Page 30 of 62 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    Yelp reviews for players? Majority of people can't even do actual Yelp reviews properly.

"McDonald's does not have vegan options. Would not recommend. 1/5 stars." Yes this is a real review.

There are also clearly fake reviews people post for "the lulz" and clear trolling like when Abraham Lincoln reviewed the Ford Theater:

Now imagine giving toxic-attitude-prone players the power to review other players. More than half of the posters in this forum alone would abuse such a system.
    Like this?
    https://wowrep.io/

10+ Year Old Account
    Key should be deplating on demand or after killing 1st boss.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Maybe it is different on your server group - but in the manual group finder for M+ dungeons, it is full of 3 dps looking for tank and healer, with some 3 dps and tank looking for healer.

Would normally take me hours to find a single M+ run, but if I had a tank and healer then dps would flood in.
    My preset for goupfinder tools are only groups with a tank/at least 1 dps and heal. I wont waste my time with waiting for a tank or heal I just join ready to go groups.

Its the best addon for m+, makes filtering through PUG groups and raids so much easier.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    My preset for goupfinder tools are only groups with a tank/at least 1 dps and heal. I wont waste my time with waiting for a tank or heal I just join ready to go groups.

Its the best addon for m+, makes filtering through PUG groups and raids so much easier.
    Yeh I also use that addon too as a healer, after having had some bad experiences in joining groups without a tank (waiting for one forever) I now search and join only groups with a tank already in.

Much less choices but at least I know that if I’m in we start in minutes.

@chiddie
    M+ participation is gigantic, even as alliance, outside of prime time and with nearly full group filtering I still have to scroll a lot to see all open groups. I ususally filter for specific dungeons aswell, to keep the list shorter.

Bonus: it filters out most boosting ad listings
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    @chiddie
    M+ participation is gigantic, even as alliance, outside of prime time and with nearly full group filtering I still have to scroll a lot to see all open groups. I ususally filter for specific dungeons aswell, to keep the list shorter.

Bonus: it filters out most boosting ad listings
    My side (horde), not that many groups in primetime if I filter for “tank = yes” (at least 12-13 keys), but no problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarcube View Post
    i have done it as a frost dk now... it usually takes 5-10 minutes to get a group...

And an officer in my guild who is also a Frost DK cannot get into keys to save his life unless he does his own or does guild runs. So which experience is true?

Also what level of keys are you doing as a Frost DK?

14-15 keys... but i have almost 1700 rio from my priest... it's rare that i don't get invite no matter what char i play when doing my weekly keys for vault...
    Guess what’s the reason you are invited as frost DK

so get your score up too...
    That’s a completely different topic.

Point is that you are being invited as totally out of meta because your main has a super high rio and so people assumes you won’t at least die from mechanics.

But for anyone whose main is the frost DK, being invited is near to impossible.

14-15 keys... but i have almost 1700 rio from my priest... it's rare that i don't get invite no matter what char i play when doing my weekly keys for vault...

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    Guess what’s the reason you are invited as frost DK
    At 1345, I get almost instant invites into 14 15s as a frost dk.

Anyone here who is good at developing addons? I can be your product owner and together we will develop the M+ Rater (TM)

Basically, it's a 5 star rating system for each key that you are running. You would be able to rate other players from the group at two occasions, using an in-game overlay:

* After defeating the last boss
    * At the moment the first player leaves the group before the last boss was defeated

You could expand on that to rate class skill, dungeon knowledge and friendliness.

Bye toxic.io and burn in hell where you belong to.

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Yes, try to lose about 250 rio, retry and see what happens.

I’m being declined for +14 with 1100 rio as resto shaman, can only imagine what happens to poor dps. This week is probably an anomaly because of shietty tyr affix but if this is the trend I will probably have to buy boosts to get to KSM.

I tried to get an invite for a HoA 14 for the last 3 days with zero success apart one (failed thanks to ppl with 3k dps). Apart from chill runs or ppl with 800 rio trying to run a 14 (no, thanks) it’s getting really difficult to find groups, even as healer, when you get near 15.

I’m being declined for +14 with 1100 rio as resto shaman, can only imagine what happens to poor dps. This week is probably an anomaly because of shietty tyr affix but if this is the trend I will probably have to buy boosts to get to KSM.

I tried to get an invite for a HoA 14 for the last 3 days with zero success apart one (failed thanks to ppl with 3k dps). Apart from chill runs or ppl with 800 rio trying to run a 14 (no, thanks) it’s getting really difficult to find groups, even as healer, when you get near 15.
    tbh its really hard for anyone because everyone wants to get into 14s to get dungeons done for GV . plus a lot of those groups imidiately implode upon slightest mistake . this week is just annoying because a)tyranical is annoying af because its extremly gear depended - is your group fll of 220 people - you will clear it - is your group filled with 210-215 people ? you need almost perfect gameplay to clear some of annoying bosses b)people are used to big trash pulls to time dungeons and then you combine it with bursting wonders happen ,.

i feel sorry for people desperate for KSM but nothign is stopping you from just doing 12s for GV and save progres for next week with fortified. especially that last fortiefied combo was extremly good for progress .

- - - Updated - - -

tbh i have seen this week abysmal bad gameplay from 1100-1200 people that it doesnt surprise me. dont see much difference between someone having 800 and 1100 - both are equaly likely that they were carried by someone else to those numbers. like 1300 io people constantly getting killed on gorechomp to the point group disbanded in 14 even though rest of dungeon went extremly smooth .
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2021-04-12 at 06:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Same! I’m 1335 and literally never ever have an issue getting in keys. I’ve had this same io since January 20th, but still, all I do is queue for a bunch of 14 hoa’s - super easy ever single week! I run 4 of them for the extra chance at look from the vault.

Anyone with ksm shouldnt have any issue getting into keys or running keys. If you’re pushing to ksm: start on a push week (non tyrannical) and run those 15s. If you’re low ilvl, run some dungeons and upgrade that stuff/pvp to 1800 (its free) and then go to town. I think I had 214 ilvl when I originally got ksm (I heal too which isnt a joke in pugs) - so with the 4-5 nerfs - everyone should be able to get ksm now (not to mention people running around with 230ilvl and shit now)

Dont give up

Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    Same! I’m 1335 and literally never ever have an issue getting in keys. I’ve had this same io since January 20th, but still, all I do is queue for a bunch of 14 hoa’s - super easy ever single week! I run 4 of them for the extra chance at look from the vault.

Anyone with ksm shouldnt have any issue getting into keys or running keys. If you’re pushing to ksm: start on a push week (non tyrannical) and run those 15s. If you’re low ilvl, run some dungeons and upgrade that stuff/pvp to 1800 (its free) and then go to town. I think I had 214 ilvl when I originally got ksm (I heal too which isnt a joke in pugs) - so with the 4-5 nerfs - everyone should be able to get ksm now (not to mention people running around with 230ilvl and shit now)

Dont give up
    Again, I’m happy for you, but it’s another special case: you are in the maybe 2% of playerbase that got KSM after one month and a half after S1 started. 20th January I was probably running M+5 or so.

We are talking about dps out of meta that are NOW around 1100 and have no KSM alts.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    tyranical is annoying af because its extremly gear depended - is your group fll of 220 people - you will clear it - is your group filled with 210-215 people ? you need almost perfect gameplay to clear some of annoying bosses .
    210-215 you certainly don't need perfect gameplay or anyway near it to do 14-15s timed. You need to know how to play your class but that is about it. With "almost perfect gameplay" in that gear you can time 17s with not much of a trouble even with off-meta classes. How do I know? We did it, and I certainly wouldn't call those runs "almost perfect gameplay". All you need to do is being comfortable with your class and the dungeon mechanics.

It's always a lottery, will your group finish in time or no, or someone will leave in middle. So far best filter I have found is a small Chit chat before the run. Sure, it's not 100% safe but often that helps. If people talk and agree "If we finish in the time it's super if we finish then good too" then that run at last usually finishes the dungeon.
    As for DPS, it is slow to get invites. But so far the best way to get invites and level io for self from level 10 is completing all dungeons on +10, then all on +11, and so on. Currently, I am x3 15 and x5 +14. Good side, this way I am slowly getting io, and higher chance to group with others +14 to get that 15 done. But Overall doing M+ can feel like getting PTSD... I am only 1229 and It does take maybe 30 mins to get an invite. But getting few dungeons done per day is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    210-215 you certainly don't need perfect gameplay or anyway near it to do 14-15s timed. You need to know how to play your class but that is about it. With "almost perfect gameplay" in that gear you can time 17s with not much of a trouble even with off-meta classes. How do I know? We did it, and I certainly wouldn't call those runs "almost perfect gameplay". All you need to do is being comfortable with your class and the dungeon mechanics.
    yeah - "you did it" - players who are in what ? top 1% of wow players.

now you extrapolate your resoults on general playerbase ?

thats like me saying that you shoudl bench press 120 kg in series without breaking a sweat because i and plenty other people around world have no problem to do so .

this is what i hate about wow forums - everyone treats anyone who is even remotely less skilled then they as absolute trash - while those who are above them as "lol-nolifers lol get life " .

Problem is that you get like 5 healers, and some of those guys will be 1.5-2k score and just want to do the weekly. I don't need anything below 20s currently and we were pugging with two more friends doing 14-16s to get easy weekly. We did couple of our keys and then just joined random player keys. From few keys we pugged it's clear that there are quite a few people just doing weekly stuff.

I would argue that is a good thing where there is abundance of groups - good players would be helping players will lower XP players , but currently everything just chokes on not enough tanks, so there is enough of high rio players doing low keys to cover the existing groups.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    yeah - "you did it" - players who are in what ? top 1% of wow players.
    I was just saying that you don't need "almost perfect gameplay" - that is it. If you had that gear and did almost perfect gameplay you would be doing higher keys for sure. Almost perfect gameplay doesn't have different meaning no matter what key you do. It's just blame deflection to either metagaming, gear or balance or something else. I am not saying that it does not exist, it certainly does, but it exists on the extremes - doing really high keys or doing keys with really low gear, you can look at something and say that you need better classes or gear. doing 15s in 210-215 is certainly not an extreme, you have a lot of space there. As soon as people understand that the problem isn't external factor - they can start improving.
    Last edited by erifwodahs; 2021-04-12 at 08:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    I agree but in tyr weeks things can go pretty bad from one moment to another. You can manage mobs somehow but bosses last so long that sooner or later someone will die to some mechanics.