Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    This is a lie. You’re stating it without proof. Post proof or admit you are wrong.

The Lincoln County Process is unpatented and not owned by anyone. JD uses it for only two of their Whiskey brands. George Dickle uses the same process for multiple different brands. There are 5-6 different distillers that I can think of also use the same process.

The law actually hurts JD more than it helps.
    That was provided days ago.

The Austin County Process is unpatented, and not owned by anyone. Any clinic can use the same process.

If it hurt JD, then why were they the ones pushing it. Are you saying you know more than them?

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    That was provided days ago.

If it hurt JD, then why were they the ones pushing it. Are you saying you know more than them?
    Post a link.

JD didn’t draft the law. I’m assuming they wanted the Lincoln County Process on the law books. However, the law still didn’t end up being what they wanted for one very particular reason. Your claimed you read the law so I’m assuming you know what it is. You did read it right?

Post a link.

JD didn’t draft the law. I’m assuming they wanted the Lincoln County Process on the law books. However, the law still didn’t end up being what they wanted for one very particular reason. Your claimed you read the law so I’m assuming you know what it is. You did read it right?
    Already did, days ago.

They pushed the law. I provided the language.

I assume all those people want the Austin County Process on the books for all the clinics. I mean, we care about the consumers, right?

Already did, days ago.

They pushed the law. I provided the language.
    I see no link. Humour me and post it again. Actually humour all of us.

The law still hurts them. Even if they had 100% control over it, it still hurts them. JD could’ve cut corners in the past but are now legally required to use a process they have no ownership of.

I see no link. Humour me and post it again. Actually humour all of us.

The law still hurts them. Even if they had 100% control over it, it still hurts them. JD could’ve cut corners in the past but are now legally required to use a process they have no ownership of.
    Nah, I am tired of repeating myself for people who ignored it the first time.

They fought to push the law, then they fought to keep the law from being amended.

Jack Daniels disagrees with you.

Or, are you now arguing that the law hurts businesses, ruining your initial argument? Very well. So, glad you agree that the law hurts businesses!!!

That was a pretty sweet self own.

Nah, I am tired of repeating myself for people who ignored it the first time.

They fought to push the law, then they fought to keep the law from being amended.

Jack Daniels disagrees with you.

Or, are you now arguing that the law hurts businesses, ruining your initial argument? Very well. So, glad you agree that the law hurts businesses!!!

That was a pretty sweet self own.
    Repetition implies you posted at least once. I’ve only seen you talking out your ass for the past 49604 posts.

I said it hurt JD. I didn’t say it hurt anyone else. If this law was created by JD they must’ve been willing to take some pain for something else in return. Or they just fucked up. At least the consumer gets accurately labelled Tennessee Whiskey.

The law hasn’t prevented competition. Older distilleries are still producing, new distilleries are being formed.

Repetition implies you posted at least once. I’ve only seen you talking out your ass for the past 49604 posts.

I said it hurt JD. I didn’t say it hurt anyone else. If this law was created by JD they must’ve been willing to take some pain for something else in return. Or they just fucked up. At least the consumer gets accurately labelled Tennessee Whiskey.

The law hasn’t prevented competition. Older distilleries are still producing, new distilleries are being formed.
    Thanks for arguing that it hurts businesses!!!

So, why would they take that "pain?" Is it out of the goodness of their own fucking hearts? Or, is it that they knew other distilleries would see more "pain?" Why would it only hurt JD? That makes no sense.

I'm going to assume that Jack Daniels and their distillers and lobbyists know more about the issue than you do.

I am absolutely giddy that you admit it hurts businesses.

Thanks for arguing that it hurts businesses!!!

So, why would they take that "pain?" Is it out of the goodness of their own fucking hearts? Or, is it that they knew other distilleries would see more "pain?" Why would it only hurt JD? That makes no sense.

I'm going to assume that Jack Daniels and their distillers and lobbyists know more about the issue than you do.

I am absolutely giddy that you admit it hurts businesses.
    Yes, it hurts them so much they continue to distill whiskey. And lots of it!

Again, this law is for consumer confidence. The whiskey producers must maintain a particular standard but they’re obviously willing to accept that since consumers appear to like the standard.

You’ve continually failed to show how Jack Daniels gained a competitive advantage from this law.

Yes, it hurts them so much they continue to distill whiskey. And lots of it!

Again, this law is for consumer confidence. The whiskey producers must maintain a particular standard but they’re obviously willing to accept that since consumers appear to like the standard.

You’ve continually failed to show how Jack Daniels gained a competitive advantage from this law.
    So, thanks for admitting it hurts businesses.

Abortion regulations are for consumer confidence. The abortion clinics must maintain a particular standard they're obviously willing to accept that, since the consumers appear to want the standard.

That evidence was already presented. It's their process being legislated.

7+ Year Old Account
    What a ridiculous "arguement", comparing what the Texas GOP does to close abortion clinics across the state to some whiskey process. How terrible is your stance thst you'd imagine that's in any way, shape or form valid.

So, thanks for admitting it hurts businesses.

That evidence was already presented. It's their process being legislated.
    It was never presented. Not once.

JD does not own the process that is on he law books. It’s not their process. They didn’t even invent it.

It was never presented. Not once.

JD does not own the process that is on he law books. It’s not their process. They didn’t even invent it.
    I never said they owned the process. They just pushed it, because that's the process they use. That means for anyone else, they'd have to switch to that process... what a power move.

"Be like us, or you don't get to use the term... and the government will take away your license if you don't like it."

Man, some people sure do want the corporations to control everything.

I never said they owned the process. They just pushed it, because that's the process they use. That means for anyone else, they'd have to switch to that process... what a power move.

"Be like us, or you don't get to use the term... and the government will take away your license if you don't like it."

Man, some people sure do want the corporations to control everything.
    Entirely incorrect. Multiple distillers used the Lincoln County Process to make Tennessee Whiskey before the law was drafted. Even more distillers use it after it was drafted. No one had to switch.

Furthermore, JD uses other processes to make other whiskey variations. Their competitors do exactly the same. Their biggest competitor makes a wider variety of Tennessee Whiskeys and a wider variety of other Whiskeys than JD itself.

Entirely incorrect. Multiple distillers used the Lincoln County Process to make Tennessee Whiskey before the law was drafted. Even more distillers use it after it was drafted. No one had to switch.

Furthermore, JD uses other processes to make other whiskey variations. Their competitors do exactly the same. Their biggest competitor makes a wider variety of Tennessee Whiskeys and a wider variety of other Whiskeys than JD itself.
    And yet, JD was pushing this change.... go figure.

But hey, we both agree this hurts businesses.

And yet, JD was pushing this change.... go figure.

But hey, we both agree this hurts businesses.
    They were hurt so much that everyone’s business expanded. The consumers have spoken.

They were hurt so much that everyone’s business expanded. The consumers have spoken.
    You said they were hurt.

The same goes for abortion clinics, the consumers have spoken.

You said they were hurt.
    They can’t cheat anymore. From a capitalist free market perspective that’s an unnecessary burden. From a consumer protection perspective it’s a plus.

They can’t cheat anymore. From a capitalist free market perspective that’s an unnecessary burden. From a consumer protection perspective it’s a plus.
    I guess those abortion clinics can't cheat any more.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh, I've read them... and it's a shame people keep supporting all these corporatist agendas.
    Yeah, diversity, that's really bad for capitalism, should be made away with, right?

I mean, of all the people in this thread there is only one that keeps supporting all these corporatist agendas so maybe take it up with the poster that said he loves capitalism and thinks corporations having more free speech than people is a really good thing?

That guy sounds like really being in support of corporations and subsequently their agendas.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    That's nice dear, but you're supporting the ones that are responsible for creating these laws.
    You're supporting both, dear.
    Who is both?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Abortions aren’t a product being sold, stop conflating healthcare with liquor.
    It’s. All. They’ve. Got.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    Half this forum would be permanently banned if we did everything some of our users regularly demand or otherwise expect us to do.
    Actual blue mod response on doing what they volunteered to do. No wonder this place is infested.