Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Legendary revolver Comrades Hammer is best gun. 20k+ damage, one shot is pretty much an instant kill on anything in the game aside from Adam Smasher.
    Nah Widowmaker or crafted legendary Achilles is way better. More shots, no ranged penalty, scope, can shoot through walls with charged shots or kill things close range with normal shots. Wide spread and easy to hit with it too an with the right perks, even a single spike hit one shots everything.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amarys View Post
    Nah Widowmaker or crafted legendary Achilles is way better. More shots, no ranged penalty, scope, can shoot through walls with charged shots or kill things close range with normal shots. Wide spread and easy to hit with it too an with the right perks, even a single spike hit one shots everything.
    Comrade's Hammer can shoot through walls without a charge up and has pretty damn good reload speed even for only having one bullet. I haven't had an issue with taking out 3 enemies with one round as well when you get them clumped up.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    I literally finished game on 1.2 playing as hacker female V, finished all sidequests and sinnerman quest as well. Never instantly died, in fact I only died in last mission twice. I didn't use tech weapons tho since spt grad was too op.

I literally had waaaay more bugs in witcher 3
    Like I said, you got lucky. I got the quickhack bug from the start so loading earlier saves wasn't an option.. only noticed it around mid game. Got insta killed twice, once by a trash bag and once by a rock in the desert. Bloody ritual quest gave me permanent breathing noises that wouldnt go away, had to reload a save from before the quest to fix it. Then Sinnerman quest made my female V use male voice in some quests.

And my tech weapons jammed all the time before I realized that selecting them in upgrade screen does it if you don't upgrade them.

- - - Updated - - -

Comrade's Hammer can shoot through walls without a charge up and has pretty damn good reload speed even for only having one bullet. I haven't had an issue with taking out 3 enemies with one round as well when you get them clumped up.
    Yea I know but it's still slow compared to Achilles and the charge up gets really fast with perks, like 0.5 sec or so so doesnt really matter. It's still way faster than reloading the Hammer after every shot.

The main reason I like it though is it works as a mid range sniper and a short range shotgun as well. Great for mowing down groups of enemies that get close or keep moving.

Quote Originally Posted by Amarys View Post
    Like I said, you got lucky. I got the quickhack bug from the start so loading earlier saves wasn't an option.. only noticed it around mid game. Got insta killed twice, once by a trash bag and once by a rock in the desert. Bloody ritual quest gave me permanent breathing noises that wouldnt go away, had to reload a save from before the quest to fix it. Then Sinnerman quest made my female V use male voice in some quests.

And my tech weapons jammed all the time before I realized that selecting them in upgrade screen does it if you don't upgrade them.
    Or you got unlucky.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Or you got unlucky.
    Seems the cyberpunk players are really unlucky then.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Crappy that anyone has to depend on "luck" to dictate what type of game experience they have.
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

Finally it has been launch... but it´s a shhiiiii... XD

1.21 dropped couple of days ago, has relatively sizeable fix list too.
    Now, the question is, what will CDPR do now?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    1.21 dropped couple of days ago, has relatively sizeable fix list too.
    Now, the question is, what will CDPR do now?
    Seems they are going with "fix it first and add things later", which is what people that had issues running the game (for whatever reasons) wanted, even though apparently they have been adding small things here and there. I imagine once they are reasonably happy with how it performs they will then start delivering DLCs of unknown size and content.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fkiolaris View Post
    Seems they are going with "fix it first and add things later", which is what people that had issues running the game (for whatever reasons) wanted, even though apparently they have been adding small things here and there. I imagine once they are reasonably happy with how it performs they will then start delivering DLCs of unknown size and content.
    At least they are fixing it, rather than pull a Bethesda and say fuck it, let modders fix it like they did with Skyrim. So many bugs in that game compared to CP2077 it's like night and day.

At least they are fixing it, rather than pull a Bethesda and say fuck it, let modders fix it like they did with Skyrim. So many bugs in that game compared to CP2077 it's like night and day.
    I never doubted they would be trying to fix it, as I previously said in this very thread. Furthermore, they have too much riding on this game to abandon it and nothing in the near future (as far as we know) to get them any extra revenue. Hopefully, soon enough they will start adding actual content as well.

Are people still playing it though?

Seems like the appeal is "Come live in nightcity!" and kind of seems like a one and done game.

Maybe if the backstory choices mattered it would increase the replayability.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post

Seems like the appeal is "Come live in nightcity!" and kind of seems like a one and done game.

I have to agree with that question. I already sank a hundret hours into it when it came out (PC worked fine for me) and unless they actually add some interesting content to expand the gameplay I don't think I would get alot out of it. Their DLC will be minor stuff anyway and the actual expansion stuff is probably still a ways off.

Tbh, the thing I'd be most interest in now would be something like a total conversion mods, but those are probably as far of as anything else noteworthy. Otherwise they would need to fix some things in a major way to make it interesting, like more stuff regarding the backgrounds, deeper charakter systems, etc.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I have to agree with that question. I already sank a hundret hours into it when it came out (PC worked fine for me) and unless they actually add some interesting content to expand the gameplay I don't think I would get alot out of it. Their DLC will be minor stuff anyway and the actual expansion stuff is probably still a ways off.

Tbh, the thing I'd be most interest in now would be something like a total conversion mods, but those are probably as far of as anything else noteworthy. Otherwise they would need to fix some things in a major way to make it interesting, like more stuff regarding the backgrounds, deeper charakter systems, etc.
    I don't think they are expecting people to be playing it non-stop since it's a single player RPG with no endgame systems. I mean, Witcher 3 didn't sell 50 million copies because anyone played it constantly for 4-5 years (or however long it took them to sell that many copies). They are probably hoping by fixing it first and making it play well on current gen consoles second, they will get some extra sales until they start releasing the full-on expansions. DLCs, if the past is any indication, are just some items here and there, sort of like "presents" to players to keep reminding them that the game is not abandoned.

I mean, Witcher 3 didn't sell 50 million copies because anyone played it constantly for 4-5 years
    It didn't sell 50 million copies period. It was at 20 mil, the netflix and switch release boost got it to 28 mil and it has barely moved since then since there hasn't been an update in awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    It didn't sell 50 million copies period. It was at 20 mil, the netflix and switch release boost got it to 28 mil and it has barely moved since then since there hasn't been an update in awhile.
    https://tech.hindustantimes.com/gami...743570751.html
    He probably means this, the whole series sold 50..
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2021-04-18 at 02:24 AM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    You are correct, it's the whole series. The point though still stands, nobody was playing the games non-stop for X number of years and as you pointed yourself, the release in new systems/consoles and a TV series helped boost the sales of the last one and that's what they are hoping for with Cyberpunk2077 as well.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post

I did 2 playthroughs and clocked ~150 hours-ish into it, which is more than okay for a single player game. For comparison, W3 and all the xpacs took me 100 hours and i couldn't be arsed to play it again, though i enjoyed my first and only playthrough.

The game can't be truly "fixed" without gameplay changes, though, the so called NMS approach. I know we will have new quests, for example, but I really doubt we will ever see police truly chasing you in cars, AV's, etc. Or anyone else, for that matter, and that is just one example.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy hell, It's finally playable on my new hardware.

Previous system - playing initial unpatched release - 8600k @ all-core 4.8GHz, 1080 Strix, 16GB DDR4 3200 - Couldn't maintain even 40FPS on lowest settings @ 1440p

New system - fully patched - 10850K @ all-core 5GHz, RTX 3080, 16GB DDR4 3200 - Literal max settings, all ray tracing effects enabled and maxed, DLSS on Quality setting, 1440p

I have 10 cores and 20 threads and none were below 40% usage, GPU hovered around 97% usage too. Never went below 70FPS in the Corps building, no idea how it'll perform outside though. Disabling DLSS saw the framerate drop to 45 inside the Corps building.

This is actually amazing, I can finally play it.
    Last edited by MrPaladinGuy; 2021-05-02 at 10:12 PM.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset