Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    By that logic, Inflation also never happened on Retail because people always buy new items each expansion for gold.

Look at the "goldsink" items in TBC, 1,2k Gold for a 22 Slot Bag, this is a legit joke when looking how much gold people throw around in Classic.
    Cept older items have also gone up in price in those cases. I'm not saying inflation doesn't happen, I'm just saying it's not instant. inflation isn't gonna just happen cause tbc comes out. inflation happens over time and effects the market as a whole not just new high demand items.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

7+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if it's just my server (EU- Hydraxian Waterlords RP), but gold just doesn't seem to be in great abundance.

I recently started fresh, and have got my feral druid up to level 19. She is currently sitting on just over three gold.

I have only purchased essential skill upgrades, and haven't brought anything from the AH at all.

My professions are herbalism and skinning, but the low level mats simply don't sell on the AH, even undercutting prices by 75%. So I have banked the mats I will need for my next characters leatherworking and alchemy and vendored the rest.

Even the few low level green items that I looted ended up being vendored as they just didn't sell on the AH.

I have also maxed out cooking and fishing for my level, and am self sustaining when it comes to food.

I guess I am just going to have to grind the gold needed for the level 40 mount.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    What exactly would cause demand to increase or decrease? Patch reworks? Item nerfs? Players will want whatever is valuable and useful on the AH. Supply and demand is not really going to change outside of however many bots exist vs players.

It's important to note that the main variable in question is the gold that exists in the economy. If it affects the prices and causes them to go up, that's inflation.
    what? I think you need to reread our convo cause I have no idea how this is your reply.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    inflation isn't gonna just happen cause tbc comes out. inflation happens over time and effects the market as a whole not just new high demand items.
    ...okay?

You know a lot of people are right now just sitting on tens of thousands of gold, ready to drop it onto the AH once TBC hits?

This is just semantics you're attempting to argue, the Inflation has already happened and you'll be seeing the repercussions of it once TBC hits.

Quote Originally Posted by Bethanie View Post
    Not sure if it's just my server (EU- Hydraxian Waterlords RP), but gold just doesn't seem to be in great abundance.

I recently started fresh, and have got my feral druid up to level 19. She is currently sitting on just over three gold.

I have only purchased essential skill upgrades, and haven't brought anything from the AH at all.

My professions are herbalism and skinning, but the low level mats simply don't sell on the AH, even undercutting prices by 75%. So I have banked the mats I will need for my next characters leatherworking and alchemy and vendored the rest.

Even the few low level green items that I looted ended up being vendored as they just didn't sell on the AH.

I have also maxed out cooking and fishing for my level, and am self sustaining when it comes to food.

I guess I am just going to have to grind the gold needed for the level 40 mount.
    According to ironforge.pro your realm is the second-least populated in the EU. Inflation on smaller/less-populated realms is going to be less impactful because the demand for the things gold can buy is significantly lower. (In fact, I'd wager you'd find more bots on these low-pop realms as they're likely to transfer with mats to a higher-pop realm.)

No you didn't even come close to answering my question. If I can buy the same items for the same price as always how is my gold worth less?

- - - Updated - - -

This is what I'm getting at. if all other items are the same price and only new high demand items are high priced is that inflation or just high demand?
    They are not priced the same though, understand this....

I’ll attempt to walk you through this very slowly. What do you think you’re comparing the price to when you say “they stay the same”. They stay the same in comparison to what?

10+ Year Old Account
    ...okay?

You know a lot of people are right now just sitting on tens of thousands of gold, ready to drop it onto the AH once TBC hits?

This is just semantics you're attempting to argue, the Inflation has already happened and you'll be seeing the repercussions of it once TBC hits.
    So by this logic in irl when a new high priced product comes out and all the rich people buy it first, inflation happened?

what? I think you need to reread our convo cause I have no idea how this is your reply.
    You're talking about high demand items and claiming demand will be the only factor to their high price. So draw two parallel situations, one server with considerably less gold in the economy vs another. Do you think the high demand item will be the same price between the two?
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

...okay?

I don't think you'll win this argument. What's happening in Classic isn't strictly inflation so therefore people will smugly quote one another and say, "haha, you don't know what you're talking about," while politely pretending the actual thing that people are describing isn't happening (or isn't as big of a deal as some people make it). Perhaps we should create our own word for it? WoWflation, maybe?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowroguetbc View Post
    They are not priced the same though, understand this....

I’ll attempt to walk you through this very slowly. What do you think you’re comparing the price to when you say “they stay the same”. They stay the same in comparison to what?
    In comparison to themselves before tbc. I'm talking about items that are already in the economy.

is your argument "they cost more this release than the original release of tbc therefor inflation?"

Cept older items have also gone up in price in those cases. I'm not saying inflation doesn't happen, I'm just saying it's not instant. inflation isn't gonna just happen cause tbc comes out. inflation happens over time and effects the market as a whole not just new high demand items.
    Oh your argument is that you think we are saying tbc is going to instantly make the inflation? Sweetheart, I can’t tell if you’re intentionally changing our side of the argument to make yourself sound more correct, but we are saying the inflation is already here and had been for awhile, but once tbc hits you’ll see how bad it is, we aren’t saying once tbc hits the inflation is instant LOL.

I honestly can’t tell if you knowingly are acting ignorant to our point or not

- - - Updated - - -

In comparison to themselves before tbc. I'm talking about items that are already in the economy.

is your argument "they cost more this release than the original release of tbc therefor inflation?"
    Yeah I just read through your entire discussion with others on here, it seems you don’t even know what the argument is about, krajin summarized it well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    I don't think you'll win this argument. What's happening in Classic isn't strictly inflation so therefore people will smugly quote one another and say, "haha, you don't know what you're talking about," while politely pretending the actual thing that people are describing isn't happening (or isn't as big of a deal as some people make it). Perhaps we should create our own word for it? WoWflation, maybe?
    You say I won't win then post exactly what I'm saying in the next sentence.... lol ok I'm out.

If you want to argue that gold has less value in this version of classic as original. Sure, I won't deny that.

So by this logic in irl when a new high priced product comes out and all the rich people buy it first, inflation happened?
    /facepalm

Holy shit this guy is so damn lost

- - - Updated - - -

You say I won't win then post exactly what I'm saying in the next sentence.... lol ok I'm out.

If you want to argue that gold has less value in this version of classic as original. Sure, I won't deny that.
    That’s literally the only thing you can compare it to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I just read through your entire discussion with others on here, it seems you don’t even know what the argument is about, krajin summarized it well.
    so your issue isn't inflation. It's that more people have more gold in this version of classic compared to the original?

I quoted the guy arguing against you, dude. Yikes.

10+ Year Old Account
    /facepalm

Holy shit this guy is so damn lost

- - - Updated - - -

That’s literally the only thing you can compare it to.
    I'm not the one that is lost. I'm not the one comparing two completely different markets screaming inflation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    I quoted the guy arguing against you, dude. Yikes.
    My bad lol. Could have sworn I seen my name in the quote :P
    Last edited by Orange Joe; 2021-04-11 at 03:23 PM.

It's that more people have more gold in this version of classic compared to the original?
    Which is causing...... and which will cause more.........

Think of the word I’m looking for here sweetie.

My only hope is that they fix herb and ore spawn rates. With the new server tech, there seem to be a whole lot more players in each server than there was in original vanilla. I've never been one to play the auction house or "farm gold", so as I typically don't have an abundance of gold, when I needed something (like herbs, ore, or elements) it was still fine as I would just use an alt that has that gathering to farm a specific item.

In Classic that has been a very frustrating endeavor as either bots or just too many players per server in the world farming make it very difficult to gather a significant amount of mats.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    So much talk about bots but no one has ever seen any. Where could I find one in the world? If there are so many, how do I have no problem farming open nodes on any of the servers I've played on?
    Yeah, bots are fake and Blizzard is banning all those accounts for being fake bots, right ? use your brain please, not seeing them doesn't mean they don't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    Yeah, bots are fake and Blizzard is banning all those accounts for being fake bots, right ? use your brain please, not seeing them doesn't mean they don't exist.
    Alright let's use brains then.
    When was the last ban wave?
    And why do BRD rogues still exist?
    Last edited by chrisnumbers; 2021-04-11 at 09:36 PM.