I didn't recognize any red flags other than the price.

Either way, if they don't respond to my message on ebay by tomorrow evening ill cancel my order.
    eaiser said than done,
    the person could have made a fake Paypal made some low transactions, and the Ebay account was just over 24 hours old when it made the post.

NEVER, i mean NEVER, buy from a 1 day old account OR an account with 0 reveiws or History.

I mean ebay has a money-back guarantee. I don't see how I could get scammed. It might take a few weeks, but Ill get my money back.
    Agreed, You **MIGHT** get your money back,

the fact is the guy could still stop you getting your money back if its a good scam,

they can falsify POD to say you got the goods and are trying to dodge paying for them.

there are countless ways they can stop you getting the money back.

Well, they must be pretty dumb or desperate. Once I get my money back (assuming its a scam), ebay will contact the authorities especially if it happened to multiple people. Its not like they will get to keep the money.
    you think they scam people with that in mind? you think they dont know this and still do it.

AND still get away with it.
    Last edited by Kikazz; 2021-04-11 at 07:53 AM.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

The seller has 0 reviews. The description lists it as a Ps5 blueray edition. Assuming I either don't get the item, or the item is wrong, I can get my money back from Ebay correct? This is the first time I have bought something on Ebay.

It also seemed a little sketchy because I got it for 500 dollars which is the retail price. Idk why they would sell something for that unless they got it as a gift for someone and decided not to give the gift maybe? Either way, I did purchase it. I'M just a little apprehensive about it.
    Why would you buy from a zero review seller to begin with?
    That's just,. asking to be scammed.

The pictures don't even match the user name

Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    the reason is he could have said that " i had that info there to advise them, that they wont actually get an item"

truth be told with you not following through calling the number and instead spending $500, the seller could say anything.

and as you didnt abide by the sellers terms.
    your kind of in a bind.

honestly it's the smarter thing to do though.
    any communication SHOULD go through ebay - or the seller can say anything, and try to tell you to send a direct transfer.
    no chance at money back then.
    Last edited by bbr; 2021-04-11 at 07:55 AM.

I mean ebay has a money-back guarantee. I don't see how I could get scammed. It might take a few weeks, but Ill get my money back.
    No point rehashing what the poster above me said.
    Let me know how that money-back guarantee for an item you refused to contact the seller about when explicitly asked so, works out for you

10+ Year Old Account
    As I said I thought the 5 star with 1200+ reviews was the seller's score. I sent 2 messages. The first one and a follow-up asking to confirm it was indeed a PlayStation 5 and asked that if it's not to cancel the order.

I suppose I learned my lesson. Never buy something expensive that isn't guaranteed to be legit after not sleeping for 25 hours.

Anyways, IM going to sleep. Ill let you all know what happens.

Yeah the eBay guarantee is wonky
    As someone that sells through eBay you have a pretty good chance at getting your money back even if it is a scam. Just open the ticket request for a return after you get the package or open a request for a refund if they don’t ship it on time

You really should read before you buy though

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    Yeah the eBay guarantee is wonky
    As someone that sells through eBay you have a pretty good chance at getting your money back even if it is a scam. Just open the ticket request for a return after you get the package or open a request for a refund if they don’t ship it on time

You really should read before you buy though
    I thought I did, but I'm tired as fuck and made a mistake. Ill probably never use eBay again. This has been stressful.

Are you really this ignorant? Do you think ebay has a scammer reputation for no reason?
    You think the scammers never walk away with the money? You really think ebay is gonna contact the authorities? And do what? Report the goalkeeper the scammer used to protect himself lel.

This can't be real, i didn't think people like you even existed on the internet. Its like the guy falling for the king of nigeria emails, i thought i was a myth but here you have me doubting if it might be real after all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    No point rehashing what the poster above me said.
    Let me know how that money-back guarantee for an item you refused to contact the seller about when explicitly asked so, works out for you
    If he's willing to play hardball with Ebay by doing a chargeback through his bank, the chances of a refund goes up significantly.

Of course, they'll ban him afterwards for that manoeuvre, but no skin off his nose there if he wasn't a regular user on the site before this.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see how the scam could work.
    That's the point.

That's the entire point.

There's probably some loophole that you can't return it or something, somewhere in there.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    Are you really this ignorant? Do you think ebay has a scammer reputation for no reason?
    You think the scammers never walk away with the money? You really think ebay is gonna contact the authorities? And do what? Report the goalkeeper the scammer used to protect himself lel.

This can't be real, i didn't think people like you even existed on the internet. Its like the guy falling for the king of nigeria emails, i thought i was a myth but here you have me doubting if it might be real after all.
    I don't see how they could get away with it? Assuming they refuse a refund and eBay pays me instead. eBay wants their money back. I'm assuming they will at least try to go after the scammer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    If he's willing to play hardball with Ebay by doing a chargeback through his bank, the chances of a refund goes up significantly.

Of course, they'll ban him afterwards for that manoeuvre, but no skin off his nose there if he wasn't a regular user on the site before this.
    Yeah, I made my account tonight.

Yikes

You really should've seen that one coming but I hope you can get your money back

If you did a wire transfer your money is gone forever.
    If you paid via pay pal you have a chance to get your money back.

If he put a fake name and address and already got your money then he will just close the account and you will never find him again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    Ok someone has to say it.
    How can you not contact the seller first, but make a forum post instead asking for these sensitive inforimation?
    I pray you get that item.

10+ Year Old Account
    Made someone's day.

Seller won't get the money, new acc takes ages for funds to clear, unless buyer leaves +ve feedback which can speed it up.

You will get money back and won't get the PS5.
    These sellers try to avoid going through ebay officially to scam people by asking them to contact them first - no protections, etc.

Since you bought through ebay you will be fine, just will take a while to resolve.