Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I can see it now ... no thanks blizzard, I don't feel like reliving that "experience" again ....

Quote Originally Posted by DuskSP View Post
    Talk to people who played games? School? College? Work? I mean idk maybe there was a book on how to socialize at the local library back then lol.

Also you could find people for online games in the mid/late 90s. Wasn't a issue in 2000s.
    i mean, even today i make most of my gaming friends by playing games with strangers. i can't remember if i ever befriended someone only to find out they play the same games as me later on.

and even moving existing gaming friends between multiple games rarely works out. back when classic came out we had like 50+ people in the guild interested, but they all wanted to play classic differently and most of course also didn't stick with it.

only playing with people you trust sounds like a good idea on paper but it's quite unpractical.

Quote Originally Posted by Capultro View Post
    Sounds good, but I don't know anyone I trust to play any online game.
    Single player exists too at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Blizz has never ALLOWED people to bot in original D2 either (or D3, for that matter), and look how much that has stopped people ¬_¬
    Well, at the start of d3 blizz was banning really hard for botting, but after they removed rmah they sgopped, just ban waving occasionally

On d2 too, but now yeah... I think the last ban wave on d2 was in 2018 or 2019, but now...

Hope at least fro the start they start banning it

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    any tips on how to do that 20 years ago? when the internet was barely a thing?
    Sorry to disappoint you, but there were already lots of ways to socialize on the internet 20 years, even further.

Hell, i used to run a Team Fortress Classic clan back in 98-99 and there were just massive amount of players, clans, communities, leagues and events on irc @ quakenet, which was huge (at its peak it had 250k concurrent people). Everything gaming related was there, a click away.

Imagine something like Discord, but not as pretty

(quick example off google search)

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    i mean, even today i make most of my gaming friends by playing games with strangers. i can't remember if i ever befriended someone only to find out they play the same games as me later on.

and even moving existing gaming friends between multiple games rarely works out. back when classic came out we had like 50+ people in the guild interested, but they all wanted to play classic differently and most of course also didn't stick with it.

only playing with people you trust sounds like a good idea on paper but it's quite unpractical.
    Were talking about diablo tho... multiplayer isn't even slightly required really.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Sorry to disappoint you, but there were already lots of ways to socialize on the internet 20 years, even further.

Hell, i used to run a Team Fortress Classic clan back in 98-99 and there were just massive amount of players, clans, communities, leagues and events on irc @ quakenet, which was huge (at its peak it had 250k concurrent people). Everything gaming related was there, a click away.

Imagine something like Discord, but not as pretty

(quick example off google search)
    Oh ya bro. I was just a wee lad but I was killing some old dudes on C&C and other RTS games. I cant remember if mech warrior was online. I feel like it was.

10+ Year Old Account
    ahh the good old days of mIRC.

me and some friends from an IRC Channel would buy Hex Vitas off Ebay and sell them for SOJ, we'd hold the door open for each other for our mules.

Good times
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything