Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    I wouldn't call armor stacking an exploit. Good RPGs just have generally 'broken' mechanics that work as-intended, and armor stacking is one of em.
    I wouldn't either if it the armour augments stacked additive, but due to some bugs it stacks multiplicative. You could stack up to 6.5k armour (or even more) in cp2077, which makes you virtually immune to physical damage. At that point I would argue that it's beyond what the game was balanced around. Sure, you can still be one-shotted by explosives, but being immune to all other damage (assuming immunity stacking buffs from cold blooded is also taken) makes that kind of broken gameplay to me.

I tried it myself too. Farmed legendaries for all armour slots with max'ed out augmentation slots, crafted all the augments (exploit only works with crafted augments I think). It was pretty funny seeing armour slots multiplying each other and being immune to gunshots and all, but being able to facetank 20 or more enemies at a time is kind of op in my opinion.
    'Something's awry.' -Duhgan 'Bel' beltayn

'A Man choses, a Slave obeys.' -Andrew Rayn

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/cd-...nd-the-witcher

And...maybe RIP CP2077 multiplayer, especially in the nearish future? More from the call -

Now that's a great longterm strategy! I don't mean this with snark, that's a good move...but damn if it all doesn't come off as they abandoning the MP project they spent years talking up as a stand-alone product as one of the selling points of CP2077 itself.
    I am shocked, absolutely shocked that it turned out to be to much work to design a complex single player game like Cyberpunk and then have another team sideways integrate multiplayer into it. Who could have seen this coming... /s

For a game like this every single code decision you make needs to be considering the implications of multiplayer, to try and do it after the fact is complete madness but considering the things we have heard come out of CDPR I am not at all surprised that this is what they apparently try to do.
    Their talk of restructuring their processes in nice and all but I can't help but feel like they need to go back to software design 101, because they are failing on even the most basic aspects that a fresh graduate should know.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    As to the most recent statements: CEO or Dev doubletalk has always been what it is - and that's what this is. "Yea.. we'll see." Is my attitude about it. I don't care what you say you're doing (any company really) or going to do - I care about what you're actually doing. I won't believe any of this is improved in the 'next release' until that next release comes out and we see what, if anything, has actually changed.

So yea, we shall see! I give it no more credence than that.

As TO The most recent detailed patch notes -
    I read through them 1 1/2 times and maybe I'm missing it - or maybe I just don't recognize the names of the attributes - but I'm not seeing any fixes to the bugged 20point ultimate talents that don't work after the first save.

You know, the thing modders fixed weeks ago.

Was it released separately and I just didn't see it (I have patches frozen on my PC currently to not mess up my working mods)? Am I missing it in these notes? Or did they not fix this pretty sizeable issue with the talents that modders already fixed for PC?

I mean I see a ton of patch notes about all sorts of atmosphere stuff (PCs sticking, janky rendering, etc.) , and lots of hangups in quests which is good - but no fixes for the big game/system bugs like the broken talents and broken augment system (?).
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

Truly one of the longest, if not the longest changelog I have ever seen. It really shows just how much the game was rushed. Those are not the only changes though, there are bunch of other positive ones and, AFAIK , there are new bugs too.
    We always knew they would deal with the bugs, but the core gameplay loop being just... lacking..., well, that cannot be patched that easily. Still not hoping for NMS style remake, but this patch is actually serious (unlike the 1.1 bullshit), so maybe in the future game will be more complete, more "full" and alive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

It's good that they're fixing things, though it's a real shame the game didn't launch in a more acceptable state. If it did, we'd probably already have DLC of some sort by now.

I suppose The Witcher 3 was a one hit wonder for the company - it wasn't perfect, but it was a memorable and very meaty game with a lot of content. I still discover new quests and secrets each time I play it. Even better? The DLC was meaningful and very large as well.

Looking back, I wouldn't have given this game the time of day if it hadn't led me to believe that I'd be able to play as a Corpo and stay as a Corpo. Aside from the dialogue and some side quests, you basically end up forced to be a Street Kid no matter what you do. I guess a lot of the marketing was built around the cut content, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    It's good that they're fixing things, though it's a real shame the game didn't launch in a more acceptable state. If it did, we'd probably already have DLC of some sort by now.

I suppose The Witcher 3 was a one hit wonder for the company - it wasn't perfect, but it was a memorable and very meaty game with a lot of content. I still discover new quests and secrets each time I play it. Even better? The DLC was meaningful and very large as well.

Looking back, I wouldn't have given this game the time of day if it hadn't led me to believe that I'd be able to play as a Corpo and stay as a Corpo. Aside from the dialogue and some side quests, you basically end up forced to be a Street Kid no matter what you do. I guess a lot of the marketing was built around the cut content, though.
    Not sure where you get the bold part. At the very least Witcher 2 was hailed as a masterpiece and the first game got a lot of positive attention at the time of its release, while the fully updated version of it is vastly improved because they listened to all the feedback and made good, relevant changes. So they do have a history of a) releasing good games and b) listening to feedback and making good changes. The only problem is that for the mainstream audience they were unknown/too niche before Witcher 3.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post

Less wonder, more of like usual, sometimes there's a stumble in a massive project. This isn't the first time we've seen a crazy shit going on in a big game.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Less wonder, more of like usual, sometimes there's a stumble in a massive project. This isn't the first time we've seen a crazy shit going on in a big game.
    Doesn't mean it should be an acceptable excuse. Idk AAA games in general tend to suck ass since like 2015, with just a few bright exceptions among piles of garbage. The indie production we've seen is a lot more innovative and actually brings refreshing games. Ever since there isn't much companies can do to sell their game as "more realistic than anything we've seen!!!!", it's been going downhill. I suppose graphics was always the strongest selling point of AAA titles, but damn..

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Finally got a chance to boot up the game today and I noticed significant performance improvements since I last played it back in March. The game definitely runs a lot smoother and the frame rates are really quite steady for my PC, with all settings on High at 2560x1440.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Finally got a chance to boot up the game today and I noticed significant performance improvements since I last played it back in March. The game definitely runs a lot smoother and the frame rates are really quite steady for my PC, with all settings on High at 2560x1440.
    Finally you can experience this great game in all its beauty

I love the game but it still has many game breaking bugs. If you just play through the main quest and don't focus on the side content too much, it's probably fine now aside from a few graphical glitches and minor issues but going for 100% completion, you run into tons of bugs that corrupt your save and there is no way to fix that aside from losing hours of progress or even having to restart from the beginning if you rely only on autosaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Amarys View Post
    I love the game but it still has many game breaking bugs. If you just play through the main quest and don't focus on the side content too much, it's probably fine now aside from a few graphical glitches and minor issues but going for 100% completion, you run into tons of bugs that corrupt your save and there is no way to fix that aside from losing hours of progress or even having to restart from the beginning if you rely only on autosaves.
    Thats interesting because when I finished game, Night City became most righteous place on earth, no landmark remained untouched. And literally encountered just one game breaking bug. There were some minor glitches like phones hanging or trash items hard to pick up but aside from that I really don't know what people are talking about. I even bought every car that was possible.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

