Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    We don't know if we are killing her or not. We only know that we are fighting her. Something tells me she does not get killed here.

- - - Updated - - -

ANd you know that how? Were you there?

ANd you know that how? Were you there?

Blizzard did not in any way promise anything.

ANd you know that how? Were you there.

You made nothing but accusations based on absolutely nothing.
    Holy shit.

I give you the apologist thread. This should be used as a textbook example.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    So another Azshara? This basically would be the worst outcome. If she survives, what‘s next? She helps us and redeems herself? She betrays the Jailer? All of this sounds horrible.
    Next to no chance we kill sylvanas, she’ll be redeemed somehow and they’ve already set it up with her questioning the jailer. They’d give the jailer the kill before us.

Secondly, short of arthas, they’ve never killed a character as popular as sylvanas and doing so in the wrong way would be far worse for WoW than not

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    Next to no chance we kill sylvanas, she’ll be redeemed somehow and they’ve already set it up with her questioning the jailer. They’d give the jailer the kill before us.

Secondly, short of arthas, they’ve never killed a character as popular as sylvanas and doing so in the wrong way would be far worse for WoW than not
    Sylvanas story is over. There’s nothing left to explore or for her to do. She’s dragging the story down and doesn’t help anymore.

That she’s questioning the Jailer now just makes her writing even worse. For once she should be consequent and not change her mind. For once.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Sylvanas story is over. There’s nothing left to explore or for her to do. She’s dragging the story down and doesn’t help anymore.

That she’s questioning the Jailer now just makes her writing even worse. For once she should be consequent and not change her mind. For once.
    Changing your mind when the situation changes isn't being inconsequent. Not changing your mind when the situation changes is being an idiot.

My hope is Sylvanas won't be redeemed. She'll betray the jailer, kill him, and accomplish her goal of defeating death, becoming immortal, taking his place as lord of the Maw-- trapped there just as he was, scheming and plotting while locked in a cell. That would be the most satisfying denouement for her, IMO. A pyrrhic victory.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Changing your mind when the situation changes isn't being inconsequent. Not changing your mind when the situation changes is being an idiot.
    Sylvanas has been an idiot for several expansions in a row now, BfA was just the culmination. That she now, all of a sudden when Anduin is turned evil, has a change of heart, is just horrible and inconsistent writing. Her character can’t go anywhere from this point, she’s a deadweight for the story. She has to die and be removed from the game, that’s her last task. To make her good and keep her around would ruin all credibility that’s left when it comes to her character.

You are giving blizzard writing team too much credit.

Seriously, name another character as popular as sylvanas that has died in WoW, not named arthas.

They will not risk alienating sylvanas fans when they are already in critical danger of SL becoming the new WOD, especially when they’ve shown an inability to even kill villains like queen azshera, and illidan. Once a character becomes so popular, they can’t be killed. Even garrosh died by thrall, not us

As for sylvanas the character, she is just one of many characters tarnished by blizzards bad writing. As are we, the players. Example: my evil character proudly followed garrosh and sylvanas and wants to be the villain. It’s why I rolled horde, but Blizz lacks so much imagination that everyone needs to be the hero. Like it’s 1994

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Holy shit.

I give you the apologist thread. This should be used as a textbook example.
    SO you have no proof and are just making claims that fit your agenda. Got it.

10+ Year Old Account
    So another Azshara? This basically would be the worst outcome. If she survives, what‘s next? She helps us and redeems herself? She betrays the Jailer? All of this sounds horrible.
    her story is now hated by everyone, if blizz does anything but kill her it will piss the majority, if they fear her loyal fans just give them a new skimpy gothic chick and they will forget her name yesterday
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    her story is now hated by everyone, if blizz does anything but kill her it will piss the majority, if they fear her loyal fans just give them a new skimpy gothic chick and they will forget her name yesterday
    Here’s the problem with that... Blizz is incapable of creating new, original, and popular characters

Is there a fan favorite character that was introduced in the last few years? And by fan favorite I mean top 3-5 character in the lore, not some rando like bwamsandi or something

Blizzard is slowly running out of popular characters, and the ones remaining have plot armor so thick wolverine couldn’t cut through it

If jaina didn’t die, and illidan didn’t die.. sylvanas won’t either considering she’s arguably more popular than either. Arthas is the only character as popular as sylvanas that they’ve actually killed off, and then they immediately replaced him with k-marg LK so that entire story went to crap

I can’t see them killing sylvanas permanently. Hell, even queen azshara got away last expac and she’s like 1/10 as popular

10+ Year Old Account
    They will not risk alienating sylvanas fans when they are already in critical danger of SL becoming the new WOD
    it is easy to avoid them by creating a new gothic elf chick with bigger t8ts
    no ones likes Sylvanas for her personality, because she doesn't have one, if u like her for being evil, she is regretting it, if you likes her for being good, she flat out said you are all nothing and threw the love of her life whom she sacrificed a lot into the bus, if u like her for being MORALLY GREY even that she doesn't do anymore
    so her fans like her for her look, and that can be easily replaced

- - - Updated - - -

Is there a fan favorite character that was introduced in the last few years? And by fan favorite I mean top 3-5 character in the lore, not some rando like bwamsandi or something
    Garrosh, i don't like him personally but he is obviously one of top 5 favor for many ppl, he is literally ranked #1 for one of my oldest friend who plays wow since wc2 days
    Saurfang is a favor and he is 100% wow and even started as meme
    Van Cleef (also he is now minor since he died since ages i guess)
    Black Prince is good and he is again 100% pure wow character
    The oldies are most popular because they have years of exposure more, but Garrosh specially is popular, heck i'd say he is (sadly) more popular than Thrall with how they treating him lately
    Anduin is popular for many alliance (also i find most of them don't read books, just play the game it seems)
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    Lackluster development, lazy work effort, the fact they were developing other games at the same time (Diablo 3 reaper of souls/starcraft 2 legacy of the void and overwatch).
    wait do you really think the devs that work on overwatch, startcraft, diablo 3, and other games... are the same developers that work on wow..?
    You can't be serious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    it is easy to avoid them by creating a new gothic elf chick with bigger t8ts
    no ones likes Sylvanas for her personality, because she doesn't have one, if u like her for being evil, she is regretting it, if you likes her for being good, she flat out said you are all nothing and threw the love of her life whom she sacrificed a lot into the bus, if u like her for being MORALLY GREY even that she doesn't do anymore
    so her fans like her for her look, and that can be easily replaced

- - - Updated - - -

Garrosh, i don't like him personally but he is obviously one of top 5 favor for many ppl, he is literally ranked #1 for one of my oldest friend who plays wow since wc2 days
    Saurfang is a favor and he is 100% wow and even started as meme
    Van Cleef (also he is now minor since he died since ages i guess)
    Black Prince is good and he is again 100% pure wow character
    The oldies are most popular because they have years of exposure more, but Garrosh specially is popular, heck i'd say he is (sadly) more popular than Thrall with how they treating him lately
    Anduin is popular for many alliance (also i find most of them don't read books, just play the game it seems)
    If it was just as easy as slapping a replacement character out there, then explain why the new menethil girl isnt popular like sylvanas. Why isn't k-mart replacement lich king even in the same stratosphere of popularity as Arthas? No, there isn't a single time of a "replacement character" working in wow's history short of Anduin, and that's only because they literally built Anduin from Vanilla up as the heir apparent

As for your other examples, you are reaching. none of them are even in the same S tier of popularity as Sylvanas, and i'd like to point out that Garrosh, and Saurfang weren't killed by us. In fact, in a hilarious irony now that i think about it... neither was Arthas.

the only way sylvanas dies in 9.1 is if she martyr's herself for us to escape and defeat the jailer in 9.2 In that case, the jailer would get the killing blow... and sylvanas would just somehow come back again more powerful than before.

Jaina and thrall are the only two wow characters left that can even rival sylvanas for fan popularity, and thrall is viewed as a soft weakling by real horde players, and Jaina is PROOF that i'm right because if jaina escaped the BDA raid thanks to deux ex machina after we beat her, you better believe sylvanas will too

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    wait do you really think the devs that work on overwatch, startcraft, diablo 3, and other games... are the same developers that work on wow..?
    You can't be serious.
    I think he means that development resources were split/divided too much, but that's underestimating blizzard's size as a company. Those teams very likely have any overlap during active development. I'd bet voice acting is the most overlap between those projects, and that is an absolute nothing burger

10+ Year Old Account
    late july/early august if all goes well

I'm hoping any "redemption" is similar to Ellisande, realizing she was wrong, and sacrificing herself to help us. Not really redeming herself, but accepting maybe she had been wrong, and hoping we can do better.

Quote Originally Posted by TristanTaylor View Post
    I'm hoping any "redemption" is similar to Ellisande, realizing she was wrong, and sacrificing herself to help us. Not really redeming herself, but accepting maybe she had been wrong, and hoping we can do better.
    I could see her martyring herself for us to escape the jailer or something like that, but its a guarantee we players wont get the killing blow... because the players have never killed a major popular NPC.

Garrosh, Arthas, Illidan, Jaina, etc... at best, we can hope an NPC finishes the job

10+ Year Old Account
    If it was just as easy as slapping a replacement character out there, then explain why the new menethil girl isnt popular like sylvanas. Why isn't k-mart replacement lich king even in the same stratosphere of popularity as Arthas? No, there isn't a single time of a "replacement character" working in wow's history short of Anduin, and that's only because they literally built Anduin from Vanilla up as the heir apparent
    literally none of those examples are a goth chick in skimpy outfit
    Bolvar was getting popular in Legion (but blizz killed it) and Bolvar is nowhere as exposed as someone like Garrosh
    Anduin was minor character up to MoP, being in 'classic' he was just some npc
    Thrall

K
    Quote Originally Posted by TristanTaylor View Post
    Sylvanas for once not being the egoistic and egocentric psycho she usually is? Don’t know about that. Would it even fit her character development from the last expansions? Doesn’t sound like Sylvanas, she’s more the type of I‘m screwing all of you, just because I can.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2021-04-12 at 08:22 AM.

The Great Push is at the end of May, so you won't expect it until June at the earliest.

If we're being very generous, the earliest is June. That's because PTR usually lasts 2 months. And that's IF the PTR isn't filled with bugs and glitches. Sometimes it can take even 3 months of PTR (like in the case of 8.3). So don't be surprised if 9.1 won't come out until July/early August.

This patch isn't coming out before summer though, that much is certain.
    Expansion Storylines ranking:

Legion > Cataclysm > MoP > BfA up to 8.2.5 > Wrath > TBC > WoD > Dragonflight > BfA 8.3 > Shadowlands