So, I may be the biggest Witcher III fan on planet earth. I have a good gaming rig. I run into very little if zero issues / bugs. However, the game lacks.. a certain, finesse or genisequa (im sure I'm way off on spelling) and one that does aggravate me is I'm on my way to do a mission, and then I'll get a call to another mission or I'm on my way to do something and I just not intervene with a police call. It's good for eddies and completion, but between raiding in WoW + Keystones, Doom Eternal, Borderlands 3, and most recently Red Dead Redemption II, I'm having trouble caring about characters. I desperately wish I could go buy 6 years and play the Witcher for the first or even second time. The music in White Orchard. Picking herbs. None of it felt forced. It felt just right. Night city, albeit I'm only about 15 hours in (and MUCH of this is side quests and such) it feels kind of like it's trying too hard. It's trying desperately to suck you in and give you The Witcher III moments.. however, they're not to be found. Bloody Baron remains the best questline of any RPG in my opinion. And just.. I hate to make this about Witcher III vs. Cyberpunk 2077, and I am sort of enjoying CyberPunk and I'm sure I will play it for 100s of hours and get my moneys worth.. but there ain't nothing like the Witcher III. Not before or sense.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Thats interesting because when I finished game, Night City became most righteous place on earth, no landmark remained untouched. And literally encountered just one game breaking bug. There were some minor glitches like phones hanging or trash items hard to pick up but aside from that I really don't know what people are talking about. I even bought every car that was possible.
    You got lucky then I guess. I started a new game when 1.2 hit, about 50% of the map cleared and so far ran into 3 already. First one was when doing a cyberpsycho quest with the breathing noises and they never went away, even after saving and reloading. Then I noticed I stopped getting quickhacks from access points. Playing as a netrunner, tried respeccing with tabula rasa, switching cyberdecks.. still have this bug. I wasn't planning on getting 20 int originally but now it looks like I have to. Then, for some reason after doing the infamous "Sinnerman" quest, my female V occasionally started speaking with male voice.

Then there are smaller stuff like you can instantly die when you step on a rock or trashbag, if you're using tech weapons and try to upgrade them but can't either due to not having the level or mats, they will jam and can't be charged any more. Also crafted blue liberty gun looks.. well you try it.. and if you remove it, you get the finger gun effect and can shoot with no gun in your hand at all.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have done literally every mission and only encountered three that bugged out that prevented me from completing them through two play throughs, so I don't know what you are talking about. For some reason I can't find the last tarot location on my second game and the other two bugs were in the first game.

You got lucky then I guess. I started a new game when 1.2 hit, about 50% of the map cleared and so far ran into 3 already. First one was when doing a cyberpsycho quest with the breathing noises and they never went away, even after saving and reloading. Then I noticed I stopped getting quickhacks from access points. Playing as a netrunner, tried respeccing with tabula rasa, switching cyberdecks.. still have this bug. I wasn't planning on getting 20 int originally but now it looks like I have to. Then, for some reason after doing the infamous "Sinnerman" quest, my female V occasionally started speaking with male voice.

Then there are smaller stuff like you can instantly die when you step on a rock or trashbag, if you're using tech weapons and try to upgrade them but can't either due to not having the level or mats, they will jam and can't be charged any more. Also crafted blue liberty gun looks.. well you try it.. and if you remove it, you get the finger gun effect and can shoot with no gun in your hand at all.
    I literally finished game on 1.2 playing as hacker female V, finished all sidequests and sinnerman quest as well. Never instantly died, in fact I only died in last mission twice. I didn't use tech weapons tho since spt grad was too op.

I literally had waaaay more bugs in witcher 3
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I literally finished game on 1.2 playing as hacker female V, finished all sidequests and sinnerman quest as well. Never instantly died, in fact I only died in last mission twice. I didn't use tech weapons tho since spt grad was too op.

I literally had waaaay more bugs in witcher 3
    Legendary revolver Comrades Hammer is best gun. 20k+ damage, one shot is pretty much an instant kill on anything in the game aside from Adam Smasher.
    Last edited by Rennadrel; 2021-04-11 at 10:24 PM.

Legendary revolver Commander's Hammer is best gun. 20k+ damage, one shot is pretty much an instant kill on anything in the game aside from Adam Smasher.
    I ended up with 100K+ damage per shot with spt grad (overwatch and ofive is the same).
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I ended up with 100K+ damage per shot with spt grad (overwatch and ofive is the same).
    Yikes, how much did you upgrade it?

Yikes, how much did you upgrade it?
    To the maximum, wasnt possible to upgrade anymore. I also reforged it multiple times (well... reforging is kind bad term)
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV